VN Ren'Py Further Education [Ep.4 v0.4] [Kvitravn Tales]

2.90 star(s) 14 Votes

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
What a really, really pity this game is NOT animated. Come on, Dev, you always can hire an animator. If you do it this way, your stuff will attract many, many, many more fans [and eventually, patrons too. --- I do not see or play games without animations, good animations I mean].
Think about it. Peace!
he has 30 patreons, about 85 dollars gross... do you know any animator that charges, I don't know, 5 dollars?

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Hello...I wasn't a fan of the overlay used, so here's an adjustment I made to the interface (overlay change). As well I included a text box (and font) slider.

Install...Extract the game.zip file, and copy the contents into the game folder (over write when prompted).

(Showing text box and font slider....along with the new overlay change)
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
For me the game is ending at when Xiomara shows up. Is this the end of the update?
No, there is more content after meeting Xiomara. The end of the latest update is when MC, El and MC's mom are leaving the airport in an FBI helicopter.

Reactions: co11ider

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
he has 30 patreons, about 85 dollars gross... do you know any animator that charges, I don't know, 5 dollars?
Got to spend money to make money. When did a starting bakery need a lot of customers before he starts adding yeast to his bread. I mean, you can make bread without yeast but is it a good bread? Why would making games be any different. Maybe i'm old and don't understand the paying for a not finished or low quality product. (Not saying this is ,cus i didn't play it yet) And to be fair, the one you are reacting to only suggested the game would be so much better and probably more profitable with animations in his opinion

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Got to spend money to make money. When did a starting bakery need a lot of customers before he starts adding yeast to his bread. I mean, you can make bread without yeast but is it a good bread? Why would making games be any different. Maybe i'm old and don't understand the paying for a not finished or low quality product. (Not saying this is ,cus i didn't play it yet) And to be fair, the one you are reacting to only suggested the game would be so much better and probably more profitable with animations in his opinion
Well, think of it this way. In your bakery you need 80 dollars to do what you do, and month by month you have 80 dollars to spend, do you keep doing the work yourself or do you stop paying for electricity, gas, rent, some raw material to hire someone else to do the work?

Reactions: lipe2410 and Rroarr

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
Well, think of it this way. In your bakery you need 80 dollars to do what you do, and month by month you have 80 dollars to spend, do you keep doing the work yourself or do you stop paying for electricity, gas, rent, some raw material to hire someone else to do the work?
Exactly, you don't have the means to start the bakery and make it profitable. Maybe do something else or make money in other ways to save up enough to start a business with quality product where people want to buy. Again, not saying this is trash by any means. Still think CaballeroOne has a point, any game on here with good animations wil have a lot more traffic. And before anyone starts with, you don't pay so you have no say, Every game i've followed on this site, that i actually enjoyed i made a donation of the amount i found fair for a finished product on for example what you would pay on steam.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Exactly, you don't have the means to start the bakery and make it profitable. Maybe do something else or make money in other ways to save up enough to start a business with quality product where people want to buy. Again, not saying this is trash by any means. Still think CaballeroOne has a point, any game on here with good animations wil have a lot more traffic. And before anyone starts with, you don't pay so you have no say, Every game i've followed on this site, that i actually enjoyed i made a donation of the amount i found fair for a finished product on for example what you would pay on steam.
I don't dispute that the animation is an improvement, I dispute the part where he talks about hiring someone.
And whether you pay or not is irrelevant to the point we are talking about. If the point was "it would be much better with animations" no discussion would have started. It's the part where he "advises" to hire someone to do those animations where all the buts are.

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
I don't dispute that the animation is an improvement, I dispute the part where he talks about hiring someone.
And whether you pay or not is irrelevant to the point we are talking about. If the point was "it would be much better with animations" no discussion would have started. It's the part where he "advises" to hire someone to do those animations where all the buts are.
Fair (y)

Reactions: sorco2003

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Hmm...I noticed while using 0x52_URM tool, that are a few frames are missing of MC kissing his mom that didn't happen for me. I checked the image folder and noticed there is a store kiss that can happen on the mom's cheek, while the she is inside the clothing story's change room.

(Note, I did not install the user (out of date) I-patch, and this is a first time playthrough from the start.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It would be great if there was a walk through, so players can get their desired path (the right choices that net the relationship results with mom and who ever else is offered).

Also, when using 0x52_URM tool regularly...it normally allows a user to see what's behind most of the story choices. But, not with this title...due to how it's been scripted. A player can't predict any of the choice results in the story, as I don't know if any of the choices have any major impact later on.

2.90 star(s) 14 Votes