Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
I don't know why people seem surprised, I've talked about this plenty of times.
This game really didn't get all that positive reception. If people actually really like it and think it's a great game, you should have said so. If you don't tell me your opinions, then I won't make decisions with them in mind. I can't magically know them.
Ultimately though you have to have confidence in your own self and your own creations, if you do not love them for what they are, how can you expect others too? No-one should have more love for something than the person that birthed it. In the end the question isn't or shouldn't be if others liked it, or if it will 'sell', but really and cliche as it is the question is are YOU happy with it?

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Ultimately though you have to have confidence in your own self and your own creations, if you do not love them for what they are, how can you expect others too? No-one should have more love for something than the person that birthed it. In the end the question isn't or shouldn't be if others liked it, or if it will 'sell', but really and cliche as it is the question is are YOU happy with it?
Huh? No, I'm not happy with it, that's what I've been posting about on this thread as of late. Whether I should put in the work to redo and refine the systems that don't work well or just move on to other projects. And then I asked if people actually care about this game enough that when I did so it'd be worth the effort.
And some people said they liked it, but not that many. And I don't really have an amazing idea about how to fix it regardless so I haven't done anything, just worked on my new stuff. I've been pretty open about this, that's why I said I was surprised people were acting like this was some big change of direction out of the blue.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
thanks but the game is good but it is not finished have the confidence to finish it

Maeror Ignis

Sep 21, 2020
Gentlemen - please. It's sad that the project is done, but nagging the author to drag it out and redo it won't do any good. If anything, the resentment would make the finished end product worse.

Just accept that it's over and move on.

Reactions: Kheru

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Let me clarify what's going on with the game in case I haven't communicated well.

Currently Futa Oasis is unfinished. It has all the main game content I want, but lacking endings and a few other small things. I haven't finished it yet because I'm unsure of how to proceed with it.
Originally, I was going to have the full game as a Steam release. I decided it probably wouldn't do all that well, and would need lots of work to get it to a state ready for such a release.
So one course of action I could take is just adding the endings to the version that exists and calling it done. But it has some major gameplay problems that wouldn't be resolved in that case. I could devote the time and work to fixing those problems, but the game hasn't done that well in general in terms of reception and I don't think it's really worth my time compared to other stuff I could be doing instead. There's been some people on here expressing their love for the game since, and I'm glad you enjoy it. I'm not ashamed of the game or anything.

So as of now I'm just letting it rest until I decide what to do with it.

calom

Mar 6, 2018
I don't know why people seem surprised, I've talked about this plenty of times.
Most people don't read threads. They just check the OP for new releases. It was a complete coincidence that I saw you post.

You're right in that I wouldn't pay for the game on Steam as it is now, it's too short and the gameplay is horrible.

Where the game excels is in the story and sex. There are great, compelling character stories for each character. None of that saving the world, or futas a are addctive, dominant we'll take our women nonsense. Whether it's Nadia feeling inferior as a woman, or Parisia not trusting you, because you're new and different. Those are real people problems and it's great reading through and resolving them one by one. And enjoying sex scenes. Those are hot.

I think if you just put in the endings, without reworking anything will make everyone happy enough. And if you're going for a rework, I'd go for a full on VN route, removing the gameplay, expanding the story and interspersing it with sex scenes. But it's up to you.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Let me clarify what's going on with the game in case I haven't communicated well.

Currently Futa Oasis is unfinished. It has all the main game content I want, but lacking endings and a few other small things. I haven't finished it yet because I'm unsure of how to proceed with it.
Originally, I was going to have the full game as a Steam release. I decided it probably wouldn't do all that well, and would need lots of work to get it to a state ready for such a release.
So one course of action I could take is just adding the endings to the version that exists and calling it done. But it has some major gameplay problems that wouldn't be resolved in that case. I could devote the time and work to fixing those problems, but the game hasn't done that well in general in terms of reception and I don't think it's really worth my time compared to other stuff I could be doing instead. There's been some people on here expressing their love for the game since, and I'm glad you enjoy it. I'm not ashamed of the game or anything.

So as of now I'm just letting it rest until I decide what to do with it.
take your time I don't nag a good game

GroupSession

Sep 28, 2021
There's no new update on the horizon for this game unfortunately until I figure out exactly what I want to do with it. But I still have unused assets, so something will happen eventually.

But if you're just a fan of me and my games, my new big one is out now! It's called .
I've been working on this one for almost two years now, and it's a big one. I hope people enjoy it!
Damn. No Android

Yukiko555@%

May 19, 2020
To the game creator Apollo seven, i just wanted to say sorry if you did not get the kind of response or feedback from the community for this game that you would have wanted but please don't be downhearted.

I loved this game, great setting and world. Loved the diplomatic element of the interactions. Loved being able to try and steer the relationships in one way or another through choosing the right answers. I think this is a really good game and something that you can be proud of.

I'm not going to put pressure on you to finish it but if you do ever choose to release further versions I will definitely be checking those out. For now I'm going to be looking at mountains of friendship because I don't think Ive played that yet and if you made it then hopefully its as much fun as futa oasis.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I've been thinking about it a bit, and I've decided what I'm going to do is take the current version and add on the endings just to give the game some closure. All the ending art has been done for ages, so I just need to actually write them.

Later on I might come back and make an improved version if I feel up to it and can settle on what I actually want to do to fix the gameplay issues.

Comproser

Nov 6, 2020
I've been thinking about it a bit, and I've decided what I'm going to do is take the current version and add on the endings just to give the game some closure. All the ending art has been done for ages, so I just need to actually write them.

Later on I might come back and make an improved version if I feel up to it and can settle on what I actually want to do to fix the gameplay issues.
That makes sense to me. I quite liked this game, although I never got round to expressing anything or giving a review.

If I could put in a small request, (well, smallish), to round out he game a little more - it would be nice to add replays of the scenes to the game itself, not just through the gallery. Being able to go back to Yasmin in the evening, and have her pull the moves again - or even make the suggestion yourself would be nice - and then largely the same scence, just edited slightly to not reference it's the first time. If you like the idea/can be bothered, obviously. As it is, just getting the endings in would be great, and you can still count the project as done that way.

Aken13

Jun 12, 2023
OI've played dozens of futanari games (yes, I'm addicted) and it's definitely among my top 3 favorite games. I hope you will finish this game successfully and develop new games for us. Good luck to apollo seven

Helena.Vale

Formerly 'Jenny June'
Nov 3, 2022
OI've played dozens of futanari games (yes, I'm addicted) and it's definitely among my top 3 favorite games. I hope you will finish this game successfully and develop new games for us. Good luck to apollo seven
Can you Recommend Some Good Futanari Games:sneaky:

Aken13

Jun 12, 2023
Can you Recommend Some Good Futanari Games:sneaky:
What kind of futanari games do you like? (Futa x futa, futa x male) if it doesn't matter these games are good

- becoming a femboy
- star periphery
- your place
- tales of androgyny
- orc quest
- lust hunter futa

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Helena.Vale

Helena.Vale

Formerly 'Jenny June'
Nov 3, 2022
What kind of futanari games do you like? (Futa x futa, futa x male) if it doesn't matter these games are good

- becoming a femboy
- star periphery
- your place
- tales of androgyny
- orc quest
- lust hunter futa
Thanks mhan❤

Reactions: Aken13

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
The endings are almost done, I plan to release them next week. After that I'll call the gone "complete". I definitely want to go back and fix the game's problems someday, but I'm not giving any promises on when that will be or what form it will take.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
The endings are almost done, I plan to release them next week. After that I'll call the gone "complete". I definitely want to go back and fix the game's problems someday, but I'm not giving any promises on when that will be or what form it will take.
thanks and I hope you fixed it also

3.40 star(s) 20 Votes