VN Ren'Py Further Education [Ep.4 v0.4] [Kvitravn Tales]

2.90 star(s) 14 Votes

Kvitravn Dev

Making Memories / Further Education
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
What a really, really pity this game is NOT animated. Come on, Dev, you always can hire an animator. If you do it this way, your stuff will attract many, many, many more fans [and eventually, patrons too. --- I do not see or play games without animations, good animations I mean].
Think about it. Peace!
I get your point, There will be animations and I'll be animating them myself - because along the way the game, it's scope and it's nature changed though true to it's intended roots, it's just that the state that I'm in, I don't feel the game necessitates the need of animation - though when it does, it'll have them.

Jul 20, 2020
Focus on getting a better translator and script before animations in my opinion. There's a lot of weird dialogue and phrasing that doesn't seem to "flow" as a natural conversation. A lot of dialogue without much context so it all seems (for now) pointless as well and hard to follow or even be interested in.

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
I really like the music, but its dreamy quality doesn't fit every scene, and it can be distracting when it doesn't. Maybe have some scenes without music? Either that or people will likely just mute it, and I think that would be a shame for the parts where it works. I ended up muting it midway through chapter 2.

Gray hair on a woman makes her look old. Even women in their 80s usually dye their hair to look younger. I don't get why a woman under the age of 70 would intentionally go for the all gray look.

The story is interesting.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Focus on getting a better translator and script before animations in my opinion. There's a lot of weird dialogue and phrasing that doesn't seem to "flow" as a natural conversation. A lot of dialogue without much context so it all seems (for now) pointless as well and hard to follow or even be interested in.
+1. I didn't play this yet, but in Making Memories writing was the part that seemed to me the less enjoyable, especially at the beginning. I prefer dialogs shorter and to the point. As for inner monologues, try to leave them out and see that it's OK, or even better.

underwatersparkle

Mar 30, 2022
you couldn't make the Characters a little more attractive ? they are unique yes but they all are Fulgy except one but it is what it is i suppose it makes it hard to focus on story when they are this Fulgy i guess trying to mimic real life were most people are ugly or something along those lines either way they are a distraction from story the MC looks like he has a something wrong with his eyes like pink eye or something along with being the Fugliest of them all if they are tweaked to a little like from a 3 like they are now to a 4 or 5 that would be helpful and make story more intersting

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
Anyone know roughly how long it takes the patch to get updated once a new version has been posted here? Downloaded the latest version but not even unzipped it yet as waiting for the patch.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Anyone know roughly how long it takes the patch to get updated once a new version has been posted here? Downloaded the latest version but not even unzipped it yet as waiting for the patch.
Usually the patch comes out with the game (which came out in early November) but this time given some extra work that the modder had to do, there was not (and I do not think that being close to release chapter 4 will make the patch of chapter 3).
Although you never know, maybe seeing that there is a lot of repercussion maybe he can make some time to see this issue.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
And another rude one to the ignore list.

I love this game and if I could contribute, I would.
The characters are great (Carmine is a piece of art, everything about her) ; love the atmosphere, the story....
Can't wait for chapter 4 but not too soon, so Kvitravn can use it to gain more well earned patreons.

Kvitravn Dev

Making Memories / Further Education
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
And another rude one to the ignore list.

I love this game and if I could contribute, I would.
The characters are great (Carmine is a piece of art, everything about her) ; love the atmosphere, the story....
Can't wait for chapter 4 but not too soon, so Kvitravn can use it to gain more well earned patreons.
I honestly think that whatever my project has transformed into, it doesn't belong here.

All of these people have valid reasons to dislike my game, I'm trying to sell apples at a peach store - and whatever peach-y stuff my game has, is not the primary focus of it.

Though I'm always and will always be grateful for all the support I get - truly appreciate it!

verizon_vader

Jun 4, 2022
Hmm...I noticed while using 0x52_URM tool, that are a few frames are missing of MC kissing his mom that didn't happen for me. I checked the image folder and noticed there is a store kiss that can happen on the mom's cheek, while the she is inside the clothing story's change room.

(Note, I did not install the user (out of date) I-patch, and this is a first time playthrough from the start.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It would be great if there was a walk through, so players can get their desired path (the right choices that net the relationship results with mom and who ever else is offered).

Also, when using 0x52_URM tool regularly...it normally allows a user to see what's behind most of the story choices. But, not with this title...due to how it's been scripted. A player can't predict any of the choice results in the story, as I don't know if any of the choices have any major impact later on.
When does this scene even occur? I just finished playing now and could not see this. My last scene is after Emma's interrogation and Elise

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
When does this scene even occur? I just finished playing now and could not see this. My last scene is after Emma's interrogation and Elise
The scene is from chapter 3, and what you say is from chapter 2... if you used the patch, that prevents you from seeing chapter 3.

Reactions: Logan3000x
2.90 star(s) 14 Votes