Sbutyrito

Mar 16, 2019
1.is there a possibility for an uncensor patch?
2. does anyone had the steam_api.ddl problem?

Last edited:

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
I don't deny it, but not the developers or DLsite?
At least Steam is not japanese using japanese greedy tactics
The thing is that those who bring the game are Chinese and they do a good Chinese translation but then the English is done by MTL that's why the game has Chinese and traditional Chinese and then English.
The Asian market has always tried to stay in Asian countries and they always prioritize Asians over the rest In the end the game is aimed at Chinese people and if anyone who speaks English buys their MTL then better for them

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
"Who Love Sex"

Imagine the irony of putting this in the title when it's mind control or hypnosis. If you actually want women who love sex, you don't need that shit. Fucking plebs.

hoobatooba

Mar 16, 2021
Are you telling me that Steam allows you to publish games with MTL translations? We are talking about "official" translations, made by the distributor/publisher, not some fan-made.
Yes, there are plenty of MTL games released on steam - lots of Japanese trash and pretty much all the Chinese/Russian shovelware trash. What tends to happen is if the developer does the MTL it just gets tagged as 'English' till enough people play it and complain otherwise, but if it's fan MTL where the MTLer admits it up front then it gets tagged as 'English (MTL)'. The irony is that some of the fan MTL is much, much better than the developer's official translation because the fan MTL is done by someone who is actually an English language native and can edit it.

Because it's not really MTL that's the problem (except for games that just use an MTL lookup on the spot), it's lazy people using MTL and just doing blind copypasta. MTL translates things badly in a predictable way, and a good English speaking editor can edit it into very good English and only a small bit of meaning gets lost. Like if you see 'He sticks her vagina into my dick' it's pretty obvious what it should be instead.

Reactions: Nicknameunico

len00

Mar 12, 2020
Never understood the appeal of hypnosis, it has so many bad sides, lazy writing(author cant write a way for MC to have sex), its basically rape, morally wrong, bad in this context especially, any ahegao in sex scene is fake, just lame.

Nicknameunico

Mar 18, 2019
The thing is that those who bring the game are Chinese and they do a good Chinese translation but then the English is done by MTL that's why the game has Chinese and traditional Chinese and then English.
The Asian market has always tried to stay in Asian countries and they always prioritize Asians over the rest In the end the game is aimed at Chinese people and if anyone who speaks English buys their MTL then better for them
I still think that Steam should not allow any game with an MTL translation on its platform, just as they should not allow games that only have the Japanese or Chinese language (I have seen them personally).
Can you imagine DLsite or any other Japanese platform with games that only come in English and not Japanese? Well, that happens on Steam.

Now we can't wait for eroge releases on Steam, like those from Kagura Games, for what? If they are going to bring them with an MTL translation worse than one made by fans?

danadana

Aug 5, 2023
I still think that Steam should not allow any game with an MTL translation on its platform, just as they should not allow games that only have the Japanese or Chinese language (I have seen them personally).
Can you imagine DLsite or any other Japanese platform with games that only come in English and not Japanese? Well, that happens on Steam.

Now we can't wait for eroge releases on Steam, like those from Kagura Games, for what? If they are going to bring them with an MTL translation worse than one made by fans?
Yes, of course I'm not denying you anything, but I agree with you, I'm simply explaining why, at the moment it's safe because not many people buy MTL games, in fact, the games are very few and they are not popular, I mean, who wants to buy something so they don't understand what he says or misunderstand it

I would never pay anything for an MTL translation so if they want to continue is ok, but they will not see my money

Steam has many bad things and there are many ways to bypass the rules of the platform. In addition, from a business point of view, Steam is there to make money and the more games it has, the better and the more it sells more money makes.

There is also another thing and that is that in China there are times where you cannot buy games unless the government authorizes them and many Chinese have to connect to Steam through a VPN so they have their own problems.

Let's imagine, I want to bring this game to China but the Chinese government tells me no, you can't because it is Japanese and we have to encourage the consumption of the Chinese product, so what do I do is put a bad mtl in English so I can sell it on Steam this way the Chinese can access that game

What I want to get at is that things are not that simple.And I could be wrong, it's just my opinion about why this is done

Last edited:

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
Never understood the appeal of hypnosis, it has so many bad sides, lazy writing(author cant write a way for MC to have sex), its basically rape, morally wrong, bad in this context especially, any ahegao in sex scene is fake, just lame.
"Never understood the appeal of hypnosis" thats why you could not understand, that the point of hypnosis doesnt have to be a good story (but of course its a plus). Its the hypnosis and what it can do, what counts. Changing other people against their will, to your liking. It doesnt matter who the MC is. Well actually, its even better, if he is not liked one, outcast, ugly etc. because then it gives even more to the: going against the will of the hypnotised person. There are many things that go with hypnosis, not only corruption, which is different than the classic one (it can be a corruption and training of the body. Change of common sense. Hypnotising the body to be to your will, but leave the mind out so the person knows whats happening, but cant do anything against it).
There can even be hypnosis withouth a sexual relief in the story/game, just the thought of changing the person, the more extreme it is the better.
"its basically rape, morally wrong," Yes and yes so what? There are people who have rape kink, vore kink, necrophilia kink. Its not like the people would do it in reality (at least most of the sane ones that know the difference between fantasy and reality) Where is anything morally ok with that? Its just a kink of not real things. If you have problems differentiate between reality and fantasy, you should see a doctor (and thats not meant as an offense, because thats really a psychological problem called "delusional disorder"), otherwise just go to a game that has things you like and maybe, as someone else said, block the hypnosis tag.
Your thoughts, no matter how vile and extreme they are, are only yours and if they stay a thoughts, are not illegal (no Minority Report here). You dont have to like it and thats ok, its not exactly normal, but thats it.

Nicknameunico

Mar 18, 2019
Yes, of course I'm not denying you anything, but I agree with you, I'm simply explaining why, at the moment it's safe because not many people buy MTL games, in fact, the games are very few and they are not popular, I mean, who wants to buy something so they don't understand what he says or misunderstand it

I would never pay anything for an MTL translation so if they want to continue is ok, but they will not see my money

Steam has many bad things and there are many ways to bypass the rules of the platform. In addition, from a business point of view, Steam is there to make money and the more games it has, the better and the more it sells more money makes.

There is also another thing and that is that in China there are times where you cannot buy games unless the government authorizes them and many Chinese have to connect to Steam through a VPN so they have their own problems.

Let's imagine, I want to bring this game to China but the Chinese government tells me no, you can't because it is Japanese and we have to encourage the consumption of the Chinese product, so what do I do is put a bad mtl in English so I can sell it on Steam this way the Chinese can access that game

What I want to get at is that things are not that simple.And I could be wrong, it's just my opinion about why this is done
You are right in your arguments.
But that Steam wants to accommodate the Chinese by allowing MTL on its platform is pathetic.
I'm just saying that I will never see eroges released on steam the same way as before. Now I won't even wait, I can even do the MTL myself, and without spending a penny like with GPT 4.0.

Reactions: danadana