3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Yeah..I did have that problem with another game with excessively long folder names though.
hmmm, might be the case that win 10 can work with longer file names than win 7 does? that said, i'm not a programmer or so so i'm just guessing into the blue.

i'm running quite often into such file name problems... especially when i'm downloading at hentaibedta.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Also there appears to be a 3rd folder...why the fuck are there 3 folders?? only need 1 main game folder.
That's an issue with the leaked version being compressed like that, the official one doesn't have this issue.
Unfortunately can't do anything to prevent the issue you had, I always unzip games in "c:\games" folder as this usually happens when games get unzipped in the "Documents and Settings" folder or similar.

I'm glad you started the game and thanks for posting the issue, it's very annoying when people delete their pledge with "Game doesn't even start!" motivation and they never actually bothered to tell me about the issue, since I assure you the game starts very well :D

Have fun! :D

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
That's an issue with the leaked version being compressed like that, the official one doesn't have this issue.
Unfortunately can't do anything to prevent the issue you had, I always unzip games in "c:\games" folder as this usually happens when games get unzipped in the "Documents and Settings" folder or similar.

I'm glad you started the game and thanks for posting the issue, it's very annoying when people delete their pledge with "Game doesn't even start!" motivation and they never actually bothered to tell me about the issue, since I assure you the game starts very well :D

Have fun! :D
I see....I was just curious about the 2 extra folders. I've had this problem with other leaked games and the the error is actually pretty self explanatory and easy to figure out what the problem was. Not just with games but other stuff with funky and excessively long file names. Your game starts up fine for me...most ppl are too lazy figure out what their problems are and flood here requesting help and some just aren't familiar with this kind of stuff. I usually try to figure out what my problem is before I start nagging for help lol.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

Hi guys.

As General Practitioner grows in content and gameplay features I'm also designing the whole game balance in terms of money gain/loss, energy gain/loss and stats gain/loss.

Since the game covers a full year and repeatable events are a large part of the gameplay experience (thus you shall expect more variety in them in future updates as well), they need to be designed in a way that discourages abuse and grinding as much as possible.

GP was never intended to be a grindy game, even though early releases had some grind on them because of lack of contents. I'm aiming to make a game similar in concept to "Persona", where you can do many fun things wandering around town while increasing your stats.

Then the "Energy Stat" comes in handy to have the player live a "normal life" as the Doctor and not going every moment to the clinic or to the gym without resting even a bit. :)

Doing activities will cost you energy as it follows:

- Work at the clinic/hospital: 35 energy

- Go to the beach: 15 energy

- Go to Ray's: 10 energy

- Go to the Gym/Pool: 10 energy first time, 40 energy when you train

- Miranda's L'Antica Gelateria: 5 energy

- Cinema: 15 energy

- Study: 15 energy

You can refill your energy via these activities:

- Bowling (5 energy)

- SPA (20 energy)

- Massage Parlor (+5/+20 energy)

- Relax at home (+10 energy)

- Choosing Vanilla and Chocolate icecream at Miranda's (+5 energy)

- By technicians/administrative personnel work (+5/+10 energy)

- Sleeping (+75 energy)

Of course remember the game is in Alpha, this means your feedback is essential to balance the experience. Ragequitting because "Energy mechanic is fucking outbalanced" without telling me about the issue won't help the game's development and will uselessly ruin your fun. Nothing to gain about it, isn't it? :D

Be safe and healthy,

Reactions: David87

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
/cut/

- Go to Ray's: 10 energy

/cut/
Only -10? Shouldn't it be at least -50? Remembering Ray's drinks' quality :D

And you forgot that Doctor could use the medication from Clinic as a condition normalizer after spending a night at Ray's ;)

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Oh, that I really don't remember... You sure we're talking about the same game? :D
Wha-aa-t? I have heard there's Staff Positions open in Clinic. One of those is of course Pharmacist. Or have you forgotten that deal those Pharmacy Industrialists offered: You recommend our products, guide patients to buy them and we keep you well-supplied with whatever you need... :D And Doctor of course can't dig the meds from various drawers in examination room. It gives slightly shady impression. But seriously speaking: Adding Pharmacist isn't bad idea. Just think chronic patients and their need of surveillance. And of course supplying the medication as a part of treatment of chronic conditions is a good way to boost the finances too. And what's wrong if Doc takes some painkillers to kill effects of night:angel:.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Oh yes, of course. That will be a very nice part of the game, just need a little more time to properly develop it :D

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

0.0.17 will expand many stories

Many of you will surely remember the picture above. It was one of the most meaningful moments of the Doctor's relationship with his relative.

That moment won't stay the only one for long.

In the upcoming update 0.0.17 "Our Clinic My Family" coming out for 20$ patrons on August 30th, that story will expand with a long chapter (one of the longest released yet). Main features of the story chapter in 0.0.17 are:

* Expand the story with your relative. Conversations will change accordingly to your choices in past chapters. You will deepen your bond with her and unlock her path even more!

* Explore the mistery of the dead girl from another point of view. The story will play differently from Erika's path completely, even if the mistery will revolve around the same event.

* Meet Christina, a new romantic interest. She's quite different from every character introduced until now and your relative won't like her presence at all. Maybe that will change something in your relationship with her?

* Explore the with Christina in a way similar to Rita's, Elisa and other romances

* Enjoy new sexy scenes with Christina if you choose to go on with her

* Play 10 new conversations with Christina at Ray's and understand her character more.

This is just a little part of the new additions introduced in 0.0.17!
After the latest update, 0.0.16 introduced so much in terms of gameplay, I'm sure you'll like this update even more!

If you're still not a Patron and you wish to support the game's development this is a very good time since with 20$ you will access this month's 0.0.17 update when it's ready and the already released 0.0.16 "Our Clinic My Legacy" update as well!

If you already are a Patron you have my deepest thanks, this won't be possible at all without your envaluable support!

Hope to hear feedbacks very soon, stay tuned for even MORE news about the upcoming update!

Be safe and healthy!

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes