4.10 star(s) 28 Votes
Nov 20, 2020
How do you exit the storage box I press every button on my keyboard and just en up having to close out every tome.

Futaring gameplay was meh because it was so slow and also kinda hard but this game's combat is just kinda annoying. Why make the boss you have to jump over so tall? Why give the mage tracking projectiles? Why can the laser or charge almost stunlock you? Why does the dodge not give iframes when you have a restrictive 2d arena and bosses that will back you into a corner in it all the time. Better games encourage agression and fast paced combat but in this you try to push you just eat attacks because you're expected to just play back to use the slow food animation. Instead of engaging gameplay you just have strong healing items to grind for which is a shame because if the combat were solid and the bugs were fixed the art would really carry it.
Man you're expecting a dev team's worth of work for a game that isn't even done. The roll DOES give iframes you just have to learn how to time it better. The bosses are still being fine-tuned according to player feedback and did I mention the game isn't finished yet? If you didn't like Futaring why try something else from the same developer? Go find something easier for you and more up your alley. Most the people who play this, myself included, don't seem to have a problem with the control or the bosses. What's the point of a game if there's no challenge?

Titoir98

Jun 4, 2017
new patch for Futaken valley (i think it's the name of the game now it's named like that on itch.io)

patch note :

[Changes in ver 0.029S]

- Added the system to move up and down the standing picture in the bestiary.

- Displays the attack power of the weapon.

- When there is no map, only the chest is displayed.

- Added a sign to notify you of incompletion.

- Added UI for teleporter.

- Fixed a bug that prevents you from jumping if there is a mushroom canine when you restart.

- Fixed the blank room to a cave shape.

I'm currently creating a new character, so I will add it in the near future.

jooin

Dec 4, 2019
If you still want it.

Try this. But the game is really short right now, you can solve it in less than an hour.
thanks even if i play soulsbourne games its really hard

Aug 22, 2021
thanks even if i play soulsbourne games its really hard
It definitely isn't trivial. The mushroom lady took me around 5 tries to beat, but I found that the dodge roll is the most reliable way to avoid attacks and the bow is the best way to slowly pick away health. Get yourself some bowls of mushroom soup for heals and you can do it!

Claroquesi

May 16, 2020
It definitely isn't trivial. The mushroom lady took me around 5 tries to beat, but I found that the dodge roll is the most reliable way to avoid attacks and the bow is the best way to slowly pick away health. Get yourself some bowls of mushroom soup for heals and you can do it!
If you get the demon sword you can “press C” to get more damage, or equip the “No Balls” item so you can dodge more faster

Windfaker

Dec 11, 2017
Kinda funny he focus on translation while the game stay at the same point plot/mechanic around +6 months with basicly no new content.

Windfaker

Dec 11, 2017
I think he is planning a lot behind the scenes from what i see in his pixiv post, but dunno
Lets be honest how many low budget games you see here that actually make big progres after months lazy work? most of them want just milk money for nothing,just do not have to much expectations friend In this game Im am on this forum since 2017 belive me.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Unfortunate that this game has made little progress the past half year. I was so excited to see this game go somewhere, but like many others, it's come to a crawl, before it's ultimate end. I'm not sure why so many amazingly designed projects come to a sudden end.

I suppose it's burn out or lack of passion, considering those smaller sites probably don't generate a lot of revenue, but with Steam now accepting Adult games, there's certainly a long term profit to be made, for those willing to put the effort in. Hell, I've seen people buy games on there and not play them, just because they wanted some kind of obscure meme clout.

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
Weird to see so many posts in this thread about "dead game lol" when I really don't think that's the case. The art quality in the game probably makes content updates much harder to do compared to the people who can work with premade assets, and I think in this case the dev is also the artist, effectively doubling the work. I'm not surprised that significant updates take longer to happen.
I also don't get why people are acting like it's some scam by the dev when there's an entire completed game by them already? It's not like there's some track record of Mofuringu/Mofuland/whoever just abandoning projects.

Reactions: Mushroom_Qui

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
Weird to see so many posts in this thread about "dead game lol" when I really don't think that's the case. The art quality in the game probably makes content updates much harder to do compared to the people who can work with premade assets, and I think in this case the dev is also the artist, effectively doubling the work. I'm not surprised that significant updates take longer to happen.
I also don't get why people are acting like it's some scam by the dev when there's an entire completed game by them already? It's not like there's some track record of Mofuringu/Mofuland/whoever just abandoning projects.
People are acting like its a scam cause thats how Patreon is. You avoid making any real progress because the longer your project goes the more money you milk from your fanbase. It builds laziness into its system as profit, think American construction companies.

Also higher quality art doesn't make it take longer. At that level artists have no problem hashing out a new cg in a few hours and with the framework done it isn't that difficult to implement new sprites and make them work. So with no communication saying otherwise (Most developers tell us when they are sick or in a war) we can only assume the lack of updates is intentional.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
People are acting like its a scam cause thats how Patreon is. You avoid making any real progress because the longer your project goes the more money you milk from your fanbase. It builds laziness into its system as profit, think American construction companies.
I know his and your comments aren't directly targeted at me, but while a developer milking a project is certainly a concern of mine (it's why I stopped supporting stuff through Patreon in the first place), my problem is with how these games never advance past being more than a tutorial or a prologue. What is well known around as the infamous "v0.01" that we see get flooded here every week, and very often never see a numerical increase. I know people have lives and stuff, but it feels like whenever someone starts a new NSFW project, they do the bare minimum to start the project, and then immediately abandoned it, irregardless of their intentions.

Whenever your starting something new, that is broad in scope, establishing the groundwork of that project is almost always the hardest and most time consuming part. After that, things "should" flow a lot more naturally and quicker, because you have your thoughts gathered and in theory, all your stuff setup. Obviously, programming is a slippery slope, but that's mostly the fault of a digital engine.

However, it sounds like a lot of these developers drop these concepts on us, then ask for money with promises of a lot of effort involved... then immediately only put like, an hour per day/week to work on it, whether or not they were intending to milk it for money. I can't even imagine that their making a lot of money, milking a project that's barely a tutorial. If anything, they should at least finish a larger part of the game before attempting that.

As a fan of unique stuff like Kinokogari, it's just very frustrating to experience, and know that the ship is sinking, with no way for you to hold it afloat, even if you were willing to personally throw hundreds of dollars at the project.

4.10 star(s) 28 Votes