Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
I'm getting a "an exception has occurred" error after doing the computer repair threesome scene with a male character:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can "ignore" the error, and it just takes me back to the mall, and the "collect Molly's laptop" option is there again, as if I hadn't done the scene yet.

Anyway, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing here and am looking forward to more updates to this game~
Thanks for letting me know, I've updated the OP links with a fixed version to prevent that from happening. I'm glad you're enjoying it, I'm looking forward to getting a few releases down the road when I can start getting into the actual storylines that will be available and as long as people are enjoying playing I'll keep at it.

Reactions: minibw

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
That's because the thread reads that the code is a replacement that's derived from the code for im.scale so it will rescale unedited images. How could it be redundant when it should be the only code used? If you're using im.scale with the HxW set at 500x450 then that is exactly what's distorting your images.
Redundant as in the python code for "ProportionalScale" never gets called and if it does, just does what im.Scale does. The issue isn't the 'how?' though, I know why some images look distorted, it is of course the forced resize.

One alternative is of course not to mess around with the sizing at all which results in a different look - I've attached a couple of examples. The main issue there of course is that the original images then need to conform to a specific size - although I suppose as long as the images are roughly similar in size then setting a max/min size for them should work with the exception of some tiny ass images. I've attached one of the worst offenders, Lance's introduction image as well to highlight the other end of not messing with the sizes :D

All being said though, as I mentioned images have taken a back seat for now however I do plan on fixing them as part of the roadmap to 0.3.

sizeexample1.JPG sizeexample2.JPG sizeexample3.JPG

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
Here's a script.rpy file for those of you that don't want to look at distorted images.

I replaced all instances of "im.Script" with "ProportionalScale" and changed all sizing from 500x450 to 800x500. This keeps the images between, and at the same depth, as the side bars. It took about 90 seconds to do the edit using replace all in Notepad++.

It still doesn't scale the animations, but I'm going no further for a game that gropes me without letting me splatter their brains in the doorway.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No need to go to such trouble, I'll be updating the links today with a version using PropScale - I had intended to reply yesterday but what can I say, I fired up Yakuza 0 for the first time and before I knew it my day was gone and I was in bed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It does bother me though that the images change in size, prime example being both of Lexi's room images during the introduction. This is what I was trying to avoid initially but it seems different image sizes are better than distorted images.

I don't quite get the meaning of your last sentence I'm afraid. I suspect little of the webm content actually needs scaled, most of it should look pretty good in the middle pane. A few of the lower quality videos will need updated eventually though.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Yakuza ruining productivity a tale as old as time.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
@Teron Just noticed that this is in the new "Most Viewed Threads in the past 30 days" bit of the forum. Almost 100,000 people in the last month viewed it! You might have something here.

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
@Teron Just noticed that this is in the new "Most Viewed Threads in the past 30 days" bit of the forum. Almost 100,000 people in the last month viewed it! You might have something here.
Eh, I reckon a big chunk of those are Cory Chase fans but I'll take it! :p
Only a few more releases I reckon before all of the base content is done and I can start to really push forward with the storylines.

0.3 - Progress:
0.3 should be releasing next weekend (unless I absolutely smash it this weekend which is a possibility) and the primary focus is on Cory's content so there will be a continuation of the relationship building between Cory and the main character. There is also some new gloryhole scenes, specifically the 'black' version of the gloryhole. Couple of other bits and bobs I'd like to get done but isn't critical to the release and is dependant on time. I've also added improvements to the menus in the form of buttons that will display information rather than having it all over the page at all times.

Reactions: dspeed

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
I had hoped to get this out a few days ago but the busy month I've had continued unexpectedly. Thankfully I feel that I've added a decent amount of content and laid the groundwork for future Cory storyline content once I cover the rest of the main characters. Unfortunately I can't really push too far ahead with one character without making the other storylines seem a bit out of place but it's still early days and I'm happy with where the story will be going.

0.3.0 - Release
OP Updated with new links;
This release has focused on content with Cory, you can continue building your relationship with her by spending time with her in the evening after helping her clean the house a few times. Watch some movies together and accompany her to the mall, who knows what'll happen there.

There is also additional non-story content which I will be trying to add each release, you'll find content for both male and female characters in the nightclub dancefloor/toilets as well as the new location Oldtown, which is accessible from the Town Centre.

Please let me know if you come across any game breaking bugs :)

spaghettidik

Apr 30, 2017
got a bug, i used an old save btw

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 2126, in <module>
NameError: name 'eroticmovie' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 2091, in script
File "C:\Users\Downloads\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1504, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 852, in menu
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
File "C:\Users\Downloads\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1843, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1836, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
GameOfLife 0.3.0
Sun Apr 08 21:02:18 2018

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
I really don't know Cory Chase, I'm just an incest fan, really tired of russian "cancer".:confounded::eek:penedeyewink:

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
got a bug, i used an old save btw

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 2091, in script
File "C:\Users\Downloads\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1504, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 852, in menu
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
File "C:\Users\Downloads\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1843, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Downloads\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\GameOfLife-0.3.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1836, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
GameOfLife 0.3.0
Sun Apr 08 21:02:18 2018
Ah, I see why that has happened. I've moved some variables around and uploaded a new version, this should allow you to use older save games. I forgot that I originally had the inventory and the items you can acquire in a python block after the game started rather than in a 'default variable =' block before the game starts.

Mega link has been updated, Megaup is uploading just now.

Thanks for letting me know.

Reactions: spaghettidik

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
can you raise dom/sub stats without going to the clinic ?

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
can you raise dom/sub stats without going to the clinic ?
At the moment the only other event that raises either of these stats is the Caladon Pharma intro with Bill in the toilet.
I'll be fleshing out the dom/sub attribute over the next couple of releases.

Alternatively, the variable names are submissiveness and dominance - setting these with the console shouldn't break anything.

Reactions: Ginji

Teron

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2017
Getting an exception. Erotic movie with Cory not defined.
Please check the downloaded version, you should now have 0.3.1 which is the latest link. I've downloaded and played through the cory content using an older save so it should work. If it is 0.3.1 you have (should show at the title screen, bottom right corner) let me know and I'll investigate further.

Aug 13, 2017
Please check the downloaded version, you should now have 0.3.1 which is the latest link. I've downloaded and played through the cory content using an older save so it should work. If it is 0.3.1 you have (should show at the title screen, bottom right corner) let me know and I'll investigate further.
It works. I was using a save from an earlier version then saw someone else had a similar problem. New game worked fine.

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes