4.90 star(s) 28 Votes

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
Well damn, now that makes no sense...Why can't the mc support Naya as a warrior and still protect her?
Presumably it's because supporting her as a warrior encourages/reinforces her mother's teachings, which were to be a rock, an island, and not rely on others. Don't forget Naya's mother beat the shit out of her for being healed by Regina during the last war, and also "hit her more than she hugged her".

Reactions: Chivalry/Honor

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
There will be… especially with Sheina and if you murderer that Bandit…
That's kind of interesting to hear- yeah Sheina didn't go on a killing spree against the slavers if you managed to free yourself with her spell, but when asked what she thinks about the guy who kidnapped you being handed off for a trial she expresses that she thinks he deserves to die, but that she'll leave it to the courts. Also her interrogation technique seems refined, when she had him under her foot and increased the pressure to get him to talk.
She just doesn't seem like someone who would snap from smashing a bunch of slavers

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
Yeah, Madea's whole shtick is "slow burn romance" as it says on her character page someone posted a while back (the kemono link) but it's definitely a slow burn like boiling a pot of water with a candle kinda slow.

You know, I like this game very much, I love it, but recently I had a bit of a horrifying epiphany.
At this rate... I'm not confident it'll ever be finished, and worse, there's no incentive to finish it. I realized I kind of hate games that are funded by constant patreon donations because it incentivizes the creator to never finish it, like YandereDev. Why finish the game and cut off your funding when you can just keep adding new girls with ever-increasing branching paths, and not put any of that money towards hiring people to help program or write to increase the amount of updates per month, and instead just keep things at a trickle, with a steady guaranteed $400 every month+more?
When this game first came out, there were only 9 official girls- at 3 an update it'd only be 3 months to get each one's route expanded and then repeat. Now there are 20 guaranteed routes, because there's the mermaid lady and the queen- not counting the twins, Helga, and the multiple other aquatic giantesses there will likely be in the underwater kingdom. It went from 33% of the giantesses being updated a month to just 15%- that percentage gets a bit wonky with sponsored updates of course, but my point is that at this rate, there's no incentive to ever finish this game- it's been out for three years and at this pace of updates, excepting if they just get burnt out or bored and give it a rushed ending it'll be updating for another three years. I really hope I'm wrong, though.

400$? They have over 700 members, multiply that by atleast 10 and we have 7000€ a month likely much more. I would keep that game running at this pace too, if i where them. And im sure they will tbh.

Reactions: Gojii

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
400$? They have over 700 members, multiply that by atleast 10 and we have 7000€ a month likely much more. I would keep that game running at this pace too, if i where them. And im sure they will tbh.
I did say $400+, that was just for the route sponsor tier (which it looks like they just upgraded, now it's $250 a pop and there's three slots for it) I don't know my Euros but by my calculations they're raking in well over $100k a year.
I can't condemn someone for chasing the bag as they say, but yeah, I'm kinda feeling even better about pirating tbh.

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
I did say $400+, that was just for the route sponsor tier (which it looks like they just upgraded, now it's $250 a pop and there's three slots for it) I don't know my Euros but by my calculations they're raking in well over $100k a year.
I can't condemn someone for chasing the bag as they say, but yeah, I'm kinda feeling even better about pirating tbh.

Yeah its €100K a year probably. Divided by 2 - taxes which are pretty high in spain, so i guess they still have over 3500€ a month left. Still alot of money. And honestly it's not the going on forever (that's a good thing imo) that bothers me.

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
Yeah its €100K a year probably. Divided by 2 - taxes which are pretty high in spain, so i guess they still have over 3500€ a month left. Still alot of money. And honestly it's not the going on forever (that's a good thing imo) that bothers me.
Going on forever is kind of shitty frankly, unless they upped the number of releases they did a month- which may be happening, given that they're allowing 3 sponsored updates a month now... But it could also be they're still going to keep main updates to 3 per month, or worse, even lower it to just 2.

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
Going on forever is kind of shitty frankly, unless they upped the number of releases they did a month- which may be happening, given that they're allowing 3 sponsored updates a month now... But it could also be they're still going to keep main updates to 3 per month, or worse, even lower it to just 2.

Yeah the number of updates is what bothers me too. I doubt they lower the number for the main updates, but i also doubt that they increase it anytime soon. And yeah i like going on forever because this is the only good GTS visual novel that i know.

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
Yeah the number of updates is what bothers me too. I doubt they lower the number for the main updates, but i also doubt that they increase it anytime soon. And yeah i like going on forever because this is the only good GTS visual novel that i know.
Yeah, but eventually they're gonna burn out, get bored, or just start phoning it in. I don't want to say they're deliberately treating this as a money printing machine (even though it very much is) but I don't think they're ignorant to the cash they're raking in either, especially given how they added another sponsorship slot, along with a $50 increase for it.
With how many girls there are, there should be more updates per month- at this rate it takes months for some girls to get updated, especially the ones whom nobody sponsors. As for the ones that do, I almost wonder, given that there's no set route update schedule (as far as I'm aware) who's to say they don't deliberately hold off on updating someone like Bevzy because they're expecting Bill to pay for her?

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
Yeah, but eventually they're gonna burn out, get bored, or just start phoning it in. I don't want to say they're deliberately treating this as a money printing machine (even though it very much is) but I don't think they're ignorant to the cash they're raking in either, especially given how they added another sponsorship slot, along with a $50 increase for it.
With how many girls there are, there should be more updates per month- at this rate it takes months for some girls to get updated, especially the ones whom nobody sponsors. As for the ones that do, I almost wonder, given that there's no set route update schedule (as far as I'm aware) who's to say they don't deliberately hold off on updating someone like Bevzy because they're expecting Bill to pay for her?

Well, i doubt they would hold off on a character, but only time will tell. And about the 50$ increase it's been 241€ for a while, atleast since October.

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
Well, i doubt they would hold off on a character, but only time will tell. And about the 50$ increase it's been 241€ for a while, atleast since October.
Ah, last time I looked it was just $200.
From what I can tell they seem sincere- but the concern is that there is no reward for sincerity, and a lot of profit to be had for the reverse.

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
Ah, last time I looked it was just $200.
From what I can tell they seem sincere- but the concern is that there is no reward for sincerity, and a lot of profit to be had for the reverse.

I mean, i dunno when you last checked, but like i said it's been 241€ or in your case 250$ for atleast 3 months. But yeah the concern is definitly there, but i honestly think if they get like super greedy they would lose alot of subs. I would never sub again if that were the case, i can assure you that.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Yeah, Madea's whole shtick is "slow burn romance" as it says on her character page someone posted a while back (the kemono link) but it's definitely a slow burn like boiling a pot of water with a candle kinda slow.

You know, I like this game very much, I love it, but recently I had a bit of a horrifying epiphany.
At this rate... I'm not confident it'll ever be finished, and worse, there's no incentive to finish it. I realized I kind of hate games that are funded by constant patreon donations because it incentivizes the creator to never finish it, like YandereDev. Why finish the game and cut off your funding when you can just keep adding new girls with ever-increasing branching paths, and not put any of that money towards hiring people to help program or write to increase the amount of updates per month, and instead just keep things at a trickle, with a steady guaranteed $400 every month+more?
When this game first came out, there were only 9 official girls- at 3 an update it'd only be 3 months to get each one's route expanded and then repeat. Now there are 20 guaranteed routes, because there's the mermaid lady and the queen- not counting the twins, Helga, and the multiple other aquatic giantesses there will likely be in the underwater kingdom. It went from 33% of the giantesses being updated a month to just 15%- that percentage gets a bit wonky with sponsored updates of course, but my point is that at this rate, there's no incentive to ever finish this game- it's been out for three years and at this pace of updates, excepting if they just get burnt out or bored and give it a rushed ending it'll be updating for another three years. I really hope I'm wrong, though.
Ah, this unsettling feeling of capitalization. Surely we all have met it at least once. I am not worried though, because no matter how many donations devs will keep getting, they physically can't stretch the universe forever without causing damage to the quality.
The story will one day start getting obsolete, even if still being written, and when that day comes, I'll simply "salute" to the game for everything good it was for me and leave. Maybe return in a few years for nostalgia.

Last edited:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Giant Guardians [v0.3.47] [Giant Guardians] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [170,5 MB]
- - -

Mac [139,4 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.90 star(s) 28 Votes