doctor321

Aug 19, 2018
I think a better QSP version is this one for Android:

The one from seedhartha, has russian language and is not updated for 2 years already. Just putting the link here for future references
I tried this and everything seems to work besides wardrobe where I can't see the images, just list of clothes and stuff to do with it. So I have no way of changing clothes. Any solutions?

Last edited:

Soniro

Jan 22, 2023
I have a problem with a white screen when I refused Niko, and he started demanding money from me afterward. I reached out to Fedor to deal with Niko. The next day, when I go to the school break, the screen turns white. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it?
Here is my save file

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I have a problem with a white screen when I refused Niko, and he started demanding money from me afterward. I reached out to Fedor to deal with Niko. The next day, when I go to the school break, the screen turns white. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it?
Here is my save file
One of the coders will have to take a look, but it sounds like a bad link.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Here is my save file
This was the response I got from a coder.

this is completely in russian. I'm gonna go out on a leg and assume that the translation broke something since I can't reproduce it

Soniro

Jan 22, 2023
This was the response I got from a coder.

this is completely in russian. I'm gonna go out on a leg and assume that the translation broke something since I can't reproduce it
Thank you for your response.

So, I’m playing the Russian version. By the way, isn’t the game being developed by Russians?

I managed to solve the problem by editing the save file. I changed the value of NikoPayback from 2 to 3, and everything started to work normally. Niko began to fear me in dialogue. As I understand, Fedor dealt with him “man to man.” Still, I’m curious if I missed any event related to this, for example, a direct confrontation between Niko and Fedor, because everything seemed to happen behind my back, and I’m not sure exactly how.

souldragoon44

Jun 6, 2017
: about the birth control pills. I have not encounter it yet, but how can you tell (or what does it say) if you have accidently bought fertility pills on the market instead of normal ones? If you know what I mean
In game, I think if the PC is intelligent enough she will, when examining the pills, comment they are expired or different color etc.

You can also go into the cheat menu and go to variable and at the very bottom it will tell you what type of pills you have.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Thank you for your response.

So, I’m playing the Russian version. By the way, isn’t the game being developed by Russians?

I managed to solve the problem by editing the save file. I changed the value of NikoPayback from 2 to 3, and everything started to work normally. Niko began to fear me in dialogue. As I understand, Fedor dealt with him “man to man.” Still, I’m curious if I missed any event related to this, for example, a direct confrontation between Niko and Fedor, because everything seemed to happen behind my back, and I’m not sure exactly how.
It is complicated. The original game and the ETO mod where originally developed by Russians. Girl Life was originally just a English translation of the original game plus the ETO mod. But after the original game stopped we that worked on Girl Life started to develop the game on our own while a group of Russian devs developed the game as well. We had some talks and we shared some stuff, but in the end we both went in different directions with major code improvements and it became to much work to share assets anymore so we stopped. I heard but I don't know if it is true but that game eventually ceased being made as well, leaving only Girl Life. Then a few years ago again not sure exactly when, some Russians started translating Girl Life back into Russian and there version became a Russian translation project of Girl Life, which was originally a English Translation of the main Russian game plus the ETO mod.

Since you mention Niko, he is from Girl Life someone one of the devs from Germany created, so you are indeed playing the translation version of the game.

The only reason why it came up that you was playing the Russian translation is we have heard from others sometimes when they translate it, that it occasionally causes code issues. We don't know why, as we have nothing to do with the translation project and the people doing the translation work have never asked for our help, we know little about it. Other than occasionally hearing from players like you that is playing that version of the game, which is why we know some odd bugs show up during translation.

Anyways this is kinda a history lesson about the game and to explain why the coder mentioned they could not replicate the error with our English version of it, which makes them think it was a bug caused by the Russian translation, causing a problem with the code.

But since you got it working that is all that matters, hopefully you enjoy it. I would be curious to know what you and other Russian players think of the stuff we from other countries have added to the game. We know it has lost some of it's Russian feel, since none of us that work on Girl Life is from there.

Soniro

Jan 22, 2023
It is complicated. The original game and the ETO mod where originally developed by Russians. Girl Life was originally just a English translation of the original game plus the ETO mod. But after the original game stopped we that worked on Girl Life started to develop the game on our own while a group of Russian devs developed the game as well. We had some talks and we shared some stuff, but in the end we both went in different directions with major code improvements and it became to much work to share assets anymore so we stopped. I heard but I don't know if it is true but that game eventually ceased being made as well, leaving only Girl Life. Then a few years ago again not sure exactly when, some Russians started translating Girl Life back into Russian and there version became a Russian translation project of Girl Life, which was originally a English Translation of the main Russian game plus the ETO mod.

Since you mention Niko, he is from Girl Life someone one of the devs from Germany created, so you are indeed playing the translation version of the game.

The only reason why it came up that you was playing the Russian translation is we have heard from others sometimes when they translate it, that it occasionally causes code issues. We don't know why, as we have nothing to do with the translation project and the people doing the translation work have never asked for our help, we know little about it. Other than occasionally hearing from players like you that is playing that version of the game, which is why we know some odd bugs show up during translation.

Anyways this is kinda a history lesson about the game and to explain why the coder mentioned they could not replicate the error with our English version of it, which makes them think it was a bug caused by the Russian translation, causing a problem with the code.

But since you got it working that is all that matters, hopefully you enjoy it. I would be curious to know what you and other Russian players think of the stuff we from other countries have added to the game. We know it has lost some of it's Russian feel, since none of us that work on Girl Life is from there.

It turns out to be an interesting recursion of game development for this game. I became curious to learn more about the ETO mod and the differences between the game versions.

At the moment, I’ve explored a large part of the content in the village where my grandparents live. I’ve gone through the summer vacation in Pavlovsk and September’s school routine. I’m feeling nostalgic for those times of the 2000s (2000-2012) while playing this game. Even though some elements in the game may seem absurd, these sexual scenes indeed reflect situations that took place back then, especially when it comes to alcohol and vodka.

Regarding Niko, although you mentioned that his character was created by a German developer, people like Niko really did exist back then. However, I would classify him more as a popular schoolboy rather than a “gopnik.”

In general, during those times, “gopniks” and popular kids often had a lot in common.

I’d like to ask again about Niko and Fedor, as you haven’t answered my question. After changing the properties in the save file, Niko now simply fears talking to me. Did I miss any interesting scene between my defender Fedor and Niko, or is it a normal reaction that Niko just starts fearing me after I informed Fedor that Niko was bullying me?

Reactions: Mariela and Edhinor

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
It turns out to be an interesting recursion of game development for this game. I became curious to learn more about the ETO mod and the differences between the game versions.

At the moment, I’ve explored a large part of the content in the village where my grandparents live. I’ve gone through the summer vacation in Pavlovsk and September’s school routine. I’m feeling nostalgic for those times of the 2000s (2000-2012) while playing this game. Even though some elements in the game may seem absurd, these sexual scenes indeed reflect situations that took place back then, especially when it comes to alcohol and vodka.

Regarding Niko, although you mentioned that his character was created by a German developer, people like Niko really did exist back then. However, I would classify him more as a popular schoolboy rather than a “gopnik.”

In general, during those times, “gopniks” and popular kids often had a lot in common.

I’d like to ask again about Niko and Fedor, as you haven’t answered my question. After changing the properties in the save file, Niko now simply fears talking to me. Did I miss any interesting scene between my defender Fedor and Niko, or is it a normal reaction that Niko just starts fearing me after I informed Fedor that Niko was bullying me?
As for gopniks and popular kids etc, the Russian devs of the ETO mod is the ones that made the original Pav content and Pav school. The original games was about the adult man Micheal who got turned into a teenage girl and lived in the city. So the early city stuff is all the original game and all the old Pav stuff is the ETO mod. But they was the ones that made the different social groups. Cool kids, jocks, nerds, gopniks, and outcasts. We have since kept it the same as that, though we have kinda made gopniks be more than the traditional meaning and more of a general rebel/hoodlum meaning and the traditional gopniks are a subset of that group. Vitek, Dan, Vasily, Paulina are the more traditional ones and the rest are based on western versions of those kinds of people.

Which is why I am sure Niko feels real, because every culture has people like that and they are often similar enough to fit in. As for him being popular etc, we tried to muddy the waters on purpose with the groups. Like several of the jocks and cool kids have a lot of overlap for example.

As for your question yes you missed the scene where Fedor shows up to rescue you while Niko is trying to bully you. It is a one off scene so it is not a major lose but you did miss seeing and playing it out. In addition to Fedor you could have gotten Ivan, Vitek, Albina, or Anushka/Alyona to help you and make him leave you alone. Each with their own special event where they make him leave you alone.

For fearing you, I don't recall exactly how the Fedor scene goes off the top of my head but it is more he is afraid of Fedor and Fedor made it clear you are under his protection, so it is more he is afraid you will run to Fedor and get Fedor to come after him again.

Just a bit more history for you, here is a list of some changes.
Pav school went from 2 classes a day to what we have. We changed it to a more western/US class system where you went to different classes with different students. This was done so we could have more NPC's for you to interact with, at the cost of some Russian flavor. We did a poll years ago which was basically how important is keeping the Russian flavor and the winner by a wide margin was keep the Russian flavor as much as possible but what would be more fun is when we should break away from it. Which is why the school was changed.

Here is a list of Pav school NPC's and where they came from.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tavarokk

Feb 18, 2018
Is there some quick and dirty way to alter how character weight calculation works in game? I'm lowkey bothered by large breasts/ass and curvy character images being matched by 'obese' character description.

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
As for gopniks and popular kids etc, the Russian devs of the ETO mod is the ones that made the original Pav content and Pav school.
Hey Nutluck. Which version of ETO did you guys start GL from? There are a number of spinoffs like EVIL, Albedo, Rubedo... These are the ones I've checked and I was under the impression that EVIL and the original ETO were one and the same. But EVIL seems very barebones compared to GL. Doesn't even have a high school, it's straight to college with one class, or block of classes taking place in one go between 9am and 4pm.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Hey Nutluck. Which version of ETO did you guys start GL from? There are a number of spinoffs like EVIL, Albedo, Rubedo... These are the ones I've checked and I was under the impression that EVIL and the original ETO were one and the same. But EVIL seems very barebones compared to GL. Doesn't even have a high school, it's straight to college with one class, or block of classes taking place in one go between 9am and 4pm.
You would have to ask kevin to be sure, I joined GL right as the original game stopped and GL started to become it's own thing. I was one of the first people to start writing original content for GL instead of just translating it. For the first month or two I just translated then started making new stuff.

I know the original game split and the original game with ETO mod also split. One of the ETO splits was us, I honestly don't remember which ones was which as far as the names. I do know one of them was Russian devs and they worked on Pav and the Pav school like we have. I know this because the Vicky, Vanya, and Igor story arcs came from them, that we adopted and tweaked and added to GL.

If Evil is very barebones then it was likely one of the ones that split off from the main game without the ETO mod. As ETO was all about adding Pav and the Pav school, the main game had neither.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
Is there some quick and dirty way to alter how character weight calculation works in game? I'm lowkey bothered by large breasts/ass and curvy character images being matched by 'obese' character description.
I don't think any of those cause an obese character description.

Maybe go into the cheat menu and check your body fat? You can freely adjust it there.

Tavarokk

Feb 18, 2018
I don't think any of those cause an obese character description.

Maybe go into the cheat menu and check your body fat? You can freely adjust it there.
I mean, body fat is probably the culprit, it's just that different parts of the game seem to scale differently with it. Custom start menu cites 75 as either curvy or chubby, and having large boobs and butt produces the image of the former, so that tracks, but the character description won't pronounce the same character as 'healthy' unless it's like 30.

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
I mean, body fat is probably the culprit, it's just that different parts of the game seem to scale differently with it. Custom start menu cites 75 as either curvy or chubby, and having large boobs and butt produces the image of the former, so that tracks, but the character description won't pronounce the same character as 'healthy' unless it's like 30.
It's a complex system, bit it seems consistent to me, so far. I started the game as severely underweight for some grinding challenge, and have managed to gain weight to 58Kg. The part I'm not sure of is why Sveta, in my game, went from As to Ds in 4 months. Maybe she's genetically busty and was just extremely underweight!

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
It's a complex system, bit it seems consistent to me, so far. I started the game as severely underweight for some grinding challenge, and have managed to gain weight to 58Kg. The part I'm not sure of is why Sveta, in my game, went from As to Ds in 4 months. Maybe she's genetically busty and was just extremely underweight!
The part in bold the answer is mostly likely yes. All the starts have boob sizes set for when they are their ideal weight. So if you start with a start that is over or under BMI you are not yet seeing your genetic size yet and they will change as you gain or lose weight from the start.

Reactions: Edhinor

DemiArc

Jan 27, 2018
The part in bold the answer is mostly likely yes. All the starts have boob sizes set for when they are their ideal weight. So if you start with a start that is over or under BMI you are not yet seeing your genetic size yet and they will change as you gain or lose weight from the start.
Do stats now affect the pain gain & fade? Or will repeated actions lower pain gain over time? This new pain system is really getting on my nerves.

Reactions: Edhinor
4.30 star(s) 81 Votes