Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

VillainShima

Sep 24, 2018
I know I'm bad with this stuff but- how does it work for now? Launch the game, make the char and pose it? Is there anything else to do? Doesn't seem that much VR-ish.

Nov 10, 2017
I know I'm bad with this stuff but- how does it work for now? Launch the game, make the char and pose it? Is there anything else to do? Doesn't seem that much VR-ish.
the new working title is FurryVNE, not VR. VNE for visual novel engine(?). I believe they changed it so that patreon wouldn't kick them from the platform. AFAIK, it plans on being an upgraded version of the first yiffalicious program. Create characters, put them in a scene, then use those rigged models to either created animations from scratch or using preset or user made scripts. It's main appeal is the extremely robust character creation, but on the other hand it's frankly not very user friendly. It's more of a program, less of a game.

Edit: also, yes. that's the game right now. Make a character, pose it. You can open the cloud and load up other people's characters. You can check out their poses and save them to use them with your saved characters too. that's about it though.

Last edited:

Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
Anyone else here tried their hand and creating stuff with the new garment system? Kinda curious to see if anyone's made use of it.

Reactions: FuzzyFerret

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
Anyone else here tried their hand and creating stuff with the new garment system? Kinda curious to see if anyone's made use of it.
actually i really want to but i'm a bit busy
and each 3-4 month i go on it (and every 2 years on blender) so i don't know "again" how to create stuff
i will REALLY appreciate a tutorial A to Z on FurryVNE writted or on vid (and blender but this i can find it easily)

Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
actually i really want to but i'm a bit busy
and each 3-4 month i go on it (and every 2 years on blender) so i don't know "again" how to create stuff
i will REALLY appreciate a tutorial A to Z on FurryVNE writted or on vid (and blender but this i can find it easily)
Actually!

That's a pretty good starting point. As for how to actually create the garments inside Blender, you're on your own.

Reactions: FuzzyFerret

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
Actually!

That's a pretty good starting point. As for how to actually create the garments inside Blender, you're on your own.
i've seen it just after writting the post ^^
but i'm speacking about the character creator itself i'm lost every fucking time i goes in !that why i would like to see a characters creation from A to Z if it stay on youtube (or forum) it will be cool so the next time i test furryvne i won't be lost again
btw for new and original garnement i need to relearn how to blender and will take a will.

i just hope they will make a "casual ver" of it ... i don't have a week too learn the basis every time i want to create something =)

Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
i've seen it just after writting the post ^^
but i'm speacking about the character creator itself i'm lost every fucking time i goes in !that why i would like to see a characters creation from A to Z if it stay on youtube (or forum) it will be cool so the next time i test furryvne i won't be lost again
btw for new and original garnement i need to relearn how to blender and will take a will.

i just hope they will make a "casual ver" of it ... i don't have a week too learn the basis every time i want to create something =)
Is there a specific part you find hard or just the whole workflow in general? I think settings the size an proportions of the character is pretty straight forward and similar to your usual RPG character creator, but when you get to the texturing part, things get a bit more tedious :D

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I really prefer this level of control, even though it leads to quite a learning curve. Maybe people who don't want to learn the system can download pre-made characters from the cloud and tweak 'em to their liking.

jadegreen

Jul 31, 2018
Just tried the game/program again. game still crashing at the same point. just upgraded the video card after i got some money that was owed to me. GTX 970 2 gen 4gb mem. oh well guess this aint to be

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
If you got your card off ebay cheaply, there's a risk the card is faked.

Can you run your card through and see how it performs?

Supposedly GPU-Z is supposed to be able to detect fake cards, too. Might be worth checking out:

Other things to try:
  1. Run the game on the lowest settings (dialog before launching the game).
  2. Make sure you're running the latest drivers.

Reactions: Choo-choo

jadegreen

Jul 31, 2018
i dont buy cards from overseas any more. i been had to many times. i looked into the card before i got it from ebay. wasnt cheap. over 200 dollars. i check nivida website to see what the card needs to look like and what type of power hook ups if any it needs. i use the card checkers and yes i have a gtx 970 2 gen 4gb

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
i dont buy cards from overseas any more. i been had to many times. i looked into the card before i got it from ebay. wasnt cheap. over 200 dollars. i check nivida website to see what the card needs to look like and what type of power hook ups if any it needs. i use the card checkers and yes i have a gtx 970 2 gen 4gb
Post benchmark and GPU-Z window.

If there was code at fault, the app would throw an exception, not crash. A crash is indicative of a serious issue in the engine itself (Unity in this case) or a serious hardware problem. The thing is, the version of Unity this game uses is VERY stable. It's an LTS release that has had a significant amount of patches. To date, it's the most patched LTS version of Unity still in development.

Even if you didn't have enough VRAM, the driver should start swapping textures in RAM (as you can see in the video I posted). It takes a ton of time to do and will cause severe frame drops, but the app wouldn't crash.

So a crashing app can only mean one (or more) of the following:
  1. A serious issue in the engine (unlikely in this case).
  2. A serious hardware issue.
  3. A driver issue.
  4. Potentially some corrupted installation issue with DirectX?
Without more information, it's impossible to help any further.

jadegreen

Jul 31, 2018
dont worry about it. it a way some games/programs tell me it not for me. yes the card has improved some of the games i have .

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes