• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Completed Futanari Quest [2018-07-04] [Futanari Quest]

1.80 star(s) 21 Votes

Garnet X

Jun 7, 2017
Never mind, I can replace the content of "Game.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw" with the "www" folder and it works fairly well. Except for the old save from the public version.

lordpants

Mar 21, 2017
Wowie, another case of a terrible project manager trying to do 400 unnecessary things all at once with funds that could easily have been stretched to do the things that mattered month by month. Seriously, why do they all want voice acting immediately? It'll just cost more two months down the line when you need to do some rewrites to the opening scene and have to repay for a new VO session. Music can wait, use some royalty free junk as filler, or cheap generic stuff or whatever. Keep the team small, or use less of their hours per month until you can pay for it. Focus on the story, art and programming, and use placeholder art for a little while if you have too. Balance the damn budget if you're going to source the money. Don't contract a bunch of junk, especially if you have to use your own money jut to make up for the loss. Especially don't hide this from your supporters until you give up. Focus on the campaign, make new stretch goals, make a damn drive to get new supporters.

The project didn't fail, they failed the project.

Edit to say, I'm not saying this to be a dick, I'm saying this as someone that really wanted this game to be good.

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I don't get it...
He reached over 2k per month in 4 months, what did he expect, 20k/month..? -.-'
So much wasted potential there....

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bullero

lordpants

Mar 21, 2017
I don't get it...
He probably saw Akabur and Fenoxo making obscene bank and figured he'd get there in a couple months, ignoring the huge reputation and years of making no money and building communities and successful games they had. The money flowed quickly for a while, and he failed to plan ahead and immediately started throwing it all over the place, expecting it to just grow at like $1000/month. When support slowed down, like it always does after the initial "ZOMG NEW THING" rush dies off and the "early development cycle smut game made by relative unknowns" cynicism starts replacing it, he couldn't adapt properly and was too poor a project lead to adjust course or focus on a bigger support drive. The sad fact is if he held on while spending the money in a planned, intelligent manner, he'd be making $3500-$4000 (maybe more, depending on how good the game itself ended up being) easily by year end, and once the game hit v0.15 or .20, more supporters would be willing to jump in because there would be enough content for it to be worth money, and by persevering for like a year, they'd demonstrate that $5 a month or whatever would be a safer investment. People are a little more sceptical now, after that mediocre artist ripped off Breeding Seasons, and since half of these types of projects fail like three months in. Gotta live long enough for people to trust it. This project didn't.

Reactions: Bullero

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
I don't get it...
well we do have your game and dont worry about your paterons you will most likely get more then you had before

Reactions: seyfer110
1.80 star(s) 21 Votes