3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Amedore

Jul 6, 2018
As for Claudia's loop it has been fixed in the latest release both on Patreon and on Steam. It's available either there or when someone (if someone) will leak it here. Christina's loop all the same, it was dealt with in update #6, which is not available on this site yet.

;)
I have been playing with version 0.19_6, not available on this site as you say, and I have been having those issues with Christina. I can't send a savegame since I have deleted the game from my HD, sorry.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I have been playing with version 0.19_6, not available on this site as you say, and I have been having those issues with Christina. I can't send a savegame since I have deleted the game from my HD, sorry.
Oh, that's too bad.
I'll try to re-do the exact event sequence that led to this issue and see what's missing. I hope someone else will report this eventually, it would be a huge help to understand what's wrong.

The issue is that with every branch and situations sometimes picking the right choices to trigger a bug is hard :(

Last edited:

Vaalisg66

May 22, 2018
So I have ran into a problem that is very frustrating and very counter productive. When examining patients, it doesn't give me all the exam options.
An example is a Urinalysis, it wont allow me to do it because the icon doesn't pop up, but than takes away points and money because it says you where not very thorough.
An example would be Bridget: it gives you the option to examine her legs, but it gives me -3 points because I did not examine her Extremities and it says "Your examination was not very thorough. The patient is not satisfied and neither is your wallet."
SO the game punishes you for not doing something it would not allow you to do?
I think all options should be available when examining any patient, if you have the equipment and the means to do it of course.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
So I have ran into a problem that is very frustrating and very counter productive. When examining patients, it doesn't give me all the exam options.
An example is a Urinalysis, it wont allow me to do it because the icon doesn't pop up, but than takes away points and money because it says you where not very thorough.
An example would be Bridget: it gives you the option to examine her legs, but it gives me -3 points because I did not examine her Extremities and it says "Your examination was not very thorough. The patient is not satisfied and neither is your wallet."
SO the game punishes you for not doing something it would not allow you to do?
I think all options should be available when examining any patient, if you have the equipment and the means to do it of course.
Mmh, yes and no. While the Bridget issue you reported might be an oversight, in other exams when an exam is not available you're not getting points (bonus or malus) for doing/not doing it (shows as "n/a" on the screen).

That's in fact for two reasons:
1- Make the game less "trial and error" by giving a limited number of coherent exams to perform (useless to perform an urinalysis on a patient who came for a ingrown nail for example).
2- Facilitate the players in acknowledging which exams are needed in certain situations and which aren't. It's similar to point #1 in fact.

Plus, while examinations affect your score in a visible way the same is true about conversations with the patients, which are not shown on the examination review but still increase/decrease your score. This is also intended since many times a doctor faces an angry/unsatisfied patient even though he honestly thinks he did all he could. This behavior was suggested to me by my friend and collaborator who's a real doctor and I put it into the game this way.

Vaalisg66

May 22, 2018
Mmh, yes and no. While the Bridget issue you reported might be an oversight, in other exams when an exam is not available you're not getting points (bonus or malus) for doing/not doing it (shows as "n/a" on the screen).

That's in fact for two reasons:
1- Make the game less "trial and error" by giving a limited number of coherent exams to perform (useless to perform an urinalysis on a patient who came for a ingrown nail for example).
2- Facilitate the players in acknowledging which exams are needed in certain situations and which aren't. It's similar to point #1 in fact.

Plus, while examinations affect your score in a visible way the same is true about conversations with the patients, which are not shown on the examination review but still increase/decrease your score. This is also intended since many times a doctor faces an angry/unsatisfied patient even though he honestly thinks he did all he could. This behavior was suggested to me by my friend and collaborator who's a real doctor and I put it into the game this way.
Thank you for the response. I totally agree with most of what you said, can see it is easier for most people. But, I am probably unique on this aspect, I like all options available because the challenge of "trial and error." The conversations I keep professional, or joking for the ones that need to lighten the mood, and I usually don't ask the redundant questions or the ones where you hit on the patient. Though I originally downloaded this because of the sexual content...I have became immersed in the challenge of actually playing the doctor. I really like the game.

Also, I have seen some patients more than once for the same thing...most resent example is Fanny and her mother every morning for 3 days straight. It sometimes pops up even if I click Choose Next Patient, by visiting the exam room, rather than clicking on Perform next exam in line.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Thank you for the response. I totally agree with most of what you said, can see it is easier for most people. But, I am probably unique on this aspect, I like all options available because the challenge of "trial and error." The conversations I keep professional, or joking for the ones that need to lighten the mood, and I usually don't ask the redundant questions or the ones where you hit on the patient. Though I originally downloaded this because of the sexual content...I have became immersed in the challenge of actually playing the doctor. I really like the game.

Also, I have seen some patients more than once for the same thing...most resent example is Fanny and her mother every morning for 3 days straight. It sometimes pops up even if I click Choose Next Patient, by visiting the exam room, rather than clicking on Perform next exam in line.
That was a known issue that's been fixed in the latest update (Fanny's one).

You aren't always right on don't hit patients. Some of them quite enjoy it in fact and could help you to come closer to them even if you just flirt a bit. Everyone's different so your behavior while on the exam room should be different as well. That's the spirit of the game :D

Reactions: Vaalisg66

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
General Practitioner 0.0.19. with 7th Fix added:

Reactions: keer

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Got this error when clicked at Exam menu on the top of the screen, at the very begining of the game.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 176, in script
    jump expression _game_menu_screen
ScriptError: could not find label 'codex_screen'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "F:\Downloads_ff\General_Practitioner_v_0019_Alpha_by_Bruni_Multimedia\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market\renpy\ast.py", line 1631, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "F:\Downloads_ff\General_Practitioner_v_0019_Alpha_by_Bruni_Multimedia\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
General Practitioner 0.0.19_002
Sat Nov 24 03:16:03 2018

Last edited:

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Got this error when clicked at Exam menu on the top of the screen, at the very begining of the game.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "F:\Downloads_ff\General_Practitioner_v_0019_Alpha_by_Bruni_Multimedia\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market\renpy\ast.py", line 1631, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "F:\Downloads_ff\General_Practitioner_v_0019_Alpha_by_Bruni_Multimedia\General_Practitioner-0.0.19_002-market\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Sat Nov 24 03:16:03 2018

You're about 5 releases behind. Get the newest one on the link posted above your post. :)

Hexxer

Oct 23, 2017
Console not work with version 19.x ? i find nothing in game/renpy/common I found the folder ;) what is the name *.rpy to edit?

Last edited:

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
That happened because I switched Rita's character from Direct3d to Nvidia Iray for better quality. For some reason it also changed her skin mapping making her look younger than she is... This is indeed bad and she will be re-rendered as soon as I can.
Now lets not do anything drastic like changing character models for 1 person that's not even playing your game.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Now lets not do anything drastic like changing character models for 1 person that's not even playing your game.
You misunderstood me, I'm not going to change her model, just to revert the new images back to the first concept art for Rita. There are some images of her where she looks like a doll and not a girl :)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i notice if you do the exam right with the dog bite lad..afterwards you can visit his mom having the option on your phone..is that a one-shot deal that she disappears after the visit and you can never see her again?....pity..because she was actually the hottest..LOL

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Is there a FULL walkthrough available? One that starts on day 1?

Also the old site has a much easier search function. I would have no trouble searching for "Clara" with it. Now I can't figure it out.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Is there a FULL walkthrough available? One that starts on day 1?

Also the old site has a much easier search function. I would have no trouble searching for "Clara" with it. Now I can't figure it out.
How To Search In F95Zone or Desire Will Be Angry GIF.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Domiek

baconater1234

Jun 12, 2018
To bring up the console it is "right shift o". Not zero but o.

Money = denaro_totale = xxx (xxx = amount you want).
charm = xxx
fitness = xxx
knowledge = xxx
sexperience = xxx
fame = xxx
integrity = xxx
siscug_trust = xxx (trust of sister)
patientname_trust = xxx

patientname_ctrust = xxx (Not tested by me yet.) Thanks to @Scrichta for finding it, says its for the heart (Comfort Level).

Replace patientname with the first name of the person you're examining.

All of these are listed several time in this thread.

ADD: Added integrity to the list.
doesnt work for pc

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
You asked for them, they are coming to you.

Very short preview video (concept art) of what's coming up on General Practitioner starting in 2019 before Beta hits the shelves.

This is NOT an in-game video, it's just a concept art for the real thing to be developed.

Enjoy (NSFW)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes