VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Update published! Thank you Osa for being so fast!

Changelog:

0.41.5.6 Chapter 4 (con't)
Small update and fixes.
- Skye (Story only)
- Fiona (Story only)
- Bodil (Story only)
- Tunrida (Story + optional futa solo scene)
- Greer and Lyall (Story only)

Fixes:
- Added scene skip option for Fiona and Fiona/Rhona in Ch01. (More relevant for future viewers than existing ones.)
- Added "All scenes viewed and repeatable" message for Ch04 scene selection to let viewers know when all content has been seen.

This content is a bit light on the lewd side since I wanted to advance the story more. Future updates will roll some of the side stories into the major scenes to make it easier to follow.

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
Update published! Thank you Osa for being so fast!

Changelog:

0.41.5.6 Chapter 4 (con't)
Small update and fixes.
- Skye (Story only)
- Fiona (Story only)
- Bodil (Story only)
- Tunrida (Story + optional futa solo scene)
- Greer and Lyall (Story only)

Fixes:
- Added scene skip option for Fiona and Fiona/Rhona in Ch01. (More relevant for future viewers than existing ones.)
- Added "All scenes viewed and repeatable" message for Ch04 scene selection to let viewers know when all content has been seen.

This content is a bit light on the lewd side since I wanted to advance the story more. Future updates will roll some of the side stories into the major scenes to make it easier to follow.
The weeks is more about me fixing images and coding, updating sound effects, dialogue fixes, etc.
weeks to hours WOW wonderful jobs guys

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
weeks to hours WOW wonderful jobs guys
Haha, yeah it was pretty quick this time. GTS has been doing lots of smaller size "alpha test" releases to me at a higher rate, so the volume of proofreading each time is far lower now, i can normally smash it out in a few hours.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: GrayTShirt

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Capture.JPG

So, for the last few months I've been trying to work on improving my image quality. I think I'm getting much better at looking at what needs to improve. Just working on little details can pay big dividends. Last update was about working on camera settings and lighting. This update will be on close-ups and catching those details that (I think) a lot of other projects might gloss over.

I want to make a project that shows every image as a stand-alone image that can be used as wallpaper, or inspiration, or whatever. That's why I wanted to start with Fiona's Stories with Rhona. It gives me a chance to work on things like SubD settings, positioning the camera for more dramatic shots, getting clothing to work better, and getting better with my storytelling without relying on written dialogue descriptions.

The plan for this update, I hope, is to set me apart as an artist and storyteller. I just worry about the visible transition throughout the project. With the prologue, everyone could see someone who just started using Daz and Ren'py. (I literally used Daz for only a couple months before the initial release, with Ren'Py being learned "on the job".) And as they progress through the story, improvements can be clearly seen.

The worry I have about this transition is the "inconsistency" with quality. I really, REALLY want to go back and sort of update the previous updates. Unfortunately, that's like almost 3000 images. Maybe after I finish Ch05, I'll go back and remaster it, add some animations, and re-release it.

Until then, BIG ASS TITTIES!
-GTS

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
View attachment 2255942

So, for the last few months I've been trying to work on improving my image quality. I think I'm getting much better at looking at what needs to improve. Just working on little details can pay big dividends. Last update was about working on camera settings and lighting. This update will be on close-ups and catching those details that (I think) a lot of other projects might gloss over.

I want to make a project that shows every image as a stand-alone image that can be used as wallpaper, or inspiration, or whatever. That's why I wanted to start with Fiona's Stories with Rhona. It gives me a chance to work on things like SubD settings, positioning the camera for more dramatic shots, getting clothing to work better, and getting better with my storytelling without relying on written dialogue descriptions.

The plan for this update, I hope, is to set me apart as an artist and storyteller. I just worry about the visible transition throughout the project. With the prologue, everyone could see someone who just started using Daz and Ren'py. (I literally used Daz for only a couple months before the initial release, with Ren'Py being learned "on the job".) And as they progress through the story, improvements can be clearly seen.

The worry I have about this transition is the "inconsistency" with quality. I really, REALLY want to go back and sort of update the previous updates. Unfortunately, that's like almost 3000 images. Maybe after I finish Ch05, I'll go back and remaster it, add some animations, and re-release it.

Until then, BIG ASS TITTIES!
-GTS
Do what you want but the story and sex is too good and remastered will take one year minimum. Feel like waste of time