VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Gates Motel [v0.6] [P_S_Y_C_H_O]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Vivat Imperatoris

The game had a lot of potential. I hope they decide to continue developing it. The incest content is at least somewhat believable, which is more than most AVNs offer. The characters are pretty. The milf looks believable. The hairplay is a nice change from the usual. The wild girl content has a lot of potential and a lot of promising kinks like urination or slave.

My biggest problem is the trans character. It makes no sense for me storywise, that this very Christian family would allow that. The WHOLE content should be avoidable not just the sex scenes. Don't need trans or futa in my games.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

factyma666

Can you imagine a game were there is practically no penetration but it's somehow hotter and more erotic than most of the sex filled kinky harem games on this site in a very very dirty way?

This is that game. So sad to see it abandoned :(
  3. 4.00 star(s)

tmathis

This story was pretty nuts but I think it had a lot of potential in terms of feeling like something pretty unique. Art was reasonable and I would have loved to see where this all ended up. Too bad that it ended up abandoned!
  4. 3.00 star(s)

meridian1

Generally good quality writing but there is something really strange about this game. The sexual acts and atmosphere rely on being very awkward, because of the situation that the characters are in. It's so awkward and kind of hot at the same time. The protagonist would make more sense if he was a teenager. The way he is kinda weak and domineered by his mother. But it's not a femdom game. The mc lives in a hotel with his 3 sisters, one of them trans, and his mother. The sexual scenes are really quite hot. The writing is generally good quality, though there is far too much dialogue. It's just, this game taps into some uncommon fetishes, like armpit hair and pussy hair (though you can make the mc like or dislike this) that it surprised me. And when in the game they talk about these things it's so god damn awkward. I have never seen this kind of awkwardness in any other game really. I don't like it. But damn, some of the sexual scenes are really god damn hot, and since there's a lot of dialogue it goes along really well, except for the mc's behavior sometimes. It's too meek. Like a teenage boy. He's too much of a mommas boy. But it is really good how stern yet caring she is. She will take care of your needs, and the build up is good with her, of what there is in the game. While there is a lot of dialogue, there isn't much in the way of plot. And some of where the plot goes i'm not really interested, like there's this homeless girl and stuff. Not really interested in some of characters, and some of those character's don't have much content. The game feels quite short really. It's an interesting game that will definitely appeal to some people.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ahshaar

I love the story and its depth. Excellent graphics with a lot of body details. Love hair fetish, love the natural-like looking characters - they don't look like plastic barby dolls. Trans sister and her story/relations are superb. The elder sister looks great by not looking too perfect; I'm looking forward for her relationships line. Twin sister is a naughty hell for petite lovers, she's fantastic. Mom's great, I adore her as much as MC does :) And Savage.. well, fantasies of both her corruption and romantic routes just drive me insane! Nice idea!
    Please, keep the work!
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Undead Coomer

Hasn't been updated for so long other than that too much text in some instances would be my biggest gripe.
    Pros:
    +The clothing colliding graphics and animation quality is very high
    + The characters look unique
    + The setting seems to be unique
    + Erotic scenes are nice
    + Body hair is nice

Cons:
    -Too much text (I finished till the end but towards the very end I just spammed clicks to relieve myself of the lengthy text. MC description is sometimes too long but I can't deny liking some minute details matching up with what's on the screen.
    -Norma for the age of 42 has too much wrinkles for her age, face wrinkles is natural but for her fitness the body wrinkles are unrealistic
    - The scenes look so dark especially with the CG grain.
    - The writing seems to be off. Sometimes verbose and sometimes not really making much sense in context for example Norma starting too jerk the MC off too quickly and willingly. I think instead of some dreams it would be much better if the MC got some flashback (there had been a short one about dad tho) developing the sexualness of the characters after the father had died.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Demnor

Great game with well written story and great graphics. Personally I like that each player can choose how hairy the girls should be (I happen to like hairy women). Very sexy and definitely a game worth following.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Jolong22

Simply one of the best game in the business. Quality of renders is very good, posing as well. Story is usual concept with unusual elements. Characters are interesting so far as well as the plot which is starting to form. Same with characters development, good job here. I guess kinkiness of this game is welcomed PLUS. This game went on my radar very fast and I'll gladly wait for updates however long it might be. This game simply deserves it. Totally recommend. 10/10. [v0.55].
  9. 5.00 star(s)

frapstar

It would be a great pity if the game is no longer developed. I like the story, which is different from many other games. Also that you can see body hair, for example. I liked the game! Gates Motel is different.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

DuckDairyDip

Huge fan of the Psycho film and the novel it was based on especially with the storytelling and use of the Norman character in this setting. I also liked the Bates Motel show as well while it was airing. I can tell the dev is a fan of at least the original film and story and it shows not just in fan service or use of assets, but in storytelling. The tone in this is very creepy, and gives off a very similar vibe to the Psycho source material and various spin-offs and adaptations to some degree. The main cast are interesting thus far and their relationship is something I look forward to the most in future updates.

The mom is very much like how Norma is described and presented in the various Psycho works thus shares her name as a default. She gets the most screentime thus far of the family members outside of the MC. There are hints at religious leanings and very suspicious circumstances regarding the death of her husband which kickstarts this story. She has very interesting views and beliefs bordering on being very radical. I suspect her religious beliefs and ideological leanings will be explored in the future, but as of now it is just interesting seeing her interact with her children.

Grace is the MC's twin sister, she is the least corrupted of the MC's three sisters and exploring sex. She is more on the introverted and nerdy type, but she is very flirty with the MC. She gets a proper sex scene by the end of the 0.55 update so I suspect things to escalate as we move forward.

Alex is another one of the MC's siblings. Alex is a transgender female. I played with shemale content enabled so I got to do several sexual scenes with her. This is also an interesting relationship not just because she is trans, but also because there is the dynamic of Alex trying to step into her identity as a woman while also having some weird fascination with the MC. Where Grace seems to have a mutual chemistry with the MC, Alex seems to have almost an obsession. I don't want to spoil too much, but during one sexual encounter with Alex, Alex states she transitioned for the MC and doesn't go beyond that. There is also implied rape or sexual abuse by their father on Alex as Alex explains that she knew this about herself since even then and quickly shuts down the conversation about it when the MC questions it, where Alex states no one else knows about it, well except the MC now. I hope these things get touched on in future updates as this can also lead to interesting interactions, development and characterization.

Rose is the older sister, and gets the least amount of screentime of the family thus far. Makes sense considering she and the MC are not exactly on good terms, but it isn't like she hates him and I suspect maybe at least with the MC's handicap towards the end of the 0.55 update, maybe things will turn around, lots of things can happen here.

Another highlight is Princess Savage. A homeless girl who seems to have been captured at a young age, escaped when she was about 10 and has been living at the motel the MC's family has bought and in the surrounding area. She can barely communicate, has no real sexual experience as far as we can tell, but is very fond of the MC. Her interactions with the MC are very cute and I love the scenes with her and look forward to more, especially if the MC can convince the family to let her stay with them and maybe learn to communicate better. There are options during her scenes to be a bit rough with her and wanting to teach her sexual things or to be more gentle and compassionate. I of course chose the more gentle approach especially considering her conditions and I grew to really care for her, even by the end of the 0.55 update I kept wondering when the MC would maybe deliver more food to her and check up on her. So, really look forward to more content with her.

Ashley is a girl who lives in the nearby town where the motel is, and meets the MC while he is shopping for groceries as her mom runs the store thus she helps out. She isn't shown much outside of visiting the MC the next day to check up on him, but I do hope we will see more of her and more girls from the town to spice things up especially since it is clear the Gates siblings have had little interaction with other people and probably never were able to make real friends before moving to this town. Norma does not seem fond of Ashley for being a punk type of girl and smoking and such, but I do hope we can either convince Norma to see a better side of Ashley or getting to find time to sneak away with Ashley while in town.

The last character we see is Dr Carrie Handcock who checks on the MC after an accident and implies sexual services disguised as doctor's orders. Not much to her as of yet, but would be interesting in potential content with her.

The sex scenes overall are really nice and I would say unique. The MC has an uncircumsized penis which makes sense considering his mother's beliefs, and many of the scenes thus far focus on that. The character models look really nice both in and outside these scenes and subtle changes or animations such as where their eyes are looking or facial expressions are really nice and show a great level of care by the dev.

The standout of this game is the writing by far. It feels very eerie and puts me on edge because these characters and their thinking are very bizarre or weird at times, but they go along with things because they are used to it. In many ways it does a great job of emulating a similar feeling as the original Psycho film and book. The dev does a great job with this aspect and I look forward to how the writing is used going forward as we see these characters develop and grow closer. The only negative I have about this game at this time, is the narration by the MC. The narration is fine, but sometimes I felt it was excessive and drawn out. The actual interactions with the characters is great, but it can take me out of the moment at times when the MC goes into a long, drawn out narration especially in the opening few scenes. Overall, fantastic game, and I am glad the dev is doing better and I look forward to future updates and I am surely a fan of this game from now on.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

fgth90

Omg.

What a game.
    Renders are astonishing, writing Art is just perfect.
    Potential on this game is huge.
    Everything is already there to make one of the best games on F95.
    Keep the good work and please, please, don't abandon the project.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

DeepSpace_Potato

After the first 20-30 minutes of gameplay the only question that came up to my mind is "Why?". The writings are terrible, forced and length-stretched to the limit of ridiculous. Moreover the part about the smelly-encrusted panties killed my interest in a second.
    The models are well made, but the only scenes I unlocked so far have low lights and you can't even see what they're doing.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Borol25

OK, this may be the most difficult review for me so far!

I just love the romance between the MC and his twin sister! She is innocent and naughty at the same time, I love it!
    And even better in my eyes is the trans-sister (former brother) of the MC! The first time I saw a well written trans-character in a VN and it is hot!!!

But I know the main point of the MC is his relation with his mother... and that is my main problem. If you like Mother-Son stuff it may be for you, but all the character models are mend to look "normal/realistic" not "top model like". So I skipped most of her content...

All in all it is an awesome story and even though it is already at v0.55 I hope for a lot more content with the children of this family! It has some of the best and unique incest writing I have seen so far, but sadly some of the less sexy models (mostly the mother).
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1957082

Love the game, it's setting the new standard of quality, for me at least, renders are beautiful, interactions are cool, love the choices, characters backgrounds and stories are well done, story is well written, and simply can't wait to see the whole thing. P.S. for the amount of kinks this game is covering (and will cover), I am amazed :)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

keiththeberenson

I think I'm checking out on this one but I felt compelled to write this review.

This dev has accomplished something that is very hard to achieve: they established a kind of atmosphere that I've never seen before.

You can almost feel the heat, taste the grit of sand in your teeth and smell the - sometimes - wrong smells. It's really an achievement.

The fetishes are.... for some people and I'm not really here to judge. I'm glad there's a game for this. I don't know if I can keep playing it but this dev has supreme talent and really could offer advice to other devs in terms of creating an atmosphere.

This game is unique and if you think you're interested in these fetishes, you should be playing this game. If you're a bit gun-shy, then, absolutely do not play this game. It's not for sweet flowers. This game is a rotting rose, created to be as such, and I can't help but admire and respect the dev whose vision comes through with every render and every line of dialogue.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

InfamousAone

This game is something trully special,unique.Very original story and it is quite an interesting one,some of the best rendering i've seen around here with all of my favourite fetishes,some i even didn't know i had.Mom is definetly the best part of the game and i really hope that the updates will become more frequent.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

hashare

This is a very refreshing VN , it is both dark and erotic but also very everyday kinda life , the characters are being well developed and the story is progressing beautifully , i love the weird and kinky fetishes and the fact that i can choose to ignore some of them , overall i think his game has huge amount of potential and i will visit every week for an update
  18. 5.00 star(s)

ereet

This VN is so far really great and has lots of potential. The developer clearly has a very good grasp on the dirty psychology which leads to these trashy sex themes.. and that's saying a lot. Most writers are just barely able to communicate the state of mind and motivations of the characters which give life to sex scenes... but with this author, it shines through, brightly.

There isn't much to the story yet but there is lots of nudity and some sex already. One scene in particular, I think, really demonstrates the talent of this author:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If that scene is any indication, this will be a great VN for anyone who is even remotely interested in it's overall theme. The models are also great.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

Gray21

this has to be one of the most boring vns i have ever played so far, so much text that says absolutely nothing, endless inner monologues, making even the interesting scenes feel like it takes and eternity for a second to pass, and some of the scenes are so poorly lit that you can barely make it out what is actually showing you, which is a real shame because the game has some decent premise and really nice character models, but its absolutely ruined by the writing.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

huhula

+inspiration of movie Psycho and the series Bates Motel is interesting
    + good images
    +/- models look more realistic unlike other games/VN (- because of the forced desire for a mother who is realistically old and unattractive)
    - just another "shota" game where you play as a boy (not an adult man) who wants nothing more than to have sex with his mother
    - forced dream scenes and imagination of women that players are not interested in
    - one of the main character's sisters is boy (gay), I'm afraid of a forced sexual relationship as in the case of MC mother