maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
Your character is currently pregnant? Mine has been for about 90 days, but I don't see any entries like that at the bottom of the journal. I'm running with code that's current with the git repo though, so I dunno if anything has changed regarding the journal.
Yeah she's pregnant with 2 implanted embryos, so it is those showing up for me. I also built the game from repo on Wednesday.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Yeah she's pregnant with 2 implanted embryos, so it is those showing up for me. I also built the game from repo on Wednesday.
Do you already have kids that were born from before? Maybe that's why I'm not seeing anything yet. Once you already have a kid maybe it lumps the unborn ones in there also

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
Do you already have kids that were born from before? Maybe that's why I'm not seeing anything yet. Once you already have a kid maybe it lumps the unborn ones in there also
That might be it, as you can see she has 5 boys already.

Mahroni

Aug 22, 2020
Sveta can't tell who's child she having or there's no DNA test at clinics. Not long ago she could tell exactly who's child she carrying to her friends, mom. She is not doing any part of therapist quest line. What gibs?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Sveta can't tell who's child she having or there's no DNA test at clinics. Not long ago she could tell exactly who's child she carrying to her friends, mom. She is not doing any part of therapist quest line. What gibs?
I don't know if she's supposed to automatically know, but you can click the blue text in the stat window that says "You are pregnant..." and select the father from the possible options.

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
Sadly it seems there's quite a few cases what she doesn't recognize as potential risks. I think most contraception methods make her discard the possibility of pregnancy even when all of them have a chance to fail. Ideally she could consider anyone as the father if they had sex, but right now there isn't a separate list for the fathers to contest her claims so the list is a bit strict to take both sides into consideration.

On a side note, I think my current character is having brown twins and she's going to tell her brother that they are his...

Oh, and if you absolutely want to have the father on the list you can add him with the console commands.

$wombpotfath[0] in console should return 'unknown' if you got nobody in the list and $wombpotfath[1] should be empty. So you can add $wombpotfath[1]='theID of your desired dad' into the console to add a new father. Like $wombpotfath[1]='A34' should add Kolka as potential father. You can use the NPC editor in cheat menu to find the IDs you need. Also disclaimer: I'm just a random person suggesting console commands without expertise. This should work, but if your game breaks I'm afraid somebody might point out not to use console commands in the first place.

EDIT: Not to double post. Did something change in the way pregnancy records the expected father? Just a few versions ago I was able to get brother talk about the pregnancy but now as I look the conditions for it to happen it has if arrpos('$ChildThFath','Kolka') >= 0 which, as far as I can tell will never result to anything but -1 as the $ChildThFath is in forms of ID rather than first names the arrpos can never locate it from that array. So my kid being fathered by 'A34' still returns -1 in that check even when that ID is Kolka.

Last edited:

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
As I have mentioned before the pregnancy code has some issues in it but the person that wrote it is no longer on the team and non of the rest of us completely understand how it works. So the coders are not sure what is going on, why it is happening or how to fix it. Eventually it will likely get rewritten but with a lot of notes so others will understand it.

pldmdfan325

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a couple of updates behind. Can i just the QSP file, the 8.9 core image and sound pack and have everything? Or is there more items I need?

Nice Kitty

Sep 28, 2022
As I have mentioned before the pregnancy code has some issues in it but the person that wrote it is no longer on the team and non of the rest of us completely understand how it works. So the coders are not sure what is going on, why it is happening or how to fix it. Eventually it will likely get rewritten but with a lot of notes so others will understand it.
I said 4 weeks ago that pregnancy in the game is not needed at all in any game. This is extra work and time. There are a lot of problems with the pregnancy code in the game. Then, logically, you don’t need and don’t need an ovulation script, etc. THEN you need to remove a lot of mini links in the game where the hospital and contraceptives are in it, in general, there are still many, many problems with this pregnancy
I also said why and what would happen if GG gives birth, I got to this point and nothing happened. Either he died, or in children's home. Therefore, pregnancy in games is a difficult thing.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I said 4 weeks ago that pregnancy in the game is not needed at all in any game. This is extra work and time. There are a lot of problems with the pregnancy code in the game. Then, logically, you don’t need and don’t need an ovulation script, etc. THEN you need to remove a lot of mini links in the game where the hospital and contraceptives are in it, in general, there are still many, many problems with this pregnancy
I also said why and what would happen if GG gives birth, I got to this point and nothing happened. Either he died, or in children's home. Therefore, pregnancy in games is a difficult thing.
I agree and advocate removing it until we get to the stage we will revamp it and start working on Sveta starting her own family content. But I am in the minority and most of the players want it kept even if it has issues and doesn't always work. So for now it sits like it is.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
You're not wrong but we have many people in the community that want it even though it is all kinds of broken because they have a pregnancy fetish or something. Best I can suggest is get the implant and pretend there's no pregnancy content. ;)

Reactions: DeMarcus16

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
You're not wrong but we have many people in the community that want it even though it is all kinds of broken because they have a pregnancy fetish or something. Best I can suggest is get the implant and pretend there's no pregnancy content. ;)
Is there a list somewhere with known issues with the pregnancy content?

Reactions: Kevin Smarts
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes