maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
I for one really appreciate the pregnancy system is kept in, even if it is not perfect or fleshed out with maternal content afterwards.

I have gone through multiple instances of it in the past month or so and outside of the very first one where I somehow managed to implant embryos without them receiving the 'unborn' designation there has not been horrible issues. I tried looking up what could possibly cause the embryo to implant without getting named 'unborn' and I didn't find any, sorry. But that is what caused a cascade of issues which I reported here. Like babies being born right relies on the embryo being named 'unborn' or it will just break when it tries to look up who is getting born. (Side note, if a player names their kid 'unborn' I imagine it causes a whole bunch of issues. Likely you'd see 'born again' get a rather direct meaning.)

I'm tracking down the inconsistency why sometimes baby's potential father is referred with their ID and sometimes by first name. For many events it seems to check the first name, but for coding it would be better practice to use the unique identifier ID. There could be multiple 'Vladimir' characters, for example. Right now it seems to be a mix of the two, which can't work long term and probably is the source of lot of headache already. I can't promise I find the root of this issue but I'll try to see what I find. If the ID is preferred, then it means many events need to be corrected to check for ID rather than names. Somebody needs to make a decision here.

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
I for one really appreciate the pregnancy system is kept in, even if it is not perfect or fleshed out with maternal content afterwards.
If you have code that you think could be brought into the fold, drop the team a message through the code-stuff group on Discord and we'll review for integration. Even ad hoc contributions are welcome if they improve the game experience and help fix outstanding issues.

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
You guys were not kidding, the web of variables around pregnancy are quite a maze. However, I did spot at least one inconsistency in femcyc.qsrc line 643. $ChildThFath[nextbaby] = $wombpotfath[0] used there will give 'unknown' or ID in form of 'A11'. The variable is then checked for comments about pregnancy and compared against name string variables. I'll compile a version where I change it to $ChildThFath[nextbaby] = $npc_usedname[$wombpotfath[0]] instead and see if something else blows up.

Scratch that, I must also check there is actually an ID to pass onto the $npc_usedname, else I get a null string.

HoodedSilence

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
You guys were not kidding, the web of variables around pregnancy are quite a maze.

The Sanitorium is over there ->

You'll need it once you've finished! It hurt my brain when I last looked at the code and QSP lacks the tools to make it easier.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017

I have gone through multiple instances of it in the past month or so and outside of the very first one where I somehow managed to implant embryos without them receiving the 'unborn' designation there has not been horrible issues. I tried looking up what could possibly cause the embryo to implant without getting named 'unborn' and I didn't find any, sorry. But that is what caused a cascade of issues which I reported here. Like babies being born right relies on the embryo being named 'unborn' or it will just break when it tries to look up who is getting born. (Side note, if a player names their kid 'unborn' I imagine it causes a whole bunch of issues. Likely you'd see 'born again' get a rather direct meaning.)

I'm tracking down the inconsistency why sometimes baby's potential father is referred with their ID and sometimes by first name. For many events it seems to check the first name, but for coding it would be better practice to use the unique identifier ID. There could be multiple 'Vladimir' characters, for example. Right now it seems to be a mix of the two, which can't work long term and probably is the source of lot of headache already. I can't promise I find the root of this issue but I'll try to see what I find. If the ID is preferred, then it means many events need to be corrected to check for ID rather than names. Somebody needs to make a decision here.
Using the NPCstatic code is how it should be. Every named NPC has their own code. Like Dimka is A1, Sonia is A25, Anushka is A144 etc. I think the problem with the pregnancy is, as you said it uses both, the reason it uses both is temp NPC's like the random boyfriends you can date don't have set numbers. So I think it then has to use the assigned first name. The random BF system is another system I honestly don't know how it works and that might be one of the bigger issues with the pregnancy.

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
Using the NPCstatic code is how it should be. Every named NPC has their own code. Like Dimka is A1, Sonia is A25, Anushka is A144 etc. I think the problem with the pregnancy is, as you said it uses both, the reason it uses both is temp NPC's like the random boyfriends you can date don't have set numbers. So I think it then has to use the assigned first name. The random BF system is another system I honestly don't know how it works and that might be one of the bigger issues with the pregnancy.
Random npc seem to be using ID starting with C, 'C25' etc. This does not seem to cause problems as it follows same logic and pattern. The current change I am testing is femcyc.qsrc line 642 changed into:

Code:
                if arrsize('$wombpotfath') = 1 and ($wombpotfath ! 'unknown' and $wombpotfath ! ''):
                    $ChildThFath[nextbaby] = $npc_usedname[$wombpotfath[0]]
                else
                    $ChildThFath[nextbaby] = 'unknown'
                end
There was some $boy variables that still offer a name instead of ID but looking at it, it seems like some older than dinosaur content. However, as I presumed this way of using names does bring in problems. Just now I had random NPC 'C25' appear. If he gets me pregnant the child will be labeled as child of 'Dimka', which would then assume it's the Dimka on my class if somebody wrote pregnancy reactions for him. He might already even have such. The best practice would be to always use the 'C25' pattern ID on the code side to avoid mix-ups.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Random npc seem to be using ID starting with C, 'C25' etc. This does not seem to cause problems as it follows same logic and pattern. The current change I am testing is femcyc.qsrc line 642 changed into:

Code:
                if arrsize('$wombpotfath') = 1 and ($wombpotfath ! 'unknown' and $wombpotfath ! ''):
                    $ChildThFath[nextbaby] = $npc_usedname[$wombpotfath[0]]
                else
                    $ChildThFath[nextbaby] = 'unknown'
                end
There was some $boy variables that still offer a name instead of ID but looking at it, it seems like some older than dinosaur content. However, as I presumed this way of using names does bring in problems. Just now I had random NPC 'C25' appear. If he gets me pregnant the child will be labeled as child of 'Dimka', which would then assume it's the Dimka on my class if somebody wrote pregnancy reactions for him. He might already even have such. The best practice would be to always use the 'C25' pattern ID on the code side to avoid mix-ups.
Yeah it should always use code instead of names. But since there has been issues with the boyfriend names not showing up etc. I assume there is a issue there as well, which might be making the pregnancy code worse.

But if you are serious about helping, join our discord and then send Kevin a DM there, he uses the same name.

TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
The changelog mentions "Therapist code added to new events and some checks to make it work from Lagooncompany" Does this mean the therapist has new content?

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
GirlLife-0.8.9.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Apoc69

Aug 17, 2019
Bug report: Newest release version, & new game started. Tour Guide job always says "Apply for" even after taking the job. You can keep working it indefinitely instead of once per day.

HoodedSilence

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
Bug report: Newest release version, Tour Guide job always says "Apply for", even after taking the job. Also you can keep working it indefinitely instead of once per day.
Thanks, surprised it's flagged now as the new implemented early in the dev cycle! I'll look into it and get a fix out as soon as I can. I probably missed a few flags when converting to the new system.

Nice Kitty

Sep 28, 2022
GirlLife-0.8.9.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​
This OLD version game LOL

Villageman

Donor
Jun 9, 2017
Sorry if the question is stupid. I do not know anything about programming. But would it be possible relatively easily via qgen to possibly re-enable the old cafe events with Borislav? I still see them in the code and last time I played them was years ago. The images are also still available in the folders. I would be happy if you could play this again.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Sorry if the question is stupid. I do not know anything about programming. But would it be possible relatively easily via qgen to possibly re-enable the old cafe events with Borislav? I still see them in the code and last time I played them was years ago. The images are also still available in the folders. I would be happy if you could play this again.
They was commented out because it lead to a deadend because it was never finished. Until the person that wrote it decides to go back and finish it, it will likely remain the way it is. You could trigger it yourself using the code but understand it leads to a deadend.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes