VN Ren'Py Game of Inches [vC1.E2.0] [Remveer]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
I am very much in a similar boat. For most things I turn down music almost entirely with a few exceptions like Halo which will always be at 100%. I find that I differ from a lot of people in the fact that I don't like listening to my own music while I play games though. I find it incredibly distracting and I like to get fully immersed in a game and hearing a song I like really pulls me out of things.
this-pointing-finger.gif

100% agree. People always are stunned when I say I play all games on mute. But when I am immersed, I get distracted by a song I like or hate and start thinking about that instead, which then kills the enjoyment for me. I much prefer silence.

Reactions: Remveer

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
For me it depends on the music. If it's pretty much just background noise / sound i'm fine. In fact feels weird for me not to have some kind of background noise / sound and not to loud . But if there are words it depends on how loud and noticeable the words to the song it may distract me. I can't immerse myself when I play however but in most things I find music too distracting even when I try to adjust volume myself. So something that isn't super loud or noticeable like lofi , ambient sounds / music is perfect for me.

divingmedic

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2023
I am very much in a similar boat. For most things I turn down music almost entirely with a few exceptions like Halo which will always be at 100%. I find that I differ from a lot of people in the fact that I don't like listening to my own music while I play games though. I find it incredibly distracting and I like to get fully immersed in a game and hearing a song I like really pulls me out of things.
Oh not me, I have music going from the time I wake till I go to bed. My musical taste is very eclectic, stating with early 1930's jazz wither most genres except rap and hip-hop and any country music after the mid 1990's. Tom Petty once said that modern country music is just shitty pop with a fiddle in the mix.

ilon55

Jan 11, 2019
I'd like to think he doesn't come off as a creepy moron. There's a lot more poorly written friends in vn's than there are well written ones so I can understand a lot of peoples aversions to seeing a male best friend. The vn is centered around a team sport so friendships and rivalries with other male characters are going to be present, but not the main focus.
Yep, when a game starts and I see a male best friend I expect the worst..
This one seems to be fine. Kiara is doing great job. Mon-mon doesn't bother me and looks like the kind of guy who won't invoke some childish code when the inevitable comes.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
(Disclaimer: the things mentioned are just plans not necessarily guarantees. The last thing I want is to create so many paths that all I've done is create myself a hole I cant dig out of. )​
You did use the variable this update and as someone who a decent pair of headphones most of the time I turned this game down (like 99%) of other renpy games but it was not any more or less reduction (on my end) than normal

br8rn98

Apr 20, 2024
i love music so much that i refuse to listen to my favorite songs because of the feelings they bring up. I could not agree more with Tom Petty(rip)
though i doubt he would have a high opinion of half the songs i listen to lol

in games its, just like claptraps voice box in borderlands 2, like hammerlock said.. if i have to listen to them any longer I fear my brain cells will start to commit suicide...the first thing i do is mute the music in games. but if the music does not have words(espicially if it alerts me of enemies like borderlands does). i am fine with letting it be the background noise ............

unless im playing as the dark urge lol

hopefully this game follows ideal relationship types even affairs with no horrifying criminality like real pro players do.....

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Yep, when a game starts and I see a male best friend I expect the worst..
This one seems to be fine. Kiara is doing great job. Mon-mon doesn't bother me and looks like the kind of guy who won't invoke some childish code when the inevitable comes.
I don't know what to tell you man, Uncle Mon-Mon is gonna babysit my kids just fine while I make more nephews and nieces for him to babysit. He seems like a stand up guy, and Kiara will most certainly put him in his place if he ever teaches them something wrong.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes