Gehenna [1.0] [Kemuriya]

.Inori

Jun 28, 2018
not sure what two chests your talking about if it's the two in B2 of the twilight paradise that shot you up to the pool you can fall back down the hole, as for the silver head ability "silver head" is just getting hit by the silver head enemies that you find at the start of the wiggling route "silver statue" means exploring the museum I can't remember if I exited and entered the room until I could walk up to it before it ran away or I had to chase it but it was annoying.
That's the two chests located in Black city, before the central garden and the old mansion of Lorina's place. There was an underground and there is a map where 2 silver chests and a stair are lying in the middle of a sewer. There's no chance I can get there...

For the silver head, I thought it was in the museum on the upper left of the map. When I entered that room, it ran away unless I hit the blue or red button, then it followed me till I exited. It didn't show any interaction about teaching technique...

KaraKaraWitch

Jul 10, 2022
Hi all!

Managed to run the main script through google translate. And got a... reasonable script that I think is at least better than MTool. Gonna translate the rest of the items, actors and names later. Assuming all goes well (Which given that bulk of the work is done and given the ninety ninety rule), means that I'll have to do some additional work before it's I can call it "Postable".

EDIT:

I'll leave some comments on the game script:

The script I would say is quite hellish towards google translate, causing it to go insane like repeating too many characters. This mainly forms the bulk of my headache which is to try to wrangle GTL to behave.

The rest of the stuff such as names and skills are much more reasonable.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mr. Tux

Mr_mo

Dec 28, 2021
That's the two chests located in Black city, before the central garden and the old mansion of Lorina's place. There was an underground and there is a map where 2 silver chests and a stair are lying in the middle of a sewer. There's no chance I can get there...

For the silver head, I thought it was in the museum on the upper left of the map. When I entered that room, it ran away unless I hit the blue or red button, then it followed me till I exited. It didn't show any interaction about teaching technique...
OK took me a while to get back here but when you enter the black town from the gate and go up there's a gap in the wall of barrels on the left there's a hidden staircase in that gap.

As for the silver head I'm pretty sure that's the right one but i can't remember how to trigger the conversation I just know i spent a lot of time messing around in that room trying to trigger it.

sammo905

Jun 28, 2018
Hi all!

Managed to run the main script through google translate. And got a... reasonable script that I think is at least better than MTool. Gonna translate the rest of the items, actors and names later. Assuming all goes well (Which given that bulk of the work is done and given the ninety ninety rule), means that I'll have to do some additional work before it's I can call it "Postable".

EDIT:

I'll leave some comments on the game script:

The script I would say is quite hellish towards google translate, causing it to go insane like repeating too many characters. This mainly forms the bulk of my headache which is to try to wrangle GTL to behave.

The rest of the stuff such as names and skills are much more reasonable.
now the question is does the translation break parts of the game

KaraKaraWitch

Jul 10, 2022
now the question is does the translation break parts of the game
Been very selective on how I wrote my patcher. So it should do as minimal damage as possible. Only changing lines where it should. From my initial tests, action cutins seem to work.

KaraKaraWitch

Jul 10, 2022
Been very selective on how I wrote my patcher. So it should do as minimal damage as possible. Only changing lines where it should. From my initial tests, action cutins seem to work.
Releasing a early test version for v1.08.

The following things have not been translated:
- Skills
- Name changes (Likely a bug on my end, will check)
- UI Elements
- Location/Map names

Actor names are stored in save files. So you might still have the Japanese names.

I think scripts (dialogue), items are translated.
Please help find bugs for gameplay wise. Replace the 2 folders in the "www" folder. be sure to back it up.

For the JS folder, you only need to replace "plugins.js". Where as for the data folder, replace all of the files.

For translation to break, I can think of a couple of areas where it could potentially break.

EDIT: False positive (1/62)

Last edited:

koskosqwe124

Nov 11, 2021
Is there a way to return your character looks to original state? I got some pig curse, then purified it at the town, but character still looks the same as like if it's cursed

• Angry
Reactions: Ritzalio

KaraKaraWitch

Jul 10, 2022
Is there a way to return your character looks to original state? I got some pig curse, then purified it at the town, but character still looks the same as like if it's cursed
I believe you have to unequip some equipment in your equipment menu. There is more below the ------

Harbin238

Sep 7, 2021
TBH it's strange. Anyway, I'll upload the data folder and js folder seperately.
Much thanks, these attachments work. Not sure what happened but it seems like a rare site issue. Never even seen a captcha on here until yesterday. Anyway I really appreciate the upload!

Karpaccho

Jun 29, 2018
Gehenna v1.09 JP same source as 1.07

Compressed to 7z by myself.
KaraKaraWitch's patch not working in 1.09, no image output(text seems to be working)

Karpaccho

Jun 29, 2018
I considered doing a manual mtl editing at least for MTool, but it's useless until game stops updating with bugfixes.

KaraKaraWitch

Jul 10, 2022
Gehenna v1.09 JP same source as 1.07

Compressed to 7z by myself.
KaraKaraWitch's patch not working in 1.09, no image output(text seems to be working)
Just saw the message, will have a look at updating the patch again... Hopefully it isn't nothing major...

EDIT: Updated patch to work with v1.09. Hopefully nothing breaks? I did a diff and there doesn't seem to by any major changes, so I'm kinda unsure what was the change in the first place.

P.S. If there is no image output, I'm actually curious where has no output, during battle scenes or something else?

Last edited:
Reactions: Karpaccho

Karpaccho

Jun 29, 2018
Just saw the message, will have a look at updating the patch again... Hopefully it isn't nothing major...

EDIT: Updated patch to work with v1.09. Hopefully nothing breaks? I did a diff and there doesn't seem to by any major changes, so I'm kinda unsure what was the change in the first place.

P.S. If there is no image output, I'm actually curious where has no output, during battle scenes or something else?
Just checked new patch. Image output is working, but without any translation.
P.S. In previous update of js and data no images were shown(map sprites, characters). Game inteface like inventory menu and game menu worked as intended except images.
Problems can be seen outright from the start(no backgound in new game/load menu). I didn't check battles bacause I can see anything. With old patch: 1700580403147.png
1700580442885.png
1700580467228.png
With update:
1700580586728.png
1700580609779.png

Last edited: