punhetas

Nov 2, 2016
My 2cents: you guys should have postponed the voicework to after the steam release.

You'd have the cash flow to pay that extra expense without going to debt, and advoy more delays.

It's your project and you want to built it the way you envisioned it but I feel it more costly than players will give it credit for.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
You'd have the cash flow to pay that extra expense without going to debt, and advoy more delays.
Just to be clear, the voicework hasn't caused any delays; even without it, we would still be taking this long to do the remaining script, tur final boss fight, art, music, maps, etc.

I was already in debt since around 2016, it's just the debt has went from about $12,000 to over $30,0000.

It's your project and you want to built it the way you envisioned it but I feel it more costly than players will give it credit for.
Oh, of course some will, but if you check the reviews on F95, the voicework is overwhelmingly something people play the game for/praise it for, so we'd be doing a disservice to both the players and the game if we released it with that big of a chunk of content missing.

Plus, while it would be easy to update with the voicework on Steam, it wouldn't be on every other platform we intend to sell it on like FAKKU, Nutaku, MangaGamer, DLSite, Jast, Mikandi or any of the others, as those sites don't have auto updaters to my knowledge.

And finally, a lot of people only play a game once or twice and never come back again for any updates; a lot of people would miss out on what many consider one of the game's standout features, causing them to have a sub-par/not as good as intended experience.

Reactions: Feletriu

spacemix

Dec 30, 2020
Are there separate demos available for the levels not in the fire build or the public build? I see a grass level and a cyberspace level in the screenshots on the OP.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Are there separate demos available for the levels not in the fire build or the public build? I see a grass level and a cyberspace level in the screenshots on the OP.
There are, yes. They developed each level separately, pretty much. Not updating the previous ones with new tech and designs until the end to save development time. So there are builds out there for all five levels, but you'll have to do some digging to get to the ones not in the OP. But with the finish of this game not being too far away now, I actually suggest waiting for the full game instead. That is if you're planning to play the full game anyway.

arpaschad

Sep 18, 2017
I wish there was a walkthrough for the game...I really like this game...but the last time I played megaman games was decades ago and I don't have the reflexes now or mental acuity I had before...

spacemix

Dec 30, 2020
There are, yes. They developed each level separately, pretty much. Not updating the previous ones with new tech and designs until the end to save development time. So there are builds out there for all five levels, but you'll have to do some digging to get to the ones not in the OP. But with the finish of this game not being too far away now, I actually suggest waiting for the full game instead. That is if you're planning to play the full game anyway.
I suppose waiting for the full game to release is not so bad, then. This and Crisis Point: Extinction are on top of my list of favorite Metriodvania H-games at the moment but this game has kinkier stuff than CP:E.

Reactions: Zeddy

kblah40

Mar 11, 2020
legit could probably take out the h stuff of this and crisis point and they'd still be good games.

Signature of good game development I suppose when you can play the game a lot anyway XD

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I wish there was a walkthrough for the game...I really like this game...but the last time I played megaman games was decades ago and I don't have the reflexes now or mental acuity I had before...
When the came comes out, there'll be a wiki and walkthroughs and such on the official website :)

legit could probably take out the h stuff of this and crisis point and they'd still be good games.

Signature of good game development I suppose when you can play the game a lot anyway XD
I suppose waiting for the full game to release is not so bad, then. This and Crisis Point: Extinction are on top of my list of favorite Metriodvania H-games at the moment but this game has kinkier stuff than CP:E.
All of these comments really mean a lot to us, seriously; it's definitely fuel to keep going at 120% effort!

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
Game sales on Steam are already estimated at over $100,000 in the first month just from wishlists alone, worst case scenario, and that's not going to suddenly drop off either.
That's pretty cool! I look forward to future projects that can be started with some of the profits.

I appreciate these technical posts, even if they are just to dispel misinformation. Part of the reason why I'm on this site is to see the development progress and ingenuity of projects with developers of varying skill levels... and smut is cool too. Also I don't like Patreon for obvious reasons.

It's disappointing to see so many pessimistic posts trying to create problems. There are a lot of game projects that are or seem malicious but that doesn't mean this one is. It would be quite a depressing world if everyone's only interest was to take advantage of each other.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
That's pretty cool! I look forward to future projects that can be started with some of the profits.
Yeah, once I've paid off my debt, I plan to invest anything left back into both games of our own plus other dev's games.

There's so many games out there being made that have a lot of potential, but they don't have the funds to get the music or sound effects or voice work or art or writing or whatever else they need to finish a polished, solid demo off.

Or, there's a lot of good devs out there who have IRL troubles with medical issues or rent, or hardware complications with computers or tablets or other things like that breaking.

To us, if we're making really good money once the game releases combined with Patreon income for Faye's game, I'd love to be able to give devs a few hundred, even a thousand bucks or so to help them get to a polished demo state; if they can get there, then they can likely get their own funding a lot easier as people will be able to see their game's intended final form (much like how the Electric Level public demo helped us immensely).

I wouldn't be doing these as a loan expecting payback, unless it was some immense amount, and even then, I'd only ask to be paid back when they could do so, no rush. I also would refuse any sort of involvement in the projects; I don't want them to transform their project to my whims or something, I just want to help them get off the ground because getting that initial burst of people checking out your game is one of the hardest things to get to if you're struggling financially or with hardware/software issues.

I appreciate these technical posts, even if they are just to dispel misinformation. Part of the reason why I'm on this site is to see the development progress and ingenuity of projects with developers of varying skill levels... and smut is cool too. Also I don't like Patreon for obvious reasons.
Glad to hear you're enjoying the posts!

It's disappointing to see so many pessimistic posts trying to create problems. There are a lot of game projects that are or seem malicious but that doesn't mean this one is. It would be quite a depressing world if everyone's only interest was to take advantage of each other.
Agreed.

Reactions: Feletriu and Zeddy

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
I would like to share a tip with everyone, thanks to sakae, a member in the discord server:

Now, as some of you might know, an user by the name of Axe-Something recently posted in here in an outburst, quite aggressively, in which he personally attacked the dev, HW, which i guess is the reason he got his comments deleted by the mods.
So i was kinda wanting to ping him anyway and tell him this because its directly related to what he was saying, but oh well. He was kind of an ass though, so, more than anything, i hope it helps all you fellow potato-pc-users out there.

Aight the thing goes like this:
You can open the .exe with 7zip and extract its contents to a folder you like.
This in turn makes it so when you run the exe it doesn't do the unzipping each time, so the launch time gets a massive boost. (Though maybe someone with a decent PC doesn't even notice a thing).

I've just tested and did a quickie run and so far it seems to work perfectly, but i'm not sure if in the long run it may potentially break something, so i'm planning to do an extensive playthrough to find out when i have more time.

Flamefiends

Feb 11, 2021
I saw this on steam a while back. I plan to buy it there once it's finished. It looks promising, but for my own sake I think I'll refrain from downloading a free version so I can go in blind when I get my steam version. I hope that's ok

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I saw this on steam a while back. I plan to buy it there once it's finished. It looks promising, but for my own sake I think I'll refrain from downloading a free version so I can go in blind when I get my steam version. I hope that's ok
Completely understandable, but I will note that there's pretty significant changes between the demo and the full version around the board, if you're mainly worried about spoilers :p

I've just tested and did a quickie run and so far it seems to work perfectly, but i'm not sure if in the long run it may potentially break something, so i'm planning to do an extensive playthrough to find out when i have more time.
Shouldn't break anything, this should be fine!

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
I think I'll refrain from downloading a free version so I can go in blind when I get my steam version.
I'm in the same mindset here. I had played one of the early demos a few years back and am looking forward to see the improvements at launch. In the meantime, there are plenty of other games to distract us while we wait.

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
Woah, sick game dude, and a really sick composer too ;). Demos are fire. I'll buy it on all my Steam accounts. (I only have 1 steam account, but its the thought that counts.. i think?)

Reactions: bluenarwhal

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
Holy shit, I remember playing this when there was only one level and a handful of animations/enemies. This has come a long way! Downloaded the demo and it's just as fun as I remember. You knocked it out of the park! Wishlisted and will be picking it up in August for sure!
Keep up the great work!

Zalius Black

Aug 5, 2017
Very much so looking forward to the release of this game despite its delays. Especially looking forward to seeing more of Vie as a character, she pushed a button for me that I didn't know I had.

Reactions: kivirin
3.70 star(s) 84 Votes