Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

FartingRainbows

Oct 14, 2019
To date this is the worst Character Creator I've ever seen and had the displeasure of trying to decipher.
Yes I agree: It's not worth anyone's time downloading this app - there's no game yet - this feels more like a proof of concept on Dev's understanding how to program a CC into a 3D engine.
Much of the content is confusing - a lot of words used are not normal to every CC I've seen before this.
Many options didn't work.
Considering there is stuff all content, it suffers from lag - Turning the model is jerky - and after choosing a mod, you gotta wait 2 seconds to see the change.
I'd probably understand what I'm doing more if I got a human to mod + it wasn't so laggy + half of the words used for naming the mod was written in laymen terms + Completely change the chunky squashed together CC menu and sliders to a much more cleaner easy to read version.
Rating: 1/5. It's a CC menu I've never seen before thus never used before. It needs to be standardized.

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
To date this is the worst Character Creator I've ever seen and had the displeasure of trying to decipher.
Yes I agree: It's not worth anyone's time downloading this app - there's no game yet - this feels more like a proof of concept on Dev's understanding how to program a CC into a 3D engine.
Much of the content is confusing - a lot of words used are not normal to every CC I've seen before this.
Many options didn't work.
Considering there is stuff all content, it suffers from lag - Turning the model is jerky - and after choosing a mod, you gotta wait 2 seconds to see the change.
I'd probably understand what I'm doing more if I got a human to mod + it wasn't so laggy + half of the words used for naming the mod was written in laymen terms + Completely change the chunky squashed together CC menu and sliders to a much more cleaner easy to read version.
Rating: 1/5. It's a CC menu I've never seen before thus never used before. It needs to be standardized.
i agree with that the ui feel not harmonious nor intuitive at all, it's not possible to build a character from 0 if you don't invest a LOT of time in it (4-5 hours when you don't know and understand how it work it's just impossible, plan for more 10-15hours to fully understand how it work)
but :
-don't forget it's in alpha they still redo/change thing, add stuff ect
-don't forget it will be an animated 3d scene maker then a visual novel creator, not a character creator
-actually you can create a "human like character" just the head change not a valid argument for me
-not laggy for me and i don't have a beast, just don't run it with a wooden 5+ years old PC, but i agree it need more optimization in the end
-many option did'nt work : exemple ?

actually for the Character creator :
-the UI is ..."uncomfortable" (for me it's an emergency to change)
-the camera control and the short cut are horrible and unintuitive
-it lack a lot of customization (more slider to modify the shape will be welcomed)
-you need external program if you want to create props/garment/mask( it's a bit sad but can deal with it)
-part like tails or wings have some huge problem (but i've seen they will fix it) like not subject to gravity

Last edited:

Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
-it lack a lot of customization (more slider to modify the shape will be welcomed)
-you need external program if you want to create props/garment/mask( it's a bit sad but can deal with it)
-props have some huge problem (but i've seen they will fix it) like not subject to gravity (for exemple the tail)
You want the program to be simpler, but you also want it to contain even more stuff that will make it even more complicated? :unsure:
The garment creation should be kept outside of FurryVNE. That way it won't confuse new users, who don't know how to use it, and having a 3D-modeling application inside FurryVNE is outiside of the scope of this project. Just do the complicated modeling inside Blender and import it into FurryVNE.

What sort of problems do you have with the prop system? If you want props meshes to be affected by gravity, they will need to be rigged to an armature and weight painted, which will make the prop creation process way more difficult.

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
You want the program to be simpler, but you also want it to contain even more stuff that will make it even more complicated? :unsure:
The garment creation should be kept outside of FurryVNE. That way it won't confuse new users, who don't know how to use it, and having a 3D-modeling application inside FurryVNE is outiside of the scope of this project. Just do the complicated modeling inside Blender and import it into FurryVNE.

What sort of problems do you have with the prop system? If you want props meshes to be affected by gravity, they will need to be rigged to an armature and weight painted, which will make the prop creation process way more difficult.
no, i want it to be simpler to use and to understand, that's way different.
for garment i think you're right.

there is misunderstanding,sorry about that : it's not "props" it' more "part" like tails, wings, ears... it need like you said armature and be weight painted

(i will edit my post)

Reactions: Pigfarmer

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
how do I do that?
3 page before, don't forget the research button it's your friend too like google and the stalker with a knife behind you =)
nah it's not a performance problem

if you have installed FurryVNE (or previously YF2) try :
WinKey + R > "regedit"
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FurryVNE Team\FurryVNE
Remove the "last_character_file" entry.

if you haven't installed furryVNE before try :
-remove all files in : %appdata%\roaming\FurryVNE Team\FurryVNE and start your game as administrator

in both case :
-update your drivers, clean your pc registry with Ccleaner or something else.
-make a clean uninstal of FurryVNE then redownload it and make sure everything is fine and they are not files related to furryvne OR YF2 still on your pc then reinstall it

if everything has'nt work : normally you got log here : %appdata%\LocalLow\FurryVNE Team\FurryVNE
you can report your issue to their forum :

apparently some graphic card does'nt support Hardware for DX11 only 10 or less, and apparently FurryVNE uses dx11 not 10
source :

Reactions: Pigfarmer

b800047

Jun 9, 2017
...not gonna lie...i can see why they already had preset characters in the first game...i mean the character maker ui may not be as polished as Koikatsu or Rack 2...but its not impossible to know just the general basics (colors, head, hands, clothing, etc.)...i really do hope they keep the animation function tho...im not a fan of this being JUST a visual novel engine...

Reactions: tester72

jodydeen

May 1, 2021
does anybody know how to delete furryvne from my computer because the one I have right now is not working.

Laikhent

May 16, 2018
Game crashes for me during the processing part. My GPU is quite old (gtx 750 ti). I wonder if the game requires something that my card does not support. Tried launching with different graphic settings. When the game crashes I still have plenty of RAM available so I believe it's not a RAM amount issue.

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes