Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
FEEDBACK FOR DEVELOPERS (sorry for my english, it's not my native language).

I have been playing this game for more than a year and after finishing my last playthrough I decided to share my thoughts and feelings about the game.

First of all, I want to thank all those people who are developing this game. I have spent many fun hours in this game and I really like it.

Please do not take the following text as criticism or complaints (I have no right to do so), this is just my feedback and thoughts regarding my feeling from the many hours spent in the game. I just don't see the point in listing the positive aspects of the game, but would like to share what seems to be some kind of problem (at least for me).

This game involves long runs (years of in-game time, first school, then university, and so on).

We have the main core of the game in the form of visiting a school/university, during which we reveal the stories of the main characters and participate in various events.

And we also have secondary activities (besides the school/university plot and related characters) such as work, hobbies, entertainment, secondary character stories and various other activities that we do at other times from going to school/university (simulation life).

The concept itself is really good, we go through the main core of the game, combining it with secondary activities and stories (life simulations), but the problem lies in the secondary activities, or to be more specifically, in their depths.

The game has many activities and locations with their own stories, but most of them run out very quickly.

For example, let's take the "jobs" in the game. There are just few jobs, the content of which is enough for a more or less long period of maintaining interest (for example, working as a model). In most other cases, you get all the content in a couple of weeks of in-game time and you just become uninterested in repeating the same actions/events.

This leads to the fact that you give up uninterested activities and grab onto new ones, and as a result, by the end of the last year at school, you have already tried all the jobs both in Pavlovsk and in the City, and when you enter the university you simply have nothing to do in your free time, since you have already tried everything (I'm exaggerating a little, but the point is clear).

In this regard, I'm a little worried that the development of the game is focused on adding new years (which increases the duration of the game), instead of deepening the secondary content to the existing time period.

Now, even at school start, so many classmates don't have their own paths or even events, but instead of making them more complete, the university is now being developed.

It's just hard for me to imagine how to spend more than a year of in-game time in the game, because of the secondary content. What will the hero do for 2 or 3 years in her free time?

Just a small example - you decide to become a stripper in the game. You go grinding dance skills, then you grind money for a fake passport, then you grind money for dance clothes and in the end you get a job, all the content in which comes down to 2-3 repeating scenes. No stories, no progression, just 2-3 scenes.

This is somewhat reminiscent of the situation with UbiSoft games, when the game is huge, it has a lot of features and locations, but most of them contain almost nothing (a couple of events and a dead end).

I understand that it is very difficult to make a lot of content so that it is literally enough for a whole year, especially for one location/activity or job. But in my opinion, it would be better if the content was served in portions than you could get it all for a few weeks (for example, if we are talking about job).

A perfect example is the path of the mistress in the city. If you visit her once a week, then you have enough content with it for a long time, maybe even for a whole year, and you are interested in returning to her. It can also be with jobs where there are some basic events, and new content appears once a week or less often, but appears over a longer period of time.

Now in many activities there is no long-term progression. You just get all the content very quickly and then it becomes not interesting.

For me, a great discovery was the summer spent in Gadyukino. Since, taking into account the number of characters and the overall progression, there is enough content for all 3 months. Which unfortunately cannot be said about so many other stories/activities in the game.

All this led me to think that despite all the abundance of opportunities and locations in the game, I would prefer that there were fewer of them, but they were deeper and had a longer progression.

I repeat, I really like this game and I didn’t want to offend anyone with my stream of thoughts, I just care about how and in what direction the project develops. This is just my subjective opinion, it is not the truth in the last instance, I just wanted to provide my feedback (if someone needs it).
Let me start off by saying your English is fine and glad you enjoy the game. Feedback especially constructive feedback is always welcome. I don't and none of us would disagree with what you have said, but... isn't there just always a but.

Anyways the problem with GL more than any other game is this. It is free. Which means everyone that works on the game has full time jobs in RL, families etc. So we work on the game in our spare time and it is a labor of love. When you are doing something for free mostly for the fun of creating it effects how you make stuff. Since you don't have that motivation to just add stuff you don't have a good idea for or are not interested in. So most of what gets added is just what someone has a idea for at the time and does it. Work on GL is like a shotgun blast, what I meant is there is not really a focus and just a bit of new stuff added all over that people had idea's for.

All of us that work on the game was people just like you. We played the game and liked it but felt it needed more. I will tell my own personal story since it is mine and I know it, but everyone that works on the game has a similar story.

I started playing the game back when it was still just a English translation of the original game place the ETO mod. Much of the text was hard to out right impossible to understand back then, they was asking for people to help translate, so I started helping with that. As I did that and played more I noticed things similar to you. For me it was the Pav school, back then there was 2 classes, everyone had the same chat dialogue and only about 20 students and 2teachers. Most of them had little to literately no content as in they didn't even have a single scene or unique dialogue.

So I asked if anyone would mind if I expanded the school, they told me to go ahead. Now we have like 12 teachers, over 50 students, all of them have their own unique dialogue, almost all of them at least have a few scenes, a fair number have story arcs. etc. I didn't do all the school stuff and school NPC's but I did a lot of it. Why? Because I was you and said boy this game could really use x.

Anyways we plan to do everything you said but when we do it, I can't say. It will just come down to when someone that is currently working on the game has a idea to expand something or some new player that says the game really needs x and then offers to help, then 7 years later they are still working on the game.

So all I can say is everything you want is coming, but I can't even guess to tell you when for the reasons I covered above.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Oh, we're sharing stories?

So I was alive I guess (don't remember) and then I was a zombie. I'm pretty sure I was just translating stuff but seem to have become the QSP expert on the internet. You would think I'd have those filters finished considering this, but I still have no idea how to code shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Alaratt

chrissi75

Apr 15, 2019
bei dem kleinen stadthaus sollte es mehr actions möglichkeiten geben , zum das sveta in ihren keinen hinterhof sonnen kann und einen wirlpool währe auch nict schlecht . als bloss insport klamotten zu traniren sie müsste das egal wie gekleidet ob sport klamotten oder nackt , auserdem finde ich blöd das sveta gleich vom wohnzimer in den hinterhof gehen konnen kann anstatt erst wieder in den flur zurück muss und dann erst auf den hinterhof gehen kann .

shockspacer

Dec 16, 2018
anyone know if there is any content involving:

a) swingers (maybe sveta and her girlfriends can go as unicorns)
b) sybians or other sex machines

if not, are there any plans to add it in the future?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
anyone know if there is any content involving:

a) swingers (maybe sveta and her girlfriends can go as unicorns)
b) sybians or other sex machines

if not, are there any plans to add it in the future?
not sure what you mean by go as unicorns
no and most likely at some point but it is not a priority

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
bei dem kleinen stadthaus sollte es mehr actions möglichkeiten geben , zum das sveta in ihren keinen hinterhof sonnen kann und einen wirlpool währe auch nict schlecht . als bloss insport klamotten zu traniren sie müsste das egal wie gekleidet ob sport klamotten oder nackt , auserdem finde ich blöd das sveta gleich vom wohnzimer in den hinterhof gehen konnen kann anstatt erst wieder in den flur zurück muss und dann erst auf den hinterhof gehen kann .

Alle städtischen liegenschaften werden irgendwann überholt. Die entwickler haben höhere prioritäten für das hinzufügen von inhalten zum Spiel. Bitte sprechen sie englisch, damit die entwickler sie verstehen. Vielen dank.

Reactions: Kevin Smarts

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Pretty sure its when you go to a swinger party looking to hookup with a couple. They like a bit of everything and that's rare, like a unicorn.

Reactions: Edhinor

shockspacer

Dec 16, 2018
Pretty sure its when you go to a swinger party looking to hookup with a couple. They like a bit of everything and that's rare, like a unicorn.
what kevin said. although its specifically solo females in the swinger lifestyle, due to how rare they are. solo males not so much.

thanks for the quick reply.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
What's the strength to 200 thing all about? Is that going to make fights easier?

Sep 26, 2020
Unicorn: young, attractive, single, female, bisexual, open-minded and willing to join an existing couple as a secondary partner for both of them and do MFF threesome stuff with both of them at once.
You know, one of those wonderful animals nobody's ever managed to find, ever, in the whole of human history.

Reactions: Edhinor

Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
What's the strength to 200 thing all about? Is that going to make fights easier?
We have had a lot of people complain about how regularly exercising Sveta always ended up with her being too ripped/buff.
Setting the max on STR to 200 was decided for a few reasons, the main one being that to go above 100 you would have to do specialized workouts, lifting weights, etc to become buff, where the more casual players could keep a more toned look to their characters.

I don't know how it affects fights and such.

Reactions: Edhinor and Xill

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
what kevin said. although its specifically solo females in the swinger lifestyle, due to how rare they are. solo males not so much.

thanks for the quick reply.
Well we would first have to do swingers parties which right now I don't think anyone is planning so maybe.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
We have had a lot of people complain about how regularly exercising Sveta always ended up with her being too ripped/buff.
Setting the max on STR to 200 was decided for a few reasons, the main one being that to go above 100 you would have to do specialized workouts, lifting weights, etc to become buff, where the more casual players could keep a more toned look to their characters.

I don't know how it affects fights and such.
I see. That might be fun to experiment with for a while. I always had Sveta train too much and eat a lot which made her go from thin to RIPPED then started becoming chubby.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Yes and no, there was a few reasons we did it. Anya covered one, the other was max str should be when a women looks like a body builder which negatively effects your looks and players found it very hard to keep in that sweet spot of being as strong as they can with out effecting looks in a negative way. Plus it was to easy to max and really maxing strength requires more than just doing yoga, running etc which right now you could do.

The way str now works is this. 1-100 is normal "girl" str, just what you can get from doing any kind of workout to strengthen your body etc. 101-150 is dedicated muscle gains, that is when you have to do dedicated weight training to grow large muscles(so you will never accidentally go over 100 now and have negative look modifiers), to get 151-200 you have the do the above and use drugs like steroids and then you will have huge muscles and look like a female body builder. This will also help us with the images for the varies strengths so it is easier to keep the image you like.

Male NPC's will have a str range of 1-150 naturally, then they will cap at somewhere around 200-250 from weight training and then higher with drugs. We have not yet really discussed how to handle the male NPC's yet other than they will have a higher range so males in the game will be getting much stronger.

So IF you max str to 200 and only fight other girls, then yes it will likely make fights easier than they are now. But if you don't go above 100 which is as high as you can go before it starts to negatively effect your looks, then at least some of the fights are going to be harder than they was against other girls and likely most or all the fights against male NPC's are going to be harder now or will be once we adjust them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edhinor and Xill

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for the explanation, this new system seems very neat and nice.

the other was max str should be when a women looks like a body builder which negatively effects your looks
That's interesting, didn't know this happened. I always assumed that the more fit and muscular Sveta was, the more sexy people thought she was. The reason for that is, in the school book where each girl is rated, Sveta ended up being a 9/the first pic in the list. And this seemed to happen during the 2nd half of the year where she was already ripped. And I didn't think it was make up or anything because I was using the same one from the start. Also her face and teeth were always clean and her hygiene was always at top.

But I guess it does make sense that they would find her less attractive if she was ripped, so I honestly don't know what changed.

But if you don't go above 100 which is as high as you can go before it starts to negatively effect your looks, then at least some of the fights are going to be harder than they was against other girls
What about Christina? Is she going to be doable with only 100 strength? I don't mind if it's hard, but I'm wondering if it's gonna be impossible.

Also, another question. How is that gonna affect sports? If I want Sveta to be at the top of her class in running for example, and maybe even move on to national levels, does she need to go beyond 100 strength?

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the explanation, this new system seems very neat and nice.

That's interesting, didn't know this happened. I always assumed that the more fit and muscular Sveta was, the more sexy people thought she was. The reason for that is, in the school book where each girl is rated, Sveta ended up being a 9/the first pic in the list. And this seemed to happen during the 2nd half of the year where she was already ripped. And I didn't think it was make up or anything because I was using the same one from the start. Also her face and teeth were always clean and her hygiene was always at top.

But I guess it does make sense that they would find her less attractive if she was ripped, so I honestly don't know what changed.
It use to have more of a impact but because it was to easy to max str and it then would almost never drop it got changed some time back to have very very little impact on looks so as not to punish players that just worked out a lot as it was impossible pretty much to keep ideal str. Which was one of the big reasons we changed to the new system.

Once we add sexual preferences some NPC's will find a very high str girl attractive so it will add even more and lower str will give you less looks to that NPC. The hotcat rating is meant to be what society in the most general terms finds attractive. We will be adding preferences to NPC's for a variety of things, boob size, butt size, tattoo's, piercing, str etc. So you will have a base hotcat which will go up and down to individual NPC's based on what they like.

What about Christina? Is she going to be doable with only 100 strength? I don't mind if it's hard, but I'm wondering if it's gonna be impossible.
Yes because str is only one stat that impacts but she will be one of the girls getting harder as she will have over a 100 str.

Also, another question. How is that gonna affect sports? If I want Sveta to be at the top of her class in running for example, and maybe even move on to national levels, does she need to go beyond 100 strength?
I believe it will hurt, since when was the last time you seen a body building win a running or swimming event? They need strong but lean builds which means the natural 100 str will be best for them. So higher str will likely hurt some stuff but we are not there yet in the str overhaul so I can't tell you when that will be added or how much of a impact it might have.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I believe it will hurt, since when was the last time you seen a body building win a running or swimming event?
That's true.

Well, thanks for the info! The new system sounds more immersive.

Looks like I'll be starting a new playthrough when these things are implemented, since my last one was well over a year ago now.

chrissi75

Apr 15, 2019
was mich am meisten nervt ist bei onlin job suche das man standig bei dem schrott iternet strip kram landet , ihr solltet euch die strip schow bei provinz girl anschauen da seht ihr wie es richtig auszusehen hat.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
was mich am meisten nervt ist bei onlin job suche das man standig bei dem schrott iternet strip kram landet , ihr solltet euch die strip schow bei provinz girl anschauen da seht ihr wie es richtig auszusehen hat.
Es gibt einen Strip-Club in der Stadt, der echte Strip-Inhalte anbietet.
Außerdem ist dies eine englischsprachige Website.;)

pisnet123

Mar 29, 2020
Is there a fast way to join the cool kids? I maxed out relationship with almost every cool kid except for Dimka but my Sveta is still barely tolerated.

It's a bit weird for the hottest girl in the school to still be treated as a nerd,,, which is what she started out as

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes