Kingvlad

Active Member woow
Mar 21, 2018
:love: Great news P_S_Y_C_H_O :love:

(y) Keep up the great work (y)

Got my notebook from service. Some usual stuff when you don't refresh thermal paste for too long. Everything's ok now. GPU isn't burnt. Even CPU's area was damaged more than GPU's due to overheating.

But I'm starting to check the prices and think about buying a decent desktop PC instead in the (hopefully) nearest future.

Blade6969

Jan 2, 2018
:love: Great news P_S_Y_C_H_O :love:

(y) Keep up the great work (y)

Got my notebook from service. Some usual stuff when you don't refresh thermal paste for too long. Everything's ok now. GPU isn't burnt. Even CPU's area was damaged more than GPU's due to overheating.

But I'm starting to check the prices and think about buying a decent desktop PC instead in the (hopefully) nearest future.
Make sure you go for a Ryzen PC, you will be able to render images much quicker, and have a better more upto date system. It will be totally worth it. ;)

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
Make sure you go for a Ryzen PC, you will be able to render images much quicker, and have a better more upto date system. It will be totally worth it. ;)
Thanks. Aiming at Ryzen 7 3700x, on ASUS Prime X570-Pro Ryzen 3, but that CPU is hard to get here. Empty shelves.
But how it will speed up renders, if I use Iray which needs GPU?
Does mainboard help to transfer those pixels a little faster?
First PC for me.:geek:
All this shit will cost 3.5k which is a pain and water-bread diet for a while. But I'm so excited of what will it let me do and how fast.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
If there's a game similar to this one, giving you options of different dick sizes - I would like to check it.
I think, it would be a pain to render sex scenes for different dicks. Because even position of the body during intercourse depends on dick's length. I may be wrong...
For now the poll is still open.
Don't think that is possible without doing extra renders.

Good luck with buying a pc. Good ones are rarely cheap but at least they are a investment that will be worth several years if you take care.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks. Aiming at Ryzen 7 3700x, on ASUS Prime X570-Pro Ryzen 3, but that CPU is hard to get here. Empty shelves.
Does mainboard help to transfer those pixels a little faster? ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

GG, some story quirks I found, may post about them later. Your game aims to be more 'realistic' so it kicks me out of immersion at times. Great job dev. ^^

Reactions: P_S_Y_C_H_O

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
Does mainboard help to transfer those pixels a little faster?
First PC for me.:geek:
All this shit will cost 3.5k which is a pain and water-bread diet for a while. But I'm so excited of what will it let me do and how fast.
Unfortunately many AMD fans didn't like the marriage between Daz Studio and Nvidia ..
Another bad part would be the prices of the official iray video cards.

The GTX 10XX line some were (enabled to use ray tracing now)

And the Famous line QUADRO, well known to anyone who works with 3d professionally ..
( do not expect to play games with them)
It would be the crown jewel .. (and as expensive as :eek: ..)

They have always been expensive a matter of fact , as for practical use veterans like Papa Ernie, Lt. Aldo Raine, CulayTL among other members from assets , should have a good CXB (Cost X benefit)suggestion.

Ohh
And Cpus….( )

It was a miracle a laptop have endured the pace of rendering for hours at 100% (you probably did not need heater in the room :oops:)

Last edited:

willembever22

Jan 8, 2018
Unfortunately many AMD fans didn't like the marriage between Daz Studio and Nvidia ..
Another bad part would be the prices of the official iray video cards.

The GTX 10XX line some were (enabled to use ray tracing now)

And the Famous line QUADRO, already known who works with 3D .. (indicated only for work, do not expect to play games with them)
It would be the crown jewel .. (and as expensive as :eek: ..)

They have always been expensive a matter of fact , as for practical use veterans like Papa Ernie, Lt. Aldo Raine, CulayTL among other members from assets , should have a good CXB (Cost X benefit)suggestion.

Ohh
And Cpus….( )

It was a miracle a laptop have endured the pace of rendering for hours at 100% (you probably did not need heater in the room :oops:)
the laptop was a level 100 charizard in the end, but lost to some titties :cry:

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Laptops are supposed to throttle the CPU and GPU to protect them from overheating. That said, it is advisable to keep a close eye on the temperatures. If things are getting too hot, there are things you can do, like a cooling pad, undervolting, underclocking, and even reducing the maximum speed of the CPU (which I did once when my laptop's fans were dying).

I'm still not convinced that we really need such high settings in DAZ for the renders. Keep in mind that there are many 3D games out there which run on similar hardware which can produce stunning graphics at more than 60 FPS. IMHO several hours for a single render is a lot.

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
I bought a cooling pad on the way back home from service, but it was too late already...:cry:
GPU died the next day.
Ryzen 7 3700x and ASUS RTX 2080 ti turbo arrived today. Waiting for other parts... Excited AF
Jerking to some hardware, PC building, and tutorial videos meanwhile :geek:

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
1. Plan the air flow - tuck cables away neatly so they don't obstruct the flow, one fan blowing air in, one fan sucking air out of the case.
2. SSDs don't mind the heat too much.
3. Do try undervolting the CPU. Less heat, no performance hit. Even 100mV of undervolt makes a huge difference. Underclocking does come with a performance hit, however, so do that only if temps are still too high under stress.
4. Similar for the GPU. You might need to make a custom power profile.

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
one fan blowing air in, one fan sucking air out of the case.
There will be 2x1. I think we got everything covered, guys. Thanks. It's all good.
I just can't wait for it to be delivered, I'm so excited.
But shit's so big - I have no room for it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ontach and Cirro84

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
Good advice to add ... a good case, preferably high tower .. (mid T, at least with top opening)
The one in the photo is MID .. (Be Quiet ... Dark Base 700, BGW23 ... right)?
edit..
Dark base 900..ohhhh congratulations!!
I had not repaired the 900 version has 2/120 front..700 coolers only 1(although visually alike, a big final difference ..)

Good cable customization helps, but the larger the interior space the better the ventilation too.

In the case of the laptop was probably the thermal paste, with time ends getting dry (faster under extreme conditions)
And instead of dispersing the heat (dry) ends up isolating the component.
The laptop worked for hours ..coolers and air intakes tend to pick up a lot of dust and hair too (they are already inefficient, goodbye ventilation)

One big point (throttle the CPU and GPU) manufacturers don't expect a pc to be working 100% for several hours.
When this condition enters, the user is expected to let the temperature return to normal or even turn it off for a few minutes.

Remember when downloading the nvidia driver that there is now the choice of driver (SD studio driver) and (GRD Game Ready)
Theoretically Studio driver would be most appropriate ... if you will use the same at work ..

If you are a content creator who prioritizes stability and quality for creative workflows including video editing, animation, photography, graphic design, and livestreaming, choose NVIDIA Studio Driver.

Finally hopefully you have chosen a good PSU.. wattage with a good margin to spare.

If in doubt visit this link ...

Last edited:

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
Good advice to add ... a good case, preferably high tower .. (mid T, at least with top opening)
The one in the photo is MID .. (Be Quiet ... Dark Base 700, BGW23 ... right)?

Good cable customization helps, but the larger the interior space the better the ventilation too.

In the case of the laptop was probably the thermal paste, with time ends getting dry (faster under extreme conditions)
And instead of dispersing the heat (dry) ends up isolating the component.
The laptop worked for hours ..coolers and air intakes tend to pick up a lot of dust and hair too (they are already inefficient, goodbye ventilation)

One big point (throttle the CPU and GPU) manufacturers don't expect a pc to be working 100% for several hours.
When this condition enters, the user is expected to let the temperature return to normal or even turn it off for a few minutes.

Remember when downloading the nvidia driver that there is now the choice of driver (SD studio driver) and (GRD Game Ready)
Theoretically Studio driver would be most appropriate ... if you will use the same at work ..

If you are a content creator who prioritizes stability and quality for creative workflows including video editing, animation, photography, graphic design, and livestreaming, choose NVIDIA Studio Driver.

Finally hopefully you have chosen a good PSU.. wattage with a good margin to spare.

If in doubt visit this link ...

wow great link. Thank you.
No, that's a full tower. 900 v.2 model

Reactions: Aldnoah Zero

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Good quality post, esp. the link for PSUs. (y) And yeah, maybe the laptop can get fixed? Hope so. Might give a platform to test versions while next renders are in processing or new version is compiled. It's practical having it as reserve.

And dev, throw away your wardrobe, clothes are so overrated these days. You gonna sweat anyway. Space found, problem solved. ^^

penzor

Jun 5, 2019
Just finished playing this. Its very very nice. I wonder what the story will actually lead.
F for the dead laptop but congrats on the nice great pc.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

I'm so turned on to turn it on, that I keep an ice bag on my crotch. But there's still mainboard and UPS missing. I can't even test run this hardware.
UPS is already somewhere close, but mobo isn't. Mobo wasn't available and they had to buy it somewhere far away. I made a call and they said it should arrive on Thursday- Friday.
But it looks fancy. I love that case. Even empty. Should provide enough space for a couple more GPUs in the future. So then I can try and hack Pentagon or fly to Mars. Or just render naked ladies 24/7 like mental.

fbass

May 18, 2017

I'm so turned on to turn it on, that I keep an ice bag on my crotch. But there's still mainboard and UPS missing. I can't even test run this hardware.
UPS is already somewhere close, but mobo isn't. Mobo wasn't available and they had to buy it somewhere far away. I made a call and they said it should arrive on Thursday- Friday.
But it looks fancy. I love that case. Even empty. Should provide enough space for a couple more GPUs in the future. So then I can try and hack Pentagon or fly to Mars. Or just render naked ladies 24/7 like mental.
Love that feeling of new hardware arriving, I can't wait to put it together! I vote for naked lol

4.40 star(s) 92 Votes