Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
You don't have to "believe" them, just look at the dev logs and see the rapid progress yourself by looking at the dates.
Oh, THATs what were referring to? Things they showed on the vlogs? Oh yeah i agree, those are some features allright. WHICH ARE'NT IN THE FEKING GAME YET, NOW ARE THEY??

Might as well be a slideshow presentation really, this still a glorified make-a-barbie sim as it is. Come on man...

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
$12/month for access to WIP builds.
This thread was made in January of 2020, 42 months ago.

Let's assume there is a player named Bob who subbed to the game's patreon after finding out about the sequel via this thread, and was charged in February of 2020 for the first time. 41 months of charges.

41 months * $12 a month = $492 dollars spent total so far, just by Bob

That's $492 from Bob with not much different to show for it after all this time.

Why should Bob pay $492 for a character creator that just keeps adding parts that Bob himself can make in blender? Why would I choose to pay for it knowing how much Bob has spent?

Don't be a schmuck like Bob.
Ah, what the hell. At least them shmucks payed for this shit so the rest of us dont have to. Just grab them here once theyre done with the animtools. If they ever

No losses here either way....

Gmarto

May 2, 2023
Oh, THATs what were referring to? Things they showed on the vlogs? Oh yeah i agree, those are some features allright. WHICH ARE'NT IN THE FEKING GAME YET, NOW ARE THEY??

Might as well be a slideshow presentation really, this still a glorified make-a-barbie sim as it is. Come on man...
Seems like you understand ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about programming process.

I'll try to explain. They have already made the majority of preparation work for implementing interactions. BUT! There are also a lot of technical issues, that can not be noticed by some amateurs like you, but have a huge influence on future playing. Btw, you want a game that work stable and smooth, and not corrupting like every f*cking 5 seconds? It's not just "PrInTiNg ThE cOdE", sometimes some things doesn't work as they should.

Maybe interactions would be the 3rd gamemode, like character builder and pose mode. And, unlike builder and pose mode which are static modes, interactions will be a dynamic gamemode. Remember, how many bugfixes they were made during the development? And now imagine, how many problems they see now, when they try to put their models into action. Of course, it takes time to make interaction mode, but then, they should unite all the stuff they made into a single program, and not to corrupt the existing one. And Unity updates too, that turning the development to walking on a minefield. Also, interactions are a set of new functions, that the game would process, and these functions must not to conflict with the already implemented ones, that can result in a game that doesn't work at all.

I predict, that the game size will at least double after the interactions would be implementing, this is HOW A LOT of work is it actually. Also, they are trying to make the action to look the best as it possible, and WE HAVE an approximate prediction about interactions implemention made by the developer:

" I think it's likely we'll have one more [in addition to this one] before interactions hit. - odes " 2023-07-15 08:52:18.980000

He said that before 2023-07-21 release, and the last build is 2023-08-11 (but it doesn't count as it is a bugfix update). As they usually making updates like every 1.5 months, it is possible that they will make interactions update by the end of this year, if there will not be any other issues (don't forget they are living people, with living problems, like everyone else). And if you're not enjoying this game and how it being updated, try to make something faster and better, before judging them.

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
Seems like you understand ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about programming process.

I'll try to explain. They have already made the majority of preparation work for implementing interactions. BUT! There are also a lot of technical issues, that can not be noticed by some amateurs like you, but have a huge influence on future playing. Btw, you want a game that work stable and smooth, and not corrupting like every f*cking 5 seconds? It's not just "PrInTiNg ThE cOdE", sometimes some things doesn't work as they should.

Maybe interactions would be the 3rd gamemode, like character builder and pose mode. And, unlike builder and pose mode which are static modes, interactions will be a dynamic gamemode. Remember, how many bugfixes they were made during the development? And now imagine, how many problems they see now, when they try to put their models into action. Of course, it takes time to make interaction mode, but then, they should unite all the stuff they made into a single program, and not to corrupt the existing one. And Unity updates too, that turning the development to walking on a minefield. Also, interactions are a set of new functions, that the game would process, and these functions must not to conflict with the already implemented ones, that can result in a game that doesn't work at all.

I predict, that the game size will at least double after the interactions would be implementing, this is HOW A LOT of work is it actually. Also, they are trying to make the action to look the best as it possible, and WE HAVE an approximate prediction about interactions implemention made by the developer:

" I think it's likely we'll have one more [in addition to this one] before interactions hit. - odes " 2023-07-15 08:52:18.980000

He said that before 2023-07-21 release, and the last build is 2023-08-11 (but it doesn't count as it is a bugfix update). As they usually making updates like every 1.5 months, it is possible that they will make interactions update by the end of this year, if there will not be any other issues (don't forget they are living people, with living problems, like everyone else). And if you're not enjoying this game and how it being updated, try to make something faster and better, before judging them.
I hate repeating myself.

But we'll get there once we get there, huh? Should be veeeery soon now...supposedly

Last edited:

MotorcycleCop

Aug 16, 2021
I can't seem to find the option, where do you import a second character in pose mode like they show off in the animation previews?
They probably want to release animations relatively feature complete & polished, but you'd think they would try to put together a playable build for supporters to mess around with & give feedback to, even if it's incomplete & doesn't have support for uploading/downloading interactions from the cloud. It's basically how they did it when it was just a character creator & now they have animations at least basically functional. The video overview didn't look janky or anything, but he did only show off a very basic interaction & maybe everything breaks with any creativity in character design & pose, who knows.

MotorcycleCop

Aug 16, 2021
when animations get released how long do you think before they implement VR?
They've talked about implementing VR similar to their first game eventually, but I imagine it'll be a long while after they get animations up & running. I'd love to be surprised, but I doubt it's a priority at all. I also hope they actually make VR that is better than Yiffalicious, it was pretty basic & disappointing in that game & hopefully this one can have some actual interactivity.

May 25, 2021
They probably want to release animations relatively feature complete & polished, but you'd think they would try to put together a playable build for supporters to mess around with & give feedback to, even if it's incomplete & doesn't have support for uploading/downloading interactions from the cloud. It's basically how they did it when it was just a character creator & now they have animations at least basically functional. The video overview didn't look janky or anything, but he did only show off a very basic interaction & maybe everything breaks with any creativity in character design & pose, who knows.
that's what they're working on releasing right now.
they're not trying to make it feature complete, they're trying to get it working.

do you think people would be ok with playing a demo that BSOD your PC after 10 minutes? or do you want them to fix that first before releasing?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ssbbssc

tester72

Nov 8, 2019
that's what they're working on releasing right now.
they're not trying to make it feature complete, they're trying to get it working.

do you think people would be ok with playing a demo that BSOD your PC after 10 minutes? or do you want them to fix that first before releasing?
Honestly speaking even doing that would be better for them because it could make it soo that all the people who are doubting this ever becomes a playable game are proven wrong instead of being perpetually right in telling people how much time passed with zero actually visible and testable game progress.

MotorcycleCop

Aug 16, 2021
I mean, they've shown off that the animations are functional, they *are* working, at least on a basic level. They even said that most of what's left to do is more polish & features in the video showing off what they have of animations.

I don't know where BSOD is coming from, I mean anything can happen I guess but I don't think that was ever an issue? lol. It would just be nice if they could start doing what they first did for the character creator & put out a test build to let people try animations out. If it causes blue screens, then everyone testing will be sure to let them know.

Or I guess at the very least perhaps they should release a video of their current animation tech on E621 or something. Let people who aren't Patrons or pirates know what they currently have in progress, because it does look pretty good & I guess most people haven't seen it yet.

Reactions: Blain

kep31

Sep 11, 2020
jesus fucking christ
Wait so- they gonna rebuild/remade the whole game engine from scratch...?
No, this is post from 2016, when they explained what Yiffalicious 2 - now called FurryVNE - will be.
But yes, they had to create their own engine from scratch, because no engine was doing what they needed, to achieve their vision. That is why this is taking so long. Also, as i understand, there is only 2-3 people working on it. As per the recent dev news, animations should be public within half a year (probably).

Last edited:

Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
No, this is post from 2016, when they explained what Yiffalicious 2 - now called FurryVNE - will be.
But yes, they had to create their own engine from scratch, because no engine was doing what they needed, to achieve their vision. That is why this is taking so long. Also, as i understand, there is only 2-3 people working on it. As per the recent dev news, animations should be public within half a year (probably).
FVNE still uses Unity.

Reactions: MotorcycleCop
3.90 star(s) 9 Votes