Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Ok so these mismatches are normally all down to the thumbnail the title is using. please set a new thumbnail on the title and you should be good again. it should update to the correct title, version, path and playstate when you do that.
This is a known bug and should be listed on the github. think i put it thereanyway.

Hopefully its something the dev can take a look at soon.
So much of the core featureset is a bit broken atm but its fully useable and still the best alternative.

The problem is, it opens the wrong thumbnails :D

So, wrong name, wrong thumbnail (or no thumbnail at all), correct "Game Details" button.

I reinstalled everything, and looks like that fixed the issue.. but i can't say i tested a lot.

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Well, it happens again but as a temp. fix, right-click "Open Detail Window" works. (double click shows another game). After you put a thumbnail, doubleclick works as well.

And i want to suggest something, i think it would be neat if screenshots from the game folder appear in the game images automatically. I am not sure how hard to code this tho :/

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Well, it happens again but as a temp. fix, right-click "Open Detail Window" works. (double click shows another game). After you put a thumbnail, doubleclick works as well.

And i want to suggest something, i think it would be neat if screenshots from the game folder appear in the game images automatically. I am not sure how hard to code this tho :/
Well, it's probably not gonna happen. The best would be a manual button to download images for all games.

The problem is: auto-download of images means two things, and both are problems:
1. The images that get downloaded have a size. A couple of images for one game in the detail window is nothing. Images for all games...
That's dozens of gigabyte. Not everyone got a connection for that - or the time to have the gamemanager pause and load images.

2. The images have to come from somewhere, namely f95. A couple thousand images downloaded by a few hundred people is doable.
But imagine hundred thousands of image requests & image downloads by thousands of users on the F95 server.
At some point, the f95 team would probably get grumpy because of the server load.

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Well, it's probably not gonna happen. The best would be a manual button to download images for all games.
I think you misunderstood my suggestion. I didn't mean screenshots from the F95 (or anything online), i meant screenshots that created by RenPy, like "screenshot0001.png" etc. The program doesn't even need to store them in his own files, just work like a phone gallery and show screenshots from the game's folder. (Actually you can do this one by one currently, but it becomes way too annoying too add more than 5 images imo)

-----------------------------

And a very small bug report (i couldn't find my github password so i am going to post here : )

Screenshot_1.png

Looks like the black box should be higher and wider. (Actually, not wider. I think the box should be narrow instead (16:9 probably, i think it is still the most common).)

Last edited:

thebrakshow

Nov 22, 2017
Another big issue, checking for duplicate games via the general settings tab, deletes ALL added game entries. Their associated screens remain in the tid folder, but they can't be reassigned (or rediscovered) if you re-add the game (I assume because the game entry recieves a new unique ID). This would either cause bloat in the folder, or the user would have to figure out every game they added and remove those folders. My solution, unfortunately, is to delete Game List and start over, unless anyone has suggestions.

WARNING: To verify this behavior, use a fresh install. DO NOT test on a version you currently use.

EDIT: Game List seems to think the added game is an error, thus removing the entry. However, the orphaned image folders remain.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
unavailable.
Yes I haven't re-installed it after having moved to a new server.
I'm currently working on moving (again) to a better one, I'll see when it's done if I rebuild a wiki for the app. I think that I won't add a forum this time, this thread is enough for our needs.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
The wrong link issue of the game manager is worse than ever before.
"Lovely Guests" is now OVERRIDING existing games and replacing their entries with Lovely Guests stuff.

I tried updating Kalyskah, and not only did it turn into "Lovely Guests", it now links to it too.

Reactions: DasOrakel

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Have noticed this regression aswell.
It always ends up with the title having the wrong thumbnail and you open the title to correct the thumbnail.
As you open the title it changes its titles, version, playstate and game path to whatever the set thumbnail is set as.
Most of the time it loads the correct screenshots in its screenshot gallery. When it does then you just set a new thumbnail and it corrects itself.

BUT, at times it doesn't load the thumbnails at all.... or you are not able to set a new thumbnail. Then you are screwed for sure and the incorrect data is set firm.

Sure hope this isnt spagetti code at work here.
Maybe its time to upload the code to the github and allow atleast an insight on it all.
There is a hundred users, many of which know their stuff. Sad there is no way to help out or even just come with code ideas.

Reactions: abada25

ChaosDeath

Apr 29, 2017
Dear tid,
I recently deleted a game of min in your game list. After trying to force it back in using Pref -> Tools -> Thread Id -> Add/Update, It got funky to the point that it thought it was another game. After restarting it somethings comes up but often it just 'forgets' the game so I try again and again to the point i'm willing to redownload the whole Game List app. Can you please look into it

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
It got funky to the point that it thought it was another game.
This is the problem we describe recently aswell.
This was an issue i thought was patched but seemingly returned.
Hopefully the Dev can take a look at it soon and finds the time and drive to do so.

Note that if you are able to open the title and the correct thumbnails are loading, set one of them and it should stay as the correct title.

Last edited:
Reactions: DasOrakel

henk1

Dec 12, 2019
Very nice client! Love the functionality that's in place.

I searched a inside the client for this thread: sisterly lust
When I found it inside the client the name was correct but the thumbnail was wrong. It was the thumbnail for Lovely guests. A thread which I had not searched for before.
Clicking on the thumbnail I noticed that the title was wrong in the detail view as well as all the images. Below the images for Lovely guests I did see the images for Sisterly Lust but I assumed it was a loading error, went back one screen and clicked on the thumbnail again.
This time (and several after) the same issue. Title was correct on the thumbnail, but the thumbnail image and everything in the detail view was wrong. The second and later times the correct images where also no longer present.

Together with Cuddle on the discord I managed to fix this issue by adding the game by hand. But I thought I'd report it nonetheless so you'd know about it.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Note that this is the same issue:

Wrong thumbnail is set on the title you search for. When you open it, it will change its title, update, path, creator and url to whatever the thumbnail was.
Only way to fix this is either to set a correct image as a thumbnail on the first load, therefor correcting it. Or deleting the issue title (not sure if it merges down to the other title with the thumbnail (this cause Lovely Guests) and re-adding it manually.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Hi, guys, I'm back from holidays, I'll start working on these bugs this week.

I'm thinking of doing an alpha release that will let you choose if you want to try the last version or if you prefer to keep the last stable one.
The alpha version will become the main one after one or two weeks of testing without new bugs.

The next update will have this feature as well as Unicode support (it's already implemented).
After this, I'll move the database to its new server.

Last edited:

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
I think bleeding edge builds that release more often would be a great help and would give people a chance to try builds earlier and report on issues more. Give more feedback.

A message that you go on vecation and expect little feedback would also be wanted :)
Users don't want to feel its dead just cause you went out of country for a while.

As for the new builds, all sounds good really. if the database is able to roll back to stable, even better. If not, warnings on larger database changes might be wanted so users know that this next version should prob require a backup.

Good to see you back in action as always!

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes