frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Why didn't you just use the solutions in the OP?
Because I don't want to play a mini game to see the images and I also don't want to have to go look for a solution to a mini game when I can just jump directly to the bonus scene.

Let me ask you a question. If you were about to have some sexy time with someone then all of a sudden the person said we can't do anything until you solve this puzzle. How would you feel?

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
Who knows? I thought VN game works on decisions? But somehow now it has to include complicated puzles. And that to from the very start of the game. Well its developer's choice though. They are the creator. I wish them well for Futa protagonist games are rare. Just have a regret that I won't be able to play it at all.
I guess I do remain confused why you can't play it at all. Just enter in the solution and you're on your way. Or is it a matter of principle that you don't want to support it in its current iteration?

Sep 22, 2018
This game has potential... but wtf puzzles? How the fuck am I supposed to retain an erection and use my brain at the same time!? There needs to be an option to auto win at the puzzles or this is a boner killer... and no skipping them isn't an acceptable option.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
Because I don't want to play a game to see the images and I also don't want to have to go look for a solution to a mini game when I can just jump directly to the bonus scene.

Let me ask you a question. If you were about to have some sexy time with someone then all of a sudden the person said we can't do anything until you solve this puzzle. How would you feel?
I'd say "Is that a challenge?!"

But seriously, I see your point. I'm leaning towards the option suggested by Icarus Media to select a game mode at the start, for (A) Normal Mode, (B) Story Mode. Until then, I hope you all enjoy the rest of it!

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Wow a game with a futa protagonist after so long and the first thing the Developer focuses on is implementing mind numbing puzzles to unlock scenes. Just amazing. And its not just a simple puzzle no it has to extra complicated bullshit just to unlock one scene. Bravo. Game developer barely make Futa Protagonist games and the one that comes along which is a VN type game and not even Sandbox type has complicated puzzles implemented from the very start just to unlock scenes.
I'd also rather just play a nice VN & don't think the puzzles add much to my enjoyment of the game but I don't think it's necessary to get that passive-aggressive about it. The solutions were provided with the upload of the game, so the Dev(s) obviously are aware not everyone loves puzzling in a lewd game and gave us a workaround immediately. Them making the puzzles is perfectly fine to begin with, since it's their game and vision for it, and with the solution given it seems really harsh and bit excessive to jump at them like that, especially rating the game 2 stars based on basically solely your subjective distaste for a key feature that is clearly and unmistakably advertised right on the front of the game. No offense, just sayin' :oops:

I wouldn't let something trivial like that ruin my enjoyment of a game I find overall very appealing.

Edit: and going by the Dev's responses - though ofc those came after your comment and rating, so it's not like I'm saying you could have been aware of it at that time - show that they are willing to listen to feedback and the want for a mode that just goes pure VN without puzzle stuff. So I'd say they certainly deserve being given some slack & a thumb up for being that considerate.

Reactions: Gordon_79

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I'd say "Is that a challenge?!"

But seriously, I see your point. I'm leaning towards the option suggested by Icarus Media to select a game mode at the start, for (A) Normal Mode, (B) Story Mode. Until then, I hope you all enjoy the rest of it!
Don't get me wrong other then the mini game, I love this game. The scenes are great the girls are beautiful and I enjoy the writing as well.

So don't let our criticisms of the mini game get you down it is an excellent game and so far from what I have seen you are an excellent dev.

And honestly you did a really good job even with the mini games I just don't like playing mini games to get to a sex scene.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I'm hearing you loud and clear. I'm going to heavily consider making the SKIP button just skip the puzzle, and not the bonus scene. I hope you reconsider, since I've been putting a ton of effort into every part of this game, and want it to be something truly special!
Sincere gratitude, TessaXYZ!;)(y) If that is the case then I totally take back all of my fire breathing commentary! I try to stick to what I enjoy in the titles I try or just not say anything when I think something just sucks or doesn't suit my preferences. But, in the rare exception where I see amazing potential to become a beloved favorite AVN, like I do here, it breaks my heart to see an obstinate, glaring hunk of bullshit standing firmly in the way of my enjoyment. So, please accept my humble apology for going off like that.

Futagenesis Unveiled is a title I want to love. But, even a version that allows the reveal on skip is still a LOT of skipping and viewing of puzzle screens instead of your hot, amazing renders. You have the star of your show in those amazing character and scene renders. I would prefer a more traditional AVN style Ren'Py game with choices, not puzzles. Any chance of a no puzzle version? Even without any choices, I still prefer kinetic AVN titles over puzzles... ANY puzzles, skip-able or not.

You can obviously render amazing, sexy images. My best advice would be to scrap the puzzles all together and concentrate on your story. THAT is what will earn you the most fans and my eternal gratitude as well. I LOVE futa protagonist titles!!! There are far too few of them available, at least high quality titles... I can name my current collection using the fingers on one hand. They really are that rare. So, I was super hopeful that this one would be another treasured addition to that collection of favorites... possibly even the best of them all but that will never happen with puzzles, more's the pity.

Hope this helps. Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

PS: Just caught your suggestion of a game mode and story mode from the start up. AWESOME idea!!! I will gladly play this in a story mode format sans puzzles. Thank you!;););););)(y)

Reactions: Orphanus

Alucard421

Aug 5, 2021
I guess I do remain confused why you can't play it at all. Just enter in the solution and you're on your way. Or is it a matter of principle that you don't want to support it in its current iteration?
I would have entered solution if it would have been mid portion of game or at least we have reached 5 to 10 % of game. But going for solution or help right from start, how is that fun? If the first release contains 7 to 8 puzzles, by the time the game will come to end, it will be filled with dozens of puzzles. I wish for a successful game to you. I just won't be able to play it.

Alucard421

Aug 5, 2021
I'd also rather just play a nice VN & don't think the puzzles add much to my enjoyment of the game but I don't think it's necessary to get that passive-aggressive about it. The solutions were provided with the upload of the game, so the Dev(s) obviously are aware not everyone loves puzzling in a lewd game and gave us a workaround immediately. Them making the puzzles is perfectly fine to begin with, since it's their game and vision for it, and with the solution given it seems really harsh and bit excessive to jump at them like that, especially rating the game 2 stars based on basically solely your subjective distaste for a key feature that is clearly and unmistakably advertised right on the front of the game. No offense, just sayin' :oops:

I wouldn't let something trivial like that ruin my enjoyment of a game I find overall very appealing.

Edit: and going by the Dev's responses - though ofc those came after your comment and rating, so it's not like I'm saying you could have been aware of it at that time - show that they are willing to listen to feedback and the want for a mode that just goes pure VN without puzzle stuff. So I'd say they certainly deserve being given some slack & a thumb up for being that considerate.
Do you go immediately for a help forum the moment you start a game? Thats what happened here. There is help provided sure. But you go for help after you atleast complete for some portion of game and then you might face a hurdle to get help. Here the moment we started the game, the first scene is locked behind a complicated puzzle which requires help provided by Dev.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
For the record, I am the dev. I'm open to suggestions.
Simplest thing to do is add hints or a skip puzzle button for the coomer brains who can't be bothered. Sometimes I do puzzles and sometimes I just can't be bothered to do them. Depends on my mood. I imagine it would be the same for others, but I am sure some just wont do them at all.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Do you go immediately for a help forum the moment you start a game? Thats what happened here. There is help provided sure. But you go for help after you atleast complete for some portion of game and then you might face a hurdle to get help. Here the moment we started the game, the first scene is locked behind a complicated puzzle which requires help provided by Dev.
And the dev has took the feedback on board and is going to make a special no puzzle difficulty.

May 25, 2020
I'm curious what you mean. What's not suited for VNs exactly?
What I meant is that I would like to see a game -maybe an Hack n' Slash or something like Breeders of the Nephelym- with futa characters, where you can dress them how you want even naked. VN are not for me, especially in such cases.

top_1404

Feb 10, 2018
Good start Dev, but I hope you remove the puzzles in the next update. They are pointless and hard to understand.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
I guess I just didn't see them as particularly complicated, but I'm also not seeing it with a fresh pair of eyes.

All I can really say is that I'm going to focus my effort on v0.03, to add a mode select to give the option of playing entirely without puzzles. I hope to have that ready by tomorrow or Monday.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
What I meant is that I would like to see a game -maybe an Hack n' Slash or something like Breeders of the Nephelym- with futa characters, where you can dress them how you want even naked. VN are not for me, especially in such cases.
I hear you. But those games are MASSIVE undertakings, and I'm just one person. I wish I had the capacity to take on a huge project like that!

Reactions: Spuul

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Well, personally I read the information provided & therefore knew what was coming going in. Since I know I don't care too much to solve puzzles in a VN I had the solution opened to be able to just tab into it the moment I didn't feel like puzzling any longer.

I do agree with you that the game doesn't really need the puzzles, I just think there was no reason to not just ask for a way to skip them that is more convenient in a friendly way.

Also I try not to rate games low just based on disliking a feature that I knew was in the game, but that's ofc just a personal choice.

4.70 star(s) 60 Votes