MegaNZ

Jun 9, 2018
I'm having a problem :/

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'items/screwdriver.pic'>:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'items/screwdriver.pic'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/ascript/ep_1.rpyc", line 432, in script
    >�T���8q���w,��L�xP����|���wL"WP�>@���n��}Z�����Y�����qhOf[U+&�"Kȧ��Q���A��7GI�%s�h�e�|��|��?U��N���kI�7 �[�.��;��ԁ�eB�B��D���^���П!B�Bˏ���������o�E�bt�]xQ&!V&#���SF�i�;{3��eA���ߒ���v%
It looks to me like it is looking for "screwdriver.pic" instead of "screwdriver.png".

nosebleed

Mar 2, 2018
- First i got an error saying there is no screwdriver.pic
- There is an image "screwdriver.png" in game\images\items so i renamed it to "screwdriver.pic"
- It works. i can collect the item in to my inventory
- But when i used it to open the window, this showed up.
any ideas about it?

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
Unplayable, bug prevents you from using the screwdriver even if you rename the file, guess we have to wait for a patch

Gonzo

Jul 21, 2017
Well, I have three saved games from 02.0 versión and it works pretty bad. The dialogs are in russian, two of the savefiles doesn't work. Even some images doesn't appear ("an exception ocurred").

You may say: "previous saved games Will not work…" Ok. This is too bad for me. I had lots of money gained from the 02.0 versión, from the roulette minigame.

Seriously, is there any solution? Please

I.W.

Apr 6, 2018
Anyone know how to fix? Tried unrening the game to fix the image files but got this error after the unren.

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/ascript/images.rpy", line 22: layeredimage expects a non-empty block.
    layeredimage curbg:
                       ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Mon Feb 04 15:48:06 2019

I.W.

Apr 6, 2018
Well, I have three saved games from 02.0 versión and it works pretty bad. The dialogs are in russian, two of the savefiles doesn't work. Even some images doesn't appear ("an exception ocurred").

You may say: "previous saved games Will not work…" Ok. This is too bad for me. I had lots of money gained from the 02.0 versión, from the roulette minigame.

Seriously, is there any solution? Please
Short of waiting for the dev to fix it, or renaming the image files yourself to .png instead of .pic, not yet.

Gonzo

Jul 21, 2017
It's insane the amount of bugs in this version. The dev wouldn't have to launch the game like this. It would be better to wait

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
- First i got an error saying there is no screwdriver.pic
- There is an image "screwdriver.png" in game\images\items so i renamed it to "screwdriver.pic"
- It works. i can collect the item in to my inventory
- But when i used it to open the window, this showed up.
any ideas about it?
This is exactly how it is for me, I tried renaming the image file right away but I still can't progress. I can only assume the people who says it works are lying.

gartal

Feb 9, 2018
i get this error when i wabt to use the bag inventory to open up the window

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'items/screwdriver.pic'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/ascript/ep_1.rpyc", line 440, in script
    %�O�c^    }W    �srx���!�S�ǩ.�L�m�:Os%�d����6̳_�5��5.�;�H]kK���-S��s���:����Er�a&Ǚ�a�H��
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1861, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1849, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\statements.py", line 203, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\exports.py", line 2755, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1124, in render
    st, at)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\dragdrop.py", line 431, in render
    cr = render(child, width, height, st, at)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 336, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "G:\Game\00 NEW DOWNLOADS\GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-7-6.1.7600
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
GirlHouse 0.3ex
Tue Feb 05 03:07:27 2019

doodleboogie

Sep 25, 2017
Absolutely unplayable. My liked My Cute Cousin but it too was always rather buggy. Well built female characters are not enough to keep attention on a bad release. Perhaps, I'll check back when the game is more stable.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

art199

Apr 26, 2017
This is exactly how it is for me, I tried renaming the image file right away but I still can't progress. I can only assume the people who says it works are lying.
Hi ! I send a save after scene with window !

nosebleed

Mar 2, 2018
Hi, i made some mod and fix some bugs (that i found).

Girl House [v0.3 Extras] MOD:
Mod File: Girl House [v0.3 Extras] MOD.rar
Features:
- You don't have to collect screwdriver. just grab the clothes and LEAVE THE SCREWDRIVER ALONE, DON'T TAKE IT, otherwise error. (YOU CAN OPEN THE WINDOW EVEN IF YOU DON'T COLLECT THE SCREWDRIVER)
- when you collect the card it will give you $9999999
- Fix the scene with doctor
- Image errors are likely not to appears again (e.g. laptop, battery, etc)

Installation:
- Make sure to download a fresh game file provided in OP page
- Extract the game to any folder you like. A folder named "GirlHouse-0.3ex-win" will be generated.
- Download Mod and open it.
- Extract "Girl House [v0.3 Extras] MOD.rar" to "GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\game"

EDIT 1: Update MOD. You will be able to finish the last scene (Mask Webcam scene) with no error (see notes).
EDIT 2: Try to run it in new game or to be save newly extracted game file. I don't have the previous game save so i personally don't find any more error messages after applying this mod in v0.3.
EDIT 3: If you don't start with a newly extracted game file from OP Post, some error might occur.
Notes: Don't collect the mask before the event to find a mask started, otherwise error might appear.

Girl House [v0.3 Extras] Math MOD:
Mod File: Girl House [v0.3 Extras] Math MOD.rar
Features:
- When you help the girl with her math homework, you don't have to make a correct choice. ANY RANDOM ANSWER WILL SUFFICE, THE GAME WILL RESPOND AS IF YOUR CHOICES ARE ALWAYS CORRECT.

Installation:
- Download Mod and open it.
- Extract "Girl House [v0.3 Extras] Math MOD.rar" to "GirlHouse-0.3ex-win\game"

I see some of you are satisfied, some.. well can't even use my mod properly. To address this matter i created a discord server for patron only (please pardon me, as i am only a normal person with some school stuff and some other work to do, hence the Patreon thingy..). Thanks for your support..
Patreon Link:

3.20 star(s) 129 Votes