4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
New version is out. (Hotfixed)

It's difficult to explain everything going on with this version, and real-life occurrences around it, but I will do my best here since it's been exactly three months since 0.2 came out.

I'm not a programmer. I basically tried to redesign how RPG maker works. Which was foolish.

This version has 6x the number of events as the last two combined. I only say this to help explain - that with each system I thought I completed, it would break another one which was linked to it. I would then go to fix the one that became broken, which would in turn require changes to the one I had just finished. Then something new in another system would pop up. I hope this illustrates how an imminent release would suddenly not arrive.

I bit off more than I could chew with three characters as well, which drove out the focus I had in the last version.

I have to travel back and forth between three different countries and multiple places within them each time I do. Doing this adversely affects the time I can dedicate to development, and unfortunately I don't have any other options.

An option I did have was to continue updating in Discord (and f95zone) - which I rarely did. For that, I apologize. It just became too stressful missing deadlines and checking in on it and worrying, and knew if I kept looking I'd take even longer.

It's all done now though, so thank you for your patience and for sticking through it. I hope you enjoy.

Last edited:

lewdbender

Aug 7, 2019
the only thing i could do until now was to fight Maeve , have the under desk scene with Daisy and learn puma strike.
couldnt find blacksmith, workshop or alchemy
also when i use surrender the the first line of dialogue appears but after that the battle continues like nothing happends.

Last edited:

GeK7

May 3, 2017
the only thing i could do until now was to fight Maeve , have the under desk scene with Daisy and learn puma strike.
couldnt find blacksmith, workshop or alchemy
also when i use surrender the the first line of dialogue appears but after that the battle continues like nothing happends.
yeah its the same for me beating maeve does nothing for me and doesnt go onto another one of her levels its just fight and repeat with no events happening whether you win or lose :confused:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

It's difficult to explain everything going on with this version, and real-life occurrences around it, but I will do my best here since it's been exactly three months since 0.2 came out.

I'm not a programmer. I basically tried to redesign how RPG maker works. Which was foolish.

This version has 6x the number of events as the last two combined. I only say this to help explain - that with each system I thought I completed, it would break another one which was linked to it. I would then go to fix the one that became broken, which would in turn require changes to the one I had just finished. Then something new in another system would pop up. I hope this illustrates how an imminent release would suddenly not arrive.

I bit off more than I could chew with three characters as well, which drove out the focus I had in the last version.

I have to travel back and forth between three different countries and multiple places within them each time I do. Doing this adversely affects the time I can dedicate to development, and unfortunately I don't have any other options.

An option I did have was to continue updating in Discord (and f95zone) - which I rarely did. For that, I apologize. It just became too stressful missing deadlines and checking in on it and worrying, and knew if I kept looking I'd take even longer.

It's all done now though, so thank you for your patience and for sticking through it. I hope you enjoy.
Thank you so much for your work and this latest update. Please don't listen to the choosingbeggars, you are busy and life happens.

tornasunder

Jun 13, 2017

I think you can just take your time and keep the game simple rather than trying to attempt anything too unique and extravagant, especially if this is your first game or if you are still learning how to develop. Over time your skills will improve and you'll learn from your mistakes which will then transfer to any other future projects of yours.

I think a mistake many developers in your situation make is that they do bite off more than they can chew and this is just going to impede your progress later on. You are designing a game with a main theme which will already attract people because of a lack of other similar games. Maledom is far too common and these femdom games are far and few in between, so I think a lot of people will just be happy they will have something to play which interests them.

There's a lot of distrust and skepticism in the femdom community here thanks to people like Koda and Bo-Wei. And, well, some people are so "passionate" about femdom that they will get upset if substantial updates are not being delivered to them every week. You know that isn't realistic so don't let their dramatic attitude get you down and just do what you can.

My suggestion is to try and be more transparent here and on Discord and anywhere else you may share your game. Some people might express disappointment in a delay but as long as you are delaying the game because you are working on it, rather than delaying it because you never did work on it, it'll be fine. I'm sure it's hard to accurately predict the time it'll take to implement a new update. Additionally, with this recent update having so much more content than you initially planned, maybe it was a mistake to try and implement so many new characters at once. I remember you were just planning on adding one new NPC for this update and this turned into adding two others. One or two new characters at a time will give you less of a workload between each update while you finish fleshing out the events for other existing characters as well, such as Maeve. As for having to travel between three different countries to work on the game . . . I'm not entirely sure how or why that is but that sounds expensive.

That being said, here's a bug I found:
-When interacting with the ladies, if you press X you'll find yourself in the menu, and leaving that menu will show part of the map on screen for a short period of time.

Suggestions for the game:
-List how many skill points someone has when leveling up so that they know how many they have to spend, and show how many points each attribute does have within that menu so that players don't have to memorize how many points they may have already put into strength, for example. You can view your attributes in another menu but someone might forget how many points they already added into something by the time they level up again.

-I know you were probably just rushed to release it after a long delay, but have a playtest session before releasing an update officially that way people can help you find bugs before you release anything, as then you won't be compared to Tearycian's Katalist.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what comes next since it ends with Maeve holding some sort of collar.

lewdbender

Aug 7, 2019
found a bug related with weapons, if i put a diferent weapon to use than the one i was holding then the previous weapon disappear.

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
Working on fixing the menu and map lag. Have someone cool helping out, looks optimistic.

Going over all of the low-hanging bugs reported here and in disc to solve today and release another fix, while the broader issues (the lag primarily) are worked on.

Art for Liora is being made. Will get on the implementation when just a few more pieces are done - adding her garden to the map / fixing map issues for lag first.

Thanks for the reports.

Reactions: Ranma and lakano
Mar 17, 2021
Thanks for the quick fixes! Quick question, though, as I am still pretty new to this stuff: how can I keep my progress on a save? Will it automatically find the save, or can I replace the files that are already there?

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
Thanks for the quick fixes! Quick question, though, as I am still pretty new to this stuff: how can I keep my progress on a save? Will it automatically find the save, or can I replace the files that are already there?
There's no way to save progress from the last version, unfortunately, since it uses a new system and a new map. It should carry over for future versions however, and I will include pre-made saves in the next update at certain points in the game so you don't have to go through everything again if it doesn't.

'Is there anything else after the chastity belt scene? am i missing something?' There's a scene with Maeve when you beat her at Level 3.

Rixss

Dec 5, 2018
Google: Greetings !, Someone could upload the most current version to Mega, please. I'm having difficulty downloading through Media Fire D :. From already thank you very much.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes