Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

MotorcycleCop

Aug 16, 2021
Here if you mean this, here's latest update:
Thank you for uploading these, I don't use Twitter or whatever so I was wondering what the supposed testers were getting up to. Makes me wonder what they're making everyone wait for if they really do have Interactions working with custom characters. Do they just need to get the cloud uploading/downloading working or something? I feel like most people would be fine waiting on certain features like the cloud if it meant they actually got to mess with animations themselves. Either way, hopefully not long now, better not make us wait until Christmas...

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Makes me wonder what they're making everyone wait for if they really do have Interactions working with custom characters.
Probably general testing, quality assurance, that sort of thing. It's amazing how many little bugs, crashes, and bits of undefined behavior can suddenly spring up if you hand a program off to another person. It's pretty tough to act like a novice when it comes to a system that you've designed from scratch, after all. Considering how long it's been already, I imagine they want to make sure the launch goes as smoothly as possible to avoid backlash.

As an added bonus, handing it off to testers also gives them a bunch of user-created animations to launch with.

tester72

Nov 8, 2019
Probably general testing, quality assurance, that sort of thing. It's amazing how many little bugs, crashes, and bits of undefined behavior can suddenly spring up if you hand a program off to another person. It's pretty tough to act like a novice when it comes to a system that you've designed from scratch, after all. Considering how long it's been already, I imagine they want to make sure the launch goes as smoothly as possible to avoid backlash.

As an added bonus, handing it off to testers also gives them a bunch of user-created animations to launch with.
Oh man this reminded me of the Vor incident in Warframe.

They created a patch to fix the tutorial boss in the game which in result made everyone who lined up to do the "hardmode" of that boss get teleported to a random clan's space station. Like how in the spaghetti code hell you manage that?

May 25, 2021
Thank you for uploading these, I don't use Twitter or whatever so I was wondering what the supposed testers were getting up to. Makes me wonder what they're making everyone wait for if they really do have Interactions working with custom characters. Do they just need to get the cloud uploading/downloading working or something? I feel like most people would be fine waiting on certain features like the cloud if it meant they actually got to mess with animations themselves. Either way, hopefully not long now, better not make us wait until Christmas...
They are looking for bugs, crashes, and testing performance on different rigs, and seeing what hardware it runs on.

already there are some bugs that are popping up like jittery physics in some scenarios, but that's why they test things to find out if there are any problems.
Like making sure the bug fixes don't break the characters the community made, that's their biggest focus right now is maintaining compatibility with the characters people have already made.

MotorcycleCop

Aug 16, 2021
Like making sure the bug fixes don't break the characters the community made, that's their biggest focus right now is maintaining compatibility with the characters people have already made.
Yeah, I'm honestly kind of surprised to see animations work with custom made characters at all. I would've expected it to be a lot more broken, so it's impressive that it at least generally seems to work.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Oh man this reminded me of the Vor incident in Warframe.

They created a patch to fix the tutorial boss in the game which in result made everyone who lined up to do the "hardmode" of that boss get teleported to a random clan's space station. Like how in the spaghetti code hell you manage that?
Okay yeah, that's pretty incredible. :KEK: I can kinda see how players could end up getting wrong warped through some uninitialized memory tomfoolery or via a stale reference, but that stuff usually happens when players screw around, not when the devs fix a seemingly unrelated bug.

That kinda brings me back to something that happened when I used to play WoW (specifically during Wrath's original run). My battlegroup was restarted for maintenance or whatever, and when it came back the entire world was completely devoid of NPCs. The game was literally just a giant chatroom for about 10-15 minutes before they rebooted the server again and fixed the issue. I can't even imagine what would have to go wrong for something like that to happen.

kurisu7885

Feb 16, 2020
Okay yeah, that's pretty incredible. :KEK: I can kinda see how players could end up getting wrong warped through some uninitialized memory tomfoolery or via a stale reference, but that stuff usually happens when players screw around, not when the devs fix a seemingly unrelated bug.

That kinda brings me back to something that happened when I used to play WoW (specifically during Wrath's original run). My battlegroup was restarted for maintenance or whatever, and when it came back the entire world was completely devoid of NPCs. The game was literally just a giant chatroom for about 10-15 minutes before they rebooted the server again and fixed the issue. I can't even imagine what would have to go wrong for something like that to happen.
I didn't play then but I recall reading about the infamous Corrupted Blood pandemic.

Reactions: Sarkath

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I didn't play then but I recall reading about the infamous Corrupted Blood pandemic.
That was before my time, but I had some friends who went through that. Fun times, apparently. ;p

There was another bug later on in WotLK (I think it might have happened during the MoP pre-patch?) that allowed death knights to directly /cast the Frost Fever and Blood Plague debuffs on anything, including friendly NPCs and players (normally those could only be applied via the Icy Touch/Howling Blast and Plague Strike attacks, respectively). Not quite as bad as Corrupted Blood, but it still caused quite a bit of chaos!

Blain

May 30, 2017
To clarify some questions in one place:

1. Interactions are not out yet, they said that they are trying to get them before the end of the year
  2. You can see videos because they have testers now to make it happen before the years ends
  3. These testers are not anybody, they are one of the best creators of the "character creator", so that is the reason they were selecte
  4. They are finding a lot of bugs, even if you can see that is playable
  5. The videos can bee found on twitter and in their discord

May 25, 2021
3. These testers are not anybody, they are one of the best creators of the "character creator", so that is the reason they were selecte
people thought that the people testing were secretly the devs using alt accounts or something stupid, that's why I was telling people they're "anybody other than the devs".

I didn't try to say they weren't big community contributors, I was just saying they're not devs, so people know this isn't some big trick.

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes