Jul 28, 2019
The first one sounds like you played it after we first introduced willpower and there was a bug with it. As willpower at the start should range from 50 to 150 depending on your start from what I remember, Max willpower is 200, which is very hard to hit but you can. Anything above that is a bug and should be reported as such.

Also how much you do something decreases the cost or increases it depending. So for example give a lot of BJ's and it gets easier to do things like use the gloryhole, and it gets harder to resist boys that suggest you give them one.

Willpower is mostly about resisting things or forcing someone else to do something. Sometimes forcing yourself to do things, but keep in mind seeding willpower took us about 3 months in RL. there is at this point over 1k files and something like around 1.3 million lines of text/code in the game. So it was all hands on and with a lot of people being involved you are going to have some people have slightly different idea's on where to add willpower.

Finally it is a catch all system, since we don't know exactly how someone will play their Sveta. Which is why the costs will change over time based on how much you do something and once we add traits to the game they will also impact it. For example with the slut start she will have a trait that will make all sex acts easy to force herself to do and very hard to resist someone else wanting her to have sex. But at the moment we don't have traits.

Kevin who posts here can likely explain it better, as he is a coder and was one of the main people that built the willpower system. I am just a writer that knows some basic code, so hopefully my explanation helps.
Actually I confused the number with health, checking my save willpower started at 140 for the runner, and was a somewhat higher by the occasion I was remembering. But even so the point stands (with regard to the current state of the game) that's almost 3 times as much willpower. On the second point you have my thanks for your collective work - but...

The third point you make compounds the problem - by the way I saw no sign of experience reducing costs, so if that exists the weighting is way off - the slut start makes a point of the many cocks Sveta has sucked and how much she enjoys it, and yet she pays, as near as I can tell, the same willpower cost at the gloryhole regardless, and in comparison to a virgin-mouthed runner from a much smaller pool. With the slut being such an avid and desirous cock-sucker it is not clear to me why she is even paying a willpower cost at all to initiate the action - she is doing an action she intensely enjoys and entirely of her own volition!

Looking forward to the slut trait, sounds like it will mitigate things but I still think the underlying system is off. It's not just the gloryhole either, the shower scenes with the brother follow a similar logic, and doubtless many others.

I do thank you for your reply.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I will have to check with Kevin is the current start sexual experience is currently impacting willpower and if not if we can get that added in so it does. I honestly don't know if it does or not or how hard it would be to code to make it matter at the start.

julzor

Modder
Nov 3, 2018
Actually I confused the number with health, checking my save willpower started at 140 for the runner, and was a somewhat higher by the occasion I was remembering. But even so the point stands (with regard to the current state of the game) that's almost 3 times as much willpower. On the second point you have my thanks for your collective work - but...

The third point you make compounds the problem - by the way I saw no sign of experience reducing costs, so if that exists the weighting is way off - the slut start makes a point of the many cocks Sveta has sucked and how much she enjoys it, and yet she pays, as near as I can tell, the same willpower cost at the gloryhole regardless, and in comparison to a virgin-mouthed runner from a much smaller pool. With the slut being such an avid and desirous cock-sucker it is not clear to me why she is even paying a willpower cost at all to initiate the action - she is doing an action she intensely enjoys and entirely of her own volition!

Looking forward to the slut trait, sounds like it will mitigate things but I still think the underlying system is off. It's not just the gloryhole either, the shower scenes with the brother follow a similar logic, and doubtless many others.

I do thank you for your reply.
Experience definitely reduces cost, it just takes awhile. You don't go from good girl to complete slut in a week. Other things increase willpower cost as well (hunger, thirst, sleep, arousal, drugs, ...).

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
The slut start is a fairly tame slut. She's slutty by school standards and not by adult standards, so she has a bit of a rep and some exp but is hardly a regular in a sexstore gloryhole. I guess we could do a deprived nympho start but I have to fix teh bimbo trait and make the nympho trait before we can go there. :D

As for QSP being hard to program in, that's rubbish its pretty simple. Some more complex stuff can be awkward but I don't think its holding us up anymore than getting the ideas and content written.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
For those asking about when the next release will be, here is the feature lock build or beta build for the next release. There could be some bugs in it, but this is basically the next build other than last minute bug fixes.

Danyzinha

Dec 25, 2017
Wouldn't it be fairer to lose willpower by not studying? It's like breaking a rule, it takes courage, willpower. At the hotel I also find it strange to lose willpower for not seeing any sex scenes. Depending on which Sveta start, one day of school is enough to not be able to do anything all week for lack of willpower.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Wouldn't it be fairer to lose willpower by not studying? It's like breaking a rule, it takes courage, willpower. At the hotel I also find it strange to lose willpower for not seeing any sex scenes. Depending on which Sveta start, one day of school is enough to not be able to do anything all week for lack of willpower.
Depends on the person, some people enjoy doing homework, most people though I would guess don't like extra work. That is one of the downsides to a sandbox style game where you the player gets to make the character you want. It is impossible for use to account for every possible play style. So we have to make choices.

Not sure what you are refering to about losing willpower by not seeing sex scenes. You mean at the hotel if cost you willpower to not spy on people having sex?

As for the last, I played the game a lot testing out the willpower, always taking the options to use up willpower and doing things I knew would lead to willpower use and never ran out. Of course it does depend on your start, the slut start is low because she is suppose to run out and then end up forced into doing things, the reason she has the rep is she is weakwilled and lets boys push her around. At least that is the idea, so she is at the start of falling into being a full blown slut toy for all the boys and you can play it as either going down that path or trying to recover. Since your willpower can and will go up and down over the course of playing including it's maxium value. The highest any start has is I believe 140 or 150 but it is possible to raise your willpower up to 200.

Reactions: Danyzinha

Danyzinha

Dec 25, 2017
Depends on the person, some people enjoy doing homework, most people though I would guess don't like extra work. That is one of the downsides to a sandbox style game where you the player gets to make the character you want. It is impossible for use to account for every possible play style. So we have to make choices.

Not sure what you are refering to about losing willpower by not seeing sex scenes. You mean at the hotel if cost you willpower to not spy on people having sex?

As for the last, I played the game a lot testing out the willpower, always taking the options to use up willpower and doing things I knew would lead to willpower use and never ran out. Of course it does depend on your start, the slut start is low because she is suppose to run out and then end up forced into doing things, the reason she has the rep is she is weakwilled and lets boys push her around. At least that is the idea, so she is at the start of falling into being a full blown slut toy for all the boys and you can play it as either going down that path or trying to recover. Since your willpower can and will go up and down over the course of playing including it's maxium value. The highest any start has is I believe 140 or 150 but it is possible to raise your willpower up to 200.
I forgot to specify. About losing willpower with studies, I mean during class, because if you start off as a bitch, during a day of school, almost all the willpower will go, as for spying on sex scenes, it really is in the hotel work.
200 is the maximum willpower? On my last save I went to the communal center in the city, Sveta was at 150, but no longer rising, not even at the psychologist in Pavlovsk.

Jul 28, 2019
Nutluck
Kevin Smarts

Here's what the 'flavour' text of the slut start currently says, in its entirety.

You were the first girl at your age to lose her virginity, to your childhood friend Vasily. You became curious about sex far sooner than other kids your age and started masturbating at an early age. You loved the sensation so much that you wanted to find out how good sex would feel. Once you tried it, you learned that you loved it - you really love everything about it.

You used to give the boys blowjobs under the bleachers during recess and after school - you always savored swallowing their cum, and you even love how it tastes. The only thing you like more than sucking cock and swallowing cum is getting fucked by huge cock while sucking on another one. Though loving sex has made you a social pariah, the girls all hate you and the boys publicly mock you, though in private they don't mind using you. The nerds though completely avoid you, while the gopniks seem to tolerate you the most or maybe they just like to keep you handy to suck their dicks.
That does not at all sound at all to me like Sveta was being abused but rather that she was the initiator and a major beneficiary of the sex. The only stated downside in that text is the loss of social prestige.

If you want to maintain that she is meant to be pushed around, used and abused because she is weakwilled then that introduction needs to be entirely rewritten. But as it is at the moment your conception of her does not match what is presented in game.

She may not be slutty by adult standards, but it seems to me that she gets pretty close with a dick in each end. :LOL: Certainly much closer than the 3-hole virgin runner who can handle almost 3 times as much in the gloryhole.

And the use of the 'willpower' resource still looks weird and all over the place to me. I'm no clearer what it is meant to be representing since it gets used for various contrary things, and at times effects more strongly those who it should effect more weakly. To be honest if slut start Sveta is in character at the gloryhole she probably should be gaining willpower from it!

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I forgot to specify. About losing willpower with studies, I mean during class, because if you start off as a bitch, during a day of school, almost all the willpower will go, as for spying on sex scenes, it really is in the hotel work.
200 is the maximum willpower? On my last save I went to the communal center in the city, Sveta was at 150, but no longer rising, not even at the psychologist in Pavlovsk.
Well as I said it depends somewhat on your start. I tested the starts with around 100 the average and got low but never ran out which is what we was looking for. Obviously lower ones if you get in enough bad situations, or have other things impacting the cost will can change that. Being drunk or high makes willpower cost more for example as does some other things.

I will mention it to the coders about the hotel to check on, with out knowing the context of the scenes I can't say one way or the other if it is a bug or not.

It takes a long time to raise your cap, willpower is a pool that you use up. The cap of that pool starts between about 50-150 and over the course of the game can go up or down but it does take awhile. If you use up your willpower a lot and run low or run out a lot your willpower will slowly go down the cap that is. If you manage to keep it high or at your cap often it will slowly go up. I don't know the details on how fast or slow it goes down, one of the coders would have to tell you that. I just know enough about willpower to know how it works and how to add the code, but not the finer details behind the scenes of the code.

Jul 28, 2019
The starts was written long before we had willpower. Once we add traits to the game I am going to revisit the flavor text of all the starts.
So you are saying you turned a character on her head and haven't got around to telling us yet?

Any others you want to add while we are here...

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
The willpower cap goes up if you use willpower to force other people to do stuff, its takes a few uses of that nature in order to go up a point but it does slowly rise. The reduction is as nutluck said, if you have very low or no willpower it will slowly decrease your cap.

We didn't turn a character on their head, they are still a slut. The only difference being that the intro has them as too proactive in becoming a slut than they should be. I'll edit it now so you don't get offended by her nature in the up coming release.

EDIT: Slut now has less agency and more rounded sex experience.

Last edited:

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
I don't remember commenting on this thread before so first I want to thank you Kevin Smarts Nutluck julzor and everyone else for your outstanding work on the game! I have been playing since about 0.70 and it's amazing to see the game constantly improving :) Truly the best life sim around and I'm excited for what's to come in the future (y)

Regarding willpower:
the slut start is low because she is suppose to run out and then end up forced into doing things, the reason she has the rep is she is weakwilled and lets boys push her around. At least that is the idea, so she is at the start of falling into being a full blown slut toy for all the boys and you can play it as either going down that path or trying to recover.
I really like this description, imo the imbued realism in how you'll be forced down a path along with how drugs et al. increase the effort needed to resist...such a great improvement to the game. I feel the willpower mechanism works perfectly for when Sveta is forced to do something: schoolwork, working, nonconsensual sex, also being slowly coaxed by boys to do sexual favors and to become more depraved.

Also works perfectly for how her resistance would slowly erode away if someone wants to make her a submissive sextoy and such Sveta would be subjected to more extreme situations and acts (all the degrading S/M stuff with pain & humiliation). Finally ending up as an unwilling painslut totally controlled by others.

Really hope someone is inspired to make more such content now with willpower system coming in place! :p:sneaky:

For example with the slut start she will have a trait that will make all sex acts easy to force herself to do
But I have to confess I don't understand willpower cost as it relates to you willingly going to the gloryhole or any other consensual sex. Why does she have to force herself to do something willingly? I feel willpower is not the best vehicle for simulating sexual inexperience. Might someone educate me on this?

Last edited:

biker621

Mar 29, 2019
I think the loss of willpower for studying is correct. It's easier for me not to study, it's called laziness. At the hotel again takes willpower to drag me away from a good sex scene.

It does take willpower to leave your shirt open at school. Think that might be the other way around. A couple of hotel bdsm scenes that cost nothing and willpower to leave the room. No scene to stay.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
But I have to confess I don't understand willpower cost as it relates to you willingly going to the gloryhole or any other consensual sex. Why does she have to force herself to do something willingly? I feel willpower is not the best vehicle for simulating sexual inexperience. Might someone educate me on this?
Thanks! :D

Willpower uses the amount of sex exp as part of the calcuation so the resistance to doing something like going to a gloryhole goes down the more she has given blowjobs. Obviously there is the arguement tht she gets to a point where by she loves sucking dick so there should be no resistance and that's the kind of thing that traits will be for, they will kick in and bridge that gap.

I have to write this down - Trait gained: Head Master, you can hardly look at a cock without sucking it dry.

• Haha
Reactions: _DarkDesires_

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
Thanks! :D

Willpower uses the amount of sex exp as part of the calcuation so the resistance to doing something like going to a gloryhole goes down the more she has given blowjobs. Obviously there is the arguement tht she gets to a point where by she loves sucking dick so there should be no resistance and that's the kind of thing that traits will be for, they will kick in and bridge that gap.

I have to write this down - Trait gained: Head Master, you can hardly look at a cock without sucking it dry.
I think it still doesn't quite capture someone being an innocent in terms of sex. But that's ok it's good enough for now, certainly much better than before (y) and certainly the willpower system will keep evolving and improving. After all..it's still in it's infancy. Kevin Smarts I now expect a trait with that precise description ;)

Last edited:

Danyzinha

Dec 25, 2017
I think the loss of willpower for studying is correct. It's easier for me not to study, it's called laziness. At the hotel again takes willpower to drag me away from a good sex scene.

It does take willpower to leave your shirt open at school. Think that might be the other way around. A couple of hotel bdsm scenes that cost nothing and willpower to leave the room. No scene to stay.
I didn't like to study, so I even understand the willpower to do a lesson, but I don't know how schools in Russia are, so if it's strict then it may be a problem not to study, it's like breaking the rule. As for the hotel, if the person is shy she will have little courage to see, so it would be even easier to peek at sex scenes after letting go or being aroused.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
So you are saying you turned a character on her head and haven't got around to telling us yet?

Any others you want to add while we are here...
No I am saying we will expand them some, like change some of the text to things like. After giving your first blowjob, you found you loved doing it and the boys noticed and started encouring you, now you are starting to have a hard time saying no. Or something along those lines but wrote better, that is just a quick example of what I mean. It will be tweaked slightly so it was her idea, but then the boys started to take advantage of her nature and now she has found they are getting more agressive with trying to make her do it when they want instead of when she wants and she is starting to have trouble saying no. Something along those lines likely.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I don't remember commenting on this thread before so first I want to thank you Kevin Smarts Nutluck julzor and everyone else for your outstanding work on the game! I have been playing since about 0.70 and it's amazing to see the game constantly improving :) Truly the best life sim around and I'm excited for what's to come in the future (y)

Regarding willpower:

I really like this description, imo the imbued realism in how you'll be forced down a path along with how drugs et al. increase the effort needed to resist...such a great improvement to the game. I feel the willpower mechanism works perfectly for when Sveta is forced to do something: schoolwork, working, nonconsensual sex, also being slowly coaxed by boys to do sexual favors and to become more depraved.

Also works perfectly for how her resistance would slowly erode away if someone wants to make her a submissive sextoy and such Sveta would be subjected to more extreme situations and acts (all the degrading S/M stuff with pain & humiliation). Finally ending up as an unwilling painslut totally controlled by others.

Really hope someone is inspired to make more such content now with willpower system coming in place! :p:sneaky:

Glad you enjoy it, as for your last bit

That is the downside to sandbox, we don't know how every player will play their Sveta. So we make judgement calls and try and walk a middle ground to allow for all play styles, but that means of course sometimes things don't match up just perfectly with all things. I mean you can play the good girl trying to resist the world, you can play a weakwilled slut that is struggling to resist to become the town bicycle, or you can play a dominate sexual active girl that loves sex and likes to take charge. It is hard to write for example willpower uses that fit all three examples every time just perfectly. Not counting all the other different ways the MC can be played. Another example some nerds likely enjoy homework, while others would hate doing homework. So the willpower system opens up a lot of new options for us to tell stories, it does have limitations because of our sandbox open world style of game.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes