4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
You absolutely should feel free to criticize a game regardless of whether or not you pay for it. It does not need to be constructive either. If a game is, in your opinion, bad, then by all means say so.

Some of you all need to stop trying to protect developers from players. Any feedback should be welcome, regardless of how harsh or well written it is. The dev gets to decide what they consider valid and what they ignore.

Patreon has warped viewpoints on games like this so badly. Donating to a dev does not make you a customer, and does not make your opinion more valid. You also do not need to rationalize your donations.

Sorry, rant over. I just hate this idea that opinions should be filtered based on how much or if you donate. I think Lina can cope with someone not liking her game, no need to gatekeep.

timthebatman

Feb 19, 2022
You absolutely should feel free to criticize a game regardless of whether or not you pay for it. It does not need to be constructive either. If a game is, in your opinion, bad, then by all means say so.

Some of you all need to stop trying to protect developers from players. Any feedback should be welcome, regardless of how harsh or well written it is. The dev gets to decide what they consider valid and what they ignore.

Patreon has warped viewpoints on games like this so badly. Donating to a dev does not make you a customer, and does not make your opinion more valid. You also do not need to rationalize your donations.

Sorry, rant over. I just hate this idea that opinions should be filtered based on how much or if you donate. I think Lina can cope with someone not liking her game, no need to gatekeep.
While I agree that all criticisms are valid, regardless if you're a Patron or not, you cannot make me believe that the Dev will wake up to a comment like this:
It is absolutley broken and worthless and shit
and not be affected by it. Working on anything for months only to read comments like these is disheartening.
It doesn't offer anything constructive, and it's mean spirited. No amount of hiding behind the veil of "wanting the game to be better" will change that.
As a community who want to see new games emerge, and existing games thrive, we can do much better than this.
It's not all up to the dev to "filter" the comments out.

Lina has expressed in an older post how she dreads reading the comments on this website, and frankly I see why.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021

i'm with you that we plebs and pirates have every right to voice our opinion. whether a dev cares for opinions of non-payers is a different story though.
i'm also with you that negative feedback is fine, especially if you explain your issues and maybe add something constructive as well. otherwise things will not improve.
however, in my book, calling someones work "worthless shit" isn't feedback. that's simply an insult. we shoud indeed be able to do better than that.

Last edited:

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Agree to disagree I guess. I think it's reasonable to come onto a public forum and state your thoughts, no matter how discouraging those opinions may be. Better that the absolute ball washing that occurs on some Patreons/Discords.

Nov 22, 2020
been a while since ive played this game. what new how many bosses are there and did the game creator fix the transfer save to updated version problem?

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Omg the feet in this game are so good. Please don't ruin them with nylons...
Agreed with bare footdom > nylon footdom

Sorry you don't like it. Just not much I can do to change anything right now. Dealing with real-life problems from what I mentioned in last post. Everything on Patreon is going to my artist, for work I hope to make use of once I recover. View attachment 2369339 Here is the latest one.
That is understandable and at least most of us are wishing you well with whatever personal issues those may be.

You have been an active dev who's regularly posted updates up until this so I don't know what these choosingbeggars are complaining about. As I probably mentioned before on here, "Free" tends to bring out the best as well as the worst of people and some of those worst can feel a lot of entitlement similar to Comicbook Guy from the Simpsons.

Maydup Nem

Mar 24, 2021

You can call anything 'bad' or 'horrible' or 'absolute shite' but that won't be criticism unless you provide proper reason as to why the said thing is absolute hideous piece of absolute shite. Just saying something is bad just for the hell of it is a shite thing in itself. Tho i absolutely do agree with not fanboying around the devs defending them mindlessly, even if some game is free, you should be reasonable about things but the same goes the other way around. And also woohoo DRAMA!

Last edited:

SSDiamond

Apr 20, 2020
Agree to disagree I guess. I think it's reasonable to come onto a public forum and state your thoughts, no matter how discouraging those opinions may be. Better that the absolute ball washing that occurs on some Patreons/Discords.
People are free to say what they want, but if their criticism is “game shit” without any details other people are also free to push back on that because it’s quite frankly worthless “criticism”.

Reactions: fanboi and HumanRug

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Guys !! Is the game buggy still ?
There hasn't been an update in a while (due to Lina suffering from some HEAVY insomnia and needing treatment), so yeah, the game still has more bugs than in 0.5.1.
But maybe I'm exaggerating. While in 0.5.2.1 there aren't that many bugs, some of them prevent from accessing much content intended to be available from previous versions (the content is there and you have to use a workaround to trigger it, but is quite annoying to figure it out; hell, even I can't remember what I did for it to work).

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
There hasn't been an update in a while (due to Lina suffering from some HEAVY insomnia and needing treatment), so yeah, the game still has more bugs than in 0.5.1.
But maybe I'm exaggerating. While in 0.5.2.1 there aren't that many bugs, some of them prevent from accessing much content intended to be available from previous versions (the content is there and you have to use a workaround to trigger it, but is quite annoying to figure it out; hell, even I can't remember what I did for it to work).
Insomnia is no joke. I have that as well and it can wreck havoc on a person's health. Lina-Sylph has done amazing well with her progress and even moreso while fighting insomnia.

Reactions: HumanRug

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Insomnia is no joke. I have that as well and it can wreck havoc on a person's health. Lina-Sylph has done amazing well with her progress and even moreso while fighting insomnia.
Maybe you misunderstood, I didn't joke on insomnia, I just said the game's buggy but not that buggy, it's just that the current bugs restrict a lot of existing content.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Maybe you misunderstood, I didn't joke on insomnia, I just said the game's buggy but not that buggy, it's just that the current bugs restrict a lot of existing content.
Oh no, I understood what you meant. I was saying insomnia is no joke because it is serious. It's something I suffer from as well.

Reactions: hellofellow
4.50 star(s) 11 Votes