3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
All you have to do in order to use his bug-fix files is delete the .rpy files with the same filename after you overwrite the .rpyc files. So if the zip file provided "exam_screens.rpyc" then you'd delete "exam_screens.rpy" and then overwrite the existing "exam_screens.rpyc" with the bugfixed one.

I realize this is an extra step, but certainly doesn't make the bugfixes incompatible with the compressed version of the game.
Yeah, however I learned (the hard way) that many people don't have the proper skills (or are even willing at all) to follow complex instructions to apply a fix for a game (and it would surprise you how the definition for "complex" is quite large in its chains). I also understand it's not your game and you wouldn't bother deleting the .rpy files yourself before releasing it, still the game which "crashes everytime" becomes mine and this becomes very bad publicity especially for new users attracted to the game for the first time.

Bugs, real ones, are my problem of course, but my fix-release rate is pretty high so it's an issue I can address. Even reading bug reports and replying to them for releases I don't personally make takes time, and since I work alone this is time I sometimes don't have, still I have to reply otherwise people would think I'm the usual "patron-milker" who sooner or later delivers crap for money.

I'm not sure I can explain this in a comprehensible way, I'd certainly fare better explaining it in italian, but I believe you got the point.
I'm not criticizing your work nor I'm saying you're sabotaging the game, I'm only saying that your release isn't mine and I'm not responsible and neither I have time to fix yours. And this message is more for other people than for yourself who I'm sure understand this well ;)

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
There is another bug where it goes to the Fanny Pregnancy event and I can't get new patients since it always loops to that one
Found it, it wasn't a Fanny's bug but a Robyn's one. Robyn started Fanny's exam instead (wrong ID number given) and since you never actually "meet her" (the variable who tells the game to go over her exam) it started again and again. About to post a fixed release on Patreon and a fix file here as well.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Here's the fix:

- Fixed an issue with Katia exam not starting properly when selected from the clinic's "Exam Room"
- Fixed an issue with Robyn's exam starting Fanny's one instead
- Fixed an issue with Random Exams crashing on some occasions
- Changed the conversation with Vanessa in Ray's Bar during her event to make it coherent with choices in the "Joy Festival" chapter

Rafaelhiv

Feb 21, 2018
Nice game.

But i lost -3 fame in every session, even when i got a message it was a perfect exame.
Im playing .19version history mode.

thanks

love10

Jan 21, 2018
Excuse me guys,,it shows error whenever i select a patient from the waiting room,is there a bugfix available for it?

Last edited:

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Nice game.

But i lost -3 fame in every session, even when i got a message it was a perfect exame.
Im playing .19version history mode.

thanks
About to post a fix for this. Thanks.

Excuse me guys,,it shows error whenever i select a patient from the waiting room,is there a bugfix available for it?
I need more infos about the error. Can you post the error log? Otherwise it's a bit vague...

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/clinic_choice.rpy", line 430, in script call
    call screen buttonclinic
    call screen buttonclinic
  File "game/rep_teen_male.rpy", line 53, in script call
    call rep_load_anamnesi from _call_rep_load_anamnesi
  File "game/rep_children_female.rpy", line 60, in script call
    call rep_load_anamnesi from _call_rep_load_anamnesi_2
  File "game/rep_children_male.rpy", line 53, in script call
    call rep_load_anamnesi from _call_rep_load_anamnesi_1
  File "game/anne_1.rpy", line 20, in script
    call screen anne_1_exam_interface
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/exam_screens.rpy", line 69, in execute
    screen anne_1_exam_interface:
  File "game/exam_screens.rpy", line 70, in execute
    fixed:
  File "game/exam_screens.rpy", line 113, in execute
    if e6_done == 0:
  File "game/exam_screens.rpy", line 114, in execute
    imagebutton auto "ui/heart_%s.png" xpos 713 ypos 23 action ui.ChoiceJump("anne_1_heart_exam","anne_1_heart_exam", location=None, block_all=None) focus_mask True tooltip("{color=#ffffff}Vital Signs")
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'ui/heart_%s.png').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    call screen buttonclinic
    call screen buttonclinic
  File "game/rep_teen_male.rpy", line 53, in script call
    call rep_load_anamnesi from _call_rep_load_anamnesi
  File "game/rep_children_female.rpy", line 60, in script call
    call rep_load_anamnesi from _call_rep_load_anamnesi_2
  File "game/anne_1.rpy", line 20, in script
    call screen anne_1_exam_interface
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\ast.py", line 1859, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\ast.py", line 1847, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\statements.py", line 179, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\exports.py", line 2724, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\display\core.py", line 3049, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\display\core.py", line 521, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\display\core.py", line 521, in visit_all
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\display\core.py", line 3049, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/exam_screens.rpy", line 70, in execute
    fixed:
  File "game/exam_screens.rpy", line 113, in execute
    if e6_done == 0:
  File "game/exam_screens.rpy", line 114, in execute
    imagebutton auto "ui/heart_%s.png" xpos 713 ypos 23 action ui.ChoiceJump("anne_1_heart_exam","anne_1_heart_exam", location=None, block_all=None) focus_mask True tooltip("{color=#ffffff}Vital Signs")
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\ui.py", line 929, in _imagebutton
    idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
  File "H:\New folder\11-14-2018\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market-crunched\renpy\ui.py", line 923, in choice
    raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'ui/heart_%s.png').

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
General Practitioner 0.0.19_002
Thu Nov 15 21:09:29 2018
[/CODE]

this is also showing up as an error....sry if these posts are taking up too much space in the forum...havent really used this much before
I suggest you use the spoiler function m8

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
@love10 unfortunately it looks like the "compressed" version is lacking some files.

I already posted something about it here:

I advice you to download either the uncompressed one or the official ones from either Steam, Itch.io, Gamejolt or Patreon (3$+ patrons will get the update in 2 days).

love10

Jan 21, 2018
@love10 unfortunately it looks like the "compressed" version is lacking some files.

I advice you to download either the uncompressed one or the official ones from either Steam, Itch.io, Gamejolt or Patreon (3$+ patrons will get the update in 2 days).

i see,sorry to have bothered you,and thanks :)

I suggest you use the spoiler function m8

will do from now on,thanks :)

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
All you have to do in order to use his bug-fix files is delete the .rpy files with the same filename after you overwrite the .rpyc files. So if the zip file provided "exam_screens.rpyc" then you'd delete "exam_screens.rpy" and then overwrite the existing "exam_screens.rpyc" with the bugfixed one.

I realize this is an extra step, but certainly doesn't make the bugfixes incompatible with the compressed version of the game.
That's true of course, but I wasn't referring to the bug fixes, but to this statement by Bruni:

This would mean that the compressed version is corrupted beyond the bug fixes, my question was basically whether you planned to check if there are really files missing in it.
Thanks.

Reactions: bas

MafiaTaco

Feb 17, 2018
For someone who has not played this game due to it seeming complex is it still worth the effort to get into it now or is it hard to start due to that fact..?

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
That's true of course, but I wasn't referring to the bug fixes, but to this statement by Bruni:

This would mean that the compressed version is corrupted beyond the bug fixes, my question was basically whether you planned to check if there are really files missing in it.
Thanks.
I totally missed that. Will check and see what happened.

Reactions: botc76

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I just saw that. The correcte exam is "extremities" which you can click, however the game doesn't correctly recognize it. This fix will be applied in 0.0.13 as it isn't game breaking. Thanks.
Just wondering (I didn't read through the whole thread) if this was actually fixed in 0.0.13 or is still a known issue and postponed. Because I noticed the same problem (the game not recognizing that examining Karen Wood's extremities as the legs and thus making you lose 4 points) in 0.0.19-4.

Mar 1, 2018
Here's the fix:

- Fixed an issue with Katia exam not starting properly when selected from the clinic's "Exam Room"
- Fixed an issue with Robyn's exam starting Fanny's one instead
- Fixed an issue with Random Exams crashing on some occasions
- Changed the conversation with Vanessa in Ray's Bar during her event to make it coherent with choices in the "Joy Festival" chapter
This fix didn't work, at least for me. When I finish Nolans exam, Robyns exam keeps repeating, instead of Fannys, at Seattle hospital (infinite loop that prevents other events there from starting)

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 53 Votes