Gehenna [1.0] [Kemuriya]

Daijena

Jul 1, 2018
Or not, because it seems some of the starred enemies aren't actually correctly triggering their H skills, which I've noticed has popped up again and again as an issue. The enemies I can point to right now that I KNOW don't have it working, are the the dark swordwomans & witches down/in the black fortress, and the chimera and slime enemies over in Twilight Paradise or whatever the place you meet Shunka is called. And its been a case of they use or try to use the skill, it does nothing and even if sounds play there's no cut in or anything, and I checked with the unpatched JP v1.09 where it they do work correctly, So honestly unsure what's happening here
That's fucked, so the mtl person didn't check if it broke stuff....

Jul 28, 2017
That's fucked, so the mtl person didn't check if it broke stuff....
To be fair, the specific scenes are kinda hard to check. Most basically trigger while doing things you'd normally be doing anyways while having a specific skill, so if you didn't know what to look for, you wouldn't know it's missing.
The error, btw, stems from the fact that the game code is looking for a specific skill name, so translating the name of the skill automatically breaks (or more accurately, skips) the relevant code that would trigger the specific scene.

KaraKaraWitch

Jul 10, 2022
To be fair, the specific scenes are kinda hard to check. Most basically trigger while doing things you'd normally be doing anyways while having a specific skill, so if you didn't know what to look for, you wouldn't know it's missing.
The error, btw, stems from the fact that the game code is looking for a specific skill name, so translating the name of the skill automatically breaks (or more accurately, skips) the relevant code that would trigger the specific scene.
Plus, it's already fixed in the following post. I implore people: Please, please read before sending it. Feels like reading and comprehension is in short supply these days...

Happy new year. I've been procrastinating pretty hard at fixing skills. Finished this. To patch it, replace the CommonEvents.json file with the CommonEvents_skills.json file.

N.B. For most skills it *should* work. If the skill has "double quote" or 'single quote' characters, please let me know. I haven't checked if those work or not.

N.B. 2 I've included the mapping text thingy with source code I used to make a hack patch. It still needs manual editing of the .json file to prevent errors. (License since idk who would ask in the future, is wtfpl.)

---

"Why it took so long?"

Going through 203 individual skills is tedious. I can get like 50 skills in a batch before I wander off and do something else.

GeMo8

Aug 11, 2021
Does anyone have like a patch to fix H scenes, skills?
You first have to get Mtool download it and then unzip it. Then click on the windows batch file that is called "use me to open the tool". Once it finally starts up click on the first tab and drag and drop the games exe into the tool. It will automatically start to translate it but I believe the free version of Mtool can only translate so much text. (Fair warning your antivirus will probably flag this part of Mtool because it is using a third party to inject code into the game. It is totally safe and virus free but I understand if you don't want to proceed.) So then you put your translation file that you downloaded from Karpaccho into the translate tab. It should use that translation once it patches the game. Also you will always have to launch it through Mtool or it will not be translated. Yeah that's about it but man is it a lot of steps. wish you luck, and check out some guides on using Mtool if you are stuck.

Thank @BustinGutz for explaining to me personally! :)

Reactions: ZX7H