3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
:) Question and suggestion: What is the point of forcing the player to type in the computer ID of patients like (3831971048) o_O ? Why to force the player to look for those ID with TEN digits, note it in a paper, and then, type it in the computer:unsure: ? Wouldn't be easier for the player to look for patients just by the name or a simple ID easy to remember and type like "F02" (Female patient nº 02) or something like that ;)?

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
thanks, your suggestion seems to be working. I still run into an occasional error, but much more rarely, and the game is a lot more playable now.
You need to say 'Thank You' to @Bruni Multimedia , not me: I'm just attaching his Bug Fix -files...

Edit: And if you run to some error why don't you copy Error Report and Post it here? Just remember to put it into a Spoiler to avoid Text Wall. You can Insert a Spoiler from icon right next to :) on right in Post Draft....

Last edited:

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
:) Question and suggestion: What is the point of forcing the player to type in the computer ID of patients like (3831971048) o_O ? Why to force the player to look for those ID with TEN digits, note it in a paper, and then, type it in the computer:unsure: ? Wouldn't be easier for the player to look for patients just by the name or a simple ID easy to remember and type like "F02" (Female patient nº 02) or something like that ;)?
Because it's for Steam Workshop's compatibility.
Each player will have the option to write down their own exam. Each patient has to have an unique ID to call labels in Ren'py else the game won't start at all. Shorter descriptions are likely to be repeated unbeknownst to the modder, hence the 10 digit ID which is very unlikely to have duplicates (and if it has, just like every modded game with incompatible mods it needs to be updated by the modder himself).

Of course I'll advice modders not to use 0000000001 for their patient but to write random numbers as ID's.

There's also the in-game issue as to "how to play a modded examination". Unless I specifically know which label to call I can't execute it. By using the ID's I can make players input the code of the examination they download and call "Pxxxxxxxxxx_exam" label to bypass this issue.

It might be easier to copypaste the ID, I'm working on it, but since the Workshop compatibility is still an experiment I will do that in future updates, if possible (didn't check ren'py cookbook yet about this).

Reactions: Amedore

2GM/c2

Dec 18, 2016
Guys I don't know how to explain that these issues come from this forum's releases (especially the now removed compressed version as per its author's own admission).

The release has been played by hundreds (hundreds) of paying patrons without all those issues. If I really released something so buggy or unplayable, since they PAY for it I'd be facing a turmoil right now, which I am not.

I cannot help you with something already stated, some bugs (those who I made) are fixed, some are not. If you wish to try the game I advice you to have official links only, at least if they don't work you can safely blame me at least.
Can also confirm I get the same patent exam (Fanny) looping endlessly at the clinic.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

#5 fixes that. You need to install every one of them to work though, in the correct sequence.

Last edited:

Ulfgar

Jul 11, 2018
I'm on May 27, and I keep getting the hospital scene with Fanny and Staphany. Is there a way to get over this?

zion2376

Dec 4, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

General Practitioner [v0.0.19 Alpha] [Bruni Multimedia] - Original Size: 1.30GB

Download PC/Mac (200MB): Broken - working on fix....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
waiting for the fix ... thanks

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
It seems the waiting room is unlocked too soon and there are patients at the beginning of the game that are examined with the help of doctors that haven't been hired yet.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
It seems the waiting room is unlocked too soon and there are patients at the beginning of the game that are examined with the help of doctors that haven't been hired yet.
Yeah. I noticed that myself...
The waiting room with choosable patients received mixed feedback, some also say that it's unrealistic that a doctor can choose which patient to examine and I agree with it.
It was something similar as Legacy Games did with Emergency Room games, at least it wanted to be like that, but it's more trouble than it's worth since players don't seem to like it that much either.

I'll think about this and then decide what to do with this feature as it was merely a gameplay experiment...

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
Too many crashes and errors to progress. I just started, and I've had to rollback a couple of times. I just opened up the waiting room and was selecting a patient when the game completely crashed. I'm going to put this one on hold and see if things get cleaned up a bit.

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
Congrats on your great game Bruni, I'm sure it must be a looooot of work!
I remember playing this when Borelli was introduced (so it's been a long time). Any new content for her? Is she romanceable?

Too many crashes and errors to progress. I just started, and I've had to rollback a couple of times. I just opened up the waiting room and was selecting a patient when the game completely crashed. I'm going to put this one on hold and see if things get cleaned up a bit.
Did you try @partanen & Bruni's fix (first post on this page)? It seems it has worked for some members.

Last edited:

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
Congrats on your great game Bruni, I'm sure it must be a looooot of work!
I remember playing this when Borelli was introduced (so it's been a long time). Any new content for her? Is she romanceable?

Did you try @partanen & Bruni's fix (first post on this page)? It seems it has worked for some members.
I'll give a look. Download all three of them? Put them where?

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
@mgtoons @yep10
They need to be installed in the proper order. Latest release (0.0.19_7 available on Steam) already includes all fixes plus a few more, it will be available on Patreon as well soon enough.

If you did download the compressed version BEFORE it was removed those issues are not mine to address to, sorry about that. :(

Also, the release has been available both on Steam and on Patreon for a month, and only here I get so many bug reports, most on gameplay that won't crash on normal releases. It's arguable that if paying players get so many bugs I'd have a real nightmare to face, which I haven't (just the normal software development's administration, which of course does include a number of fixes on a project that large).

You can safely download the Steam release and, if it doesn't suit you, you can ask for a refund according to Steam's refund policies. That way you'll ensure to have every update the moment it gets released ;)

The game will be available on sale a few days before Christmas, so you can grab it by then to save some money, I'm not suggesting this out of greed but I'm trying to give you the best support which is increasingly difficult to offer on unofficial releases.

Also, @yep10 unfortunately there's no more content with Borelli right now, but it is planned. I'm considering the best way to develop her character since while she won't be a main romanceable one she's one of my favourite and deserves to be treated properly (pun intended) :D

Last edited:
Reactions: yep10

Doc_Odd

Jun 15, 2017
Since one of the things I'm most interested in doing with this game is malpractice with an assortment of female patients, I'm more than a little disappointed that it only seems to let me do examinations of underage or prescripted patients (and the prescripted patients seem to be less frequent than the last time I played the game; maybe they've been pushed later and I just haven't gotten to them?) When will there be random adult women for me to molest treat?

Beanie

Aug 20, 2017
Other ones stuck in the game ? Each evening i have the same repeat that my sister is jealous with Christina from the bar , end of september , because of this i can't go further in the game , have already downloaded the non compresse version here agin but didnt help

Last edited:

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Since one of the things I'm most interested in doing with this game is malpractice with an assortment of female patients, I'm more than a little disappointed that it only seems to let me do examinations of underage or prescripted patients (and the prescripted patients seem to be less frequent than the last time I played the game; maybe they've been pushed later and I just haven't gotten to them?) When will there be random adult women for me to molest treat?
Somewhere in between 0.0.21 and 0.0.23 random exams will feature adults and elders as well. I'm uncertain as to what you mean by "malpractice" since you won't be able to actually exploit patients, at least not with long-lasting effects on gameplay except some changes not directly related to any exam.

Other ones stuck in the game ? Each evening i have the same repeat that my sister is jealous with Christina from the bar , end of september , because of this i can't go further in the game , have already downloaded the non compresse version here agin but didnt help
This is the end of content.
Latest patch (#7) fixes two issues which are not "bugs" in the exact meaning of the term: the first one is that you can reach the end of the actual content in September just like you did, when instead it was intended for players to reach it in early/mid november. The second one is the loop you were experiencing that is now been solved because even if it was the end of the content it might have caused some confusion.
Finally there was a (very) rare case in which progress was halted throughout the game if you made certain choices. That was fixed as well.

Reactions: Beanie

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
I'm in a loop in october with Claudia, repeating the investigation with the security recordings, and can't reach the new content with her. Also, I´m in a loop with Christina and can't have dinner with her. I remember that I had the same issues last update too.
I'm not actually interested in the part of medical simulation (I skip all examinations I can), the part of management and dating simulation (grindy and boring), the quests (confusing and incomplete) and I'm not interested in the story of any of the characters except Claudia (kind of curious about her), but I can't reach all the contents with her because of bugs... I think that I'm done with this game for a while. I spend too much time with it for such a small reward and fun. Maybe when the game is more mature in a few months, it will be more playable.

Also, apparently it's needed to date with Rita in order of getting the contents with Claudia, so I dated with her... Well, it seems the 3D model of Rita has changed in some images and now she seems to be like 12 years old or so. It doesn't matter in games in which all the characters are cartoonish childish, like japanese ones, since those games are not realistic, but this game is supposed to be realistic, and I feel weird playing like an adult man and "dating" with a character that looks so young even if she's supposed not to be underaged.

Last edited:

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I'm in a loop in october with Claudia, repeating the investigation with the security recordings, and can't reach the new content with her. Also, I´m in a loop with Christina and can't have dinner with her. I remember that I had the same issues last update too.
I'm not actually interested in the part of medical simulation (I skip all examinations I can), the part of management and dating simulation (grindy and boring), the quests (confusing and incomplete) and I'm not interested in the story of any of the characters except Claudia (kind of curious about her), but I can't reach all the contents with her because of bugs... I think that I'm done with this game for a while. I spend too much time with it for such a small reward and fun. Maybe when the game is more mature in a few months, it will be more playable.

Also, apparently it's needed to date with Rita in order of getting the contents with Claudia, so I dated with her... Well, it seems the 3D model of Rita has changed in some images and now she seems to be like 12 years old or so. It doesn't matter in games in which all the characters are cartoonish childish, like japanese ones, since those games are not realistic, but this game is supposed to be realistic, and I feel weird playing like an adult man and "dating" with a character that looks so young even if she's supposed not to be underaged.
That happened because I switched Rita's character from Direct3d to Nvidia Iray for better quality. For some reason it also changed her skin mapping making her look younger than she is... This is indeed bad and she will be re-rendered as soon as I can.

As for Claudia's loop it has been fixed in the latest release both on Patreon and on Steam. It's available either there or when someone (if someone) will leak it here. Christina's loop all the same, it was dealt with in update #6, which is not available on this site yet.

Finally about Claudia's contents... they are still in development and will be developed even more in "Merry Christmas" update next month. It's not mandatory to date Rita to unlock her scenes, at least it is for "some" of her scenes, but are those who only play if you chose Rita as your romance. The goal is to make every important romance intertwine with the others, so it's perfectly normal not to be able to unlock every scene of a given girl in a single playthrough. This will be more true as the game progresses.

Thank you very much for your help, very appreciated! ;)

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes