4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
Version 5.x doesn't work at all for me. Crashes right after opening the title before showing anything.
This is on linux with nwjs-v0.70.0-linux-x64
Versions before were running perfectly.

Code:
[34:34:1102/044119.238301:ERROR:gl_angle_util_vulkan.cc(17)] Failed to retrieve EGLDisplay
[34:34:1102/044119.238346:ERROR:vulkan_instance.cc(91)] Failed to get vkGetInstanceProcAddr pointer from ANGLE.
[3:3:1102/044120.048507:FATAL:navigation_request.cc(4151)] Check failed: false.

MemoryLane

Apr 3, 2022
I see. I've tried to replicate the bug with all 3 of her different squeeze poses, having struggled free or having died to it, and, and can't seem to make it happen on my end.

Is the save you're using from before the fix?

Here is the save I'm using, which seems to work. Mega
I got it to do it again using your save file. I believe it has something to do with the submission after Maeve's stomp when you're defeated while she's squeezing you between her thighs. After this the squeeze bug will carry over to new fights.

Reactions: Dufoe

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
Tried the save file you attached and while it took some attempts to get her to finish the kick combo, I still got the bug on the save file the first try after getting squeezed.
I got it to do it again using your save file. I believe it has something to do with the submission after Maeve's stomp when you're defeated while she's squeezing you between her thighs. After this the squeeze bug will carry over to new fights.
Alright, thanks for the information about it. First thought was also that it was also a flag carrying over, which is what I had changed and made it impossible to replicate on my end. It's probably still the issue, but something else is causing it.

Did those other issues I saw in your saves (the cougar emblem staying at the top of the screen, the blur) still repeat in that other save? I also saw some more overlapping CG's which I was under the impression were whittled down to 1 or 2 frames.

Will have all these fully fixed by tomorrow.

Thanks again

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gigalomaniac

Dufoe

Aug 15, 2018
I think it's not only the squeeze ender that is affected, it's just that the squeeze ender locks the game. For example one time I got the raging tiger icon at the top of the screen carrying over out of the combat, which seems like a similar issue, but it doesn't break the game the way the squeeze ender does. Perhaps Maeve's sprites getting stuck on screen from time to time is the same issue.

Also not sure what triggers the getting the sword back qte to be skipped sometimes.

UPD: the easy solution to avoid getting locked out with the squeeze bug is just winning the stomping qte (might not always be possible, some qte's seem to be randomly skipped).

Last edited:

Test202

Oct 4, 2020
Squeeze bug can trigger after being defeated by the boot submission too. Random Blur can still happen after a fight. I wasn't able to get emblem stuck on screen yet but there's always a small black square visible where it would be.

Reactions: Darkarhon

Dufoe

Aug 15, 2018
Just one more note: once you level up enough, Maeve's arrows start missing a lot, making it hard to view the scenes.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
Version 5.x doesn't work at all for me. Crashes right after opening the title before showing anything.
This is on linux with nwjs-v0.70.0-linux-x64
Versions before were running perfectly.

Code:
[34:34:1102/044119.238301:ERROR:gl_angle_util_vulkan.cc(17)] Failed to retrieve EGLDisplay
[34:34:1102/044119.238346:ERROR:vulkan_instance.cc(91)] Failed to get vkGetInstanceProcAddr pointer from ANGLE.
[3:3:1102/044120.048507:FATAL:navigation_request.cc(4151)] Check failed: false.
Haven't tried dropping in native nwjs yet, but it does run fine on wine-7.19 (Staging). That's how I tested my compression. Speaking of which…

Lina Sylph, could you link the compressed version to the OP, please. Thank you kindly!

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
A shame the first release was so buggy when just a day later an almost bug free version was released, but that aside superb stuff! Personally I would wait for 5.1 before playing though.

Also Maeve best girl.

Dufoe

Aug 15, 2018
Just wanted to leave my impression of the game, this is my first time playing. I can only imagine how the scripting part might be frustrating for you if you don't have much experience in the field, but please bare with it. Both writing and art in your game are top level. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Reactions: Padio

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
Haven't tried dropping in native nwjs yet, but it does run fine on wine-7.19 (Staging). That's how I tested my compression.
Thanks! In the meantime I solved it by using the corresponding nwjs SDK build which (surprisingly) works for me.
(I'm trying to avoid using wine as much as possible and prefer running it native. It's much faster this way.)

Reactions: Hordragg

lagelord

Sep 13, 2020
I see it on those two saves.
Could you try the save I sent here and see if it happens? Mega

Was the issue only happening after you fought her for a third time within the story?

I am not trying to gaslight you, but I literally can't make it happen on a fresh save no matter how many different ways I try. Is it possible your download somehow overlapped with the last version?
For your info even with your save the issue wasn't solved, she still only uses squeeze after the third fight, for the continuation of the story I don't know what to do after Liora's scene

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
Squeeze bug can trigger after being defeated by the boot submission too. Random Blur can still happen after a fight. I wasn't able to get emblem stuck on screen yet but there's always a small black square visible where it would be.
Aye can confirm, i am also stuck after Maeve tells me to spill that oil to Liora, nothing i can do.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ianuda and Uros666

Lina Sylph

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2021
link to mega leads to just 0.5 version
And this might be the source of all the problems. I did replace the link multiple times, yet it leads to the wrong one when you click it here for some reason.

This is probably what was causing
I thought that perhaps it's the save file thing, so I started a fresh save on the latest build, but the issue persists. Attaching 2 save files, before and after the bug. I tried replicating it more, and it looks like it doesn't trigger every time, but it should be easy to get as long as you get squeezed by her (and the next battle she's stuck)

The version number should say 0.5.0.3

Hope this fixes the problems for you.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes