Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
When you play the City start, and you meet a random in St Petersburg. Why when he or she asks which school Sveta goes to, does she still say Pavlovsk, when she's finished high school for good?

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Some of the information that Natasha gives Sveta during their chats is wrong. For instance she claims you can buy cosmetics cheaper in the market. And whilst you can buy cosmetics in the market for 1000 roubles against 1300 in the Supermarket. You only get 20 items in the market, whilst you get 50 in the Supermarket. So in actual fact , it costs 50 roubles per item in the market, as against only 26 roubles per item in the Supermarket. You would think that a woman like Natasha, who has to watch every penny, would have worked something like that out?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
In the uni start , how to attend lecturessssss !!!!!!
when in the uni quad main outside area their is a act go to class or something along those lines, just click that. If you don't see it you don't have classes at that time or was late and can no longer attend that class that day.

SpeakSoftly

Mar 11, 2022
Some of the information that Natasha gives Sveta during their chats is wrong. For instance she claims you can buy cosmetics cheaper in the market. And whilst you can buy cosmetics in the market for 1000 roubles against 1300 in the Supermarket. You only get 20 items in the market, whilst you get 50 in the Supermarket. So in actual fact , it costs 50 roubles per item in the market, as against only 26 roubles per item in the Supermarket. You would think that a woman like Natasha, who has to watch every penny, would have worked something like that out?
If you want cheap (free) cosmetics just go to the supermarket in the St. Petersburg mall and shoplift them. It's possible I've just been incredibly lucky, but I suspect the code for getting caught hasn't been implemented.

Reactions: DracoBorealis

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
If you want cheap (free) cosmetics just go to the supermarket in the St. Petersburg mall and shoplift them. It's possible I've just been incredibly lucky, but I suspect the code for getting caught hasn't been implemented.
You can definitely get caught. Idk the odds but from my own save scumming I'd say you get caught about a quarter of the time.

Reactions: DracoBorealis

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
You can get caught it just isn't a super high chance, so you will get away with it more often than not but eventually you will get caught.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
When you make the custom start, what is the significance of choosing a social group to belong to, when all the starting stats, appearance and clothing that you end up with, are the same as the ugly duckling outcast? For instance, how could you possibly join the cool kids, when for all intents and purposes you start as an ugly duckling. The only difference is that individual relationships can be modified, but that doesn't help you join a particular social group. Without using the cheat menu it's impossible to have a full custom start as the game claims

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
When you make the custom start, what is the significance of choosing a social group to belong to, when all the starting stats, appearance and clothing that you end up with, are the same as the ugly duckling outcast? For instance, how could you possibly join the cool kids, when for all intents and purposes you start as an ugly duckling. The only difference is that individual relationships can be modified, but that doesn't help you join a particular social group. Without using the cheat menu it's impossible to have a full custom start as the game claims
You can change all teh equipment that you start with from cosmetics to a PC. The clothing is based on teh inhibition level so if you leave that at 0 you'll get the least attractive and adventurous clothing. If we gave you the slut clothing you wouldn't be able to wear it which would be a much bigger issue.
You can change all your appearance elements and weight, so you can be anything from the ugly duckling to a Godess if you want. It sounds like you didn't look at all the settings.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
No one said she was clever, nah the amounts were changed in the supermarket and whoever changed it didn't realise the market needed to be updated too. It has already been fixed on the repo so it'll be correct in next release.
When you play the City start, and you meet a random in St Petersburg. Why when he or she asks which school Sveta goes to, does she still say Pavlovsk, when she's finished high school for good?
Its because you're wearing a school uniform.
Seems to me, you don't know anymore than I do?

In any case, I don't want Sveta to get kicked out by Natasha. I'm playing the 'addedflavour' mod, so Sveta really needs to keep on good terms with her.
I didn't write Natasha's story line I can't say for sure exactly what her motivations were at every turn.
I can tell you how the code checks all your owned clothes to see how many need adjusting to add up the cost at the tailors and then resizes them all but I can't explain the psychology of all the npcs. Its not my area of specialization that's why I defer to and trust talented people like nutluck. He was head writer during much of Natasha's development maybe he can psychoanalyse her for you?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Most of her content is the same old original content. The few parts I worked on, i left her personality pretty much the same but made her a bit less spaztic. I have actually done very little with her. VK did all her church stuff. Akossi and Dr Cat did most of her reactions at home, for finding things in the bedroom, not sure which of them did which part. Anya did a little with her, some of her stuff like the workout yoga or jogging with her came from a mod that I only tweaked a little and added.

With that said though. My take on her was she was just one of those hypocritcs, and parents that are do what I say not what I do. Even if they do the same stuff they get mad at their kids for. She is obviously not a good mother, she has good intentions but overreacts to everything due to her own experiences and having failed Anya.

She knows how a rep can destroy your life, as her's impacted hers. She wants her kids to have a better life than she has, she wants them to not have kids when you, not let sex drive their life, wants them to go to college so they can get a good job etc. So her intentions are good but her methods are not, she doesn't explain things, just yells and demands her kids do what she says. Likely similar to how her parents treated her and why she rebelled and turned out the ways she did.

Anyways when someone gets around to do a complete revamp of her content they will assuredly tweak things, but her core nature won't change just the details.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
In the uni start , how to attend lecturessssss !!!!!!
It's linked from the main the University Campus on the Monday of whatever week contains the 1st of September.
You have a schedule in your journal with the times and days for each lecture.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
You can change all teh equipment that you start with from cosmetics to a PC. The clothing is based on teh inhibition level so if you leave that at 0 you'll get the least attractive and adventurous clothing. If we gave you the slut clothing you wouldn't be able to wear it which would be a much bigger issue.
You can change all your appearance elements and weight, so you can be anything from the ugly duckling to a Godess if you want. It sounds like you didn't look at all the settings.
The only thing I can change is my weight, there are no options to change appearance, and none of the starting stats reflect the social group you supposedly now belong to. For instance if you were in the cool kids, you would expect to have higher charisma and social skills, but they are still set to the basic 25 and 12 respectively. The inhibition level is always at 90, and there is no way to change it, without going into the cheat menu.

I can still change virtually everything by activating the cheat menu, but surely this shouldn't be necessary?

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I didn't write Natasha's story line I can't say for sure exactly what her motivations were at every turn.
I can tell you how the code checks all your owned clothes to see how many need adjusting to add up the cost at the tailors and then resizes them all but I can't explain the psychology of all the npcs. Its not my area of specialization that's why I defer to and trust talented people like nutluck. He was head writer during much of Natasha's development maybe he can psychoanalyse her for you?
I know a lot of different people have worked on different parts of the game, and you probably can't answer all my questions definitively. Don't worry about it. I'm just grateful you guys take the the trouble to answer our questions at all.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Most of her content is the same old original content. The few parts I worked on, i left her personality pretty much the same but made her a bit less spaztic. I have actually done very little with her. VK did all her church stuff. Akossi and Dr Cat did most of her reactions at home, for finding things in the bedroom, not sure which of them did which part. Anya did a little with her, some of her stuff like the workout yoga or jogging with her came from a mod that I only tweaked a little and added.

With that said though. My take on her was she was just one of those hypocritcs, and parents that are do what I say not what I do. Even if they do the same stuff they get mad at their kids for. She is obviously not a good mother, she has good intentions but overreacts to everything due to her own experiences and having failed Anya.

She knows how a rep can destroy your life, as her's impacted hers. She wants her kids to have a better life than she has, she wants them to not have kids when you, not let sex drive their life, wants them to go to college so they can get a good job etc. So her intentions are good but her methods are not, she doesn't explain things, just yells and demands her kids do what she says. Likely similar to how her parents treated her and why she rebelled and turned out the ways she did.

Anyways when someone gets around to do a complete revamp of her content they will assuredly tweak things, but her core nature won't change just the details.
Now I understand why she maybe behaves oddly sometimes. So many different people have worked on her content.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Its because you're wearing a school uniform
After I made that post, I actually wondered if that was the case. I was wearing the skimpy school uniform that you get at the start. It doesn't really look much like a school uniform to me, so I sometimes forget that it is.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes