Aug 7, 2017
It's news time:

1. The caption contest is closed!
We will presently review all the submissions and name the lucky winner whose spicy scene will be included in Rye Part One.

2. ...did you say Rye Part One?
Yep! This path is long and we want to publish ASAP, so we're splitting Rye's path into two segments.
I...don't know whether to be sorry or proud about this. On the one hand, you'll be able to play the game months sooner than otherwise. On the other hand, you won't be able to finish Rye's path and it'll probably end on a cliffhanger.

3. Typo fixes and UI improvements
4. Porting FDW to Ren'Py
They're just looking into hiring someone to do this, unknown if it will actually happen

Rye being 2 parts is a bit of a let down, but on par with how they did the last path update

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
4. Porting FDW to Ren'Py
They're just looking into hiring someone to do this, unknown if it will actually happen
Fuck yes! Please, for the love of all things holy I hope they do this. If it's another dev that isn't part of the main team then they can easily have the conversion happening alongside the development of new content. I hate being excited for things that aren't for certain, but I can't help it. :'(

In other news, Rye's smile brings joy to my heart. :happyblush
RyeSmile.png

Reactions: Flaseiro

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
Ren'py maybe will make the game less buggy and easier(fast) to code?
Ideally it would make it smoother, easier to code, thus implementing new features should be easier; hopefully leading to faster development. Of course, that entirely depends on the ability of the programmer they hire. Personally I want it for the rollback feature, the ability to alter the variables, take screenshots, the ease of making mods for the game, and the fact that Ren'py is generally a very lightweight program that can be put on almost any operating system. I suppose the only difficult feature to convert over is that drinking mini-game with Vicky. Ren'py also seems to attract players, so maybe that would help spread the word of this game?
The end result would be that it simply makes for a nicer experience to play.

Filippa2000

Jun 22, 2017
Well we know they're not using renpy since its not a python file and it must be another language thats not Java hence no -jar file. So idk which language they use but I hope they atleast know it and learning another programming language within a short amount of time on a high level i.e making mods, taking screenshots, AUDIO LEVEL CHANGER etc.

Lord_Magmar

Feb 18, 2018
FALLENCAT56 we know they're using Game Maker, that's why it shat the bed a while ago and they've been having problems.

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
FALLENCAT56 we know they're using Game Maker
You've got to be shitting me? Game Maker isn't the worst thing in the world but for a 'point & click', visual novel style of game that's a real head scratcher of a decision they made. Now I REALLY hope the Ren'Py conversion comes to being.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
That was a progress report on some contest between their patrons. Nothing about a release date.

riccio69x

Jul 21, 2017
The Rye update was meant to come out around march, it's almost august now and we don't even have the first half lol nice devs

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes