SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
To be honest, the only reason why I tried this game was because I read in the description that you can become a villain. Well, despite that, I was mostly disappointed with evil choices, my general impression about this game is good. It's just probably not for me. I should have expected that knowing that there is the word "love" in the title, "well, who knows? I've seen a lot of games whose title is the exact opposite of its content," I thought to myself. But yep it's mostly lovey-dovey story, and those who claim otherwise, calling it hardcore NTR or other nonsense, are the people who shouldn't play adult games at all, but rather play games with PG13 rating.
Despite that, I was expecting different things from this game, I can say with confidence that the game is very good, and it's easily noticeable that the developer puts a lot of effort into his game. There are drawbacks, of course, and I talk about them below, but the overall impression is that anyone who loves harems and romantic stories should be pleased with this game.

So, the drawbacks. The first one, that I already mentioned, it's an evil path. It seems to me, that the author didn't even want to add such route in the first place. There is not only not much of the choices, but the MC don't have much of the reason to become villain. I could even call him "white knight", but I must admit, the dev did good work on him, and while I usually get bored or annoyed by such characters, this one is written good (as much it is possible for white knight character). At least he didn't make me cringe for his every action. The choices are limited, we don't need to abuse our genex abilities (Lisha quest is a minor exception), to get the things we can't get, in good path. For example, that new guy Adam wasn't afraid to use his power for his own entertainment. But the MC can get everything he wants just by staying a good guy. All girls over him (even the bad ones, like Lisha and Winter), his best friend always come to help him etc. It could have make more sense, if you couldn't get all the girls in one path (if the hero not after the power, then maybe he for the bad girl's pussies, eh?), like Lisha and Winter, who would just view him as a candy-coated kind-hearted hero, not a bad guy who takes whatever he wants even if it doesn't belong to him. And if they wouldn't like him, because that personality is not for their taste, it would make more sense story-wise. Also, they could influence him, try to show him the world on the different angle, so the MC could have reason to switch his side. There is also no serious conflicts are shown where the protagonist struggles with internal contradictions, allowing hero to rethink his views, the only one was at the bridge with Jesus, but I guess it will be only one justification to switch side, as in "The boys" series, where heroes, actually are villains. I could say more, but I think you get my point, the evil side of the hero is not revealed in any way and the villain's route is weakly justified.

Personal reasons. I won't insist on my vision of the perfect game, especially since I can see for whom the game was made. But I'll tell you why I ended up deciding it wasn't for me. Largely because I don't like when, in these games, girls are in love with the main character from the get go. You don't have to do anything, they'll chase you anyway. The plot constantly throws at us incredible situations where, literally, every day one of them gets assaulted, and you have to save them, after that, they fall even more in love with you. Honestly, it's childish, I'm not imposing my opinion, someone may like this, but not me. Another reason is a plot twist
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
which deprived us of the opportunity to live with the consequences.

Minor drawbacks, specifically particular scenes. The scene in which the main character comes home bleeding from a wound on his leg and doesn't even bother to bandage himself. I must say it was really weird, we know that he is gennex, but it's not meaning that we should neglect the fact that legs has large arteries and many large blood vessels, and even if he was lucky and none of his arteries was cut, he still could bleed out to death. After that, when Kate came in and tried to help her idiot, she suggested a rather gross and strange thing at the same time. She wanted to drink his blood and lick his wound, so it won't become infected(!). Should I say that animals and humans saliva are quite different, so it's not the same when they do that? The human mouth is one of the filthiest places in the human body, and it is probably somewhere in second place for the number of bacteria. So if she did what she suggested, it would have likely caused the opposite effect. There would have been many medical options: to use clean water, if there is no alcohol, to bandage the wound with clean clothes until she went to get bandages. All in all, this is all easily can be googled.

Scene in the bridge, when people start insulting MC. I understand the author intention, but IMO, it was executed poorly. The people were in real danger, only complete idiots wouldn't understand that these monsters would kill them in mere minutes if it not was for the hero. I think it could have been done better, if someone accidentally died in the crossfire because of the MC's actions. Like he is not an experienced hero, so he can't wipe them out quickly, or ideally control his ability to not harm any civilians during the fight. The monsters could take hostages and kill them, because of the MC actions etc.

I finished playing yesterday, as I said it's a good game, very stylish, characters are attractive, MC despite his white-knightish personality is not annoying, there is a gameplay (it's simple, but there is room for improvement), writing is pleasant to read, there is violence, which the dev don't afraid to show (it's not that explicit, but compared to other games, it's something), the general course of the story not so good, but it is passable. So if you're thinking if it is worth playing, I advise you to give it a try.

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
Bro I just wanna say I love your games. I've played all of them and still continue to play. You can add all kinds of fetishes to your game (and all of this avoidable), create very good characters and write a good story. And although it is a sandbox, it still does not confuse us. I can find everything I'm looking for in this game. Good luck in your game bro and I hope you don't stop making games.

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
To be honest, the only reason why I tried this game was because I read in the description that you can become a villain. Well, despite that, I was mostly disappointed with evil choices, my general impression about this game is good. It's just probably not for me. I should have expected that knowing that there is the word "love" in the title, "well, who knows? I've seen a lot of games whose title is the exact opposite of its content," I thought to myself. But yep it's mostly lovey-dovey story, and those who claim otherwise, calling it hardcore NTR or other nonsense, are the people who shouldn't play adult games at all, but rather play games with PG13 rating.
Despite that, I was expecting different things from this game, I can say with confidence that the game is very good, and it's easily noticeable that the developer puts a lot of effort into his game. There are drawbacks, of course, and I talk about them below, but the overall impression is that anyone who loves harems and romantic stories should be pleased with this game.

So, the drawbacks. The first one, that I already mentioned, it's an evil path. It seems to me, that the author didn't even want to add such route in the first place. There is not only not much of the choices, but the MC don't have much of the reason to become villain. I could even call him "white knight", but I must admit, the dev did good work on him, and while I usually get bored or annoyed by such characters, this one is written good (as much it is possible for white knight character). At least he didn't make me cringe for his every action. The choices are limited, we don't need to abuse our genex abilities (Lisha quest is a minor exception), to get the things we can't get, in good path. For example, that new guy Adam wasn't afraid to use his power for his own entertainment. But the MC can get everything he wants just by staying a good guy. All girls over him (even the bad ones, like Lisha and Winter), his best friend always come to help him etc. It could have make more sense, if you couldn't get all the girls in one path (if the hero not after the power, then maybe he for the bad girl's pussies, eh?), like Lisha and Winter, who would just view him as a candy-coated kind-hearted hero, not a bad guy who takes whatever he wants even if it doesn't belong to him. And if they wouldn't like him, because that personality is not for their taste, it would make more sense story-wise. Also, they could influence him, try to show him the world on the different angle, so the MC could have reason to switch his side. There is also no serious conflicts are shown where the protagonist struggles with internal contradictions, allowing hero to rethink his views, the only one was at the bridge with Jesus, but I guess it will be only one justification to switch side, as in "The boys" series, where heroes, actually are villains. I could say more, but I think you get my point, the evil side of the hero is not revealed in any way and the villain's route is weakly justified.

Personal reasons. I won't insist on my vision of the perfect game, especially since I can see for whom the game was made. But I'll tell you why I ended up deciding it wasn't for me. Largely because I don't like when, in these games, girls are in love with the main character from the get go. You don't have to do anything, they'll chase you anyway. The plot constantly throws at us incredible situations where, literally, every day one of them gets assaulted, and you have to save them, after that, they fall even more in love with you. Honestly, it's childish, I'm not imposing my opinion, someone may like this, but not me. Another reason is a plot twist
which deprived us of the opportunity to live with the consequences.

Minor drawbacks, specifically particular scenes. The scene in which the main character comes home bleeding from a wound on his leg and doesn't even bother to bandage himself. I must say it was really weird, we know that he is gennex, but it's not meaning that we should neglect the fact that legs has large arteries and many large blood vessels, and even if he was lucky and none of his arteries was cut, he still could bleed out to death. After that, when Kate came in and tried to help her idiot, she suggested a rather gross and strange thing at the same time. She wanted to drink his blood and lick his wound, so it won't become infected(!). Should I say that animals and humans saliva are quite different, so it's not the same when they do that? The human mouth is one of the filthiest places in the human body, and it is probably somewhere in second place for the number of bacteria. So if she did what she suggested, it would have likely caused the opposite effect. There would have been many medical options: to use clean water, if there is no alcohol, to bandage the wound with clean clothes until she went to get bandages. All in all, this is all easily can be googled.

Scene in the bridge, when people start insulting MC. I understand the author intention, but IMO, it was executed poorly. The people were in real danger, only complete idiots wouldn't understand that these monsters would kill them in mere minutes if it not was for the hero. I think it could have been done better, if someone accidentally died in the crossfire because of the MC's actions. Like he is not an experienced hero, so he can't wipe them out quickly, or ideally control his ability to not harm any civilians during the fight. The monsters could take hostages and kill them, because of the MC actions etc.

I finished playing yesterday, as I said it's a good game, very stylish, characters are attractive, MC despite his white-knightish personality is not annoying, there is a gameplay (it's simple, but there is room for improvement), writing is pleasant to read, there is violence, which the dev don't afraid to show (it's not that explicit, but compared to other games, it's something), the general course of the story not so good, but it is passable. So if you're thinking if it is worth playing, I advise you to give it a try.
Hi man, super grateful for your words and I feel you.

Reactions: SharkVampire

Naughty Gamer

Dec 2, 2019
little question, I just update the game and there's "sharing" option in it. Is this sharing between MC and another girl ? or MC with some random guy? and is it avoidable without missing any game content?

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
little question, I just update the game and there's "sharing" option in it. Is this sharing between MC and another girl ? or MC with some random guy? and is it avoidable without missing any game content?
It's about sharing with another mal. And yes, it's avoidable, you won't miss anything, (since I'll try always to add the solo option)

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
When this came out I was unsure about it. It has grown on me for sure. I skip fights,but some may enjoy those.
Being able to pick the DOM route was a huge plus for me as well. The dev's other games have been fun,but this one I am now enjoying more.

I will be honest. If I had to play all the fights I would not play the game,so skipping them while still being able to understand the story is a great thing.

GeePic

Nov 22, 2019
I love the game but is it possible to be able to grind even after the updated content ends.

Quite annoying to have limited grind options.

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
When this came out I was unsure about it. It has grown on me for sure. I skip fights,but some may enjoy those.
Being able to pick the DOM route was a huge plus for me as well. The dev's other games have been fun,but this one I am now enjoying more.

I will be honest. If I had to play all the fights I would not play the game,so skipping them while still being able to understand the story is a great thing.
Hi, thanks! I added the skip fight thing because a user from here ask me to. I'm always trying to make the game for more players, adding options to remove content that you may not like, like fights, or femdom or maledom and so. It's thanks to you guys, the game's getting better. Also, trying to retain some hard things for players that want it hard.

I love the game but is it possible to be able to grind even after the updated content ends.

Quite annoying to have limited grind options.
Hi, you really don't need to worry about grind, Yes, you need to lvl up stats and so, but if you keep the game easy, you don't need to worry about what you're leveling and so. The days are limited because the content is date fixed, so if I let the player play after the update is done, then I would have to send him back or something, and it would be a mess.

• Love
Reactions: Otherguy2012

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Better refference: Like a high school dorm, where they have individual beds, but it's still in the same building, bathroom and so. That would be the place that Kate and MC lives.
That makes better sense to me, thank you.

One thing I didn't realize, at least not till the end of the current public release - the MC is disguising his voice. I was really, really puzzled as to why ppl who have known him all his life (ie Kate) weren't recognizing his voice... I know I'd recognize my sister's voice if she spoke to me and I couldn't see her / see her face.

Maybe I missed in the story where he said/thought to do this so as to not reveal who he is just like that. I'd need to replay the game... but maybe re-edit to emphasis it where it happens, if it does, just to make it more obvious to dumdum's like me. lol

Also, when doing character thinking... maybe include the name of the character thinking. When it's just 1 person (or 2 ppl of different genders) it's fine... but I was confused for a moment in one scene where there were multiple girls talking and a "Girl Thinking" happened, that it took me a moment to connect to the right girl doing the thinking - ie the scene in the classroom where Rei sits on your lap, and MC is concerned the 4 girls are about to connect-the-dots and figure out who you are.

Edit - Decided to restart (cuz why not) and noticed an error when doing the initial setup of your relationship with Kate.

Grammar error: "If we are X, then I she's my.. "Roommate". (Examples: Friend, Cousin, Sister)

Just needs to remove the I.

Also: When you tell Kate "I couldn't ask for a better X from all the Xs in the world". This can look really weird due to grammar with no apostrophe... ie if you chose Sibling/Sister/Sis then it says "I couldn't ask for a better sis from all the Siss in the world"

Not sure if you can add the apostrophe in that second X, so it would be "from all the sis's in the world" - even if not 100% grammatically correct either, it does make for better reading IMO.

Edit - Replaying has shown i am a big dumdum who misses things. My whole "But they live together?" issue was answered... lolz In the discussion with Hanah after the table attack day... the MC clearly state's we live next to each other. Duh. Talk about not reading and taking in whats being told. My bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finisterrex

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
That makes better sense to me, thank you.

One thing I didn't realize, at least not till the end of the current public release - the MC is disguising his voice. I was really, really puzzled as to why ppl who have known him all his life (ie Kate) weren't recognizing his voice... I know I'd recognize my sister's voice if she spoke to me and I couldn't see her / see her face.

Maybe I missed in the story where he said/thought to do this so as to not reveal who he is just like that. I'd need to replay the game... but maybe re-edit to emphasis it where it happens, if it does, just to make it more obvious to dumdum's like me. lol

Also, when doing character thinking... maybe include the name of the character thinking. When it's just 1 person (or 2 ppl of different genders) it's fine... but I was confused for a moment in one scene where there were multiple girls talking and a "Girl Thinking" happened, that it took me a moment to connect to the right girl doing the thinking - ie the scene in the classroom where Rei sits on your lap, and MC is concerned the 4 girls are about to connect-the-dots and figure out who you are.

Edit #1 - Decided to restart (cuz why not) and noticed an error when doing the initial setup of your relationship with Kate.

Grammar error: "If we are X, then I she's my.. "Roommate". (Examples: Friend, Cousin, Sister)

Just needs to remove the I.

Also: When you tell Kate "I couldn't ask for a better X from all the Xs in the world". This can look really weird due to grammar with no apostrophe... ie if you chose Sibling/Sister/Sis then it says "I couldn't ask for a better sis from all the Siss in the world"

Not sure if you can add the apostrophe in that second X, so it would be "from all the sis's in the world" - even if not 100% grammatically correct either, it does make for better reading IMO.

Edit #2 - Replaying has shown i am a big dumdum who misses things. My whole "But they live together?" issue was answered... lolz In the discussion with Hanah after the table attack day... the MC clearly state's we live next to each other. Duh. Talk about not reading and taking in whats being told. My bad.
Yeah, happens to me to, I keep forgetting stuff!
I fixed those errors, but since they're minor changes we probably won't see them fixed until .0.3.0
About the voice, when he's talking using "Xeneg/Heronamechosen" is when he's tryingo to change his voice. I often think to remkar those things, but I often forgot hehe.
About the girl thinking, I'll try to make it obvious who's the one thinking next time.

Reactions: Shadowen

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
About the Rape word... Since this game is on patreon, it will be a delicate topic to aboard.
Solution would be essence of Hingetus. I mean after the first encounter I have jars of the stuff laying around rofl.

It is not rape if she tears of your cloths then her own?

Since I am on the "hero" path I know I must be careful with the stuff. It is why I always keep it in my bedroom in a jar that says "Sister do not sniff this" to help keep her on the straight and narrow. :)

I have considered bathing in it before school. You know for science. I want to make sure it has no lasting effects.

My brain also wonders if Redmoon really needed or wanted to be saved? Perhaps this stuff is addictive?
I will conduct more research. I do worry about storing it in glass jars though,but since I found it slowly decays metal containers I have no choice.

Last edited:

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Yeah, happens to me to, I keep forgetting stuff!
I fixed those errors, but since they're minor changes we probably won't see them fixed until .0.3.0
About the voice, when he's talking using "Xeneg/Heronamechosen" is when he's tryingo to change his voice. I often think to remkar those things, but I often forgot hehe.
About the girl thinking, I'll try to make it obvious who's the one thinking next time.
NP about the fixes, I know they are just minor things... but thought I'd point them out anyways.

Edit: Talking of minor things... teehee

Grammar error when talking to Spider Gwen: She says "You probably wouldn't notice me if you see me on the street..." ... that should be "if you saw me on the street..." or "notice me when you see me on the street" - either works, though 1st option is more in tune with full meaning of whats being said IMO.

Regarding the voice - as I said, the scene at the end of the public build with Lishe made that obvious to me. Likely only needs a small addition to point this out - maybe some lines between Erick and MC when discussing your Hero name, or at the party prior to talking to the girls (as that would def be on his mind then... so a quick think "Must remember to use my Hero Voice and not my own" or such... and viola, my issue resolved.

Another thought on the recognizing voices issue:

This also applies to MC not recognizing who Spider Gwen is. Initially it can be said the mask Spider Gwen is wearing disguises her voice (full face mask's can distort/change voices quite a bit, depending on material, thickness, etc)... but at the training session with her, she does not wear this mask.... and MC apparently still doesn't recognize the voice of someone he's known all his life.

If she is intentionally changing her voice, maybe add in a "thinking" bit or such to show this... otherwise it leaves ppl like me going o_O at MC not recognizing Kate's voice and thus knowing know Spider Gwen is.

Obviously just my own personal thoughts. And maybe I'm the only one thinking this...as no-one else I think has said anything. lol so *shrugs*

Last edited:

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
Solution would be essence of Hingetus. I mean after the first encounter I have jars of the stuff laying around rofl.

It is not rape if she tears of your cloths then her own?

Since I am on the "hero" path I know I must be careful with the stuff. It is why I always keep it in my bedroom in a jar that says "Sister do not sniff this" to help keep her on the straight and narrow. :)

I have considered bathing in it before school. You know for science. I want to make sure it has no lasting effects.

My brain also wonders if Redmoon really needed or wanted to be saved? Perhaps this stuff is addictive?
I will conduct more research. I do worry about storing it in glass jars though,but since I found it slowly decays metal containers I have no choice.
Redmoon was in another level, she didn't care about being saved or but, but being fucked.

NP about the fixes, I know they are just minor things... but thought I'd point them out anyways.

Edit: Talking of minor things... teehee

Grammar error when talking to Spider Gwen: She says "You probably wouldn't notice me if you see me on the street..." ... that should be "if you saw me on the street..." or "notice me when you see me on the street" - either works, though 1st option is more in tune with full meaning of whats being said IMO.

Regarding the voice - as I said, the scene at the end of the public build with Lishe made that obvious to me. Likely only needs a small addition to point this out - maybe some lines between Erick and MC when discussing your Hero name, or at the party prior to talking to the girls (as that would def be on his mind then... so a quick think "Must remember to use my Hero Voice and not my own" or such... and viola, my issue resolved.

Another thought on the recognizing voices issue:

This also applies to MC not recognizing who Spider Gwen is. Initially it can be said the mask Spider Gwen is wearing disguises her voice (full face mask's can distort/change voices quite a bit, depending on material, thickness, etc)... but at the training session with her, she does not wear this mask.... and MC apparently still doesn't recognize the voice of someone he's known all his life.

If she is intentionally changing her voice, maybe add in a "thinking" bit or such to show this... otherwise it leaves ppl like me going o_O at MC not recognizing Kate's voice and thus knowing know Spider Gwen is.

Obviously just my own personal thoughts. And maybe I'm the only one thinking this...as no-one else I think has said anything. lol so *shrugs*
I'll fix and add those things, thanks for the ideas.

Regarding to the voice, yes MC should notice her voice, especially since she doesn't use anything to modify it, and yes, he should probably recognize her eventually, even if wearing a mask and a wig. But just for plot sake he won't. In any case, in the update I'm working right now, a Hero will tell use a little more about this disguise thing. Quoting her:

Reactions: Shadowen

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Really promising game so far.

Honestly, I saw the dev's other game Reboot Love 2 a few months ago and passed it over since it seemed to have "too many characters". Usually the more characters a game has, the less developed each one is. Since I like well developed characters, I generally skip over them just to avoid wasting my time on a game I'm unlikely to enjoy.

Anyway, saw this game had a smaller cast, so I gave it a go, and I really liked it.

- The characters each get a decent amount of attention considering the amount of current content .
- The dev doesn't force the content for any character if you want to skip them (thank you seriously, I hate forced content).
- Lots of customization for what fetishes you want.
- Overall world building is pretty interesting although not particularly original. Original isn't always good though, so that's not even a complaint. The dev took an existing theme and applied it well to their game's world.
- Not a clear goal for the plot, but works well enough in an episodic fashion with mini arcs and the mc just aiming to be a hero.

I don't have any particularly notable complaints about the game. There's definitely room for improvement in regards to language usage, but nothing that I couldn't understand. Also, the dev's not a native English speaker, so I'm sure it'll improve with practice and with the help of the proofreading section on their discord channel. Other than that...

Anyway, I enjoyed the game. Thanks for the content dev! Is this your primary project now? I'm considering joining as a $5 tier but if the dev time is split too much between this and your other game, I'll probably just send you $60 on itch when it's done.

Edit: Spelling

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
Really promising game so far.

Honestly, I saw the dev's other game Reboot Love 2 a few months ago and passed it over since it seemed to have "too many characters". Usually the more characters a game has, the less developed each one is. Since I like well developed characters, I generally skip over them just to avoid wasting my time on a game I'm unlikely to enjoy.

Anyway, saw this game had a smaller cast, so I gave it a go, and I really liked it.

- The characters each get a decent amount of attention considering the amount of current content .
- The dev doesn't force the content for any character if you want to skip them (thank you seriously, I hate forced content).
- Lots of customization for what fetishes you want.
- Overall world building is pretty interesting although not particularly original. Original isn't always good though, so that's not even a complaint. The dev took an existing theme and applied it well to their game's world.
- Not a clear goal for the plot, but works well enough in an episodic fashion with mini arcs and the mc just aiming to be a hero.

I don't have any particularly notable complaints about the game. There's definitely room for improvement in regards to language usage, but nothing that I couldn't understand. Also, the dev's not a native English speaker, so I'm sure it'll improve with practice and with the help of the proofreading section on their discord channel. Other than that...

Anyway, I enjoyed the game. Thanks for the content dev! Is this your primary project now? I'm considering joining as a $5 tier but if the dev time is split too much between this and your other game, I'll probably just send you $60 on itch when it's done.

Edit: Spelling
Hi, thanks for the review, it really helps!

I'm currently working on Genex and Reboot Love 2, usually working one month each game, since Genex is newer and a little behind, I decided to do another update for Genex. Especially since this month I had some health issues that took a lot of my time. But I usually work 50% in each game. Regarding if you do it or not, I'd rather have you on patreon, than itchio, but that's because itchio takes a lot more than patreon on taxes and so. But then again, any support is more than enough, even just rating the game, is support enough. Thanks again for taking the time.

Reactions: GrogGuy

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Hi, thanks for the review, it really helps!

I'm currently working on Genex and Reboot Love 2, usually working one month each game, since Genex is newer and a little behind, I decided to do another update for Genex. Especially since this month I had some health issues that took a lot of my time. But I usually work 50% in each game. Regarding if you do it or not, I'd rather have you on patreon, than itchio, but that's because itchio takes a lot more than patreon on taxes and so. But then again, any support is more than enough, even just rating the game, is support enough. Thanks again for taking the time.
No problem, and thanks for answering my question.

Didn't realize itch took more, so that's good to know going forward. Also hope you're in better health now!

Edit: Almost the end of the month, so I'll sub early October.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finisterrex
4.30 star(s) 39 Votes