Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
hm, might want to wait a bit for them to do bug fixing then. A bunch of people were saying they had issues with this release over on patreon
Do you have access to their patreon feed? If so, please share. We're in desperate need of an insider here. :disappointed:

Aug 7, 2017
From their newsfeed:
we've been told some of you experience major issues like:
-not being able to run the game at all, the program crashing immediately or failing to "create Direct 3D Device", whatever it means.
-facing problems with animated scenes closing or freezing the program.

Indeed, I can fix bugs that are in my code. These ones make the game crash with an error message giving details about what happened. That's what you're invited to report during alpha test periods. However, if the game engine itself is crashing, it has nothing to do with my code, it can be anything: a bug in Game Maker itself, a bug in the video plugin we use, a driver issue, an hardware issue, etc.

layserman2

Sep 17, 2017
What i meant was that the 4gb patch won't open through wine for me, and gives me the error "cannot open the executable".

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
@jjhuf, i forgot to ask before. Is there any difference between the 0.21 public and the 0.21 alpha (backers) or is just the same?

Also, can you please tell us how is the Bug Poll going?

Aug 7, 2017
@jjhuf, i forgot to ask before. Is there any difference between the 0.21 public and the 0.21 alpha (backers) or is just the same?

Also, can you please tell us how is the Bug Poll going?
Just the animations
As for the Bug Poll:

48 votes for people saying they've had crashed during animated scenes, but they were able to retry later and it worked
16 votes for no problems
16 votes for crashes during animated scenes and they get stuck there
2 for program not running at all
1 for black screen on launch

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
That is a lot of random crashes during animations. More than half the votes.

Guess i should consider mysefl lucky that i am between the "16 votes for no problems".

Aug 7, 2017
News Update:
Rye is proceeding apace:
We’ll hopefully be releasing some rye teaser pics within the month.
attached the initial rye image with this post, looks like the club is also part of the next update

We understand the loading bug
So, it turns out that the game reliably freezes if you try to click on anything during the loading screen
We’re looking into changing the game to run on GMX2 instead of Game Maker 1; hopefully this will solve the problem.

Doodles is out of commission this month so we have contracted a second dev
This will hopefully, in the future, cause us to be able to parallelize development and go fast

The caption contest!
In an attempt to search for more writing talent, invigorate the fanbase, and Make Hot Content, we’ve launched a on the

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes