Cloud73

Feb 7, 2018
I'm willing to write this.
But unwilling to work the coding.
I'm able to, but won't do it because i don't take enjoyment in that.

If someones good with coding and enjoys it, I'm willing to do the writing.
Already stated that in some.. previous posts, i think.
I probably just missed it. My bad!

I do believe that it would be more fruitful at this point to scout out someone who is willing to code it in, though.

The main branch team seems pretty certain on how they'd prefer to write the characters. Getting a mod created, on the other hand, is totally doable with like-minded individuals.

Also, I'm sure that the development team wouldn't mind giving advice for that, since mods themselves don't affect the main development in any way.

In either case, best of luck!

Reactions: Kevin Smarts

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
A good idea - let her get paddled, caned or tawsed at school for various misbehavior or missing classes. All would result in adding pain to butt cheeks. And more possibilities when it happens - like her butt cheeks are sore, then bright red, then welted, then bruised. Eventually badly bruised or severely bruised, welted and even bloody if bad enough.

Daekas

Jul 26, 2017
I probably just missed it. My bad!

I do believe that it would be more fruitful at this point to scout out someone who is willing to code it in, though.

The main branch team seems pretty certain on how they'd prefer to write the characters. Getting a mod created, on the other hand, is totally doable with like-minded individuals.

Also, I'm sure that the development team wouldn't mind giving advice for that, since mods themselves don't affect the main development in any way.

In either case, best of luck!
Don't worry, it wasn't an accusation of any sort, just pointed it out that i think i stated that already.

--------------------------------------------

If someone's into coding more content with the mom - (as for a mod)
Let. Me. Know.
I'll volunteer to write it.

In regard of writing, i'm not bad,
tho i take no enjoyment in coding, therefor i am looking for someone to do that.

netuttki

May 10, 2018
[/QUOTE]
Most definitely, it's been stated even in this convo that modders are supported.
Really? It seems they ask for blowjobs more than everything else combined. Of course I also get the cop literally every night she's out so might just be lousy luck.
Right. Random events can act weird, I had nights when every single event was the cop and he always let me go.
Never again, but that was a very, very weird run.

Just a request, when talking about prostitution related things in the future, could you please add the location?
There are temporarily 4 different ways prostitution is managed:
  1. The Pavlovsk random approach and looking for clients one - ported from WLife.
  2. The Pavlovsk and City Industrial gas station, washing cars leading to request for service - the one that can end in abduction
  3. The St. Petersburg City prostitution (this is the one you were asking about)
  4. The Gadukino prostitution - ported from WLife using the system that is used at the gas station in the mod.
The plan is to end up with #1 in Pavlovsk and #4 in most other places, but for the time being, it would be a great help if you added the location, just so we know what code to look at when answering the question.

Genjurooo

Mar 27, 2019
netuttki here's 2 more gameplay issues with wlife prostitution in pavlovsk at least:
1. The random events mess with the player timing different things. Like for example going to school. My char is late very often and sometimes I have to reload as so many of those events trigger which sometimes even advances the time past 9:00. Maybe I'll just leave home earlier, that would be a solution since I don't want to use the willpower options now that willpower is needed even more for school. But then again, these random prostitution events mess with timing other things, like jobs and such.
I propose 2 more paths to deal with this issue (both should take very little willpower or none at all):
a) have sveta say she's in a hurry and clients take a raincheck and met sveta afterwards, at a fixed hour, in residential (same mechanic as random dates)
b) have sveta say she's in a hurry and ask the clients to be fast about it (time advances very little and no apartment scenes)

2. The willpower cost for "looking for clients" makes little sense after sveta done it for long enough. The cost IMO should gradually decrease into nothing.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
The Tailor in Pavlovsk currently throws an error when you try to visit it:

Code:
Area: on visit
Line: 14
Code: 119
Desc: Unknown action!
Line 15 in pav_factory.qsrc needs to be modified from:
'There is a small wooden counter and a sign that says, "If you can't wear it, we'll adjust it."'

to:
'There is a small wooden counter and a sign that says, "If you can''t wear it, we''ll adjust it."'

Edhinor

Jun 3, 2022
I have to disagree here, no.
That's, sadly, a common misunderstanding nowadays.
And, gotta say, this is a lazy excuse in my opinion. The Developers from Cloudmeadow brought up the same.. ^^
(well, of course they muted all the nay sayers, but you catch my drift here)

You see, we do have 2022. Today, it's how people behave, mostly.
Don't talk, don't look, just be that anonymous 'one of many' Dood'.
Every been to MMO's? Back in the day, in comparison to today's 'standards'?
Same ol' game. They literally can't bring it over them to say 'hi' at the start of a match/dungeon - or 'bye' at the end.
'Thanks' and ' you're welcome', haven't heard that in a long while. Sure, there are people that talk, but it's been something that has started to become extinct, really.
Been the head of a bigger guild for some years. After reaching out to players, even if they declined an invitation, for example, they always declined. Vocally. (Textchat, of course). Today? You'd be lucky if they write back - at all.

People that don't talk either don't care enough to, or simply don't want to.
If something's good, you talk.
If something's bad, you talk.
Not just good or bad, of course. Like Good and Bad.
Problem nowadays? - Nobody cares. So nobody talks.

Most people talking want to discuss, ask, theorize.
And this, at least in my opinion, is worth far more than some mutes with no opinions.
Because they want to be a part of it. At least those that try'na do it the civilized way.
I actually have professional experience in customer service for some really big games, one of them a really big MMO. It is absolutely true that happy players are less vocal. They are getting what they want, so they are playing. Unhappy ones go to the forums or to support functions to complain, it is very basic human nature.

When the company I worked for changed things based on player feedback on forums they ended up alienating a big part of the community. They hired the services of Gallup to help getting feedback and revamping the customer satisfaction survey and their advice was exactly the same, unhappy people are more vocal.

This company had very strong analytics of player behaviour, which content players engaged with, which content players avoided... etc and many, many times, this was completely contrary to the feedback on the forums.

Customer feedback still has value, obviously, and being able to listen to it and adapt is important, however any developer should be extremely careful on which feedback to follow and to which degree.

I think ultimately one thing is absolutely true, a developer should create the game that they themselves would like to play, and I think the team here has a clear idea for why they do it the way they do. I think their vision for the mother is absolutely consistent with the personality they have given her, and I thank them for that.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
A good idea - let her get paddled, caned or tawsed at school for various misbehavior or missing classes. All would result in adding pain to butt cheeks. And more possibilities when it happens - like her butt cheeks are sore, then bright red, then welted, then bruised. Eventually badly bruised or severely bruised, welted and even bloody if bad enough.
It is already in the game and more. It needs to be gone over though as it was one of my earliest things I added to the school nearly 7 years ago and my writing and the coding for the game has gotten a lot better since then.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
It is already in the game and more. It needs to be gone over though as it was one of my earliest things I added to the school nearly 7 years ago and my writing and the coding for the game has gotten a lot better since then.
Wow, it's been around that long?

yoyodyne

Sep 13, 2017
The Tailor in Pavlovsk currently throws an error when you try to visit it:

Code:
Area: on visit
Line: 14
Code: 119
Desc: Unknown action!
Line 15 in pav_factory.qsrc needs to be modified from:
'There is a small wooden counter and a sign that says, "If you can't wear it, we'll adjust it."'

to:
'There is a small wooden counter and a sign that says, "If you can''t wear it, we''ll adjust it."'
Why? The latter is grammatically incorrect. The tailor seems to work for me.

The text as it appears is correct:

There is a small wooden counter and above that a sign that says "If you can't wear it we'll adjust it"
Behind the counter an elderly man is inspecting some repaired clothes, he stops and smiles gently, greeting you.
"Hello there young lady, do you want to adjust some of your clothing? It'll cost you 500  per item."

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I have one: The placement of the musician icon should be moved up to where all the other icons are. It's all the way at the bottom of the page. If you don't scroll all the way down, you'll miss it.
Yeah I have brought that one up myself. I am not sure why it is down there.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah this is a gem that's been around for years and years. I've been playing this from the very beginning (including the games this is inspired by) and it's so nice to see this game grow.
GL as a game as in adding new content is somewhere between 7 and 8 years old now. I have been working on it for 6 and half years roughly. It started as just a english translation project but at some point just before I joined they started adding new content and now it has little in common with the original game other than the overall theme and feel. Most of the old content has now been completely reworked or even replaced.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Why? The latter is grammatically incorrect. The tailor seems to work for me.

The text as it appears is correct:

There is a small wooden counter and above that a sign that says "If you can't wear it we'll adjust it"
Behind the counter an elderly man is inspecting some repaired clothes, he stops and smiles gently, greeting you.
"Hello there young lady, do you want to adjust some of your clothing? It'll cost you 500  per item."
It's not about grammar, it's about the way the game engine interprets the ' symbol. And this error is in the dev branch. The descriptive text for the Tailor was modified 6 days ago in the dev branch, which introduced the error.

Edit: Looks like Kevin already made the fixes an hour ago

Last edited:
  • Hey there

netuttki

May 10, 2018
netuttki here's 2 more gameplay issues with wlife prostitution in pavlovsk at least:
1. The random events mess with the player timing different things. Like for example going to school. My char is late very often and sometimes I have to reload as so many of those events trigger which sometimes even advances the time past 9:00. Maybe I'll just leave home earlier, that would be a solution since I don't want to use the willpower options now that willpower is needed even more for school. But then again, these random prostitution events mess with timing other things, like jobs and such.
I propose 2 more paths to deal with this issue (both should take very little willpower or none at all):
a) have sveta say she's in a hurry and clients take a raincheck and met sveta afterwards, at a fixed hour, in residential (same mechanic as random dates)
b) have sveta say she's in a hurry and ask the clients to be fast about it (time advances very little and no apartment scenes)

2. The willpower cost for "looking for clients" makes little sense after sveta done it for long enough. The cost IMO should gradually decrease into nothing.
1. That's something that I'm fixing - I was moving the things over, there wasn't a lot of time to rewrite some of the things that don't make sense.
The events should not start early in the morning, so those will be moved to later in the day. In the mod it doesn't cause a problem because by the time you reach this point, there is a very high chance that you are expelled from the school.

Willpower will be tweaked too along with the chances - wearing a normal school uniform will lower the chances considerably compared to wearing a belt, a sheer top and 10" Ho-Mopeds.

2. Agree, again, willpower needs tweaking. Unfortunately there is only a limited number of hours in a day, and there is a physical limit to how fast I can type and move the mouse :D

So these are all valid observations and I'm working on them.

That said, being famous in a small town for being a prostitute can mess with school and job.

Reactions: Genjurooo
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes