3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
per request, here is my unofficial android port of General Practitioner v0.0.19_007.
users having problems to use the <enter> key on their virtual keyboard, can now use the <Ok> button within the input screen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Chillz

Jun 1, 2017
Anyone else encounter an error during Officer Kenny's session? Also for some reason I can't meet up with Christina after I call her. The avatar on the dialogue box is a little girl named Chloe

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Anyone else encounter an error during Officer Kenny's session? Also for some reason I can't meet up with Christina after I call her. The avatar on the dialogue box is a little girl named Chloe
Can you please post the error log? It's a bit hard without it...

Also, I remember those errors as being reported earlier... While it's possible I overlooked them it's also possible you're playing an old version, hence the need for the error log again.

Thank you very much for your help!

Chillz

Jun 1, 2017
Can you please post the error log? It's a bit hard without it...

Also, I remember those errors as being reported earlier... While it's possible I overlooked them it's also possible you're playing an old version, hence the need for the error log again.

Thank you very much for your help!
Here you go! Hope this helps
As for the Christina issue there is no error log. It just doesn't allow me to meet up with her in the evening and it gives me the wrong name and avatar when I call her

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
@Chillz for the Christina issue, can you send me a savegame? Either here or writing at bugs[at]brunimultimedia.com
Thanks!

Apart from the "Chloe" issue, which is quite clear and was fixed, if you're talking about Christina's dinner date that's still not available yet, so if you're talking about it don't trouble sending the save. I shall add a conversation line to explain the player that's work in progress.
If you're talking about Beach, Bowling or Park dates then by all means it's a bug.

Last edited:

Chillz

Jun 1, 2017
@Chillz for the Christina issue, can you send me a savegame? Either here or writing at bugs[at]brunimultimedia.com
Thanks!

Apart from the "Chloe" issue, which is quite clear and was fixed, if you're talking about Christina's dinner date that's still not available yet, so if you're talking about it don't trouble sending the save. I shall add a conversation line to explain the player that's work in progress.
If you're talking about Beach, Bowling or Park dates then by all means it's a bug.
Here you go 5-4 is when I invite her to dinner, and 5-5 is the start of the phone call

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Yep, that's the dinner date then. It's still not available in the game, it's just that's not quite clear to the player. Thanks!

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Oh alright my bad then. Although I found some cgs of a Christine sex scene. How do I start that event?
Happens randomly if you are high-enough with her relationship and you dated her at least 5 times. After the date the event unlocks. However, since you already hit the dinner-date event that won't trigger anymore until the dinner is served. It also means you weren't high-enough on her relationship.

Next release will have her dinner event ready, so it's a matter of weeks now :)

Chillz

Jun 1, 2017
I've had about 5 playthroughs impressing the hell out of Christina but I can't seem to trigger the random event. Anyone have a Christina save?

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
I'm not sure what to make some of these exams. So I'm doing the case of the drug user Anne. From the dialogue and text I get the message that everything is correct, she's been taking coke with cardiac problems as a result. Urine analysis confirms this and you send her to the hospital and contact social service. Still I get zero examination points and a DISASTER evaluation.

What's up with this?

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I'm not sure what to make some of these exams. So I'm doing the case of the drug user Anne. From the dialogue and text I get the message that everything is correct, she's been taking coke with cardiac problems as a result. Urine analysis confirms this and you send her to the hospital and contact social service. Still I get zero examination points and a DISASTER evaluation.

What's up with this?
Have a look at the examination review, it should tell you which exams you did/not did and the point awarded or lost for each. And let me know if it makes sense, it could be an unwanted behavior as well of course.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
Have a look at the examination review, it should tell you which exams you did/not did and the point awarded or lost for each. And let me know if it makes sense, it could be an unwanted behavior as well of course.
The examination review is empty, despite several steps having been performed.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Hi guys!

No, I'm not gone, on the contrary I'm deep in developing some nice additions you'll experience starting from this week's $5+ Patreon pre-release and in the weeks ahead.

First of all thanks to a new computer I'm now able to process many more images, this also gave me the chance to actually do some consistent progress with releasing both Adult Random Exams and Steam's Workshop Integration as well!
In a few days you'll be given video instructions on how to develop your own medical exam and make other people play it, as well as downloadable files pre-set for accomplishing that!

I also underwent some serious re-development on Random Examinations. I corrected the coding of the exams which was a mess. Since I keep learning about Ren'Py programming and tricks every day I often retrace my steps and improve the coding. That's also helping A LOT in releasing faster content in the future, since I have less code to rewrite all the time (I'll soon release a DEVLOG which will explain my programming techniques for those of you who are interested in this kind of things).

New random exams are less likely to crash, have questions which remain unanswered during the interviews, have less chance to mismatch the pronouns' gender and also had their point-award-system reviewed, so you won't get points from doing/not doing a certain exam (it's very difficult on random ones since you might honestly don't know which problem is from the very beginning). You will be rewarded or penalized based on your anamnesis, prescription and discharge order instead.
This will also be the method to grant points for the "Workshop Exams" for two main reasons:
1- It's not easy for a non-doctor to actually decide if a certain exam is needed or not and in which grade (1 to 5) it is either.
2- This way a modded exam is less likely to penalize players too much, even though very high points awarded are somewhat cheating in some way.
"Scripted exams" will stay the way they are, since players' feedback is supporting them this way even though some complain about exams being too difficult. While some are indeed difficult that's intended as no one ever said a doctor's job ought to be easy.

Finally you'll start to see some "Animated Sex Scenes" in the game, starting with Erika sex scenes and progressing to other characters as well. The plan here is to animate every sex scene in the game with 5-6 animations each and then to add animations to other situations as well. Do not expect a full animated game as this is still a Visual Novel of course, but I'm confident you'll like what's in store for you with animations and the like of them.

Developing all these features is very hard and it's taking me a very long time, that's why 0.0.21 release hasn't been announced yet, but expect it to be ready in January for all Patrons. Trying very hard to release a polished version and this requires A LOT of testing and even then I can't really be sure about the results, since the different choices/consequences in the game are so many, but I'll do my best as I always do.

The features I just described will be released with 0.0.20, except maybe for the Random Exams, which as a matter of fact have been included in 0.0.21 in the recent I posted.

Many people are also asking me about game's translations as well. I don't need to remind you that I have an open Patreon goal for those to start development (3000$). The reason for this is not greediness at all, but a simple math calculation:
a translator asks about 0,03$/word, some even asked me 0,14$/word for translating the game in Japanese. The final game will feature about 700.000 words, so each language will cost me at least 21.000$ to be implemented.
That's why right now the translation project is halted until (and IF) I'll ever reach the patreon goal. You can help me achieve this as you helped me achieve so many goals, spread the word about the game and keep supporting it if you like!
And thank you, thank you very much for taking your time to read through this wall of text.
tl;dr Animations and Steam Workshop are going to be released in a few days!

Be safe and healthy!

Reactions: partanen

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
doctor_car_roadeagle.jpg

The upcoming release of General Practitioner will feature "cars and motorcycles" available for the Doctor to buy and own. While I'm still in the process of balancing cost/effect of each one I can already tell which models will be available at release.

With Cars and Motorcycles you'll be able to choose how the Doctor will move throughout the city. The first effect will be less energy drop when moving of course. The better the car/moto the better effects you'll earn month after month.
Some cars will also unlock special scenese with your romantic interests, so be warned :D

Cars and Motorcycles will feature:
  • Public Transportation System
  • Cheap Car
  • Convertible Car
  • Sports Car
  • Elite Racer
  • Standard Motorcycle
  • Road Eagle Motorcycle (shown in the preview picture).
Owning some particular kind of car will grant you more charm, others will grant you more Fame to the clinic and others some sexperience as well. It's up to you to choose how much you're willing (or are able to) spend to buy a car/moto while also keeping tabs of the clinic's financial status.

I hope you'll enjoy playing the game's update!

Be safe and healthy,

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes