saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
Sorry if this has been answered before (found an old question but not an answer)... Is there a way or mod to streamline or skip the daily morning routine stuff? The "Full morning" routine option doesn't seem to do anything for me, apart from getting dressed and going to the bathroom. It says it will take one hour but it doesn't. And still need to shower and brush hair manually. I can see this getting increasingly old as the game goes on especially when or if I get around to starting a new game.

On that same topic, are there shortcuts for getting a flying start? I know there's a cheat menu but it's so plastered with warnings that I'm afraid to do anything at all with it it :LOL: seems like it requires deep knowledge of the entire game and triggers to use it with even relative safety. Money cheat for example: is it reasonably safe to give yourself a couple thousand $$ to just shortcut some of the "clean floors at the clinic" loops?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
But there's also a smart bimbo mode in the cheat menu. Which is reflected in real life. There are plenty of women in real life who identify as bimbos, but who are obviously pretty smart and successful. I think the dumb bimbo stereotype is just male wish fulfilment. I mean if you believed the hype you could have written off Marilyn Monroe as a dumb blonde. But that ignores the fact that she was an incredibly successful actress, and it takes more than good looks and a good body to become an international superstar like she did, and stay one for an extended period. So if you were a succubus, you could pretend to be a dumb slut like that for the purposes of feeding. But in reality you'd be the complete opposite.
Not going to debate it with you, because I personally don't like the bimbo trait and always turn it off because I don't agree with it.

All I can say is it was decided to add it and that it is the stereotype of a dumb bimbo as default in the game.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Is there a non-Discord option? I've used it, don't care for it. (Not a Boomer, but close!) Maybe some sort of template / formatting guide to make coders job easier?
You can try PM's but all the dev discussions, info etc is all done on discord. You could ask Kevin about helping with out being on discord but seriously everything we discuss etc is on discord.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered before (found an old question but not an answer)... Is there a way or mod to streamline or skip the daily morning routine stuff? The "Full morning" routine option doesn't seem to do anything for me, apart from getting dressed and going to the bathroom. It says it will take one hour but it doesn't. And still need to shower and brush hair manually. I can see this getting increasingly old as the game goes on especially when or if I get around to starting a new game.

On that same topic, are there shortcuts for getting a flying start? I know there's a cheat menu but it's so plastered with warnings that I'm afraid to do anything at all with it it :LOL: seems like it requires deep knowledge of the entire game and triggers to use it with even relative safety. Money cheat for example: is it reasonably safe to give yourself a couple thousand $$ to just shortcut some of the "clean floors at the clinic" loops?
I believe you have to set the routine just like the workout one. So you set it to do all the stuff you want it to do and then when you click it it does all of it in one click. I don't know all the options I never use it or any of the other routine options, I am also one of those that never skip straight from the apartment to outside or vise versa I always walk out of the apartment and down each of the stairs. So all I can say having never used it myself, is I believe it is done like all the routines and you have to set it up first.

As for cheats the money one is safe. the teleporting one and time ones are the two big ones that can cause issues. the rest are relatively safe. I have used most of them in test games to test things out and never had issues, other than with the time and teleportation ones.

Reactions: saucepan35

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
View attachment 1815224

Got this error while trying out the University start. Please, can someone help me out?
This is in teh release version but fixed in the bug fix Shrimpy posted

As I understand it, you can't be a succubus and a bimbo, in the standard default game. If you enable it in the cheat menu, does it then become possible and if so does it cause any issues? And what's the rationale for stopping player characters being a bimbo and a succubus in the main game anyway?
It should work fine, only issue is you might get a comment that is a bit off as writers will not expect you to have done this.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
This is in teh release version but fixed in the bug fix Shrimpy posted
Mega

It should work fine, only issue is you might get a comment that is a bit off as writers will not expect you to have done this.
I don't get why it's a problem. Obviously some people want their PC's to be dumb bimbos and that's perfectly fine. But why can't a player character roleplay a bimbo, without actually being dumb for real? And why can't a succubus do the same thing?. The vast majority of real women who claim to be bimbos, do exactly that.

When the term 'bimbo' was originally coined, it typically referred to a woman who was indeed dumb, or at least was perceived to be dumb because of her unconventional lifestyle. But that's long since been replaced by the notion, that women are bimbos, because of the way they look. Every woman who's had a lot of cosmetic surgery is depicted as a bimbo, regardless of how intelligent she might be. The intelligence angle is no longer a big factor

Last edited:

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I don't get why it's a problem. Obviously some people want their PC's to be dumb bimbos and that's perfectly fine. But why can't a player character roleplay a bimbo, without actually being dumb for real? And why can't a succubus do the same thing?. The vast majority of real women who claim to be bimbos, do exactly that.

When the term 'bimbo' was originally coined, it typically referred to a woman who was indeed dumb, or at least was perceived to be dumb because of her unconventional lifestyle. But that's long since been replaced by the notion, that women are bimbos, because of the way they look. Every woman who's had a lot of cosmetic surgery is depicted as a bimbo, regardless of how intelligent she might be. The intelligence angle is no longer a big factor
Partially because bimbo gives bonuses so it also has drawbacks and the lower int is one of them to help balance it out. If it had no drawback and just bonuses everyone would just become one as it would be the better option.

Reactions: Kevin Smarts

deathgothic

May 18, 2018
Nutluck when it comes to code especially open code compatibility is king, granted edgecases can be ignored but when it comes to modern conputers arm and linux while not common but not unheard of steamdeck for example uses bith arm and linux

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Partially because bimbo gives bonuses so it also has drawbacks and the lower int is one of them to help balance it out. If it had no drawback and just bonuses everyone would just become one as it would be the better option.
Well couldn't you just alter the bonuses, to take account of those benefitting from higher intelligence? From my perspective, I've already got drawbacks on my character because she's a slut outcast, which means she starts the school year with virtually everybody hating her. Slut outcast Sveta has to work much harder to make friends at school than any other PC start. So any advantages she accrues from being a smart bimbo, are going to be more than negated, by also choosing to be a slut outcast. And then of course, she's also a succubus, and satisfying her hunger enough often conflicts with the school schedule. So I'm not feeling any guilt over any very minor advantage I may gain from this cheat.

Last edited:

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Sorry to bother but was the "Misha + Stepfather" scene removed or reworked? Nothing seems to trigger it.
Nothing has been done with it that I am aware of but that doesn't sound familiar though. Sure it wasn't from a mod?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Nutluck when it comes to code especially open code compatibility is king, granted edgecases can be ignored but when it comes to modern conputers arm and linux while not common but not unheard of steamdeck for example uses bith arm and linux
I am not sure what you are bringing this up. You do know we have nothing at all to do with the qsp player right?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Well couldn't you just alter the bonuses, to take account of those benefitting from higher intelligence? From my perspective, I've already got drawbacks on my character because she's a slut outcast, which means she starts the school year with virtually everybody hating her. Slut outcast Sveta has to work much harder to make friends at school than any other PC start. So any advantages she accrues from being a smart bimbo, are going to be more than negated, by also choosing to be a slut outcast. And then of course, she's also a succubus, and satisfying her hunger enough often conflicts with the school schedule. So I'm not feeling any guilt over any very minor advantage I may gain from this cheat.
Slut outcast is a start or because you fell for being a bad girl and has nothing to do with being a bimbo, since anyone can become a bimbo.

Bimbo and succubus is a cheat, to use together. So if you are using that cheat just use the one where bimbo's are not dumb. I believe their is one.

Also as I have made clean I don't like the bimbo trait, so I am not the person you need to convince otherwise. I was only explaining to you why it was done the way it was.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Slut outcast is a start or because you fell for being a bad girl and has nothing to do with being a bimbo, since anyone can become a bimbo.

Bimbo and succubus is a cheat, to use together. So if you are using that cheat just use the one where bimbo's are not dumb. I believe their is one.

Also as I have made clean I don't like the bimbo trait, so I am not the person you need to convince otherwise. I was only explaining to you why it was done the way it was.
You say that anyone can become a bimbo. But that's not correct. As a succubus it's impossible from the official game position for my Player Character to be a bimbo. She can't make any choice about that, because the game makes it for her. The only way she can have a choice about the the Persona she wishes to adopt is by using a cheat.

I just don't understand why it's so impossible to have smart bimbos in the game? You say it's because bimbos are given certain advantages and lower intelligence is a balancing factor. Surely, as I've suggested it could be balanced by giving smarter bimbos less of those other advantages instead? And it's not like being a smart bimbo isn't a thing. Most women who identify as bimbos in real life, are not actually dumb. You could have your character get dumber and benefit from the advantages you talk about, or you could have them be smarter, but have much less or none of those advantages. I mean as a succubus, my Sveta doesn't need any of those advantages anyway. She just want's to be perceived as a Bimbo. For her it's a form of fetish, just like it is for most women who identify that way in real life.

But I realise it's not something you're interested in personally. I wasn't trying to suggest that you're the person that can do something about it. It's just that you and Kevin seem to be the two main people who are involved in developing the game, who take the time to answer questions on this site. It may not be your particular interest, but you are still on the inside, so you're aware of a lot of stuff that most of us who discuss the game here aren't. So please don't think I'm directing some form of criticism towards you.

Last edited:

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
You say that anyone can become a bimbo. But that's not correct. As a succubus it's impossible from the official game position for my Player Character to be a bimbo. She can't make any choice about that, because the game makes it for her. The only way she can have a choice about the the Persona she wishes to adopt is by using a cheat.

I just don't understand why it's so impossible to have smart bimbos in the game? You say it's because bimbos are given certain advantages and lower intelligence is a balancing factor. Surely, as I've suggested it could be balanced by giving smarter bimbos less of those other advantages instead? And it's not like being a smart bimbo isn't a thing. Most women who identify as bimbos in real life, are not actually dumb. You could have your character get dumber and benefit from the advantages you talk about, or you could have them be smarter, but have much less or none of those advantages. I mean as a succubus, my Sveta doesn't need any of those advantages anyway. She just want's to be perceived as a Bimbo. For her it's a form of fetish, just like it is for most women who identify that way in real life.
First if you read my post I say to be a bimbo and succubus is a cheat, so obviously I was referring to any start can be a bimbo not just the outcast slut, so saying it already has enough downsides has no bearing on the conversation.

Second as I have pointed out repeatedly, I am not the one you need to convince. Personally I would just do away with the bimbo trait because I don't think it fits the game and should just be a play style. Or at most be a trait that opens up special dialogue but otherwise does nothing. I don't like the bimbo trait period.

SpeakSoftly

Mar 11, 2022
The Steamdeck has an AMD processor, not Arm. As for Linux; Girl Life works fine on it - I know this because I'm playing on Manjaro using the qqsp build from the AUR (some of those words probably mean nothing to non-Linux users - don't worry about it.)

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
First if you read my post I say to be a bimbo and succubus is a cheat, so obviously I was referring to any start can be a bimbo not just the outcast slut, so saying it already has enough downsides has no bearing on the conversation.

Second as I have pointed out repeatedly, I am not the one you need to convince. Personally I would just do away with the bimbo trait because I don't think it fits the game and should just be a play style. Or at most be a trait that opens up special dialogue but otherwise does nothing. I don't like the bimbo trait period.
I didn't misread your post at all, and believe me I'm not having a go at you. As you've explained this feature of the game has nothing to do with you, and doesn't interest you at all. And that's fine. I'm just waffling on about my take on this part of the game. In the final analysis, I can still play the game the way I want to, in this particular playthrough, by using the cheat. So I won't say anything more about this subject.

May 11, 2021
...I won't say anything more about this subject.
Some supplementary information with regards to the "bimbo content."

1) With the most recent poll, there is only 8% of players described their playthrough as "Bimbo Only".

While we want people to have fun play Girl Life, it's counter productive to spread our already limited time and resource to change an existing game mechanic because you have a different opinion on what being a bimbette is in the year 2022.

2) Most importantly, there isn't a dev who is currently working on nor interested to work on bimbo content.

F95Zone, while lovely, isn't our home. We are here as a courtesy to the players that active only on this site. We answer your questions (actually by Nutluck, like, 95% of the time.) and pass forward bugs that you guys find in the game. It's fine to want to provide feedback but don't expect detailed and lengthy discussions as common occurrence here.

Most dev team members are more active on Girl Life discord channel, more so than TFGS (our home base.) So you are welcome to join in and have your say there.

Best,

Gwen

Reactions: Zara Scarlet
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes