4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
to my defence, i was challenged
View attachment 1448184
but yea let's leave it at that and just wait for the new update, also I hope it is ok if i share a patreon post but i thought this might be interesting news on here ''In response to some debates in Discord and on F95zone, I'm going to lower the prices of all voting tiers to make polling more accessible and their results more democratic. This will be done right after this version is released.'' so at least debating for this game actually results into something! big ups to the dev
i was challenged
I know

death angel

Oct 14, 2018
Sorry if it's a dumb question but... is the Surrender ability bugged?
And so far, with the actual changelog, is there a way to go on with the plot after beating level 3 redhead and being under the desktop of blondie?

Thank you

Reactions: HumanRug
Dec 2, 2018
Sorry if it's a dumb question but... is the Surrender ability bugged?
And so far, with the actual changelog, is there a way to go on with the plot after beating level 3 redhead and being under the desktop of blondie?

Thank you
I'm not sure if it's bugged, after you Surrender, you get to choose which scene you get at the end of the fight. Then you just do the "wait" action until you run out of HP and she will use the finisher you chose on you.

As for beating her at level 3 and being under Daisy's desk, I don't think there is any more content. However I know we are due an update soon which will add another Domme as well as a non-boss NPC.

Hope this helps :D

Last edited:
Reactions: death angel

dkuph

Feb 1, 2021
I like the game so far. The music is nice, the writing is pleasant, the drawing are maybe the best I've seen in this niche (though something irks me about the faces). But the fighting itself, it was boring. It might as well have been a VN scene, it wouldn't have made a difference.
The following are suggestions to improve the fights. They're meant as constructive inputs: Make the fight be about pattern recognition and puzzle solving. Make it about managing the statuses and buffs. Make it last long enough so the player has a stake not to make mistakes. The first victory over the gladiatrix should feel like a close call (it doesn't in v0.2.0.7). Most of all, make sure that it matters whether the player attacks, defends or uses a focus skill. If imitation is the highest form of flattery, then don't be afraid to flatter Katalyst and the Bo Wei games.
Finally, please change the woman's laughter that plays after a defeat. It's not a bad sound clip. It's just that it has been overused in the Bo Wei + Koda games.
I'll say it again to be clear, I like the game so far.

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
I like the game so far. The music is nice, the writing is pleasant, the drawing are maybe the best I've seen in this niche (though something irks me about the faces). But the fighting itself, it was boring. It might as well have been a VN scene, it wouldn't have made a difference.
The following are suggestions to improve the fights. They're meant as constructive inputs: Make the fight be about pattern recognition and puzzle solving. Make it about managing the statuses and buffs. Make it last long enough so the player has a stake not to make mistakes. The first victory over the gladiatrix should feel like a close call (it doesn't in v0.2.0.7). Most of all, make sure that it matters whether the player attacks, defends or uses a focus skill. If imitation is the highest form of flattery, then don't be afraid to flatter Katalyst and the Bo Wei games.
Finally, please change the woman's laughter that plays after a defeat. It's not a bad sound clip. It's just that it has been overused in the Bo Wei + Koda games.
I'll say it again to be clear, I like the game so far.
Thank you for this feedback, it's actually very valuable.
A lot of this update is about making the combat more exciting - the ability you learn is being totally revamped to help facilitate this, along with a stats system. As for the Maeve fight itself, yeah I was trying to take inspiration from Scarlet in ToT - something similar and simple like that to start out with.

I'm rebalancing the fight so she's a lot more challenging, but yes this is purely numbers. I could try adding various effects to each of her abilities (aside from the pounce, and power spike after each successful one).

You have me thinking that perhaps it should be rebalanced into choosing which of her abilities to dodge, and which to 'take'

For example, perhaps her arrows will start doing next to no damage, but the more you let hit you, the more damage they will do.

Similar things for her kick / sword attack, while removing the requirement to guard to enable her pounce QTE, and instead just making each successfully blocked pounce make the next QTE harder.

Would things like this sound like an improvement to you? I have no guarantee I can get all of this added this version, but I will certainly try if it sounds more fun.

I'll also post a clip of the new puma strike when I finish working today - you'll be able to learn a lot of different variations of it, it's meant to be a simple way to make combat more about managing your resources effectively.

Will remove all of her laughs. Planning on a sound update at the next patreon goal, so I'll replace them with something original and less grating once that comes around.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, very helpful. Sidenote though, what about the faces irks you? If it's something others notice too, I can try to change it

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
A lot of this update is about making the combat more exciting - the ability you learn is being totally revamped to help facilitate this, along with a stats system. As for the Maeve fight itself, yeah I was trying to take inspiration from Scarlet in ToT - something similar and simple like that to start out with.

I'm rebalancing the fight so she's a lot more challenging, but yes this is purely numbers. I could try adding various effects to each of her abilities (aside from the pounce, and power spike after each successful one).

You have me thinking that perhaps it should be rebalanced into choosing which of her abilities to dodge, and which to 'take'

For example, perhaps her arrows will start doing next to no damage, but the more you let hit you, the more damage they will do.

Similar things for her kick / sword attack, while removing the requirement to guard to enable her pounce QTE, and instead just making each successfully blocked pounce make the next QTE harder.

Would things like this sound like an improvement to you? I have no guarantee I can get all of this added this version, but I will certainly try if it sounds more fun.

I'll also post a clip of the new puma strike when I finish working today - you'll be able to learn a lot of different variations of it, it's meant to be a simple way to make combat more about managing your resources effectively.

Will remove all of her laughs. Planning on a sound update at the next patreon goal, so I'll replace them with something original and less grating once that comes around.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, very helpful. Sidenote though, what about the faces irks you? If it's something others notice too, I can try to change it
will you ad a submission skill like in tot where you can surrender to the girls without fighting also will there be more post fight content

death angel

Oct 14, 2018
I want to say that so far this game is really one of the best here: I really enjoyed the graphics and especially the combat : ) The main mistress looks gorgeous... can't really wait to submit, emh, to meet her : D
Only thing is that I found too easy to beat Maeve, even at first PC levels. Now, being me at level 5 I beat her level 3 with 2 shots, or 1 critical. I'd add more difficulty and variety to it (like said above) in order to make it more attractive.
Keep up the very good work \m/_

dkuph

Feb 1, 2021

I am glad you found the feedback helpful. I was reluctant to post it because I'm not really fond of RPG-style combats to start with. I put up with them in NSFW games but not in SFW games. (I would make an exception for a SFW game called "A Legionary's life'.) Still, the gap between Maeve's fight and ToT was noticeable. I found Scarlet's fight to be the blandest, so I guess the result was to be expected :)

Someone once defined a game as "a series of interesting choices". Interesting choices are missing in the current fight. So the ideas you wrote sound like improvements. Especially the "rebalanced into choosing which of her abilities to dodge, and which to 'take'" part. I also like the idea of shrugging off the arrows at the beginning only to learn the hard way to fear them.

Don't get me wrong, I love "Maeve"'s laugh. It's very well done and not grating in the slightest. It's just that it sounds generic to someone who has already played Tot and the likes. Anyways, an original laughter would give even more personality to the character.

I have a hard time saying what bothers me with the faces. Edela, Maeve and even Liora seem fine. But the minor characters you've presented (Artisan, Ork, Peasant) seem odd-ish to me. I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

Reactions: DogStar

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
For what it's worth, I think the way toward creating the type of game I think you're going for is puzzle-solving, ALA Boko877's games. It seems like you're NOT going for the "defeat mobs=>get stronger=>destroy all enemies" scheme.
In this case, balancing and knowing HOW to get past enemies is key. Femdom fans generally like the female domination aspect, obvs. The trick is that no femdom fan wants to be able to simply do the RPGM grind and crush our domme to move on to the NEXT domme. We want to be controlled against our will OR as our will drives us, BUT still "have a safeword" so that there's an aspect of control. Nobody WANTS to be a loser... some of us just get off on the idea that there's a sexually irresisistable, superior antagonist who's just plain better than us in any number of ways... to the point where we're satisfactorily humbled. Yet we tend to want to be similarly humbled by OTHER sexy, superior antagonists, even if they're not even AWARE that they're antagonists.

You reference TOT, which is generally a good point of inspiration. The first few TOT wardens have recognizable patterns of attack and tells that make them beatable IF you can figure out what their patterns or tells are. A problem with TOT is that you can simply grind until you're OP'd. If you just stand in front of Scarlet and press the spacebar enough times... you'll eventually kick her ass, in disregard for if the player PLAYS the game based on her attack patterns. In Boko877's games, you'll NEVER progress by doing this, but Boko doesn't give in-game hints... he flat-out TELLS you how to beat the enemies in his "hints" file, because he doesn't take the time to progressively reveal the contents of the "hints" file in the game, which is not how a game SHOULD be designed, especially if the way to progress is almost entirely non-intuitive.

Cheap tricks:
1. Being able to CHOOSE how you're dominated. That is tantamount to the player controlling the domme. That isn't domination. To be dominated in my most preferred way, I need to either be blessed by random chance or EARN it through gameplay. Repeat gameplay is encouraged through knowing that there are MORE ways to be dominated that I haven't experienced yet.
2. Having superior dommes ALLOW me to defeat them even though they ARE and should ALWAYS BE superior to me. This is a level scaling/bonus/skillz issue that nobody has even attempted to resolve yet, except maybe Tearycian, the Dev for Katalyst. I shouldn't be able to choose to bully my dommes because I need some drops or EXP. If I can get stronger throughout the game, so should they.
3. Little to no consequences to getting my ass kicked. This ties into cheap trick 2. Even in games where losing, or losing in a certain way might entail a loss in player stats, recovering from these effects is always WAY too easy. Once I've completed a proper playthrough from start to finish, the means to easily recover and chase after things I might have missed can certainly be a reward... but it shouldn't be as exploitable as it is in most games.
4. Speaking of which... save spamming. ESPECIALLY when an RNG gambling-type mechanic is in play. I get that a lot of people maybe only want to put in 5-10 minutes at a time, and that repeatedly losing 5-10 minutes of play can be frustrating, but I believe that legit enjoyable game overs in-between save points makes the player more invested in playing the game. If this is accompanied by achieving hints on how to progress and NOT lose, even better.

We've all seen a number of games flounder, delay and fumble for lack of foresight... devs burning out because they want unique new mechanics for each of the newest stages that weren't planned out from the inception... devs rebuilding their entire game because of new mechanics that ruin replay of earlier stages or otherwise make the experience too far off from what they wanted. I say think about the whole game top to bottom and build a system simple and versatile enough to allow for new ideas that won't spoil what you've decided that you're committed to. Maybe introduce difficulty modes to accommodate for audiences who want easy thrills as well as hyper-focused completionists. It's just good in-game world-building. For once, I'd like to see a potentially epic fetish game that doesn't play like a VN get smoothly and regularly updated until the Dev's original vision is accomplished.

Good luck!

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
For what it's worth, I think the way toward creating the type of game I think you're going for is puzzle-solving, ALA Boko877's games. It seems like you're NOT going for the "defeat mobs=>get stronger=>destroy all enemies" scheme.
In this case, balancing and knowing HOW to get past enemies is key. Femdom fans generally like the female domination aspect, obvs. The trick is that no femdom fan wants to be able to simply do the RPGM grind and crush our domme to move on to the NEXT domme. We want to be controlled against our will OR as our will drives us, BUT still "have a safeword" so that there's an aspect of control. Nobody WANTS to be a loser... some of us just get off on the idea that there's a sexually irresisistable, superior antagonist who's just plain better than us in any number of ways... to the point where we're satisfactorily humbled. Yet we tend to want to be similarly humbled by OTHER sexy, superior antagonists, even if they're not even AWARE that they're antagonists.

You reference TOT, which is generally a good point of inspiration. The first few TOT wardens have recognizable patterns of attack and tells that make them beatable IF you can figure out what their patterns or tells are. A problem with TOT is that you can simply grind until you're OP'd. If you just stand in front of Scarlet and press the spacebar enough times... you'll eventually kick her ass, in disregard for if the player PLAYS the game based on her attack patterns. In Boko877's games, you'll NEVER progress by doing this, but Boko doesn't give in-game hints... he flat-out TELLS you how to beat the enemies in his "hints" file, because he doesn't take the time to progressively reveal the contents of the "hints" file in the game, which is not how a game SHOULD be designed, especially if the way to progress is almost entirely non-intuitive.

Cheap tricks:
1. Being able to CHOOSE how you're dominated. That is tantamount to the player controlling the domme. That isn't domination. To be dominated in my most preferred way, I need to either be blessed by random chance or EARN it through gameplay. Repeat gameplay is encouraged through knowing that there are MORE ways to be dominated that I haven't experienced yet.
2. Having superior dommes ALLOW me to defeat them even though they ARE and should ALWAYS BE superior to me. This is a level scaling/bonus/skillz issue that nobody has even attempted to resolve yet, except maybe Tearycian, the Dev for Katalyst. I shouldn't be able to choose to bully my dommes because I need some drops or EXP. If I can get stronger throughout the game, so should they.
3. Little to no consequences to getting my ass kicked. This ties into cheap trick 2. Even in games where losing, or losing in a certain way might entail a loss in player stats, recovering from these effects is always WAY too easy. Once I've completed a proper playthrough from start to finish, the means to easily recover and chase after things I might have missed can certainly be a reward... but it shouldn't be as exploitable as it is in most games.
4. Speaking of which... save spamming. ESPECIALLY when an RNG gambling-type mechanic is in play. I get that a lot of people maybe only want to put in 5-10 minutes at a time, and that repeatedly losing 5-10 minutes of play can be frustrating, but I believe that legit enjoyable game overs in-between save points makes the player more invested in playing the game. If this is accompanied by achieving hints on how to progress and NOT lose, even better.

We've all seen a number of games flounder, delay and fumble for lack of foresight... devs burning out because they want unique new mechanics for each of the newest stages that weren't planned out from the inception... devs rebuilding their entire game because of new mechanics that ruin replay of earlier stages or otherwise make the experience too far off from what they wanted. I say think about the whole game top to bottom and build a system simple and versatile enough to allow for new ideas that won't spoil what you've decided that you're committed to. Maybe introduce difficulty modes to accommodate for audiences who want easy thrills as well as hyper-focused completionists. It's just good in-game world-building. For once, I'd like to see a potentially epic fetish game that doesn't play like a VN get smoothly and regularly updated until the Dev's original vision is accomplished.

Good luck!
no grinding isent fun the point of a game is choice if you dont want choice watch porn

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes