3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I believe that the most interesting thing about the sister/cousin is that she is attracted by The Doctor, albeit she is aware that their relationship would be seen by society as wrong and that could ruin not only her life, her family and her own daughter, but also the life of the only person in her family she really ever loved.

This is not a sexual relationship, not yet, it's more a trip to discover themselves and how far they can act like an ordinary sibling relationship hiding the affection for each other, which is shown clearly (even though merely hinted) in Vanilla mode and also if you don't play the cousin romance at all, with the only difference that The Doctor's decisions (thus the player's ones) make it easier for both to hide their feelings.

Most incest games I enjoyed come to the point where two people just stop asking questions and have sex again and again, but I personally met two first-grade cousins who are now (legally) married and with children and they said to me that it wasn't an easy feat for them and their families and that it took years just to acknowledge their feelings for each other.

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
@Amedore , @cuteelf can you please try the attached files overwriting them in the "game" directory?

They SHOULD fix the pool minigame and Kiko's father double threat. :)

Please let me know as soon as you try it and thanks in advance!
I´m sorry but the Kiko's father double threat continues after this fix too. I´m using Version 0.16, not the new one.

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
I believe that the most interesting thing about the sister/cousin is that she is attracted by The Doctor, albeit she is aware that their relationship would be seen by society as wrong and that could ruin not only her life, her family and her own daughter, but also the life of the only person in her family she really ever loved.

This is not a sexual relationship, not yet, it's more a trip to discover themselves and how far they can act like an ordinary sibling relationship hiding the affection for each other, which is shown clearly (even though merely hinted) in Vanilla mode and also if you don't play the cousin romance at all, with the only difference that The Doctor's decisions (thus the player's ones) make it easier for both to hide their feelings.

Most incest games I enjoyed come to the point where two people just stop asking questions and have sex again and again, but I personally met two first-grade cousins who are now (legally) married and with children and they said to me that it wasn't an easy feat for them and their families and that it took years just to acknowledge their feelings for each other.
Incest is exciting (in a game, obviously, not RL) because it´s a taboo. And, if it's a taboo, it must feel like a taboo in the game.
If the characters just think "I'm an hormonal teenager and my mom is hot, I'm going to fuck her" or "I´m a middle aged woman sexualy frustrated and my son is hot, I'm going to fuck him", as happens in A LOT of games, it's just stupid.

I agree, in characters must be some fight and struggle between feelings and desires on one side, and psychological barriers and social rules on the other. Also, once the taboo is broken and the incest is consumed, it´s logical there is a mix of relief, fear and remorse, among others feelings.

Nuno noojo

Sep 28, 2017
Whenever trying to open the game I just get an error on Notepad, so game doesnt even load. It says something about wrong folder directory..

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Development on General Practitioner goes on smoothly.

Today I'm going to introduce you the new features of 0.0.18 release, which will be officially announced in a few days.

A new interview with Dr. Kirkman has been added when starting a game. The game will ask you to answer some questions related to real issues that GP's worldwide have to deal with. According to your answers the game will boost or decrease the doctor's stats when starting a new game. This reflects the Doctor's life before he joined St. Mary's and gives some background to the character as well.

You can completely skip this interview and start with the standard stats of course.

You will notice that starting money also increased to 5000 (from 50). This will aid you in an easier management of the clinic in the early game and also aims to balance the difficulty of the game.

Another addition you might like is the introduction of "Sexual Dates" with your (scripted) patients! Starting with Clara you will access a "mini-romance" date similar to the ones you make with major characters. If you play the exam and earn a "GOOD" standing with the patient you may have him/her meet you and start a conversation. Flirt with them, harass them or be kind and according to their character they might end in bed with you.

But be aware that every choice has consequences, even those involving affairs with your patients. Also, remember to stay fit and take care of yourself, because some people might not like an unfit or ugly doctor in the first place. Unlocking those scenes will show you new sexual interactions and events in the game.

Please send me your feedback of the game and its new features, it's of outmost importance that YOU, the community after General Practitioner, have a say in this!

Be safe and healthy,

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
A note about the management part: the daily reports about the personal of the clinic are a bit chaotic and tiresome. The temptation of skipping fast those reports and just read the last one to see if the clinic has earned money or not, is big. Maybe those daily reports could be presented reunited in just one screen arranged in a data table, maybe sorted by departments, so they could be seen at a glance. Also, I think that just a weekly report could be better than two reports every day, and realistic.

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
Any chance you can give a knockout drug to a patient considering the premise of the game and then later have sex with the corpse I mean body.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
A note about the management part: the daily reports about the personal of the clinic are a bit chaotic and tiresome. The temptation of skipping fast those reports and just read the last one to see if the clinic has earned money or not, is big. Maybe those daily reports could be presented reunited in just one screen arranged in a data table, maybe sorted by departments, so they could be seen at a glance. Also, I think that just a weekly report could be better than two reports every day, and realistic.
This is an excellent idea! I shall make arrangements to do that.

Reactions: Amedore and David87

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Any chance you can give a knockout drug to a patient considering the premise of the game and then later have sex with the corpse I mean body.
Nope, not going to happen.
First because the game isn't intended to display non consensual sex, and second because of Patreon/Steam/other rules against it. Sorry 'bout that.

cuteelf

Jul 30, 2018
Yes, reports in one screen is a good idea, just pls keep them daily, not weekly - its good to know what happens every day and react if someone is getting you into too much trouble^^

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
my computer hates most of my games..my computer thinks i'm a depraved pagan bastard who only has time for his peepee...my computer is a 73 year old nun...

Oct 14, 2017
@Amedore , @cuteelf can you please try the attached files overwriting them in the "game" directory?

They SHOULD fix the pool minigame and Kiko's father double threat. :)

Please let me know as soon as you try it and thanks in advance!
Out of curiousity, I compared the decompiled source for pool_minigame_2 from the game as-is, and your provided rpyc, and they were identical? Was there supposed to be some change in there? I don't get an error, but instead if the reload actually completes it's like it's entering a debug or profiling mode. Maybe only because I'm running the compressed copy of the game that might have developer config enabled? The "reloading..." seems to be a developer mode thing, it's like the game is somehow thinking ctrl+r was pressed. From the code though, I can't see why.

I disabled developer config, game\options.rpy config.developer = False, and now the pool minigame completes fine, but looking at this code, if you win it never actually gives you the clinic fame or $500, and similarly if you lose you never lose the $100. So for now, it's better to say no to the event anyways as winning gains you nothing but time advancing, but saying no at least gives you the charm increase.

Reactions: Bruni Multimedia

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Out of curiousity, I compared the decompiled source for pool_minigame_2 from the game as-is, and your provided rpyc, and they were identical? Was there supposed to be some change in there? I don't get an error, but instead if the reload actually completes it's like it's entering a debug or profiling mode. Maybe only because I'm running the compressed copy of the game that might have developer config enabled? The "reloading..." seems to be a developer mode thing, it's like the game is somehow thinking ctrl+r was pressed. From the code though, I can't see why.

I disabled developer config, game\options.rpy config.developer = False, and now the pool minigame completes fine, but looking at this code, if you win it never actually gives you the clinic fame or $500, and similarly if you lose you never lose the $100. So for now, it's better to say no to the event anyways as winning gains you nothing but time advancing, but saying no at least gives you the charm increase.
Developer config is disabled in the compiled version.
Yeah, you're right as both files are identical, I just changed the file enconding to UTF-8 with Notepad since it looked like an issue on that part, maybe something text-editor related since the code works fine.
Rewards were missing, but since I decided to remove the minigame that's hardly a matter right now.

I still wonder what the fucking UTF-8 issue is...

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes