Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

Kilosan

Mar 10, 2019
Then vote on the bug tracker to make animations release sooner:

instead of posting useless complaints, we can actually help get this released sooner.
I can't believe their entire patreon community with us combined only did 28 votes. I know you have to make an account but people make change.org accounts for nearly fucking anything.

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
Then vote on the bug tracker to make animations release sooner:

instead of posting useless complaints, we can actually help get this released sooner.
hahaha, you loosing your nerves ^^ don't forget the /ignore is still here ! =D

I can't believe their entire patreon community with us combined only did 28 votes. I know you have to make an account but people make change.org accounts for nearly fucking anything.
unity website is a fucking mess. last time i tried to use it, it disconnected me like 5 times, i just gave up.

Last edited:
May 25, 2021
it shows how much people lost confidence in the project. and also how poor its reach is currently.

One the interaction system releases, top furry animators with a big audience should be commissioned to make animated sequences with it so their audience will see the power of the tool.

maria.wachtel

Jan 2, 2022
It is quite easy, I just voted - you can login with one of your Google Accounts. Took me like two clicks. Let's Go Guys, vote vote vote!

If you didn't vote in your local election, at least vote for this :-D

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
Aren't they said in last dev log or even somewhere else, that they made their own fix for this SDF stuff ? and while having an official fix from unity would be nice in the future, they already can work on the interaction system. By the way, it already says "In Progress" on unity website, why does it matter how much more votes it will get ?

On a side note, what really bogs my mind, is why are they so fixated on this exact bugged SDF feature, that it should be done here and now ? I get that they want to make physics very next gen, realistic, e.t.c. And what they show were indeed impressive, but why now ? Why can't they just give us "the sex update" without SDF, and with a placeholder serviceable physics instead, and implement the SDF later when it is truly fixed and stable, physics like in their previous project - Yiffalicious, never heard anyone truly complain about physics in that game.

And what about all the other features, why aren't they in the game yet ? Like the soft body or animated ears/tails/hair The first was in development long before they started messing with SDF the parts of it that needs SDF is only for collisions right now i believe, and for latter they showed in a devlog that you need to manually add the collision boxes/spheres for tails'n'stuff in character editor, so SDF is not a hard dependency for them either. And what about the new rig they showed back in 2021 ?
They say they will add all those features in the interaction update, buy why ? Why not let the community test them now, maybe report the bugs early ?
Is all this stuff they showed all this years even working in game, outside of tech demos ? If yes why again, aren't they in the game yet:unsure:

• Hey there
Reactions: FuzzyFerret

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
Aren't they said in last dev log or even somewhere else, that they made their own fix for this SDF stuff ? and while having an official fix from unity would be nice in the future, they already can work on the interaction system. By the way, it already says "In Progress" on unity website, why does it matter how much more votes it will get ?

On a side note, what really bogs my mind, is why are they so fixated on this exact bugged SDF feature, that it should be done here and now ? I get that they want to make physics very next gen, realistic, e.t.c. And what they show were indeed impressive, but why now ? Why can't they just give us "the sex update" without SDF, and with a placeholder serviceable physics instead, and implement the SDF later when it is truly fixed and stable, physics like in their previous project - Yiffalicious, never heard anyone truly complain about physics in that game.

And what about all the other features, why aren't they in the game yet ? Like the soft body or animated ears/tails/hair The first was in development long before they started messing with SDF the parts of it that needs SDF is only for collisions right now i believe, and for latter they showed in a devlog that you need to manually add the collision boxes/spheres for tails'n'stuff in character editor, so SDF is not a hard dependency for them either. And what about the new rig they showed back in 2021 ?
They say they will add all those features in the interaction update, buy why ? Why not let the community test them now, maybe report the bugs early ?
Is all this stuff they showed all this years even working in game, outside of tech demos ? If yes why again, aren't they in the game yet:unsure:
can't answer to all, but i can for a few :

" Aren't they said in last dev log or even somewhere else, that they made their own fix for this SDF stuff ? and while having an official fix from unity would be nice in the future, they already can work on the interaction system. "
they will use the unity baking system for the shaft, and their own baking system for the rest.

" And what about all the other features, why aren't they in the game yet ? Like the soft body or animated ears/tails/hair "
this need a physic engine.

" Is all this stuff they showed all this years even working in game, outside of tech demos ? If yes why again, aren't they in the game yet "
1 the unity bug cause memory leak and so you can't play or work on it. even they have their own fix for just the reason above they can't.
2 all preview they showed doesn't mean the interaction build is ready for a release : missing essential feature, correcting major bug.

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
they will use the unity baking system for the shaft, and their own baking system for the rest.
Ok understandable, no objections here. Just that i'm pretty sure we can live with no 100% realistic shaft on body collisions and a yiffalcious 1 tier penetration physics(which is still really good IMO, and way better than what most sex sims provide even now) would suffice.

But they have a physics engine, the breasts in game right now have physics, and and all the things they showed before all this SDF shenanigans in tech demos would not be possible without a physics engine i belive. SDF baking is not a physics engine, SDF baking is whatever this is some kind of a tool/utility, they use it for collisions and such.

1 the unity bug cause memory leak and so you can't play or work on it. even they have their own fix for just the reason above they can't.
And that unity bug only related to SDF baking(since the bug report on the unity website states:"SDF BAKING CAUSES MEMORY TO BE ALLOCATED THAT ISN'T DEALLOCATED WHEN IN PLAY MODE AND IN BUILDS" not all the other features that can, and was shown to be functioning without it), The question of why the "features not in a game yet" does not include the SDF, as i do know that it causes memory leaks. But as i was saying, the other features were developed before they picked up the SDF idea, so it can't be a core component. The first patreon post about SDF was
Next Gen Collision System - Animation Progress Part 4 (Patreon) (2022-04-14)
And the dynamic parts(tails, ears, e.t.c) was
Animation/Interactions Progress Part 3 (Patreon) 2022-02-27
Months before they they decided to start implementing SDF
And the development of Soft body physics dates way back when the game was still called YL2 not FVNE, or even when they still called it the "Engine redesign" Updates (Patreon) 2017-02-22
and the rig update patreon post was older than SDF post too and had nothing to do with SDF to begin with.

all preview they showed doesn't mean the interaction build is ready for a release : missing essential feature, correcting major bug.
Of couse that dosen't mean that interaction build is ready, that was not what i meant. The argument about features not being in game was not about the interaction build itself, but specifically about features listed above that can be implemented excluding the SDF, but for some reason still isn't and they insist on them being released only with the interaction build.
All those features (and the dynamic parts especially) does not require interaction system and should be availibale in the character editor.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FuzzyFerret

ssbbssc

Dec 13, 2019
can't answer to all, but i can for a few :

" Aren't they said in last dev log or even somewhere else, that they made their own fix for this SDF stuff ? and while having an official fix from unity would be nice in the future, they already can work on the interaction system. "

" And what about all the other features, why aren't they in the game yet ? Like the soft body or animated ears/tails/hair "

" Is all this stuff they showed all this years even working in game, outside of tech demos ? If yes why again, aren't they in the game yet "
2 all preview they showed doesn't mean the interaction build is ready for a release : missing essential feature, correcting major bug.
like i said - i saw so much games on Unity, that i dont belive they will ever release anything out of that model poser
like RLY
if i encountering some bug in the engine i m using i l hust try to patch it myself, or make some work-around or switch to later\newer version of engine
there are a lot of ways

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
Ok understandable, no objections here. Just that i'm pretty sure we can live with no 100% realistic shaft on body collisions and a yiffalcious 1 tier penetration physics(which is still really good IMO, and way better than what most sex sims provide even now) would suffice.

But they have a physics engine, the breasts in game right now have physics, and and all the things they showed before all this SDF shenanigans in tech demos would not be possible without a physics engine i belive. SDF baking is not a physics engine, SDF baking is whatever this is some kind of a tool/utility, they use it for collisions and such.

And that unity bug only related to SDF baking(since the bug report on the unity website states:"SDF BAKING CAUSES MEMORY TO BE ALLOCATED THAT ISN'T DEALLOCATED WHEN IN PLAY MODE AND IN BUILDS" not all the other features that can, and was shown to be functioning without it), The question of why the "features not in a game yet" does not include the SDF, as i do know that it causes memory leaks. But as i was saying, the other features were developed before they picked up the SDF idea, so it can't be a core component. The first patreon post about SDF was
Next Gen Collision System - Animation Progress Part 4 (Patreon) (2022-04-14)
And the dynamic parts(tails, ears, e.t.c) was
Animation/Interactions Progress Part 3 (Patreon) 2022-02-27
Months before they they decided to start implementing SDF
And the development of Soft body physics dates way back when the game was still called YL2 not FVNE, or even when they still called it the "Engine redesign" Updates (Patreon) 2017-02-22
and the rig update patreon post was older than SDF post too and had nothing to do with SDF to begin with.

Of couse that dosen't mean that interaction build is ready, that was not what i meant. The argument about features not being in game was not about the interaction build itself, but specifically about features listed above that can be implemented excluding the SDF, but for some reason still isn't and they insist on them being released only with the interaction build.
All those features (and the dynamic parts especially) does not require interaction system and should be availibale in the character editor.
animation use SDF baking for what you say in their cases. all they showed are related to the physic engine. Backing is part of their project since they start speaking about the engine.
unity physic engine doesn't meet their standard, and, with a CCtool ppl make disproportionate characters which lead to have a proper engine to emulate them.

actually the breast are emulated by slider, they have no physic properly speaking. ofc they can make ears work that way, but they did'nt intend too, for some reasons, i can only theorize like : all characters have breasts but not all character have ears, and, ears are places differently depending on the character.
you can still add slider to emulate that on your parts and cloth with shapekey. but it's not intended to replace the physic.

also you can't add a feature if all related features are not ready.
this be like having an arm but no brain to operate it or no shoulder to use it.

i've not enought knowledge to anwser you properly, you can still ask your question on the discord, you will certainly have more proper anwsers than mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: ssbbssc

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
animation use SDF baking for what you say in their cases. all they showed are related to the physic engine. Backing is part of their project since they start speaking about the engine.
No, that is not entirely true, SDF baking were totally not a part of their project since they started speaking about the engine. The first major patreon post about it is "Animation/Interactions Progress! (Patreon) 2021-10-25" In that post they are describing that deafault unity engine is just does not look good/do the job for them and go in detail about the engine they came up with, there where no mentions of SDF whatsoever, so the case for the latter patreon updates,
SDF came into picture somwhere around here Next Gen Collision System - Animation Progress Part 4 (Patreon) (2022-04-14) which states from the first paragraph:

"Hi all!

We're proud to present our new automatic collision system for FurryVNE that will go along with the new interaction systems coming later this year."

And then they proceeded to explain what SDF actually is, which is specifically in their case about collision, not animaton or soft bodies itself, you can look it up on either KP or their patreon.
But the most important part is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The SDF baking is the newest addition to their engine. And yes The parts of features like soft body belly and tits deforming when being pressed against a collider like a wall and also each other, and dynamic parts use the SDF baking, again exclusively when it comes to collision like the tails colliding with the body instead of clipping trough it, but they already had the tech to prevent that, it was described in one of the update posts and it required you the player set the colliders on body yourself, but the idea was scrapped the moment they decided trying implementing SDF baking(cuz its was better they told). So those systems are not solely dependent on the SDF baking, since they have their own functions, that already worked, the soft bodies where soft'n'jiggly and dynamic parts were affected by physics before the SDF.

actually the breast are emulated by slider, they have no physic properly speaking. ofc they can make ears work that way, but they did'nt intend too, for some reasons, i can only theorize like : all characters have breasts but not all character have ears, and, ears are places differently depending on the character.
you can still add slider to emulate that on your parts and cloth with shapekey. but it's not intended to replace the physic.
I don't quite understand what "emulated by slider" means, like a firmness slider in game or simulation of bra physics on breasts ? The first just determines how heavy and jiggly the breast should be and latter deforms the breasts in order to simulate them beind inside a bra, because clothing mechanic does not do that by itself. But breast themselves definitely do have physics, they jiggle when the character is moved in pose mode, they deform when you press them against the ground, and they are affected by gravity when you put the character upside down or pose it lying on their back. It's all procedural, not prerendered by hand. But i can agree that those physics are not the physics of their engine, it's a placeholder, a default unity physics engine probably.
As for why only breasts have physics and not other parts, my theory is wiggle/jiggle/dynamic bones. On their models only the breasts have them. The ears/tails/etc that you import or have in the game are just meshes with just the root bone, that's why they are static, and i don't have much knowledge on modeling and animation, but i believe that dynamic bones are only a thing because of like a blender plugin that adds them, or they are coded in the software itself, so that's why you can't import models with them in FVNE, they just won't work outside of where they where added.
And as for clothes i have no idea how that works, i don't believe they ever specified how the jiggles on clothing works in their game, but just shape key shouldn't be enough to simulate physics procedurally. As the shape key just deforms the mesh in a predefined way. Like The belly inflation slider or breast size slider are shape keys, they can't simulate physics.

also you can't add a feature if all related features are not ready.
this be like having an arm but no brain to operate it or no shoulder to use it.
If it is a feature of a one singular system where they all can only work if they are all present then yes, i suppose you can't and shouldn't.
But those features are not that, they each do separately their own thing, and only intersect somewhat.(like soft body intersect with SDF when it needs to collide with other character so it can properly deform when being squised against it) With the exception of like core stuff for the engine, but since they already implementing soft body, SDF and other things, that part is defiantly ready and working, otherwise they could not show us anything.(but i'm not sure, i don't really know how physics engines structured or work)
Well i dunno they defiantly did that with CCtool, it did not have all the features like custom offsets and clothing, character cloud. They added those later, why can't they add things one by one this time ?

i've not enought knowledge to anwser you properly, you can still ask your question on the discord, you will certainly have more proper anwsers than mine.
It's okay, i came here just to discuss a game, would be nice but i don't expect all the answers just handled to me, only FVNE devs truly know all these things since it's their game.
And i higly doubt i will get any proper answers from their discord, ppl there will probaly take it as an attack on devs and will get overly defensive, and devs would just ignore the uncomfortable questions, or pull "it's my project i do it how i want card".
That's just how it goes with these discord servers, or official forums and such.

And my personal opinion, i believe that devs just went over the top with their ambitions, and prioritized looks rather than functionality, and start doing things that is not priority for majority of people who liked this game. This game is bassicaly YL1 but better, at least that's how it started. People wanted a CC tool, and more flexible non restrictive interactions to make cool sex scenes. But who really asked for 100% believable realistic physics, or in-depth collision system, penetration dynamics were good as they were even in YL1. All the updates on animation is really not that much about animation, it's all about their complicated physics engine, that i personally believe is not necessary at this stage. Ability to make sex scenes with simpler physics engine>just waiting for years and huff copium hoping that it's gonna come out soon and no new problems arrive.
Can't they do all that stuff later, and just give ppl what they truly want ? I belive if they just dropped the SDF, and go for simpler physics in general we would already have interactions months ago.

As some dude from this thread said it best:

fuck these engine crap nerd thing
i want seggs with a dragon

Last edited:

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
It's okay, i came here just to discuss a game, would be nice but i don't expect all the answers just handled to me, only FVNE devs truly know all these things since it's their game.
And i higly doubt i will get any proper answers from their discord, ppl there will probaly take it as an attack on devs and will get overly defensive, and devs would just ignore the uncomfortable questions, or pull "it's my project i do it how i want card".
That's just how it goes with these discord servers, or official forums and such.
then you can't have a proper answer sorry :/.
you just suppose it will goes like this but, i'm sure if you keep your language correct everything will be okay.

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes