Others - Abandoned - Glamour [v0.57] [Dark Silver]

1. 3.00 star(s)

michel.gellar7

[Max Path]
    It's the Big Brother reboot we all have been waiting for...

+
    Everything you love about Dark Silver. Better story. Better balancE. Better graphics.

-
    The shittiest engine ever stealing your data. RenPy is the ONE;
    Worst dialogue system ever - Get back to the one in BB!
    The nature of the connection between characters is : Roomates. No patch ...
    The money balance is catastrophic and no cheats to answer it.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

ReikoKimyo

So mush wasted potential. The story and renders are good to begin with. Though the rest is just a huge grind. I played it for about 4 hours and did not see much of any erotic scenes. Then the click detection is way off on a lot of the buttons, making the game feel broken half the time.

If the grind were taken out of it and more content added, it would be a great game.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

SomeThrowawayAye

Glamour is in the that minority of games which involve a female protagonist, and as someone who really enjoys these type of games I just had to give it a try since there aren't a lot of them around to play.

Unfortunately, it's not worth it. At least, not currently (v0.21).

The renders are incredible, all of the characters look fantastic and are well proportioned. All games that use 3DCG should aspire towards this standard. So kudos there. The premise and the story are also rather compelling too and I do find myself wanting to know more about the weird sex school and how the MC will be corrupted by the school and thus change as a person.
    However, that's where the positives ultimately stop for Glamour.
    There's not a lot of playability here to the gameplay and that's because there's just not a lot to the game itself. A walkthrough is a necessity while playing, because it's just so repetitive, monotonous and grindy which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the payoff for all of the grinding is not worth it. And the prerequisites for spotting scenes is often very specific and if you miss it, you have to go through the entire week all over again.

You could play through six hours of this game and not get nearly as much out of it compared to multiple other female protagonist games out there on the market. I recommend anyone who reads this plays those instead and maybe come back to this one some time in the long-term future. Maybe it'll be better by then.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

DERAX12345

Like this game so far. Female Protagonist is always appreciated. Some people seem to have problems with their devices. But could not see these problems on 3 different system I had this game on. So maybe hardware iusses may be the problem.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Munkieshines

i would absolutely love to give this game a try. the sad reality is, despite having a gaming computer and every other game i get here and elsewhere working, THIS one is totally stuck on the initial load... like, i left it ALL NIGHT and was still loading. so sadly, i can not give it more than one star.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

brunomla

0.2 version
    Poor text system, needs a lot of grind to get somewhere and still lacking content for a consistent play (despite the hours you waste grinding). Its like a revival of Big Brother, but a poor revival. Maybe in the future worth, definitely not now.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

nieselZ

Since Big Brother was the game that got me into this whole VN/adult game genre; (call it whatever you want ) it would be fitting that my first review would be about its successor

Pros
    - Beautiful renders, didn't expect anything less coming from BB that already had really great renders considering how old the game is
    - Decent story ( unlike BB you now play the game from a female perspective, which Darksilver made just as exciting as playing a male perspective // (Male perspective; which has relatively few content so far was recently added after some flack from the community though )

Cons
    - Immense grindfiesta for what little content the game has to offer, much like Big Brother it's just clicking through the days waiting for a certain event to happen that only occurs once a week and at a very specific time ( for instance between 5.45 PM and 6 PM; if you missed it, too bad try again next time after you skip ahead 100 times )
    - No animations
    - The game does not run smooth at all, each time you swap locations or advance time there is a very annoying delay
    - Many elements in the game that were there from the beginning that add no value to the game and make it overly complicated
    - Tedious RPG elements ( having to keep up with hunger, sleep, mood etc or else be unable to do any actions )

Overall i must give this game 2/5 stars; there are just too many cons to this game that greatly outweigh the pros
    Even though i loved Big Brother, at this point in time there are far more enjoyable and overall just way better games on this forum than this one and thus advise anyone that is looking for a good game to look elsewhere
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Kojj4

v0.24

Okay, as I can't delete this review and write a new one, I will have to edit it.
    I played this latest offline version of Glamour and many things have not been changed, only the developer has added more content to the game. The game remains the same, you will have to grind, grind a lot and for those who choose a new game it is quite tiring to have to play, it seems that the game does not advance in history, as it takes a little time to happen.
    I played Kate's story, because I find her story more interesting, but I saw that the developer is making a little mess in the timeline, because some things don't seem to be right. The author writes his script as the protagonist being an innocent girl who is discovering little things, things like sex life. She's a virgin, she loses her virginity to her sister's boyfriend, but during the game you can have sex with Fedor, a Russian who pays rent for a room. But of course you don’t need to follow the timeline and choose to follow other paths, but I prefer and I think it's better follow a timeline and create options for which route to take, because making choices is far from happening.
    I also played Max's story, and the story is very different from Big Brother, his previous game. Something seems that the developer is too lazy to write it, or does not want to do another grind as his previous game did. In Max's story I felt that there was a lack of relationship with the characters, something that could make you as a player develop a relationship. I also thought it would be a good idea for the developer to combine Max's story with Kate's, but I saw that he's doing a little bit of that in Kate's story, but Max's, I thought he was going really fast with the developer of the script.
    Max's story is different from Kate's story, Kate's story has a lot to grind, and Max's story has little, but Kate's content is bigger than Max's. Anyway, both stories are good, but something bothers me a little, because they are two stories within a game, of course this is good, because there are people who have different opinions, some like to play with a female protagonist and others don't, I like to play, but you have to create a great story, if it is a silly story I prefer not to risk playing .

I like this game, the way it is. But what makes it bad is the fact that it has a lot to grind. Kate's story is not complete and I can tell you that it is not yet playable, because there are some actions and interactions that you cannot do, like, for example, the RPG system that the game has. I would like to play something fun, maybe with the same mechanics as Big Brother, the god, but Big Brother had a lot of grinding, I know that, but the author could simplify or reduce this, Kate and Max's story has many things to grind, it is true, but it could be worked on, and I see no progress on that, unfortunately. But does that make it a bad game? no, but it is also not an excellent game. Games have to have a relaxing gameplay, something that gives you a lot of pleasure to play, Kate's story is fun, but with a lot of grind and a lot of things not to do. I wanted both stories to have more interactions, more options than what to do and also more choices to follow. But it will take time or maybe not, I don't know.
    But I can't wait to play this complete game, with playable content even if it takes a few years.

History: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✰
    Gameplay: ✭ ✭ ✰ ✰ ✰
    Graphic: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✰
    Sex Content: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✰
    Creativity: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✰ ✰
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Krugger

Version: v0.9 Offline

PROS:
    Glamour has two game versions, one that you play with a female (Kate) and another that you play with the male (Max).
    Renderings of female character models are awesome, very beautiful and the scenes are good. There are no animations (maybe you like it or not).

CONS:
    Useless RPG system. You must feed, sleep, increase the horny to masturbate. You can also pass the minutes, I think that's a downside since going by the hour is simpler and better. Another downside is the amount of grind it has, games that contain a lot of grind are games that try to hide something, that is the lack of content content, since the size 2GB is because of the high definition images. When the game doesn't have a lot of content, it's because it has almost nothing to do, you're in an infinite loop, since the game is a sandbox. The lack of resources is another negative point, you need to buy a computer that only has the function of buying study packages, this was in the previous game, but in this game you will increase the math and other grades. This is quite bad, since with the computer you will only do this, no buying anything, or even doing something else.
    Players starting out now will find everything confusing and not knowing what to do, the walkthrought is out of date, it has stopped at version 0.5 and so there is no information for search. The hint system is the same as your previous game, but as there is not much information, you will get confused, getting stuck until you can unravel and complete the quest.
    The game gives a lot of work because its gameplay is very slow, having to go back and forth gets tired.

Glamor Female Version
    The idea is risky, because games with female protagonist do not interest the public much, but it's not so bad, it was good, let's say the way the game approaches is not so exaggerated. The renderings of the female characters are amazing, the story is good, but what was left to be desired is that there is a lot of grinding in the gameplay. The game has an rpg that made the gameplay very tiring, you wait a long time to see a scene, the game works slowly, because its gameplay was designed like that and this is quite bad. If it wasn't for the grind, and the game presented itself as a demo would be even a little acceptable.

Glamour Version BB with Max
    A part of the audience did not like to play with a female character very much and so called for a part that could play with a male character. In version 0.17 comes the story of Max (again BB). Now with a new look (it looks better) and a new gameplay (I thought it was bad), the story was copied from the previous game but many parts were cut. Max is no longer that innocent boy, now he's a perv and all the women in the house are wearing sexy clothes (it does not make sense).Maybe if I took the old game and this new content... I don't know if it would be cool, I see now that this new game has a different environment, but in this version I think it's just a demo, because it's pretty bad. So you will like it and you will not like it, because you don't know what it will be like and you don't know if it's a demo. The arts of the game are great, but the gameplay needs to be organized and not grinded. However, I hope the story is better (I believe it will be).

Review:
    I don't have much to say, the things I mentioned are on top. About everything, still has a lot of grinding, since previous games, containing a useless rpg, infinite looping and extremely tiring to play. The gameplay is great, the interface is good and so is the UI, but the game is bad because of that.
    Kate's story is interesting, and Max's return is also with this new style of renderings and art.
    It's needed to remove unnecessary things and put whatever necessary thing. I think this will be removed in the future, but until then, it's very bad to play because of the slow gameplay.
    The walkthrough is outdated! Need to upgrade or put up a better hint system and also timeout information, this is important, the game doesn't have it.

So, why did i give 2 star?
    Because 2 is more than enough. The game comes from version 0.5 and is already at version 0.19 offline. The content is not poor, but it is far from having enough content. I know it's hard to create a game alone or in a group, each working in some sector, but I didn't need to put so much grind. Rpg may be interesting, but the styles that end up not being. It's bad, and a lot. Even more that there is nothing to do to exploit this mechanism. A meaningless empty rpg that only wastes time and makes the gameplay tiring.
    If Glamour is worth playing, I would not recommend it yet, there are many things to do, for a while not worth yet. Wait for future updates, this will take months or years.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

rockaducka

i have been waiting to rate this game for quite some time now, and now after these past few updates i have to say that i like where it is heading. Also it might be a bit grindy but later on it will pay off.
    The renders are fantastic and dont use same face models as of other games out there. I look forward to how this game will Bloom even further.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

cuteelf

[based on v0.19, patron]

I do agree with the complaints about the excessive unnecessary button clicking/grinding (which is really tiring, i literally feel tired after playing the game for a while, just like it was in BB)

However, the direction the game is heading in the latest few versions - with school rues implementation etc. gives me strong hentai high school vibes which means an instant 5 stars from me.

And ofc. it's worth mentioning this is a very high quality game.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

hawkeye35

Best game ever! No, the second after the big brother! I cant be bored playing it. Good graphics interesting gameplay beautiful female charachers. I can only recommend this game. Thanks to the developer for this.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

Knucklenaut

Claims to be a better remake of Bigbrother, however, with absolutely none of the contents that made Bigbrother a loved game. Also, regardless of your content preferences and which character you play, this build is incredibly clunky and difficult to play.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Luckzor

Great Renders, the story is not great but you can enjoy it for moments. "Gameplay" too grindy, you can do the same things for days, you need to wait for some variation or for some event days or even weeks. You can't know where or when you get a "Mission" because the game don't guide you really well and the quest log help you a lot but some moments confuse you even more because some missions need other to advance and the quest log says you what mission is but maybe you don't know where find it or how do it because you didn't get it. This reminds me other games, where the dev waste time making a long story for the characters and all the world and forgets or delay some quest. The interface is good but I hate that the game don't ask for confirmation when you click in some options, if you arent carefull and didn't save in a while you could lose all your progress.

Conclusion: Game too grindy and a lot of scenes are repetitive more than they need to be. Exemple, when Kate spy Julia and Nick, you have to do like 5 scenes 11 times. Yu have to do the same 5 scenes, 11 times.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Mike_sms

Not intrested: without animation, female protogonist, uninteresting plot. Two years ago it would have been interesting, but now there are projects of much better quality. This game can be more interesting for girls.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

Mr_PacMan

uuhh .. where to start ??
    i had high expectation wit this game given that i was fan of BB and was thrilled to find out that few of the characters from that appear in this game, that's fantastic. but boy was i wrong.

Pros:
    -Great artwork ...

Cons:
    - Super Grindy ... with too little payoffs
    - repeating scenes with ZERO variation makes the game get boring fast
    - the game takes too long to update

Verdict:
    unless you are ready to do the same thing with no variation over and over .. and over again to get one little extra scene or a tiny progression before going back to grinding AGAIN, then don't bother playing this. Also have to note that there are few events that depend on "luck" so chance sre you may have to very well have to grind 2x times in those cases
  17. 2.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating of this Game (V0.17) is:

Pros:
    -Renders Great

Cons:
    -Wants to Download
    - Scenes keep repeating
    - Gets Boring fast
    - Big Grinding

Conclusion:
    My Good,what a damn grinding damn Gameplay, F95 should start a ranking page for the Top 10 Good & Bad Games,this Game would make the Top 10 in the Bad Game department.
    Don`t get me wrong,the Renders are great,the Story probably good.(Didn't play it completely,got bored to death), and you can see the folks put a lot of work into the Game, but making the Gameplay less grinding and simpler would have made the game great,also needing a online Connection is a no go for the regular version.

Last Words:
    Save yourself the trouble to download this.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Squark ⚧❤️

The content as it currently stands (0.18) is a little thin on the ground for both main characters but that just means there's a lot of time and space for the game get a lot deeper.
    Granted, I mostly play as the Female MC (Kate) but that's just because I prefer to. Max's content is being brought over from one of Silver's earlier titles - albeit at a seemingly slow pace. This I believe to be a smart development move - the importing of earlier content, not the pace of it.
    The game is a bit grindy for Kate as money is a priority for her and although you do eventually take a second job as her, the game hasn't been written to actually PAY you for that job. Yet.
    In short, the game is good. It has flaws and content holes and most of the available content is based around the relationships between Kate, Julia and Nick to be sure butas I said, there's time, room and space for this to be so much more.
    Bear in mind that if you're trying for one particular encounter, you're going to burn through a lot of repetition. And finger fluids; there's so much clicking to be done.

TL;DR:
    It's good. Has problems, but it's good.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 444674

Sigh...You know? I've been in the fanart section recently posting a few renders of females from BB and Glamour alike. And I said I had no intention of playing this game. Right after I said that I downloaded the game.

Right out the gate, I was hit with problems. Couldn't even adjust my seat first before I was hit with this sorry ass loading screen. Got passed it though after filtering the thread for help on that matter.

Moving on, I don't know if it's the offline version or what, but the lag when trying to hit a button makes me rage so badly. It's bad enough that this game is a click-fest where you're bound to have cramps in your index finger, but then it lags and sometimes the click doesn't register at all and it only gets worse when you're someone like me who hasn't played it from the start, so with ALL the content in the game, and by content I mean all the click you have to do talking to this person, that person and doing repeatable scenes 50 times before you unlock the next path, you can imagine how frustrating that got.

This game is a toxic ass grind-fest the likes of only 2K Games can match. And this is what pisses me off about Dark Silver. When I played Big Brother, the grind was unmatched. You couldn't hope to play that game without mods or cheats, and what's crazy is that there was little to no payoff for your efforts in that game. The sex scenes were stale. No erotic direction at all and very very rushed. You spent all that time getting to the sex, but the sex came and went.

In Glamour, the sex scenes that we have so far that pertain to Kate's involvement actually have some flavor to them. You read her thoughts, the angles are sexier, actual penetration is shown at times, hell, actual pussy is shown at times. Overall the sex scenes are a step up. But it's like DS always has to give up something to make another thing better. We got better sex scenes, but instead of making the grind bearable, it's even worse now in Glamour.

The story is stupid. Long story short, if this college were real, they'd be the epitome of a nationwide scandal. This is why I don't like sandbox games. A lot of times, the story is just non existent. It's just meant to be a series of events to build up stats, but there is hardly ever a GOAL in mind. I'm doing the things the game wants me to do, but I still ask myself "Why does this game exist?" You can't tell me it's to fap with. The grind is too mind-boggling for that. You can't tell me it's for the story, cause it's so unrealistic and stupid so the immersion was never there. Why does this game exist? You play it, but you don't feel the emotion. You don't feel the passion. You don't feel shit other than the possible rage of the grind.

Enough bashing though, for now. Let's talk about what I did like. First of all the renders. DS has gotten better most definitely. His art in BB was inconsistent but that has been fixed here. It's very consistent and it's A+ all the time. I also like the dialogue. I don't know if DS writes the dialogue or if he has someone who handles that for him, but I do like how the dialogue tends to flow naturally. That can be hard to do, but he pulls it off.

I also quite like the 2 focus characters, Kate and Julia. I already loved the female characters of BB and here it's quite more of the same. Everyone from BB returns just as they were in the original (some with slight appearance changes but their personalities are intact). But I love Kate and Julia. I love their interactions when they peek on one another. I mostly play the game JUST for them. I don't care about much else. There are way too many NPCs so scenes often feel so damn robotic and forced. The game picks up in personality any time a BB character comes into play, save for probably Ann. Anytime Lisa comes around, you feel the mood turn into something spontaneous. You feel her presence. You speak to Alice, you feel her distance, but you also feel her likeness towards you. Hell, even Max, whom I fuckin hate, when he appears, you feel his creep tendencies. That's just it. You feel SOMETHING from them. They have personality. The other characters all have witty, fun dialogue and stuff, but their scenes all feel robotic because there are just too much of them. No one gets any focus, save for Julia, who you obviously interact with the most.

All in all, this game is a grind-fest that has no focus whatsoever, just like I predicted. The sex is getting better, the renders are nice, Kate, Julia and the BB characters carry this story. But this game is just FAR too broad in scope. It's a game that wants to focus on everything but ends up building on nothing.

2/5 at most. I don't recommend it. Find a way to rip the CG and keep it moving.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

grtrader

The game is currently incomplete at version 0.16 and this rating takes that into account.
    There are two things it has going for it art work and it can be improved.
    What it has going against it plot and story issues beyond belief. If you like to grind this game is for you.

You have a bunch of students who are attending a college with experimental rules that aren't disclosed and the rules can change and they can supposedly issue fines and so physical punishments and other garbage.

There are only about 10 places in the world you might get away with that type of garbage they aren't places known for their protection of human rights. Even then outside influences deter a lot of stuff to the effect at least they pretend to care about rights.

There however is no place in western culture as this is portrayed to be that it would remotely even fly.

The college would be pointless for all these people to attend because it couldn't pass any of the accreditation by the various accreditation regions and groups for colleges.

All contracts that violate law are considered null and void from the start thus none of the students would owe them anything if they walked out of there and never returned.

Looking at how some of these kids are portrayed and teachers and others around it well there is no chance in hell at least a number of them don't know that. I might think a bit different if everyone who attended the school was portrayed as complete morons not just troubled individuals with different issues.

Back story on the MC her father is a professor of history and isn't an academic unknown. She was homes schooled. Most kids coming out of homeschooling are being taught better than kids coming out of public education these days. With that type of family there is basically no chance in hell she would fall for signing the contract.

For whatever reason the author as many other seem to have this weird view of people being home schooled as totally sheltered. Even with really strict parents most aren't. Homeschool parents network and often work together to create better lesson plans, travel more place s to show their kids how places work group event systems ... 40 years ago that might have been more accurate but it isn't a good representation of current homeschooling.

I could go on forever about the plot issues it has but anyone with a brain in their head and actually reads it rather than just clicking for images should see it as well.

The author also seems to have a habit of putting out partially implemented content rather than building the backend support side first. So you'll find stuff like being able to take a job and told you will get paid and never get paid by it. This method is bad because it means they need to remember to come back and finish the implementation. That might not happen because they focus more on adding new content .

So why do I bother playing it if I have that many issues with it? Hmmm. I did say it can be improved. Can the big plot issues with this be fixed? No.

I've haven't even gone through all the content currently out. But early on it is easy to see the people running the school have a nefarious intent for the students. Then the missing sister just is proof positive that's coming.

Now if the author made this school known for having students with above average sexual behavioral issues. That the school specialized with helping those individuals learn to control their behavior and use it to their advantage in society ... then there would be no need to hide the change in rules. Rules could be made up for each student individually to tailor to their needs. She could be let in as a repressed sexual issue though it was more about not being able to afford a school...

By doing something that simple you could avoid most the legality conflicts and so on. The plot path can still be fit in.

To be clear there are boarding schools in real life that are for people with sexual issues or behavioral patterns.

Update: 9/6/2019:
    Kind of irritated I can't give ZERO stars to this and other some other games. I a good bit farther than I was and just seen what's coming up from another person's post. Frankly, it's bad enough I've pretty much lost all hope at all of this game improving it would take a massive rewrite. Author would need to start giving a shit about the characters acting like they have the attributes they are presented with. The MC comes from an academic family is presented as fairly smart but broke but some how she is a complete idiot through out the game and most the options real people would take you are never presented with. So it's becomes less and less of a game where you have any real choices just a story of the authors design you are forced to grind on to watch and have no real value or impact on.

Choice!
    1. Sorry, I'm not signing shit without it being spelled out in contract.
    2. F boy in the hotel ... You can keep the apartment.
    3. By the way Nicolas I recorded everything all those times on by phone or other devices that exist and are dirt cheap.

At times I have to deal with some seriously stupid teenagers and I would be hard pressed to find even handful out of thousands this dumb. It reminds me of the guy who was so retard he was forbidden by court to have sex. That's the level of stupidity being exhibited by the MC .

I am seriously starting to think most the authors of this crap hate women and see them as idiots. You know maybe its time someone rights a book showing all the stupidity and gullibility of men. God knows I seen enough men being shit wipes having been in the military and worked for DOD and the tech industry. Hell I seen an idiot use his government credit card to by a whore so she would marry him and he was surprise when he returned to the states with her she divorced his stupid ass. Frankly, that's nothing compared to other idiots.