theleon

Apr 18, 2018
I have no idea what I might be doing wrong, but as soon as I start a game and change rooms, I'm dead.
Doesn't matter what mode I choose, what starting settings I choose, it's broken for me.
So, what is my setup?
QSP version 5.8 player
0.8.9 core image pack, and 0.8.9.1 game file
Also tried the 0.8.8.5 game file, same issue.

Does anybody have any idea what might be going on?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I have no idea what I might be doing wrong, but as soon as I start a game and change rooms, I'm dead.
Doesn't matter what mode I choose, what starting settings I choose, it's broken for me.
So, what is my setup?
QSP version 5.8 player

Post a save just before you move rooms

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
So, what is my setup?
QSP version 5.8 player

I started a new game to see and it works fine for me so no clue how you could possible die on a new game

theleon

Apr 18, 2018
Okay small addition I just found out.
I get insta-killed after I had to choose the "did you begin in august or june" option.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply, hopefully you can find something.
For some reason I always come back to this game.
The save is hosed for some reason, I can't even get the save to load. Try a new game and see what happens.

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
Just the top 0.8.9.1 for the qsp it's self which you said you got
then image pack line download from one of the three sites the 0.8.9 core image pack(optomized).7zip is the safe thing as it as all the images for the most currently release.
Thanks, but I must still not be putting them together right, i put them both into the new folder like it says, and try to open the game in the player, but there's never any images, I give up.:cry:

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Okay small addition I just found out.
I get insta-killed after I had to choose the "did you begin in august or june" option.
Yeah something broke because the save won't load so I can't even see what might be going on. I have no clue how that could even happen.

When you say insta-killed what exactly do you mean. Do you get a message saying you died or is it just blank screen etc?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks, but I must still not be putting them together right, i put them both into the new folder like it says, and try to open the game in the player, but there's never any images, I give up.:cry:
Your folder looks something like this?
folders for gl.jpg

theleon

Apr 18, 2018
Yeah something broke because the save won't load so I can't even see what might be going on. I have no clue how that could even happen.

When you say insta-killed what exactly do you mean. Do you get a message saying you died or is it just blank screen etc?
I get this message: You are dragged out by the morgue attendants. The pathologist notes that you died from an unknown cause. Soon, your body is handed over to your parents...

All the rooms work fine, until I have to choose the option if I started in august or june in the additional desc window of the QSP player.

theleon

Apr 18, 2018

I think I found out why, I simply downloaded a different version of the QSP player (this one: ) and now it seems to work.
Can you see if you can open this attached save?
That would confirm IMO that the issue was the player.

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
I get this message: You are dragged out by the morgue attendants. The pathologist notes that you died from an unknown cause. Soon, your body is handed over to your parents...

All the rooms work fine, until I have to choose the option if I started in august or june in the additional desc window of the QSP player.
Use older QSP player. The new one apparently doesn't read the variables right so you start with 0 health, food, sanity etc and just die off. Also the game thinks your date is 0-0-0000

• Red Heart
Reactions: theleon

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017

Ok tell me exactly what you are doing step by step so I can try and recreate it. I have never heard of this ever before and I can't recreate it.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
If you pick the popular and because of being hot she's appearance rating 10 to start.
It starts at a 6 close to a 7 the best start. At least of the pav starts the city starts might not yet be upgraded to the new system.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I think I found out why, I simply downloaded a different version of the QSP player (this one: ) and now it seems to work.
Ah that would be why, we have listed recommended players because not all players supports some of the code we use in the game.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
The save works just fine, so it was the fact you was using a player that doesn't support some of the code we use, which was what the other poster saying, causes you to died as it tracks stuff at 0.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
No, but I deleted it, so i'll have to do it again to show you. I will, and reply to this again, just not right now. Thanks though. ;)
If your folder didn't look like mine then that is the issue. I needs to look that way or it won't display images or movies

Reactions: CharleyT

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Just a heads up, I'm getting a bug with the wardrobe. Sveta bought a sports "ensemble" that requires no underwear. She is a jock! But every morning, on a school day, Sveta is wearing no underwear (Sports wear worn night before) even though the School outfit is saved. Thanks.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes