KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Okay, but for real, is it actually possible to do all these puzzles without guesswork? I like the puzzles, I think it's so inventive that the dev came up with this completely new and fun sort of puzzle. And I have spent an inordinate amount of time with them and I don't think I'm stupid or generally bad at these logic puzzles, they remind me a bit of Sudoku, which I love, but only harder. All of which is fine.

But I have yet to solve a single one of these bigger ones where I didn't have to, at some point, just make a guess for a sub-region, see where it leads me, and hope I can retrace my steps when it leads to a contradiction. Which is also something that happens with Sudokus when they're badly designed. And on some of them, I got really far, like puzzle #10 I got like 2/3 of the way through without guessing, so I'm obviously capable of applying these complex rules but then I was just stuck.

So are they made to be possible to solve without guessing at any one point? Or is sometimes just making a guess part of the necessary deduction to solve it? If the latter, that's kinda just bad puzzle design.

Either way, I think most of these puzzles are too hard. I know, I know, there is the story mode, but like I said, I like the puzzles, I would like to solve them and have these mini-games in between. But even if they are possible to solve without guessing, they just take way too long and literally make my boner go down :ROFLMAO:

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
One day! One day, I'll finish puzzle number nine - that dreaded foe of pace and plot. I confess: It's been eighty-four years since last I had any hope or sanity - if ever I had any, to begin with - and my sense of self-worth has plummeted to new, bilge-equivalent lows. But, though dimmed to near-transparency, my resolve remains that in some distant, unspeakable future, these greenish fuckwads will cease to dance over so macabre a chess board as this... and the blessed victory screen will appear before my eyes like the faint and tantalizing glow of some fungal thing lighting the dim and dusty reaches of a long forgotten cavern after centuries of barren, silent emptiness.

It will be at that moment that I will discover that I don't remember what the fuck was going on, nor why I or anyone else was staring lecherously at a Russian woman's magnificently gigantic ass. But I will continue, in that moment! And now, I will endure... so that ONE DAY!

What a flamboyant English!

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Lillen B.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Okay, but for real, is it actually possible to do all these puzzles without guesswork? I like the puzzles, I think it's so inventive that the dev came up with this completely new and fun sort of puzzle. And I have spent an inordinate amount of time with them and I don't think I'm stupid or generally bad at these logic puzzles, they remind me a bit of Sudoku, which I love, but only harder. All of which is fine.

But I have yet to solve a single one of these bigger ones where I didn't have to, at some point, just make a guess for a sub-region, see where it leads me, and hope I can retrace my steps when it leads to a contradiction. Which is also something that happens with Sudokus when they're badly designed. And on some of them, I got really far, like puzzle #10 I got like 2/3 of the way through without guessing, so I'm obviously capable of applying these complex rules but then I was just stuck.

So are they made to be possible to solve without guessing at any one point? Or is sometimes just making a guess part of the necessary deduction to solve it? If the latter, that's kinda just bad puzzle design.

Either way, I think most of these puzzles are too hard. I know, I know, there is the story mode, but like I said, I like the puzzles, I would like to solve them and have these mini-games in between. But even if they are possible to solve without guessing, they just take way too long and literally make my boner go down :ROFLMAO:
You got 2/3 through a puzzle without guessing?
How do you figure that?
Surely not because you let the game check it and tell you as until it is 100% complete and correct it only returns "incorrect" i.e. you do not concretely know what is right and what is wrong.

How to actually get through the puzzles is if you complete it first i.e. each region has at least one subregion filled, all filled subregions touch each other on the sides(not including diagonally), there are no "donuts" and there are no 2x2 sections of the puzzle fully checked or unchecked.
After that control that "first batch" if it can hold up in general.
For instance solve the puzzle without paying attention to the numbers of subregions needing to be active in a line and after you are "finished" check if it holds up when taking these into account, diverting the solution as needed.
If you want to do everything at once you are bound to get overwhelmed.
The puzzle requirements on the left are best to be treated as a list you need to check in order. If you just go willy-nilly it takes longer or you are getting stuck.
Since the puzzle is digital you can change your solution at your discretion.

If you have successfully solved several puzzles on your own i.e. without looking at the solution in the opening post and without brute forcing it you understand the puzzles relatively quickly and you rarely run into problems. The later puzzles are designed to become harder.

I'm not saying the puzzles are easy as they are not and never meant to be. They can be solved "the normal way" i.e. without guessing, brute forcing or cheating.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
I concur, the puzzles are definitely doable without cheating. Yes, I sometime had to do a bit of guesswork, but even if that guess was wrong it still helped me learn something about difficult parts of the puzzle. What I would usually do to make sure I could go back to a previous state of a puzzle, is take a screen shot. I would not always need it to go back to a previous state, but the insurance was neat to have to experiment to my heart content.

Jafo

Oct 8, 2017
Does anyone know similar games to this? Most games with futa are more comic. I like this much better.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Does anyone know similar games to this? Most games with futa are more comic. I like this much better.
Sent you my recommendations for favorite futanari protagonist AVN titles. Enjoy :)
FutaGenesis is my number one favorite futanari title of all time for good reason.
But, there are others... just can't discuss them here in this forum. It's a quick way to get deleted for off topic discussion.
Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)

Reactions: kcs93 and Jafo

femanon

May 6, 2020
Sent you my recommendations for favorite futanari protagonist AVN titles. Enjoy :)
FutaGenesis is my number one favorite futanari title of all time for good reason.
But, there are others... just can't discuss them here in this forum. It's a quick way to get deleted for off topic discussion.
send me too (y)

RajniCD sis

Apr 14, 2021
Yes plzzz

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
You got 2/3 through a puzzle without guessing?
How do you figure that?
Surely not because you let the game check it and tell you as until it is 100% complete and correct it only returns "incorrect" i.e. you do not concretely know what is right and what is wrong.
I know because at that point, I gave up and checked the solution ^^' and yeah, everything I had done up until then was correct.

I'm not saying the puzzles are easy as they are not and never meant to be. They can be solved "the normal way" i.e. without guessing, brute forcing or cheating.
I mean, okay, I'll take your word for it then. Wasn't my experience (and your tips aren't really helpful, like I said I know how the puzzles work and I am able to apply the rules) but I'm not ruling out that I just lost patience sometimes.

I concur, the puzzles are definitely doable without cheating. Yes, I sometime had to do a bit of guesswork, but even if that guess was wrong it still helped me learn something about difficult parts of the puzzle. What I would usually do to make sure I could go back to a previous state of a puzzle, is take a screen shot. I would not always need it to go back to a previous state, but the insurance was neat to have to experiment to my heart content.
But that's kinda what I mean, I also used that method sometimes but that's what I wanted to know, if you actually had to do that sort of guesswork, then see where it leads you, and retrace your steps if your guess was wrong. And if you do, well that's what it is then I guess, but in that case I would consider it bad puzzle design and I'm kind of hoping I'm just too stupid or not patient enough at times.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
KrystofDayne as said the solution of the puzzles is possible.
For many players they are hard, for a few of them to hard.
But generally they are solvable without guesswork, brute forcing or cheating.

Be aware there is the possibility that a person thinks s/he understands something but is not quite right in that thought.
For instance you compared the puzzles to sudoku which on first glance is a reasonable assumption.
On further investigation it has ... not that many common elements.

• Angry
Reactions: KrystofDayne

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Guess work is good not to get to the answer right away, but to learn something about the puzzle that will aid you in getting to the answer. For example when a choice between two possibility come up and I am not sure of what the correct answer is I will sometime take a screenshot and take a guess. At that point I assume I mande the wrong choice no matter if I actually did. Then I move forward with the puzzle. It allows me to see how other pieces interact together in a way that might not have been obvious by simply looking at them. Then I go back and make the correct choice that was not necessarily where I started my exploration from. I don't treat guesswork as a form of brute force but as exploration.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
I know because at that point, I gave up and checked the solution ^^' and yeah, everything I had done up until then was correct.

I mean, okay, I'll take your word for it then. Wasn't my experience (and your tips aren't really helpful, like I said I know how the puzzles work and I am able to apply the rules) but I'm not ruling out that I just lost patience sometimes.

But that's kinda what I mean, I also used that method sometimes but that's what I wanted to know, if you actually had to do that sort of guesswork, then see where it leads you, and retrace your steps if your guess was wrong. And if you do, well that's what it is then I guess, but in that case I would consider it bad puzzle design and I'm kind of hoping I'm just too stupid or not patient enough at times.
So here's what I'll say about this. It's not so much that the puzzles need guesswork, but it's that some moves require looking ahead several moves to see what the effect of one move might have towards breaking a rule (or multiple rules at once). Most moves just require looking one or two moves ahead, but some are more complex, which is what drives the difficulty up a star or two. Can the puzzles be solved by brute-force guesswork? Sure, but that would suck; there's no fun in that. But you don't need to actually guess, in the pure sense — there's an actual logical flow through the whole puzzle, since that's how I build the puzzles in the first place. It's not always obvious with the harder puzzles, which is why they are rated as such.

I'm pretty sure I know which section of Daydream 10 you were talking about. Here's the logical progression to that crux:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Ash22

Mar 28, 2022
Maybe I'm missing something stupidly obvious, but are none of the actual scenes included in the gallery? So far the only thing that unlocks are 3d and daydreams. Nothing is showing up for the scenes the MC has with the other girls.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
Maybe I'm missing something stupidly obvious, but are none of the actual scenes included in the gallery? So far the only thing that unlocks are 3d and daydreams. Nothing is showing up for the scenes the MC has with the other girls.
Only the scenes normally unlocked via puzzles (and 3D images) are added to the gallery. To replay the other content, you can load via Chapter Select in the main menu, which has bookmarks for multiple spots in each chapter.

Reactions: Ash22

erzaultear

Nov 21, 2018
pleas send some to me too! thanks

• Red Heart

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
What I don't like about the puzzles is that they are not spaced around but come in batches, so if you want to get the scene to progress the story you are forced to complete the puzzle. I was thinking of maybe giving the option of doing less puzzles of higher difficulty but I do think that the game is great and the puzzle mechanic offers a good challenge.

4.70 star(s) 60 Votes