Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I don't mean to hate, I've played tons of this game in the past. But am I alone in feeling the updates are always super disappointing? I mean 3-6 months for updates with so few new sex scenes?

I haven't actually played the game in 3-4 updates but only because they never seem to have much new sex content that would make it worth the big download and then all the grind in the game that I've already played through 10 times. Most of what does get updated seems to be more life sim grind, or just rewritting perfectly good storylines/sex scenes with often worse content (Dimka for example, I hate how violent he is now. Plus kolka has been rewritten so many times now and was best somewhere in the middle of all that imo).

I know this is a community project without funding (i think?) but surely with so many people working on it new scenes could be made quite quickly, and there are loads of paths that desperately need new scenes but haven't gotten anything in what feels like years.

Again not writing this just to hate, I wanna replay this game at some point soon and enjoy lots of new content. So please let me know if I'm wrong and tell me what's so great about these last few updates.
I don't have a problem with feedback good or bad and I know things haven't been ideal in last couple of updates.

The shear mass of content in Girl Life means new stuff isn't always clear. Hornguy6 added a bunch of stuff to the photostudio but if you don't do modelling you'll miss it all.
There is talk about sorting out the generic sex (which is used for several events) with a plan in place and coder support so hopefully that will be a bigger impact change.

You are right we make no money for this, we live only for your enjoyment so when we fail we feel it too.

This dev cycle we had some major contributors cease active contribution. It lead to me having to find 2 new head writers and a new head of coders. Tbh, the content you did get is a fucking miracle. Before that we had slow progress as the old staff were not motivated anymore. I came close to just walking away a few times as morale was shot.

However, the new staff heads seem to be keen and full of ideas. Philo on the coding side has done masses of variable handling stuff you won't notice but makes the game more stable and has offset the variable limit (something no other QSP game has had to worry about) saving us from a need to rewrite part of the engine itself (not like the addons for video handling but the core of the engine).

I can't say the last 2 updates have set anyones world alight but I can say the next couple will be a very different experience just don't xpect us to somehow double the scenes and storylines, we have in the last 3.5 years gone from a file size of 14,179kb to 46,881kb and that is hundreds of scenes through various storylines. Our focus is back on content so we will be adding new scenes and more stories but we had to sort out so much in the code and then staff problems so things weren't good for you guys. I can't change that.

mspman

Jul 6, 2017
I see a problem with the 0.8.1 version. Schoolgirl path, when I go on dates at the end the game sort of crashes.

Could it be the image packs not overwiriten correctly? I did start with a game save half way through. I also did not see any images of the police officer who confronted the MC about Albina's dance group.

---------------------------
Error
Area: on visit
Line: 13
Code: 111
Desc: Location not found!
OK
GIrl Life 0.8.1 error.png

Jul 31, 2018
I don't have a problem with feedback good or bad and I know things haven't been ideal in last couple of updates.

The shear mass of content in Girl Life means new stuff isn't always clear. Hornguy6 added a bunch of stuff to the photostudio but if you don't do modelling you'll miss it all.
There is talk about sorting out the generic sex (which is used for several events) with a plan in place and coder support so hopefully that will be a bigger impact change.

You are right we make no money for this, we live only for your enjoyment so when we fail we feel it too.

This dev cycle we had some major contributors cease active contribution. It lead to me having to find 2 new head writers and a new head of coders. Tbh, the content you did get is a fucking miracle. Before that we had slow progress as the old staff were not motivated anymore. I came close to just walking away a few times as morale was shot.

However, the new staff heads seem to be keen and full of ideas. Philo on the coding side has done masses of variable handling stuff you won't notice but makes the game more stable and has offset the variable limit (something no other QSP game has had to worry about) saving us from a need to rewrite part of the engine itself (not like the addons for video handling but the core of the engine).

I can't say the last 2 updates have set anyones world alight but I can say the next couple will be a very different experience just don't xpect us to somehow double the scenes and storylines, we have in the last 3.5 years gone from a file size of 14,179kb to 46,881kb and that is hundreds of scenes through various storylines. Our focus is back on content so we will be adding new scenes and more stories but we had to sort out so much in the code and then staff problems so things weren't good for you guys. I can't change that.
Thanks a bunch for writing all that. Maybe all that information was already out there and I just missed it, but it's really important I think to understand why things haven't been going so smooth as of late.

Had no idea you had been personally struggling so much with the project but I'm glad to hear things are improving with new contributors. At the end of the day my post wasn't meant to have any malice as yes I totally appreciate that all yall do this for free and for your own passion for the project. I was just concerned and curious. Wish yall well and I look forward to more updates!

Reactions: Kevin Smarts

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I see a problem with the 0.8.1 version. Schoolgirl path, when I go on dates at the end the game sort of crashes.

Could it be the image packs not overwiriten correctly? I did start with a game save half way through. I also did not see any images of the police officer who confronted the MC about Albina's dance group.

Error
Area: on visit
Line: 13
Code: 111
Desc: Location not found!
OK
View attachment 740119
Its because the home loaction on your save name doesn't update to new file name. Didn't realise this would happen but if you go into the Character description (the icon of a girls head) and on th efirst page the first highlighted item is your current home. Change that and then change it back and you shouldn't get this error again.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes