madnomad69

Jan 15, 2020
If someone has adressed this i can't find it. For some reason now when i go to the lake i cant swim or sunbathe? Am i missing something

saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
The Rolan story was doing my head in so I had a look at the QSP to see if I could understand anything, and I think the design of some locations went a bit too far in the random events department. With some date-bound ones as the cherry on top. Especially when you can't easily progress time (my Sveta must have taken 100s of baths in his apt so far which requires like 5 clicks each time), it's made progressing this story a bit of a chore.

So it turns out, I'm at rolanworker=2 and it's currently January. To progress things, I have to wait for March (line 35 of rolanbath). I've got rolanworker=2 but also need RolanLoc[hour] to be 9 which can only happen if month >= 3 and month <= 11 if I'm not misreading the init block at the end of rolanapt. The game may have dropped a hint about this in the previous step, but if so I overlooked it. And I feel something this "big" (the quest is effectively frozen for 2 months at this point) could have done with a giant fat explicit hint everywhere you enter his apartment. I guess on one hand it's stuff like this that leads to people still discovering new things on the 3rd playthrough, but I find this unreasonably difficult when actively trying to pursue a specific questline.

The previous thing that also stopped me dead on this quest was needing to wear panties at all times (my Sveta is an elite commando ;)) when interacting with him, in this case specifically to even initiate the cooking lessons step. This actually made perfect sense in retrospect, since Rolan is a panty thief and fetishist. But it just didn't occur to me that this would be needed outside the bathroom, and the game never hints at it later on. Increasingly I'm finding it necessary to read the QSPs to suss out the final combinations of required stat flags to progress something with these quests and it suggests to me that some of the conditions are a bit too elaborate. It is what it is, I guess.

Consider this post part heads-up to anyone else stuck on Rolan, and part quest feedback (if anyone's still working on this quest)

Last edited:

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Sveta's mom has super powers. She can be in two places at the same time. Saturday night, is the one night that Sveta can come home late and not get scolded, because her mom is in Gadukino right? Maybe she's secretly a mage, and she leaves a clone at home, so she can catch a sneaky Sveta trying to disobey her rules?

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
It might be too cold. You can't swim or sunbathe if it's below 15C/59F.
Does that work anyway? I've lost count of the number of times the game has told me I'm getting chilly, when the temperature has been 30 C and over. Once it was 41 C and the game claimed I needed to cover up, because I was getting too cold!

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Right now the rough and I do mean rough idea for the game is
1 year pav school
4 years of uni
2-3 years post uni/or move to the city and just get a job

So if you play the pav school girl, go to the uni then do the post uni the goal is to someday have 7-8 years of content. IF we ever hit that we may keep going, right now we have maybe a year and half of it done.
Well that's certainly more than I expected. So let's hope that eventually happens

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Does that work anyway? I've lost count of the number of times the game has told me I'm getting chilly, when the temperature has been 30 C and over. Once it was 41 C and the game claimed I needed to cover up, because I was getting too cold!
I already told you that was from drinking a cold drink and has nothing to do with temperature checks, otherwise it wouldn't do it when it was hot.
Sveta's mom has super powers. She can be in two places at the same time. Saturday night, is the one night that Sveta can come home late and not get scolded, because her mom is in Gadukino right? Maybe she's secretly a mage, and she leaves a clone at home, so she can catch a sneaky Sveta trying to disobey her rules?
She doesn't go to Gad every week, it should only be once a month

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
No sometimes she goes there but not very often except in the summers and I don't believe she spends the night so she always goes back home. Keep in mind the village has not been updated to reflect the new family schedule we did a few updates ago.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Well that's certainly more than I expected. So let's hope that eventually happens
Most likely it will, I have been working on GL now for 6 years and Kevin longer than that. Early on there was not as many people working on it and we didn't really have a clear idea what to do with the game. Keep in mind it started as just a English translation and then we just started adding new content here and there with no over all goal. Then we learned a lot of stuff doing the pav school. For example the class and grade system went through like 3 or 4 versions until we was happy. Which saves us time on the Uni as it uses the same system.

So things should move faster than before but it will still take time.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
How do i get the Bdsm Club? and how do i Lose the permanent face makeup? :D
I know there is a couple of ways the only one I remember off the top of my head is the mistress in the city

in game I don't know, in RL it lasts about 2 months and I am hoping we change that in game version to match RL with both cost and how long it lasts.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Apparently the maximum fine for Prostitution in Russia, is only 2000 roubles. Which is about a tenth of what you're average street girl can expect to earn every night. It demonstrates how little the Russian Law system is concerned about Prostitution. And how much this game deviates from that. What typically happens with street girls in Russia, is that the Police threaten them with arrest, so that they can take advantage of them. In other words, receive bribes and/or sex. What is depicted in this game, only ever happens when a prostitute has committed another more serious crime, which actually warrants arrest.

Please can this be reflected in the game, and have the police actually take bribes ( at present the game says they are taking a bribe, but no money changes hands)? This and offering sex, would be far better than the present ridiculous system, which has Sveta spending the night in a police station, several times every week, if she works a lot. And any interactions with the Police should happen perhaps twice every week at most. Because even that is way more than it happens in RL. Maybe there could still be a low random possibility though, for her to actually get arrested by a Police Officer who was a stickler for the Law.

As far as I can see, nobody likes the present system. So there's no reason not to change it. Russian officialdom is riven with corruption, so reflecting that, rather than a law and order system that is more typical of European and American democracies, is surely what we should have. Sveta should either pay off a pimp to sort this for her, or pay off the police directly with cash and/or sex.

But as another person pointed out, the present system where the Police do this, and then arrest Sveta anyway, is just crazy. They could only get away with it, once or twice. After that, everyone would assume they were going to be duped, and would never offer bribes or sex again.

And please, can we have more scenes than the present four? Even if it's just a different set of images to the same text. There are also quite a few mods with their own street prostitution variations. Couldn't some of these be imported into the main game, to give us more variety?

Last edited:
Reactions: carabasse

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
No sometimes she goes there but not very often except in the summers and I don't believe she spends the night so she always goes back home. Keep in mind the village has not been updated to reflect the new family schedule we did a few updates ago.
Well on this occasion she was definitely there, because she asked Sveta to go with them that very morning. And the following morning the game suggested that the apartment was quiet, with her Mother, Father and Kolka all being in Gadukino. So unless she just came home to catch Sveta out, and then went back in the middle of the night, I guess we can assume she was never supposed to be there at all. It's another bug.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Something else that confuses me. If you go to sleep before midnight, it typically takes about 8 hours to get a full night of sleep. However, if you go to sleep more than 1 hour after midnight, it starts to take longer. For instance at 4AM, it takes approximately 10-11 hours, and after 6AM it takes over 12 hours. I think on one occasion where I went to bed at 10 AM on Sunday, I ended up sleeping till 3AM on Monday. Is there some logic to this, that's escaping me? Because it's not like Sveta has made some conscious decision to lounge about in bed all day, which might explain why she would sleep for so long.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Something else that confuses me. If you go to sleep before midnight, it typically takes about 8 hours to get a full night of sleep. However, if you go to sleep more than 1 hour after midnight, it starts to take longer. For instance at 4AM, it takes approximately 10-11 hours, and after 6AM it takes over 12 hours. I think on one occasion where I went to bed at 10 AM on Sunday, I ended up sleeping till 3AM on Monday. Is there some logic to this, that's escaping me? Because it's not like Sveta has made some conscious decision to lounge about in bed all day, which might explain why she would sleep for so long.
There was a potential mis-calculation that was ruining things in the sleep cycle. Rachels rewrote how it worked and added saveguards after the official release so it should work in the dev version. If its still playing up in that then let us know so we can take another look and see shat is going on.

mercytea

Oct 29, 2017
Qqsp_Hi9DifQHEb.jpg

Nerdy Group should re-arrange their weekly Game Night after they go to college. Can I just cancel the date for now without any consequence?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
View attachment 1826727

Nerdy Group should re-arrange their weekly Game Night after they go to college. Can I just cancel the date for now without any consequence?
We are talking about adding code to set things by year this release. Which will let us have basically 2 nerd game night triggers. One for 2016 if you are still going to pav school and one for 2017 if you are going to the Uni. Then just need to add in a little bit of text changes for the 2017 trigger so it takes place at the Uni library instead of the Pav one and then it should work just fine and remember your place. So if you started in pav but didn't finish all the DnD nights you can finish them at the Uni.

Reactions: mercytea

tortillabumcake

Apr 19, 2020
I wish there was a project with a MILF protagonist same manner with GirlLife. What I mean is MILFLife. There are lots of contents for it and might be applicable for the future. Also, maybe it is possible to mod the GirlLife for a MILF protagonist.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I wish there was a project with a MILF protagonist same manner with GirlLife. What I mean is MILFLife. There are lots of contents for it and might be applicable for the future. Also, maybe it is possible to mod the GirlLife for a MILF protagonist.
A mod isn't that hard to make but the issue would be how there are thousands of images for the PC that assume she is young, from the clothing and body part images through various scenes and of course the sex acts. You'd need to create a new image pack nearly from scratch if you wanted to update it all and that would be an insane task

Jinsem

Jul 31, 2017
Well on this occasion she was definitely there, because she asked Sveta to go with them that very morning. And the following morning the game suggested that the apartment was quiet, with her Mother, Father and Kolka all being in Gadukino. So unless she just came home to catch Sveta out, and then went back in the middle of the night, I guess we can assume she was never supposed to be there at all. It's another bug.
Overtime old saves become buggy on newer releases, I have lost a save where I went to bed but couldn't wake up, started by having to press sleep 3x over time before I could wake up, until neither emergency exit nor reload would save the situation.
Just be sure you are not playing an extremely save on new releases

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes