Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Is there a list somewhere with known issues with the pregnancy content?
No, its not a consistant issue and the code in there is so convoluted that it has driven grown men to insanity before.
Issues include not being able to identify father or potential fathers missing from option for Sveta to think it is. No means to DNA test teh kid to prove or dis-prove the real dad. Names of fathers and the kids randomly dissappearing. Due date not updating even when close to birth. No pre-natal care, or post-natal for that matter. Kids ages resetting and names vanishing. That's just from teh top of my head, I know there's more.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
No, its not a consistant issue and the code in there is so convoluted that it has driven grown men to insanity before.
Issues include not being able to identify father or potential fathers missing from option for Sveta to think it is. No means to DNA test teh kid to prove or dis-prove the real dad. Names of fathers and the kids randomly dissappearing. Due date not updating even when close to birth. No pre-natal care, or post-natal for that matter. Kids ages resetting and names vanishing. That's just from teh top of my head, I know there's more.
Sveta is currently pregnant in my game so I can attempt to investigate any issues I notice. I can't really add to the content though since writing isn't my strong suit.

not being able to identify father or potential fathers missing from option for Sveta to think it is.
I've noticed nameless people at the disco which are supposed to be ones she's danced with previously, but I haven't tried looking into that yet. Kind of seems like the NPC isn't being saved properly or something. I wonder if those 2 issues are connected.

Reactions: Kevin Smarts

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I've noticed nameless people at the disco which are supposed to be ones she's danced with previously, but I haven't tried looking into that yet. Kind of seems like the NPC isn't being saved properly or something. I wonder if those 2 issues are connected.
The disco ones are maybe fixed, Hornguy has been doing what he can to resolve this issue. It has to be either in npcgeneratec or at this point more likely something damaging the arrays somewhere in the code but that could be anywhere.

Reactions: Grim

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
Yoh yoh yoh 5? How old is your PC now?
She's 17. I was just playing around testing balance for the little mod I made. I had way over-tuned numbers for the ovulation hormone and at her 2nd pregnancy she had quadruplets. Part of the mod also increased gestation speed so that's how she got so many kids so young. Well that and the fact she hasn't had menstruation since first month because she's constantly pregnant.

Oh, and she is also cursed by the stallion. Which is fairly insane for pregnancy on top of my messy boosts.

mello77

Jan 9, 2018
Is is possible that the team just works on it once and for all, I think if you were to send it in for a vote it would turn out to be a priority.
I see lots of devs complaining about it but they are not taking up on the project either.
I would vote take it out if you are going to work on it, unless it was breaking the entire game in which case again wouldn't that make it a priority?
It doesnt need to be tied to a complete storyline where Sveta can settle down get married and stuff.
I suspect many players once done with school will probably start over a new save anyway, so thats why pregnancy doesnt bother them much even if the babies will never grow and buggy as hell. And again its something people can always toggle off if it did bother them, but instead its coming up as an issue that seems to be popular, once again doesnt that point towards it priority?

mello77

Jan 9, 2018
She's 17. I was just playing around testing balance for the little mod I made. I had way over-tuned numbers for the ovulation hormone and at her 2nd pregnancy she had quadruplets. Part of the mod also increased gestation speed so that's how she got so many kids so young. Well that and the fact she hasn't had menstruation since first month because she's constantly pregnant.

Oh, and she is also cursed by the stallion. Which is fairly insane for pregnancy on top of my messy boosts.
Wait so the stallion curse is permanent?

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Is is possible that the team just works on it once and for all, I think if you were to send it in for a vote it would turn out to be a priority.
I see lots of devs complaining about it but they are not taking up on the project either.
I would vote take it out if you are going to work on it, unless it was breaking the entire game in which case again wouldn't that make it a priority?
It doesnt need to be tied to a complete storyline where Sveta can settle down get married and stuff.
I suspect many players once done with school will probably start over a new save anyway, so thats why pregnancy doesnt bother them much even if the babies will never grow and buggy as hell. And again its something people can always toggle off if it did bother them, but instead its coming up as an issue that seems to be popular, once again doesnt that point towards it priority?
The whole team working on it wouldn't help as only one or two who are super busy with rl stuff have the skill to tackle such a complex system. Its way beyond me for example and a lot of the team are writers (some with basic code skills many without).

Reactions: mello77

mello77

Jan 9, 2018
It is, yes. It halves the random number range in fertilization test, guarantees implantation and kills you if you miscarry or get an abortion. You need magic, though. In non-magical worlds he just fucks you.
Seems like I screwed up. I thought it would only apply once. Anyway I found a spell to actually kill Kitsume at last, I am sure Ill beat him next time I see him.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
The problem is the person that wrote it is gone. None of the coders currently working on it, understand the code. Which means rebuilding the code from scratch. Even if we did that currently no one is working on nor has a idea for content for a Sveta that is a mother, which would mean even if one or more coders spend the time needed to rebuild it. It still wouldn't lead to anything after birth at the moment. Which is a big reason it is a low priority, once someone wants to write content for a mother Sveta then it will become a bigger priority.

It is not complaining about the code, my biggest issue is answering the same questions about people having issues with it over and over and over. It gets old trying to explain it has issues and doesn't completely work. Especially since I am not a coder and even understand less about what is going on with it than Kevin does.

It was briefly discussed once on discord and the majority wanted to keep it and when i say majority I mean almost everyone responded with they wanted it to stay even if broken.

Starting over will become less of a option as we go, the last three updates have more and more content you will only see in year two of the game or if you start with one of the city starts. As more stuff gets added eventually there will be stuff that only shows up in year 3 or later. Which is why eventually we will fix it and will have content for Sveta starting her own family.

The long term outline for the game is
Year 1 = Pav school year
Year 2-5 = Uni years, part time/low paying jobs
Year 6-8 = Post graduate years, working a high paying job with a degree, starting your own family.

We are currently working on year two, we will go back and add more stuff to year 1 as well from time to time, but we are focused more on making content for year 2.

Villageman

Donor
Jun 9, 2017
Is the dialogue with Ashot currently the last event at the new Roadhouse Cafe?

The event ends with the following sentence:

"From her dishwashing station, you see Nika roll her eyes and shake her head."

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Is the dialogue with Ashot currently the last event at the new Roadhouse Cafe?

The event ends with the following sentence:

"From her dishwashing station, you see Nika roll her eyes and shake her head."
Sorry I honestly have no clue. I would have to look at the change log to know who even wrote the new stuff and I have no clue what they added or how much was added. I doubt they post here, most of the devs only post on discord. Kevin, myself and a couple of others are the only ones that post here.

ToniK88

Jul 9, 2019
The game is amazing but when I play I like to switch off many grinding part, like eating, drinking, +always combing hair, makeup near smear, don't get or losing weight. Is there any guide on which option can brake the game and prevent t get some events?

Knightttt

Mar 9, 2020
Appearance depends on body shape-size, fat %, teeth, glass( nerd group only), makeup, hair, underwear, dress etc. In recent updates most of new parameters added to balance so sveta does not always look like divine entity. Now it's nerfed to the point that sveta getting rejected in a lot of sex scenes that require above 6. Example modelling, online jobs, gopnic sex encounters. If you're a player in competitive sports(coach storyline) you r more likely to gain a Herculean body which in my case reduced her appearance by 2 points.
I found it, you need a stocky bodytype in order to progress.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
The game is amazing but when I play I like to switch off many grinding part, like eating, drinking, +always combing hair, makeup near smear, don't get or losing weight. Is there any guide on which option can brake the game and prevent t get some events?
Ok the stuff you mentioned none of it would. Just make sure your are in the ideal BMI before turning off weight gain lose so you can max out your hotcat still, but other than that none of the rest would cause any issues. You might miss a couple of small little events here and there but nothing major. Like I believe there is a couple of spots where people will react to you having smeared makeup for example.

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
About the Pregnancy System (and other areas of the game).

There is three coders that have the skill to refactor the code, two of which are dealing with the edge cases, real life and their own content. They also step in when coders like myself come across an issue with QSP or want to do more advanced design work.

I'm one of the coders who's working on the game, and I'm predominantly focussed in improving the core frameworks for adding content, improving the users experience, on top of this I'm also refactoring one of the core quests in the game which isn't easy because of ad hoc nature of it being added over the years and is likely to break parts of the game. To give you an idea of how long project takes, it took me nearly a month to finish the employment and event systems that's me designing, testing, and getting feedback before integration into the core game. The next few cycles will see me start to integrate these and the new payment system into the game more comprehensively, but my priority is to finish the questline first.

People should also remember this isn't a 9-5 job, this is whatever we can grab time to code or write job. We don't get paid, and we will never ask for payments as that brings in a whole host of issues that'd likely kill GL.

The pregnancy system is a small part of GL, if it interests you (or anyone else here) how about contributing to the game? That's how content is added to the game, most people take on existing NPCs and expand on them or find bugs and end up fixing those bugs. Sometimes leaving and sometimes staying. The team is small, and we have to deal with real life on top of this. We do this because we love what the game has, and despite it's flaws the reproductive cycle is still one of the best in any game. If anyone can point to a game that has a rich and complex system as GL I'd interested to see it. Even if we fixed the pregnancy code, we'd still need people to write the content and coders don't make for writers usually.

This isn't a criticism of anyone here but more to make posters aware we've a small dedicated team of 4-5 core people who drive the project forward and people like myself who will come and go due to real life who contribute to the game in various ways. Feedback is always welcome but please remember the feature you want may be only a small part of what we work on or has been abandoned by the original author leaving half finished quests or code for someone else to pick up such as the Therapist line. If you feel you want to contribute, contact Kevin over on Discord with your idea(s) but if you do I will ask if you're going to add content please try to flesh it out as much as you can before contributing or consider creating a mod instead.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes